Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer (15120 Views)

Details Of Patience Jonathan's Forfeited Funds Published By EFCC / Dino Melaye Rocks Golden Tie To Tosin Saraki's Wedding. Hugs Patience Jonathan / I Survived Five Assassination Attempts In Eleven Months – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by ijustdey: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
…petitions Dogara over harassment by EFCC, NDLEA, Police

Wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, has appealed to the House of Representatives to protect her from harassment from the nation’s security agencies.

Mrs. Jonathan said she escaped two assassination attempts this year.
The former first lady’s accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Police and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) of harassing her.

According to the petition, “There have been assassination attempts, at least twice, between February and April, 2017 against our client ostensibly by the operatives of the EFCC along the Yenogoa-Mbiama road, Bayelsa State in furtherance of its unlawful actions against the (former) first family.

“Only recently, on the 8th and 9th June, 2017, the EFCC have commenced another fresh orchestration of raids on the personal properties of the NGOs of our client situated at Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Expressway, Mbashi by Setraco junction, Abuja, FCT and ransacked the building, placing seals round it, all without any lawful court order or summons.

“This recent actions have agitated the urgent need for this petition to your office. The harassment against our client has persisted unabated.”

The appeal was contained in a petition addressed to Speaker Yakubu Dogara and presented to the House yesterday by Hon. Gogo Bright (PDP, Rivers).

The petition, dated June 9, and titled “Petition on the persistent, consistent and unwarranted personal attacks and harassment of Dame (Mrs.) Patience Ibifam Jonathan,” was signed by G.I. Abibo (SAN) of Granvillee Abibo and Co.

It read in part: “We, therefore, hereby complain to you formally against the agencies of the Federal Government, in particular, Mr. Ibrahim Magu of the EFCC; the NDLEA, amongst others, who have persistently, consistently and relentlessly unleashed an unwarranted campaign of incessant personal harassment and attacks on the person of our client, all in a bid to bring the former first lady into public ridicule, odium and dent of their hard earned reputation for no just cause.

“We posit that time and space will not be sufficient to restate the various acts of harassment of our client, who is singled out amongst all former first ladies in Nigeria for the unbridled treatment, and some of which are restated hereunder.

“The EFCC has orchestrated an endless pattern of freezing all accounts belonging to our client in every bank with spurious court orders including all or any accounts belonging to her relations; friends, associates or her non-governmental organisations (NGOs) which are charitable organisations or entities.

“Of all the former first ladies of this country, only the NGOs of our client, ARM Foundation or World Peace Outreach groups have been singled out for emasculation by the EFCC with repetitive raids on the offices of these NGOs and unwarranted freezing of their accounts even without any lawful court orders. It needs to be emphasised that these NGOs are the pet projects of our client, conceived, planted and nurtured by her with the goodwill and contributions of well-meaning persons in Nigeria and beyond….

“In February 2017, the EFCC made a spurious report against our client to the UK authorities and other international bodies; all in a grand design to forestall her renewal of her international visa and other travelling documents. The allegations sprouted out against our client by the EFCC, were duly investigated by the UK authorities and other international bodies who found the reports baseless and thereupon issued the international visa and other travel documents to our clients.”

While presenting the report, Hon. Bright pleaded that in view of the sacrifices Mrs. Jonathan’s husband made for the country while he was president, the House should wade into the matter and call the security agencies to order.

The lawmaker noted that no former first lady has been persecuted like Mrs. Jonathan since her husband left office. “No former first lady has been harassed like this before.

“But for the sacrifices that her husband has made for the country, the House should consider and call the security agencies to order,” Bright said.

The petition comes a day after an ad hoc committee of the House resolved to invite Jonathan to explain his role in the contentious Malabu oil deal.

It will be recalled that the House, on December 7, 2016, received a similar petition from the former first lady.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/ive-escaped-two-assassination-attempts-jonathans-wife/

1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by lilytender: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Those that want to kill you and those you cheated in your dirty business. Those who helped you to transport and sell stolen crude abroad which you turn around and refuse to give their share are those after your life. If the government wants you dead, you cannot escape it. Stop making yourself relevant because you are not.

Now, I know you are an illiterate with a worthless university certificate so let me school you. Any issue that is in court shall never ever be discussed at the National Assembly because that will be contempt of court. Your fellow thieves are the National Assembly cannot ask the Court to stop action on your case, so you see your letter is worthless.

My advice, go and get 100 worthless SANs to represent you and get some billions to bribe the corrupt judges that will preside over your case. But remember the EFCC, DSS and others are watching you and the corrupt judicial officers closely.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by yarimo(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mtcheeew see as PATIENT Jonathan claiming celebrity as if she is somebody in Nigeria, nonsense undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Blackfire(m): 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
What amazes me is the insecurities surrounding our high and once untouchable politicians once they leave office.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by optional1(f): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
And over here across the Niger Dino have also escaped 2 assassination attempt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Jabioro: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Your past dirty deals are the one hunting you ma.. your accomplices you make used of, dumb them during your reigns..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:
Those that want to kill you and those you cheated in your dirty business. Those who helped you to transport and sell stolen crude abroad which you turn around and refuse to give their share are those after your life. If the government wants you dead, you cannot escape it. Stop making yourself relevant because you are not.

Now, I know you are an illiterate with a worthless university certificate so let me school you. Any issue that is in court shall never ever be discussed at the National Assembly because that will be contempt of court. Your fellow thieves are the National Assembly cannot ask the Court to stop action on your case, so you see your letter is worthless.

My advice, go and get 100 worthless SANs to represent you and get some billions to bribe the corrupt judges that will preside over your case. But remember the EFCC, DSS and others are watching you and the corrupt judicial officers closely.

You don talk for your mind oooo

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by madridguy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Pavore9: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
What can the House of Representatives really do in this situation?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by youngG10(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
who care abt wthr you live or die

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Danzakidakura(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:

Do you have a mother ? I pray nobody should address her as a thief one day even when no competent court have declare her guilty. or label her illiterate .God bless Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Leonbonapart(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Northerners at work
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by NwaAmaikpe: 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
shocked

She won't be lucky the third time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by slyrone(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
those that want to kill mama P.........diarriss God o
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by AngelicBeing: 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:

Gbam tongue

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by MrImole: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
No one can kill our most sought after first lady, have peace madam peace.
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by jconsulting(f): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
This woman live like Cleopatra when she was in power, now Marc Anthony is gone , your yash dey outside

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by shammah1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
It's well mama peace
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by fran6co(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
u people shd allow mama peace to hav peace
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by samtee37(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Our mama peace Don cast grin

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by jomoh: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Honestly these people have taken us for fools in this country and rightly so we are all fools to watch these buffoons rule over us, steal our money blindly and still have th e guts to play on our collective intelligence.

Stories like these make me miss and love OBJ the more. Can any of these fools try this buulshits with OBJ.

Can the likes of Dino Melaiye survive a day under OBJ. Let alone a brainless thieving nonentity like this woman.

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by mu2sa2: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Eyaa mama p. Don't mind the bad belle people - your juju will still protect you at third attempt.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by RichDad1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Noting like an attempt.
They just don't wanna kill you (that is if it's true )
, if they really want you dead , you would have been under the ground by now.
Just thank God for the gift of life and stop trying to score cheap political points.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by Originalsly: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hmmm.......at least two assassination attempts.... but they are so much more worried about bank accounts being frozen instead of capturing the assassins.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by qleap2all(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
ijustdey:

…petitions Dogara over harassment by EFCC, NDLEA, Police

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/ive-escaped-two-assassination-attempts-jonathans-wife/
Were you not in the country in 2015 when madam peace was begging Nigerians against voting Buhari in order not to be prisoned!!!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by martineverest(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
Only herself they assassinate herself
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by lonecatt(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
wetin make we do now, no beans to fry
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by joganut(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Guys! Help ME! My Brother swallowed my 64GB. memorycard, he can't stop, he sang all the songs I downloaded . I'm afraid he might reached in the Video! What should I DO?
Re: Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer by cytell56: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:

Mumu like you, is that the best you can say? Why is she only the one singled out of all former first lady.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will No longer Join Atiku In PDP – Mama Taraba / Atrocities Committed By Fulani-hausa Muslims On Southern Kaduna Christians / Massob Vows To Checkmate IPOB Activities In Southeast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.