Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car (10126 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / 5 Ways To Know Your Car More Than Your Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2017
scobaba:

U just mentioned the areas dat will kil u. Its good u r still alive bro.

Na you sabi, I take my vehicle there no regrets.
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by nasonaso: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Banee:
I gave my mechanic 58k to help replace my shock-absorber,went to work,and by the time I came back,my money was returned intact,he had removed the absorber one after the other,checked and confirmed they were all okay,therefore no need to change any.I used the absorber subsequently for close to 18months before I ever changed 2 out of it.Since then,no one touches my car to repair if not Mr Wole-Edo lodge Junction, Oke Ijebu-Akure.Ondo state.

Please can I have the contact of your mechanic. I need him. what brand of car is his specialty?
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by ray48: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
I have a friend who many years ago had a VW Golf with 1.8litres engine capacity. He also had a mechanic who he trusted for years. Along the line, the car had engine problem & required Change. He gave money to this mechanic to buy d exact engine. This mechanic went & fraudulently bought 1.6 litres engine & mounted it on the car without full disclosure to my friend. My friend started driving it but noticed that the car was not picking speed again alongside other issues. But the mechanic explained it away & my friend overlooked it cos of the relationship. Still d mechanic didn't tell him he bought a smaller engine. Many months later, d car had issue & incidentally that mechanic travelled. He then took the car to another mechanic & after hearing his long list of complaints & inspection of d car told him dat the engine bought by the mechanic is 1.6 litres and not 1.8 litres.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / Quick Steps To Apply For Your Number Plate In Nigeria / Have You Tahjir Your Car Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.