Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. (16309 Views)

Order Of Presentation: Can We Meet You? / UK Jobs Faces One Almighty Threats This Season / We would love to meet you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by gracile(f): 5:20am On Jul 09, 2017
Urgent!!!
Please experienced naira landers, what is the best way to answer this question? How much or how little information about yourself should be divulged? Under how many seconds/minutes?
Thank you
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by rotexteymie(f): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2017
smiley smiley also waiting for replies
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by nmreports: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2017
I answered it here: https://www.nairaland.com/3651114/how-answer-tell-us-yourself

This is one question that can be likened to an elevator speech. That 30 seconds window you have to sell your product or make a point.

When you are able to answer this question properly, you are 50% away from the second interview.

Check my past threads for other helps and stuff that you will find useful.

Smart people will also make this site their friend www.hrtechnique.com

3 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by hemartins(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2017
When an interviewer asks the question ‘Can we meet you’, you should take it up as a real opportunity to wow them with your answer. Wow-ing does not mean you being to speak in too candid or animated a fashion, but rather just speaking very lucidly and speaking in good English. After glancing through your CV they probably want to meet you in person to see if you fit the bill, so you should try your best to impress them
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Valleoo(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2017
Mmmmmmmm
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by donspero(m): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2017
sad face cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by NwaAmaikpe: 8:25am On Jul 09, 2017
shocked

Ensure you come in with an aura that eliminates the need for that question.

But if it does come, I go this way,

I'm NwaAmaikpe NwaAroOkeigbo,
A thriving man with a penchant for precision and excellence.
I'm #&years old, presently married and pursuing a Doctorate degree in Metaphysics.

I've got diverse professional work experience ranging from Literary work criticism, to Social Media commenting, to Architectural practice, to Strategic Management in various financial institutions and a brief stinct in lecturing.

Just make sure you leave them with a 'wow' in their mouth

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Prevho: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2017
cannot type much
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
this dude is the only reason I open nairaland these days

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by DisGuy: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2017
This is a naija journalist question, not an interview- doesn't make sense one bit

Tell us about yourself is the interview question

Yes I'm Alhaji Dan Baba Dr of science from lokogoma LGA

1 Like

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Horleey: 8:46am On Jul 09, 2017
You can start by telling the listener your name, LGA, State of origin, Religion, Educational qualifications and marital status. The person should ask further if other information is needed.

1 Like

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Richy4(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2017
Mhhh!! Mhh!!! *** Clear throat***

My name is.....I have a master's degree in....A bachelor's degree in.... I have worked several years as a/an...... {mention the title of the job eg account officer Credit control officer etc}

in all this roles, I have proven to be effective, efficient, and a wonderful performer...

Based on the role that I am being interviewed to day, I believe you are looking for someone that can do { you mention two or three major job description on what they were looking for} that will make them know you know what it was that they wanted....

Then you went ahead to say that you have a combined skills and experience for it...{remember to swallow some spit..because that's when the real interview begins} short and sweet

8 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Zimway: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2017
"Can we meet?" simply means "can we know you", you are expected to introduce yourself to them.

2 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by madgoat(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by omolizzy(f): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm #&years old, presently married and pursuing a Doctorate degree in Metaphysics.

I've got diverse professional work experience ranging from Literary work criticism, to Social Media commenting, to Architectural practice, to Strategic Management in various financial institutions and a brief stinct in lecturing.

You are intelligent but your behavior sometimes is .....

8 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by jintex(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2017
Just be careful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by fatymore(f): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

behind this Monika comes a great personality.. He is just trying to be troll

4 Likes

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Olibboy: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2017
My name is Gurjeet Singh. I belong to Ferozepur city. I am pursuing BCA from Guru Nanak College Ferozepur cantt. I completed my secondary education from RSD School Ferozepur city. Besides me, there are 3 members in my family. My father, mother and my sister. She is the elder one. I am fond of reading books and playing cricket.

NEXT TIME ASK GOOGLE BECAUSE WE AIN'T ORACLE.
Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Raintaker(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Same question, different approaches to the answer.

I'll go this way: My name is ....,......, A graduate of ..,..... , Served in so so so so where I worked as a......where I ensured/brought about.........(list accomplishments.

I am..............(List the skills on your C.v).

1 Like

Re: The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Nwaikpe on point

(1) (2) (Reply)

NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This / Can I Apply For Immigration Recruitment As A Serving NYSC Corper / 5 Handworks You Can Learn In 2019 That Pays Better Than Bank Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.