Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog (10472 Views)

"Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze / Most Women Respect Spiritual Leaders Than Their Husband - Bamisepeter's Blog / Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by prettyblaqy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
According to one pronounced writer, Odimegwu Onwumere, he said in his book that divorce is a disgrace to Marriage. you critically stated and outlined the history and origin of divorce from time immemorial. According to him, I believe why there are so much divorce this time is partly because people have forgotten their root and background. especially our cultures and adopted white man culture and way of life. That book "Disgrace of Marriage" by Odimegwu Onwumere, is a must read for both married and intending couple.
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by bamisepeters(m): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
Wait oh! OP do you know that marriage is not compulsory? Even God never mentioned it in the Bible as compulsory, that is why divorce is an alternative. For those who see it as a sin,you can go ahead and die in marriage. While those who are strong enough to live as singles make their choice. Just let people be. undecided
Haba! Never said it is a must, but what is the essence leaving with flimpsy error na.
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by bamisepeters(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
prettyblaqy:
According to one pronounced writer, Odimegwu Onwumere, he said in his book that divorce is a disgrace to Marriage. you critically stated and outlined the history and origin of divorce from time immemorial. According to him, I believe why there are so much divorce this time is partly because people have forgotten their root and background. especially our cultures and adopted white man culture and way of life. That book "Disgrace of Marriage" by Odimegwu Onwumere, is a must read for both married and intending couple.
disgrace is even understatement.
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by prettyblaqy(f): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Elle277(f): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
You're right, the rate is alarming! not jus celebs
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nofuckgiven: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
bamisepeters:
Haba! Never said it is a must, but what is the essence leaving with flimpsy error na.
I am very sure most divorced couples didn't leave with 'flimsy' error. Maybe a select few.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Prettyenit18(f): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
Op, am not a feminist. My problem is I hate injustice, I can't stand it nor would I encourage a man to remain with a wife that cheats on him, beats him, lies to him, refuses to take care of the family etc I would tell him to run, the society would tell him to run, his family would tell him to run. But if a.woman in the same situation decides to live, the society, her family, friends etc would be against her, they would start calling her all sorts of names. That's unjust. Even the examples you made in your write up were all men cheating on their wives. Had it been it was the woman that cheated you would have encouraged divorce.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by LEOVOLUTION(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Sarang:
It's their choices op. Keep your opinion to yourself. Let people live the way they want. It's not everyone that can forgive a cheating partner especially if they are faithful.

For me it's a no never.

while you lend your own opinion?
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by TheeDetective: 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
Firstly, you only gave examples of men who cheated on their wives and their wives forgave them. You did not give any example of a woman who cheated on her husband and the husband forgave her and continued with the marriage. Give that sort of example and let us know if the husband forgave the cheating wife. You and I both know that the cheating wife is usually sent packing but for the cheating husband, the wife should forgive him and remain in the marriage as the wider society expects her to do so. Women really do have the short end of the stick.

Secondly, the women who decided to end their marriages as a result of their husbands cheating on them SHOULD NOT BE CASTIGATED. Do you know how difficult it is to forgive a cheating husband/wife? The wedding vows you take, are not taken for the fun of it as they are vows that needs to be adhered to and cheating on your spouse, SHOULD BE AN ABHORRENT AND NEEDS TO BE AVOIDED.

Finally, If you resolve in your heart that you will not cheat on your spouse, then NO MATTER THE TEMPTATION, YOU WILL THINK OF HOW HURT YOUR SPOUSE WILL BE WHEN THEY FIND OUT THAT YOU CHEATED ON THEM WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND THAT ALONE IS ENOUGH DETERRENT.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Kingpee2(m): 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
I refuse to buy this one ,if I ever find any man beating a woman all in the name of she's my wife ,abeg that woman should not only divorce him,flee from such man,once a beater will always be panel beater and trust me the end is near ...

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Anextin(f): 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
Op I disagree, most marriages crash not because of cheating, no. Its when domestic violence becomes a norm in it. 95% of men who uses their spouse as punching bags are 100% cheaters.
Do ur research again. Even the white may look the other way if its jut cheating but not when DV is involved.
Anybody who advises a woman to go back to a man who abuses her physically is very wicked and evil. Some idiotic people will keep asking what a woman did to warrant being beaten. She must have run her mouth they will conclude. She must have insulted the man some will say. But when she ends up dead. That's when u hear them calling the man unprintable names. So sisters save ur self its only when a woman dies that people are concerned. When u are being lead to death most don't see the error in that. Leave that man who abuses u, he's not worth a hair on you. Save your selves so ur precious kids won't end up alone.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Sarang(f): 12:01am On Jul 09, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

while you lend your own opinion?

You don't have to care about mine either. smiley
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Anextin(f): 12:02am On Jul 09, 2017
prettyblaqy:
You will tag divorce a disgrace because u must be enjoying ur marriage if u married or u don't relatives who are in bad marriages. Being a divorce wife is better than a dead one. The only answer to domestic violence is separation/ divorce cos there's no guarantee he will stop till u are dead.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by mercy232(f): 12:21am On Jul 09, 2017
OP, u better go and sit down... marriage is far more complicated than it's being described sef..

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 09, 2017
bamisepeters:
thanks for that correction.
You're welcome
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by cococandy(f): 4:19am On Jul 09, 2017
When you thread starters and commenters are ready to preach the same tolerance to men when their wives cheat as you do to women when their husbands cheat, then you will be taken seriously. Until then, GTFO with your hypocrisy

7 Likes

Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:44am On Jul 09, 2017
Anextin:
Op I disagree, most marriages crash not because of cheating, no. Its when domestic violence becomes a norm in it. 95% of men who uses their spouse as punching bags are 100% cheaters.
Do ur research again. Even the white may look the other way if its jut cheating but not when DV is involved.
Anybody who advises a woman to go back to a man who abuses her physically is very wicked and evil. Some idiotic people will keep asking what a woman did to warrant being beaten. She must have run her mouth they will conclude. She must have insulted the man some will say. But when she ends up dead. That's when u hear them calling the man unprintable names. So sisters save ur self its only when a woman dies that people are concerned. When u are being lead to death most don't see the error in that. Leave that man who abuses u, he's not worth a hair on you. Save your selves so ur precious kids won't end up alone.
didn't specify the cause, it's been so many things, cheating is just one.
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by sweetilicious(f): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2017
This is good
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by pabostt: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
If i am to look critically at the comments made by people on this very topic, there is something I notice which is women hate cheat. And there is a simple fact when people hate and that is ''tolerance is always low"

Can we now classify cheat as unpardonable or unforgiven sin?

Although, I understand that it isn't easy to get such unfaithful act out of one's mind but I believe if the guy decided to change permanently and never repeat such act, he should be forgiven.

But my question now is "How do one know if a guy won't be tempted to fall into the same ditch?". A guy that cheat is like a dog that suck blood for the first time, the tendency to repeat the same is on a high level.

Lastly, divorce may seem as the best option but the long-term effect is always deadly.
Re: Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog by ArcToyin(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=elantraceey post=58260172]I can't tolerate a cheat, at least the Bible has given me leverage to divorce on the grounds of infidelity, if he's not satisfied with me, I'll simply walk away...My life is too precious. [/quote
But the divorcee and the divorced cannot remarry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? / I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.