Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Need To Fix My Gear Box. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need To Fix My Gear Box. (9012 Views)

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement / What Could Be Wrong With My Gear. / Please Advise On My Gear Code P0798 and P0986 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:

Please sir
Don't be angry with what is happing down there
But I a sure everything will soon be solve have a old him what to do

Pls I will really appreciate it. If you have anyway it can be expedited pls do.
It's getting frustrating already
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
captainking:
Sorry about that Bro.. Gazzuzz. Honmusa.. Mayor123... Come to his aid o

Pls guys, come to my aid o. I would t mind taking care of the logistics down there for you to take a professional look at it.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
stpat1:

Should be back to Lagos by Thursday and I hope the story will not continue...
...to be concluded.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by bsideboii(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hope this transmission issue gets solved.I can only imagine the expenses and stress.Pls udate us on the progress..We are learning.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
diportivo:

na yaba left get u last last grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3682572/spousal-financial-arrangements-marriage

ur alternate monikers aving a field day on ur own thread grin

unfortunately, are not worth my time and energy angry

Lol, this is really funny. How can someone be having a conversation with himself lol. Na real yaba left.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by diportivo: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol, this is really funny. How can someone be having a conversation with himself lol. Na real yaba left.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=stpat1 post=58479782]

Pls I will really appreciate it. If you have anyway it can be expedited pls do.
It's getting frustrating already[/quote

If you will agree with me be patients let him get you a gearbox from another shop and also I have told him to report to union so I believe by Monday solution will be done
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
[quote author=Mazdaenginepart post=58491267][/quote]

He called to tell me that he has reported to the union and he will go find another gear box himself in the market on Monday.

What I expect from him is to do whatever he needs to do and just call me that the car is ready for pick up.
But the problem is that when I am not on ground, they all just lay back and do nothing.

Let him do all he needs to do and let me know when it's ready.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Kashif(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
@stpat1, kashif is on nl, search for him with his moniker. but he ain't cheap and I remember mayor2013 offered a free diagnosis. that offer might still be valid.

wen u contact kashif, just be meticulous and scientific

I am not cheap LOL! That is a compliment but, cant remember us having any deal.

And yes, you need all the details to be able to string a diagnosis. Unfortunately, I am very time-constrained right now.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
stpat1:

He called to tell me that he has reported to the union and he will go find another gear box himself in the market on Monday.

What I expect from him is to do whatever he needs to do and just call me that the car is ready for pick up.
But the problem is that when I am not on ground, they all just lay back and do nothing.

Let him do all he needs to do and let me know when it's ready.
will tell him to be geting your car ready asap
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
You all have seen it done
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Dbkk: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2017
stpat1 Update?
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Kashif:

I am not cheap LOL! That is a compliment but, cant remember us having any deal.

And yes, you need all the details to be able to string a diagnosis. Unfortunately, I am very time-constrained right now.

oga mi, yes u r not oh. haba. lemme let him know on time! lolz we haven't had any deal but someone with ur level of expertise isn't gonna be cheap so if I'm referring u to anyone, I'd be sure to let them know! Kashif is not cheap, some other gurus here too ain't cheap.
diagnosis might cost more than the actual fix sef!
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 1:34am On Jul 23, 2017
Dbkk:
stpat1 Update?

I have been away for sometime and my brother had been the one going there to check on the work.
Eventually the car was picked up on Thursday though very unsatisfied as sometimes the car jerks when the gear changes.

Now, the "N" reverses, the D1 is the Neutral. Just different rubbish jare. All these after paying heavily and wasting money.

I just got back to Lagos today and to tell you the truth, I'm too scared to drive it anywhere. I no fit shout or push car for road.

I'll just save up and take it to a professional for a proper evaluation, diagnosis or gear box replacement again.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:11am On Jul 23, 2017
stpat1:

I have been away for sometime and my brother had been the one going there to check on the work.
Eventually the car was picked up on Thursday though very unsatisfied as sometimes the car jerks when the gear changes.

Now, the "N" reverses, the D1 is the Neutral. Just different rubbish jare. All these after paying heavily and wasting money.

I just got back to Lagos today and to tell you the truth, I'm too scared to drive it anywhere. I no fit shout or push car for road.

I'll just save up and take it to a professional for a proper evaluation, diagnosis or gear box replacement again.

@ kashif, please help a brother out! I've been in his shoes before, it's the exact opposite of pleasant.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by timifakay(m): 7:13am On Jul 23, 2017
stpat1:

I'm sorry about the situation you found yourself, but
1. The very first comment was a free diagnosis from Mayor2013 at Igando, but you ignored and took the option of taking car to Ladipo by yourself.
2. Gazzuzz has his workshop in Ogba, but you were not patient enough to search for his address via his previous posts.
3. Honmusa has his workshop at Osodi-Gbagada expressway, but you didn't take your car there either.

You took a risk and followed a Mazda parts dealer to get Honda parts, with hopes it would work out but here you are worse off.
I doubt any of the reputable mechanics here will ever touch your car with a 10feet pipe due to your 'smart act' and how quickly we suspect you will want to come discredit them online if anything doesn't go as you expect. Better luck next time sir.

Note: It's not that I'm unsympathetic oh, I'm just analyzing the matter as it appears to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2017
timifakay:

1. The very first comment was a free diagnosis from Mayor2013 at Igando, but you ignored and took the option of taking car to Ladipo by yourself.
2. Gazzuzz has his workshop in Ogba, but you were not patient enough to search for his address via his previous posts.
3. Honmusa has his workshop at Osodi-Gbagada expressway, but you didn't take your car there either.

You took a risk and followed a Mazda parts dealer to get Honda parts, with hopes it would work out but here you are worse off.
I doubt any of the reputable mechanics here will ever touch your car with a 10feet pipe due to your 'smart act' and how quickly we suspect you will want to come discredit them online if anything doesn't go as you expect. Better luck next time sir.

Note: It's not that I'm unsympathetic oh, I'm just analyzing the matter as it appears to me.

grin grin
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2017
Mazdaenginepart

This is the case I was asking you about.

Seems there's another cow here
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by mayor2013: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2017
timifakay:

grin grin
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Mazdaenginepart

This is the case I was asking you about.

Seems there's another cow here
Lol do you here the mans voice again
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 8:21am On Jul 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
lipsrsealed

grin grin
All of you don't even know about cars cause all you keep saying is were it will favour you all
A gear need to be change but you all keep on talking shit diagnosis or what you called it
For you mayor2019 or what kindly ask the man if is car is normal now or not
You all thinks am ordinary person
I can invite you all to come and see my shop
Maybe then you will know the type of person you are talking to

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by mayor2013: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:

All of you don't even know about cars cause all you keep saying is were it will favour you all
A gear need to be change but you all keep on talking shit diagnosis or what you called it

His reply says he is unsatisfied
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2017
stpat1:

Mazdaenginepart:

Lol do you here the mans voice again
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
stpat1:

pally what's happening with the car now, u have allot of people's indulgence in ur gear box saga, u r obligated to inform us of the latest update! from ur last update, car was in terrible state, nl contact claims it's been resolved. what's the status?
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=58740768][/quote]
My brother and the mechanic have confirmed it okay
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by LeJeun3: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
undecided
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by LeJeun3: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2017

I cannot hear the man's voice! I see his pains

Mazdaenginepart:

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
LeJeun3:

I cannot hear the man's voice! I see his pains

let's wait for the owner to come, first.
I don't believe someone like mazdaenginepart hu is supposed to be an authority in such matters would conclude that a slipping and hard shifting gear coupled with odd gear calibrations is "OK" just because his mechanic and his brother told him so and also without confirmation from the owner hu has suffered a lot.
let's wait and see, I believe stpat1 will soon come online.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by diportivo: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
diportivo:
the deed has been

the person dat gave u number now claims he is in togo....by and large,u are on ur own

its painful....as i can imagine all u av gone thru.

money...time...stress...how do u recover all

that ur mopol option wld av been nice,but remember his 'senior' bro is herr that wld tell him u r bringing them

get soldiers......dont dull.

use them to get a full refund.....or else

3 months down the line u will av a permanent spot in ladipo

na God say make u carry am comot

na so u for buy land for there

ladipo mechs are bad ideas undecided
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by timifakay(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:

Dear humanoid, last the car owner posted, the indicators of the lever do not tally with the functions they serve.
Please forgive our ignorance and assuming you are ordinary person like us.
He was offered free diagnosis before you gave him your "brother's" (by the way, is he human or not ordinary like you?) number and he's had to replace and repeat same procedure till he lost count in the hands of you people that are not ordinary. He would have enjoyed better services in the hands of we ordinary people who diagnose and have accurate details before working, please leave this kind of work for mere mortals.
Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2017
rtyuiop[
Mazdaenginepart:

My brother and the mechanic have confirmed it okay

Hello Bro,
I know you must have really tried your best to help out. The truth is that your bro doesn't know anything about Honda so its just unfortunate that he got involved. The drive to also make some quick cash is the strongest factor for him to have ventured into a terrain he is unfamiliar with.

My concerns are as follows

* 40 % of the components that make up this gear that was fixed was gotten from my own old gear. I queried it since I believe the fault could be from any of the components. I expected that the bought gear should come with its own components and not completing it with components from a faulty gear.

* The gear leaks oil. I pointed this out to your bro, but he was just too confused on how to deal with it or how to face the people he got it from and he just wanted me to take the car away by all means so he could enjoy unmerited profit in peace. As soon as he learnt I had traveled, he called to say the leak had been fixed. From the time it was installed to today (Sunday), the gear box has gulped 9 liters of gear oil. sadly, when I gauged the gear oil level this morning, its was below the minimum recommended level. This quantity is apart from the oil that was filled in the first installed gear box that had to be drained off when the gear box didn't work. Note that the workmanship by the mechanic and electrician is over 30k for the trial and errors (borne by me of course).

* As I previously mentioned, the gear position indicator issue is still there. The gear gets stuck if I fail or forget to systematically maneuver the stick to the park position. Now I have been taught how to use screw driver to pull it out of that position. What a trick to learn.

* The drive gear does not work at all. for the car to move, the gear has to be on D3. You all know what that means. It means the car cannot go beyond the 3rd gear no matter how much you rev the car.

* The mechanic your brother engaged to the work is actually an inexperienced "professional". I was there when he commenced and completed the first procedure and from conversing wih him, I can confidently deduce that he was also at a loss of the events and was always quick to push the blame to the supplied gear box. At no point in time did he have a technical or logical explanation as to what could be wrong.

I can go and on but no be everything person go dey yarn jare. Deed has been done. i just had to get the car away from there as there is no ray of solution coming from those guys.

@Mazdaenginepart, I am not trying to discredit you o, as I want to believe you referring me to your brother was with good intention but I am only disappointed that you didn't know his his capability before vesting such confidence in him before referring him.

Thanks for your effort all the same.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 12:20am On Jul 24, 2017
This week, I will continue my search for the solution. Now I cant even install my old gear because I unwillingly left it with Mazdaenginepart's brother after his deployment and application of an arsenal of systematic coercion.

I should have listened to my wife's initial advice. "TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL, ITS ALWAYS THE COST EFFECTIVE PATH"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Car Collection: Why He Has So Many Luxury Cars? / Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. / Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.