Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (28392 Views)

Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / Deportee Assaults Immigration Officers At Lagos Airport / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by pat1612(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Immigartion officers are not law enforcement agency they are responsible for entry and exit of any citizen of any country.
Immigartion will report any person overstaying his or her visa as they have record of it any foreigner coming in country has to report to nearest registration office for their own saftey during any crises.
So for immigration to deport this people that means they have violated their visa condition and immigration officer informed police to round up all the people they have record of overstaying and detain them in deportation camps and not in jail so that they can be deported.
Also immigration or any police will inform concern embassy of person that they have arrested or are deporting a particular citizen on so and so ground.
Any law enforcement agency around world cannot touch citizen of other countries without informing respective embassy.and embassy is duty bound to provide support to its citizen in terms of legal help or paper work even if person is criminal.
So all this people raining abuse around please think about it
Just my view no offense grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by Cindy08: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Let dem come home. Home is home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 08, 2017
Why would Dangote not hire them? whenever he hires his own fellow countrymen, they want to rob him dry! Very few Nigerians can be trusted in management positions... If he could even hire foreign Drivers, gatemen and labourers I'm sure he would. When Nigerians learn the value of hardwork and Sincerity, they would have earned the right to complain.
I would do exactly the same... Nigerians don't need jobs, they have no value for it.. they want to steal or Beg... Everyone feels entitled... getting rich over another man's sweat is the nigerian Hustle.... When we start to get honest, we will start to fix the root of all these problems.

manikspears:
Nigerians are the most stupid creature I've ever seen,when we travel out they treat us like shit,when they come here we treat them like Lords. We give them top positions irrespective of the level of their education ( dangote is guilty of this,yes am calling him out).we cut corners for them to establish slave trade companiese like Ison and techmahindra but when we go there we suffer.are ambassadors are bloody fools.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by victorioushands: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2017
Apart from steady electricity and maybe water, ajegunle is better than India for Nigerians.
BTW, officers don't just begin to go into peoples' homes to deport them, Nigerians must have taken more than the owner can endure. These people are generally peace-loving.

My take though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by manikspears: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2017
naijaFrank:
Why would Dangote not hire them? whenever he hires his own fellow countrymen, they want to rob him dry! Very few Nigerians can be trusted in management positions... If I could even hire foreign Drivers, gatemen and labourers I would. When Nigerians learn the value of handwork and Sincerity, they would have earned the right to complain.
I would do exactly the same... Nigerians don't need jobs, they have no value for it.. they want to steal... getting rich over another man's sweat is the nigerian Hustle.... When we start to get honest, we will start to fix the root of all these problems.

Sadly you have a point

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2017
My Brother we have destroyed our own society.

Parents paying for JAMB and WAEC Expo for the kids, Lecturers selling hands out and grades for sex or cash (whatever is available), job seekers paying top money to get employed into government jobs... parents just want their kids to bring home a nice car and buy a house without asking them where the money came from... Every single step we take, we are teaching our kids that the only thing they should value is money...

Yet when we misbehave, we don't look back and reflect.. we just divert and blame others for our misgivings.

Today we blame politicians, tomorrow its foreigners or white people.... when will we sit down and check ourselves?

manikspears:

Sadly you have a point

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by manikspears: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2017
naijaFrank:
My Brother we have destroyed our own society.

Parents paying for JAMB and WAEC Expo for the kids, Lecturers selling hands out and grades for sex or cash (whatever is available), job seekers paying top money to get employed into government jobs... parents just want their kids to bring home a nice car and buy a house without asking them where the money came from... Every single step we take, we are teaching our kids that the only thing they should value is money...

Yet when we misbehave, we don't look back and reflect.. we just divert and blame others for our misgivings.

Today we blame politicians, tomorrow its foreigners or white people.... when will we sit down and check ourselves?

How are we going to survive now? Outside and inside the country we are not trusted. We are used as slaves by foreign investors. Our Union leaders are easily bought. Which way Nigeria self? Are we mad?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by AleeDee(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2017
They re here helpin to build our economy wyl we re thr destroyin their economy nd lives. I dont blame dem, its our fault. Everyday its bad news with us outside. I'm even afraid of even goin to int'l airport talkless of goin out
Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2017
I feel for the few innocent ones; however, the fact is that many of our nationals constitute themselves as irritating nuisances to their host, disgracing Nigeria and Nigerians by engaging in criminal and anti social activities; thereby denting our image to the extent that Nigerians are no longer welcomed in many countries - it is really unfortunate that those causing us this shameful problem seem to be a particular set of ppl from a particular region of this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by snthesis(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2017
this is simply collateral damage, nigeria is about to breakup, these countries deporting illegal nigerian immigrants are trying to avoid those folks claiming permanent status by seeking asylum once nigeria breaksup.
Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by RaptorX: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
those who are finding it difficult to survive are the ones that refuse to go to school or work, America is home of opportunities , a country where ur dream will come true, uncle don't bring tribalism here, America is not Nigeria where ethnic bigot full everywhere, if there is tribalism in America as ur claimed, Obama a core Blackman from Kenya wouldn't have be a President where white predominate , a life in America is equivalent to life in heaven, the only different is, in America u are mortal while in heaven u are immortal
For you to think life in America is equivalent to heaven tells me you have never traveled out of Nigeria before. Pls keep believing that cause trying to convince you otherwise is a waste of my time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by sHOTdownHawk: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2017
godquality:

Bro, very good points you made. But regardless, there are local and international laws that must be followed when dealing with people from foreign countries. Due process should be followed. But if the government of the host countries allows it officials or citizens to be overzealous then our government should be able to stand of its citizens. Me think.

You think right. The problem is that nigerians have the worst reputation in the world second to somalia unfortunately. Thats why you people need to develop tourism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
RaptorX:
For you to think life in America is equivalent to heaven tells me you have never traveled out of Nigeria before. Pls keep believing that cause trying to convince you otherwise is a waste of my time.
gerrout of here... I have tour this world more than u do... America is a land of opportunity the earlier u believe the better for u... convince urself first tozo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by enemyofprogress: 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
The developers of other people's states and home towns have lost out again in far away India

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by linearity: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
those who are finding it difficult to survive are the ones that refuse to go to school or work, America is home of opportunities , a country where ur dream will come true, uncle don't bring tribalism here, America is not Nigeria where ethnic bigot full everywhere, if there is tribalism in America as ur claimed, Obama a core Blackman from Kenya wouldn't have be a President where white predominate , a life in America is equivalent to life in heaven, the only different is, in America u are mortal while in heaven u are immortal

I don't know the Bible you are reading that might have given you the impression that America is some kind of heaven or heaven. Stop projecting what you saw in movies or heard in the news about America. The reality is farther than that, I will agree that, there are opportunities in America, but the sad truth is the same can be said about Nigeria.

Obama is not from Kenya, he is a second generation US citizen and do not forget that, he is half-white and was almost entirely brought up by his white mother and white maternal families. And yes, there is tribalism and racism in America and the fact that Obama became President does not diminish that, don't use an exception to make a rule or an example; there were 43 white Presidents before him and after him there will be many more white Presidents.

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying there are wide spread tribalism and racism in the US, but to think and act otherwise is myopic. Neither are mind saying that America does not have its advantages, it does and so does Nigeria, but those pluses does not make America heavenly. Believe me, not all dreams come true in America, there are countless homeless, hungry and jobless people in America despite their education, service and hard work.

It is obvious that, you have either not step foot into America or have not lived there. My response to the prior post is very valid and it is myopic to think that, it is only those who refused to work or go to school that find it difficult in the USA. I sincerely pray that; Baba God will bless your hustle and grant you, your coveted America visa, so that you too can come to 'heaven'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes by seangy4konji: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
New Olonsho will flood Lagos soon

God bless their new hustle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy Has No Stamp In South Africa, As Man Blasts Nigeria / Nearly-completed construction of 76.7 Km Iseyin-Fapote-Ogbomoso Road by Oyo Govt / Multiple Cars Collide With Each Other At Iyana Oworo, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.