Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident (980 Views)

Alaka, Badoo Cultist Wanted By Police (Photos) / Girlfriend Of MC Chinedu Paul Think Twice Mistaken For Badoo Cult Member Writes / MC Think Twice Mistaken For Badoo Gang Member Lynched And Burnt To Death (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by LordOfNaira: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mr. Akinrinlade Ayodeji, has narrated how he narrowly escaped being lynched by a mob that had mistaken him for a member of the reprehensible cult, Badoo.

In a Facebook post, Ayodeji described how a simple act of going to fetch water at 7.30pm a few houses from his residence nearly cost him his life, as the residents had mistaken a jerry can of water he was carrying for engine oil, said to be one of the identifying tags of the Badoo cultists.

My story,’ Ayodeji said that on Monday, July 3, he had returned home from work at about 5:21pm, and had taken a nap which lasted till 7:39pm. On waking up, he discovered that he had no water, and decided to go get some water at a nearby tank.

To his surprise, he said, someone accosted him, demanding to know what he was doing in the streets at that hour of the day, with a jerry can.

“Hey hey! What are you coming here to do at this time?” Someone asked him; to which he said he replied, “Sorry sir, I am actually here to fetch some water.”

The person questioning him was rather uninterested in whatever explanation Ayodeji had, and dealt him a slap across the face.

“Before I could finish explaining myself, I saw a very furious man and decided to just turn back to my house. But before I could take three steps forward, I just felt a big and several bangs on my face through the back.

“At this point, I was lost, wondering if the world was ending today.

“Immediately, I saw people gathered, asking in Yoruba, ‘Ki lo de, ki lo sele? (what happened, what’s going on).”

Unlike the gruesome fate that befell Chinedu, allegedly a comedian, who was lynched by a mob in Ikorodu last weekend on the suspicion that he and two other victims were Badoo cult members, Ayodeji had a distinct fortune of being identified by his neighbours, effectively saving him from being beaten to a coma and then roasted alive.

“To cut the long story short, people attested that they know me, even asking the said baba (his assailant), ‘Don’t you know him?’

“They all apologised after several slaps and molestation initially, then I just carried my gallon that someone else had helped fill with water, obviously out of pity, then walked towards my house, entered my room, put off my already tattered cloth, sat down and started imagining what just happened, hoping it was just a dream, behold, it wasn’t, it was real!” the obviously shaken

He added that a few minutes later while he was still busy pondering about what had just happened, he heard some voices at the entrance to his apartment.

When he opened the door, four elderly men that he suspected were landlords, alongside the man that had raised the false alarm and one of his neighbours, expressed deep apologies for what had just happened.

He confessed that though he told them that he was okay, the beating he received was severe, as several people slapped him repeatedly all at once, until someone identified him as a resident.

Reports say Badoo cult gangs rub engine oil on their bodies whenever they go for ‘operations.’

They are said to break their victims’ heads with grinding stone or pestle, while they rape female victims.

On one occasion, they were alleged to have fled with a baby after they had reportedly killed the parents and siblings.

They are also said to use white handkerchiefs to collect blood of their victims.

News has it that members of the Badoo cult invade homes in the dead of the night, during which they attack mainly families, killing everyone during each attack.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2017/07/mistaken-for-badoo-cultist-i-nearly.html?m=1

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by MrPdtech: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Jungle justice is never, and will never be the answer. Say No to it.

2 Likes

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by LordOfNaira: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
The problem with jungle justice. Anyone can be a victim!!! We need to condemn it.

CC. Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by LordOfNaira: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
MrPdtech:
Jungle justice is never, and will never be the answer. Say No to it.

Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by hemartins(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Say NO to jungle justice

1 Like

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by Elmojiid(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
ori ti o ba je i ya to ba sun o ma ji, head wey them go beat if the head sleep it wil surely wakeup....so sorry bro
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by decatalyst(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thanks to God for saving your life.

SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE! IT IS BARBARIC!

On a lighter note, the goats sef are afraid to runaround ikorodu for the fear of being tag an informant for baddoo grin

Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by Young03(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
Go Thanksgiving
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by GLOBALINF: 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thank God for saving u.
Jungle justice is just not it.
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:29am On Jul 08, 2017
why u no slap him back nah u curse am... if he tag u badoo also tag him badoo
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 08, 2017
This is ridiculous,na to stay indoor before. 6pm sure passfor ikorodu o
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by haykinzz(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2017
Mr man....

Pincture of you face ridden with hot slaps and your tattered clothes or your just another attention seeking pervert.

Everybody sha won go viral
Re: Mistaken For Badoo Cultist, I Nearly Lost My Life —ikorodu Resident by TDonald: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2017
haykinzz:
Mr man....

Pincture of you face ridden with hot slaps and your tattered clothes or your just another attention seeking pervert.

Everybody sha won go viral

On point

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Father Forbids Him From Watching TV / Man Shot Dead After Police Find Him Eating DEAD BODY Of Woman He’d Beheaded / School Girl Uniform Following Her Tragic Death Caused By An Accident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.