Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes (992 Views)

Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Rebelance(f): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2017
6 REASONS WHY SINGLE MOTHERS ARE SUPERHEROES

I recall about !5 years ago when a bike ran me over. I was a few distance away from our compound playing with other kids from my nursery school when the accident happened. When news got to my mum, she ran all the way from the house, scooped me up into her arms and
ran straight to the Hospital, which is quite a distance from our home.

That was just mum being just mum. She never had to wear a cape, or mask. Throw webs or climb walls. Or fly over the sky like Kara Zo-El. Yet she was and still is my Wonder Woman. An amazing superhero.

When father left us for my step-mother, I didn't feel the loss, seriously, I doubt if any of my siblings did. Mostly because he was never really around. He was in one state, city or the other. So we never missed him but I knew my mum did miss him.
But she never allowed it to stop her from doing her best for her children.
I don't miss my father, I love him, of course, but I don't miss him because mum was always there.
She was both mother, father, she was everything.

Unlike some mothers who have white-collar jobs, my mum was a farmer, she still is though. The woman enjoys farming like no one I've ever known. With the proceeds from her farms, she paid our school fees, fed us, gave us everything a normal child could have.
She was there when we woke up and when we went to bed.

Although the society continues to look on single mothers with scorn and disgust, they have been and still will be the biggest overcomers of parenting and child care.

Growing up with my single mother, these are my 6 reasons why single mums are superheroes.

#1EMOTIONAL BALANCE

You know that thing Vampires and Werewolves do when they are hurt or injured: they heal themselves.
My memories from the time my father left are not really sharp but I never saw my mum depressed. Sad? yeah. I have seen her sad but depressed and mourning my dads' departure? No, mother never did that.
She always put on a happy face, maybe she was not happy inside but she never let it show.

Read: Happy Father's Day - A Single Mum's Story
#2MULTI-TASKING

You find single mothers doing three things at a time. She is in the kitchen, a second later she's helping Her kid wash his body,
reasons 3,4,5 and 6 are so true, find out now http://www.empressing.com.ng/2017/06/6-reasons-why-single-mothers-are.html

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by ITbomb(m): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Yeah, superheroes, it not easy to open your legs for someone who is unwilling to pay your bride price
Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2017
It's very obvious you did not read the post. You don't know how ridiculously stupid you sound. The single mother being referred to above is the one which the writer's useless and irresponsible father left his legally married wife for another twàt.
And it's always easy for you to open that rancid hole in your face to slut shame single mothers as if they are the ones that impregnated themselves. And yes, they are superheroes. It wouldn't take them anything to go the easy way and abort the baby, but no, they take responsibilities for their actions and actually raise up the child. It's a very laudable decision to make and just so you know, no one is above mistakes.

ITbomb:
Yeah, superheroes, it not easy to open your legs for someone who is unwilling to pay your bride price

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by kemtol(f): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2017
ITbomb:
A VERY FOOLISH COMMENT. WHY NOT KEEP SHUT IF U HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO SAY

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by enoqueen: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
Op, u for just continue your story o..

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
Inanna:
It's very obvious you did not read the post. You don't know how ridiculously stupid you sound. The single mother being referred to above is the one which the writer's useless and irresponsible father left his legally married wife for another twàt.
And it's always easy for you to open that rancid hole in your face to slut shame single mothers as if they are the ones that impregnated themselves. And yes, they are superheroes. It wouldn't take them anything to go the easy way and abort the baby, but no, they take responsibilities for their actions and actually raise up the child. It's a very laudable decision to make and just so you know, no one is above mistakes.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy why did you take it so personal?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Rebelance(f): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
Inanna:

It's a good thing there are still people with sense in this country. Thank you.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Rebelance(f): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
enoqueen:
Op, u for just continue your story o..

I will.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Single mothers are super heroes. Fine!

What about married (mothers) women?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by StevensJojo(f): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
ITbomb:
Do you know a widow is also a single mother.May God forgive your judgemental soul.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Zither(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
ITbomb:

undecided angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by eyinjuege: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Acidosis:

They are also to be celebrated.
They are however lucky they've got the support of a partner and are not alone in the struggle to provide care for their children.
We do have some married women who are no different from single mothers as their husbands have left everything from finances, to childcare- literally Everything to them. He also becomes the additional child she ends up catering for. I think their own case is worse sef.
There are some single mothers with involved partners e.g David, Flavor etc. who do provide for, and spend a little time with their children.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by Rebelance(f): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Acidosis:

Whether married or not, a mother who sticks around to raise her children is a superhero. I'm not putting off women who have a man beside them, I'm only stating that those other women who do not have the support of a man and still overcome all odds to raise their kids deserve to be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Single Mothers Are Superheroes by doyinbaby(f): 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
She was talking about a married woman abandoned by her husband .......however even the single mum that is unmarried derservers to be regarded as a superhero becos she gave the innocent child a chance to live rather than the easy way out of abortion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Worried About Husband's Addiction / “Thank God For Lockdown o” – Nigerian Mom Jumps For Joy (See Why) / How Do I Handle My Wayward Brother??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.