Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,269 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children (22579 Views)

She's The Best Woman For Me But Not That Beautiful. Should I Still Marry Her? / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / Will You Still Marry After Seeing This ( Pics Added ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by SolexxBarry(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2017
Me77:
Yes of course. Marriage is perfect without children, children ruined marriages. If only I can find a barren woman to marry all all my life, they're simply the perfect wife's.
Big love to all the barren women.

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Martin0(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2017
jchioma:

Hiaan! Easier said than done. No bi African man? When the pressure becomes too much, he may even be forced to marry a second wife or a side chick.
Nna eh na wa ooo,abeg oo I nor wan die young ooo,u bring in a second wife to liv with someone u ve lived with for many year's hmmm that where the home go just scatter I can't take such risk ooo adoption win am ooo chioma,for sure presure will come but mehn I nor go fit accommodate two women in my life ooo,just coz of child wey she nor born hian Nna aaaaaa ...but what u said is true sha,but in my own case I nor want problem oo

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Destined2win: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2017
urchman101:

Well, you are right in your own sense. I think we should also understand that most, if not all barren women never chose to be barren. This is something that can happen to anybody, even if we don't pray for it. Yeah, I understand that there is a level of joy that comes with having your own flesh and blood, a child you can truly call your own. It's doesn't mean that the barren should be left out neither should adoption option be ruled out also.
I am not ruling out adoption for others bUT nobody should be comfortable with it. I am addressing the answer based on the question asked.

To me nobody is barren, I can't marry someone accepting that the person will never be able to conceive. I'd rather not marry the person. If I eventually marry the person, it's with the belief that she'd be able to conceive.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Alabi446: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2017
will u still use a drug after u discovered it has expired.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Destined2win: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2017
swimmer:

See shallow thinking. Is it u that make children? Or u think childless people like to be childless? U re a kid tho
I am not a kid. Like seriously, who goes into a lifetime union with the foreknowledge that one partner will never be able to conceive?

Marrying that person eventually is supposed to be with faith that there must be a conception and not accepting barrenness as something to live with throughout life.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by StOla: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2017
martineverest:
what if u are impotent? Will u advise wife to meet another man?

Yes I will advise she have her own children. Why will I use my own biological handicap to artificially handicap my spouse? It doesn't have to be actual sexual intercourse. Same with mine too, I don't necessarily have to marry a 2nd wife to have children that are biologically mine.

She can have a sperm donor, but her own eggs must be useful to her. Just as I can have an egg donor or surrogate mum, but my own sperm must be useful to me.

I repeat, if I can have my own children, I must. If she can have her own while I am handicapped, she must.

Rather than having complete aliens as our children when one of us can have his/hers for the family.

CC: khiaa.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by jchioma: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2017
Martin0:
Nna eh na wa ooo,abeg oo I nor wan die young ooo,u bring in a second wife to liv with someone u ve lived with for many year's hmmm that where the home go just scatter I can't take such risk ooo adoption win am ooo chioma,for sure presure will come but mehn I nor go fit accommodate two women in my life ooo,just coz of child wey she nor born hian Nna aaaaaa ...but what u said is true sha,but in my own case I nor want problem oo

Lol! I understand your fears.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by soyinkaseun1010(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Wen my mother is happily alive.....Nioooooo
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Martin0(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2017
optional1:

guys forget that thing jor,

your cousin and you are you guys same.. Your cousin married late.

Beside the question said 1week to the wedding will you not after marriage...

I said imagine you the only child of your parent.. Even if they can't detest who you will marry, my dear you can't marry such lady if you reach that bridge...

Pray such won't help to us...
yes madam I hear u,my dear I go marry her simple,person wey I don preach love to how I wan take decide that kind thing??abeg ee na to marry her then we go adopt

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by benlay(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2017
Mynd44:
I am not marrying because I want children if that is the reason, I can just knock up my landlord's daughter; it is that easy.

I believe marriage should be because you share a deep connection with the person you are marrying and you want to go to bed each day beside them, you want to wake up to their smiles daily, you know that your life will be easier, better and lot more comfortable with that spcial person.

If children come, good. If not, fine, we will still have ourselves.

Besides, there is always an option of adoption

If u write to get likes... you know that yourself. If it has not happened to u, you don't know how it feels. People say that until they face reality. I was there before. When people start asking questions then you want to proof that u don't have problem but your wife, and u go outside your marriage to have a child, do u think your marriage will still stay? If you know the process of adoption, u will run. Think about it... our elders say "oo ji ya oni ogbon, tani teacher re"? (if you have not experience hardship, u can't claim u are wise otherwise who was your teacher)

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Martin0(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2017
jchioma:

Lol! I understand your fears.
na so oo
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2017
Destined2win:
angry

I think people who say this deceive themselves, there is a joy you have realizing you have your own flesh and blood, a child you can truly call your own.

The one you want to adopt, no be person born am? If everybody is Okay with inability to give birth, where will you see the one you will adopt. Abegiii leave matter
are you saying a person that is unable to have a child doesn't deserve to be married?

If Yes, that is totally unfair to those people, and that would leave a black mark on the virtues of the marital institution. Meaning that marriage is not meant for all.

If No, then you believe that the ones who marry these people are deceiving themselves.

You underestimate the power of choice.

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2017
benlay:

If u write to get likes... you know that yourself. If it has not happened to u, you don't know how it feels. People say that until they face reality. I was there before. When people start asking questions then you want to proof that u don't have problem but your wife, and u go outside your marriage to have a child, do u think your marriage will still stay? If you know the process of adoption, u will run. Think about it... our elders say "oo ji ya oni ogbon, tani teacher re"? (if you have not experience hardship, u can't claim u are wise otherwise who was your teacher)
May God bless you my brother. When reality hit people, they will compromise their stand

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by khiaa(f): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2017
StOla:
I will if I truly love the woman, but on the condition that I will marry a second wife who will have my own children.

I don't have sperm cells for fun. I must reproduce since I am biologically capable.

Adoption has never been an option with me, when I am biologically fit to have my own. If both husband and wife are infertile, then adoption becomes the only choice.

What if you are infertile is it ok that your wife carry another man's child the same way you would impregnate another woman?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Blackhawk03(f): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2017
Mynd44:

Did I ask to be born? undecided

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

You're crazie tongue
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by GabdelandAgro(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2017
lalabrother:
Would you still marry your lover if you discovered a week to your wedding that they can not have children?

A week to a wedding, both families of the couple would be upbeat with preparations to make sure that all arrangements are made for a successful ceremony. But Saturday Punch is asking Nigerians whether during such preparation, they would still go ahead to wed if they found out their intended life partner can’t have children? Keep ur genuine answers coming...

Source: punching.com

PS: am sorry if this is in the wrong segment, mod pls modify and help move the post to the right segment. Thanks
YES I WILL, because I have a blind faith in her womb and in the GOD I worship, and because I Love her genuinely
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Destined2win: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:
are you saying a person that is unable to have a child doesn't deserve to be married?

If Yes, that is totally unfair to those people, and that would leave a black mark on the virtues of the marital institution. Meaning that marriage is not meant for all.

If No, then you believe that the ones who marry these people are deceiving themselves.

Maybe I should simplify it, Nobody should go into marriage with the BELIEF that the partner will never be able to conceive no matter what the doctor says.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:

I think in an issue like this, let's learn to argue like a typical Nigerian but not like a foreigner

Let me tell you something, no one is completely fulfilled without being able to bear a child. Even people who adopt children did it because it's their last resort.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Mynd44: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2017
Blackhawk03:

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

You're crazie tongue
Na lie?
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2017
optional1:

and he will be like

*mum i love this girl, she is the one who picked me from the gutter and made me who i am today, mum is God who gives children. God will surely give us our own at the right time*

this is Nigeria not America.
And the mum will be like,
If I am truly the one who gave birth to you,you have to listen to me.
May it never happen to us.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Destined2win:
I am not ruling out adoption for others bUT nobody should be comfortable with it. I am addressing the answer based on the question asked.

To me nobody is barren, I can't marry someone accepting that the person will never be able to conceive. I'd rather not marry the person. If I eventually marry the person, it's with the belief that she'd be able to conceive.
When the frustration heaped on the woman from family members is unbearable , she might be forced to bring in another man's child for her husband to father.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by khiaa(f): 11:43am On Jul 08, 2017
Olukat:
There's nothing wrong in getting married to a lady that has a child.
Love should be the base of every relationship not circumstances;
I am married with children but also have children that are not biologically mine, I treat them like mine.
I wish I have more resources to take in more kids.

Off topic.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Obaf1(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2017
lalabrother:
[b]Would you still marry your lover if you discovered a week to your wed
Source: punching.com

PS: am sorry if this is in the wrong segment, mod pls modify and help move the post to the right segment. Thanks
;;;;;;no and no
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Destined2win: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
When the frustration heaped on the woman from family members is unbearable , she might be forced to bring in another man's child for her husband to father.
That's not nice. Nobody should accept barreneness. It's not natural
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Qudus94(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2017
StOla:
I will if I truly love the woman, but on the condition that I will marry a second wife who will have my own children.

I don't have sperm cells for fun. I must reproduce since I am biologically capable.

Adoption has never been an option with me, when I am biologically fit to have my own. If both husband and wife are infertile, then adoption becomes the only choice.
. You on point. We'll come to an agreement I'll have a second wife
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2017
Destined2win:
That's not nice. Nobody should accept barreneness. It's not natural
Only if these young lads know the stigmatisation placed on barren women in this part of the world.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think in an issue like this, let's learn to argue like a typical Nigerian but not like a foreigner

Let me tell you something, no one is completely fulfilled without being able to bear a child. Even people who adopt children did it because it's their last resort.
Bearing a child is not the ultimate purpose of marriage - there is a handful of people who believe so, as odd as it sounds.
There's nothing wrong in arguing outside the typical Nigerian way, it just means that our ideas are mixing up with those of the outside world.

I quite agree that there'll be some discomfort in not having your own kid, but there are still people who will be OK with it.. I don't know about myself.

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by harrison889(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
For me is better i look for different woman that will bear children for me,den stain without child ♥�
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by lovethchioma(f): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Destined2win:
angry

I think people who say this deceive themselves, there is a joy you have realizing you have your own flesh and blood, a child you can truly call your own.

The one you want to adopt, no be person born am? If everybody is Okay with inability to give birth, where will you see the one you will adopt. Abegiii leave matter
Why do you think he is deceiving himself? Everyone can't share the same opinion with you. You must understand that it isn't everyone that's so crazy about having their own kids .

3 Likes

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by TonyRoland(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
Me77:
Yes of course. Marriage is perfect without children, children ruined marriages. If only I can find a barren woman to marry all all my life, they're simply the perfect wife's.
Big love to all the barren women.
Lolz, u are really mad man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have A Cotton Wool Stuck Inside My Vagina / Abortion: Now A Proof Of Love? / Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.