Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

#FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators (489 Views)

The World's Finest Brains In One Photo / Career Opportunities For Business Administrators / The Public Administrators Thread(Official) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by DokitaDave(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
#FreeElujoba: Nigeria on the brink of slaughtering one of her finest administrators on the slab of a nepotistic anti-corruption drive

Some of us (Nigerian youths) have made up our mind and sworn to ourselves to uphold the great values of humanity that are obviously lacking in the country’s leadership today, even while we are yet to lead, when we are privileged to lead and for the rest of our lives. The simple reason is because we clearly understand, feel and suffer what selfish and corrupt governance, incompetency and anarchy have made of Nigeria and her defenseless citizens.

Unfortunately, as I write, the failing Nigerian system is once again bearing so hard on our resolve, our resilience and motivation to remain true to this noble decision of ours. You know it’s quite pathetic and saddening right?

I have been a community member, an ardent follower of events and a critical observer of administrations in Obafemi Awolowo University for a while, especially in the last 6 years or thereabout. I have never witnessed a kind of the leadership brought on board by Professor Anthony Elujoba.

To tell the obvious, it was more than a smooth academic calendar for an institution that usually strikes pretty better than thunder. I mean, that was just one of the many goodies that have since come the way of Nigeria's best university while the Village Chemist lasted at the helm of affairs.

Now, he’s been made to pay for probably going a long extent to ensure normalcy restored to the once tattered system. While I believe no one should truly be above the law, it is a shame that the case for us in Nigeria cannot be described any better than a Yoruba adage has put it; “Ńse ni a fi ètè silè pa làpálàpá” (We are ignoring leprosy for the cure of ringworm). I feel if Professor Anthony Elujoba is eventually jailed for restoring sanity, pride and peace to #GreatIfe after several years of struggles and apparent maladministration of the institution, then, Nigerians (especially members of OAU community) need to be convinced about the real values of the present central government and where its interest lies.

More importantly, this is the best time for the direct beneficiaries – students, staff, parents, Ile-Ife community, Osun State, Nigerian students and all sincere Nigerians – to raise their unified voice in rejection of the obvious selective corruption fight and victimization of 'distant' Nigerians by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Of course, we know those who ran our system aground and surely, we know they have political immunity from the leprous claws of justice. If not so, now tell me, for how long are we going to reward the real thieves with appointments instead of breaking their heart of crime?

By the way, where is the Great Ife student's Union whose members have benefited the most from the leadership of the Pharmacist? Oh, my bad, I almost forgot a soon-to-be medical doctor, who currently leads the Union is allegedly in the business of doctoring the doctrines of the same Union.

So I learnt, as I was gathering thought for this piece that the Union Executives, in a statement purportedly signed by the Union PRO said “…as Students' Union, we firmly maintain our position not to be used by any Union, organisation and even the University Management to achieve their selfish agenda. Nevertheless, it is essential that students decide on what is right and healthy for our Union and mass of students at this critical point in time.” Applaudise!!

Well, I am not certain about those advising the Union’s CEC to tow the line of denying a man who promised the restoration of its proscribed Union and reinstatement of its rusticated comrades and did not eventually renege on fulfilling those promises on assumption of office, among many other developments that came to OAU during his time....
Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by DokitaDave(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
...I have read comments by some campus Leftists and probably that is where the CEC stole this silly idea. One thing is sure, whatever position the Union takes at this time is well capable of changing narratives in the near future. Therefore, there is a need for OAU students to assert a notable and noble stand on the current Magu's danse macabre.

Let me even ask, is anyone still in doubt if selective corruption fight is not what this present government is best known for? Do you not think it is really high time any sincere Nigerian youth reassessed his/her loyalty to this seemingly incompetent government?

Without mincing words, I am strongly of the opinion that Nigeria is at the brink of slaughtering one of its finest administrators on the slab of nepotism. If it does, the martyr’s blood will spill over and clog the intent of doing any good in many. Sadly, Late Major Daniel Bamidele now comes to mind again...

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2017/07/freeelujoba-nigeria-on-brink-of_8.html

Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by giftedheart1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
I pray that God will open our eyes to see the right things. We enjoy clapping for the real thieves and cheering them up, while we send the innocent ones into the gas chamber. This gene4tion of ours will continue to linger in "sincere ignorance" if we can't stand up to protect our future. What prof. Elujoba did within that short period of time is what many more who have spent 3years are still dreaming to do. Students of Great Ife, it is not only when things are not on your side that u protest. This is a clarion call to all lovers of prosperity. #FreeElujoba

1 Like

Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by TheVictorious(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
OP you keep stressing the fact that he's a fine administrator. The question here is, are the corruption charges brought before him TRUE or FALSE?
Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by DokitaDave(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
TheVictorious:
OP you keep stressing the fact that he's a fine administrator. The question here is, are the corruption charges brought before him TRUE or FALSE?
Well. For many who haven't been followers of events in OAU, it may really be difficult to clearly put things to you.

I deliberately didn't want to delve into a lot of contention on the charges preferred against Elujoba but let me curl a part of someone's article (a journalist who understands the OAU terrain very well) and I hope it gives you a better picture of things:

"What happened is this. There was a backlog of allowances owed staff of OAU, the NASU and SSANU which plunged the university into a monumental traumatic and dramatic crisis.

It was in all these that Elujoba's announcement as the acting Vice-Chancellor came on 21st July 2016 with a mandate from the Federal government to stabilise peace in the university and to bring all members of the university together.

Upon assuming office, in a constituted investigative panel, Elujoba discovered that there was a secret stash of billions named a development fund kept in a secret account by the Omole's administration.

In his own judgement, the VC then directed that part of the fund be used to offset the backlog of allowances of the aggrieved staff, as against the federal government TSA policy.

This is what the VC is being charged for. Procedural error, misappropriation and diversion of fund as his action contradicts the Federal government Treasury Single Account directive that all the university money should be directed to the FG TSA.

Let me state it clearly that it is normal if been charged for the procedural error. But the seemingly political undertone attached to the topic is the reason for the complexity I have with the topic.

Nevertheless, truth will always lead."
Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by DokitaDave(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
Cc: lalastica Seun
Re: #FreeElujoba: Nigeria Wants To Slaughter One Of Her Finest Administrators by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
lalasticlala.
mynd44!!.
fynestboi!.
seun!!.

pls move this to the front page.
my instinct tells me that this man is just being victimized by the immediate past vc.

(1) (Reply)

Holiday Private Coaching For Upper Primary And Secondary Students / Usmanu Donfodiyo University Admission / Scholarship: Secure Admission To Study MBBS In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.