Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37347 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
gentleiphy:
[b][/b]All the advice and contributions by everybody here as regards the OP's question whether to stay back in Nigeria or travel abroad are all valid point made.Being objective in some decisions seems the best way to tackle issues as well as being realistic.

For starters,no country in this world is the street littered with money money that as soon as you are born or arrived the country you start picking the coins and notes on the road...you have to work through your strengths,ability,ambition and mindset to achieve anything.With that said,in every country there are rich and poor,in Nigeria there are also rich and poor,graduates in any country also have to face competition to get jobs like Nigeria.In every country people have started jobs got fired and lose it from there,same in Nigeria.In every country you also need capital to start off a business so also is too in Nigeria and if you don't have capital you cant start..however some countries have stable economic environment to encourage business growth while some the harsh economic weather can stifle any intent of succeeding in business.

Now let me go to the question.Travelling abroad should not be seen as a do or die thing and also should not be seen as a route to the syndrome of Make-money-quick..if you intend to be in a legitimate job with a legal status..its easy to delve into the make-money quick in Nigeria than elsewhere because the system in Nigeria is based on anything goes..fake drugs goes,substandard materials goes and the rotten political systems and financial fraud.So many have personal reasons to relocate under [b]LEGAL[/b]means and not on a visit visa...some also have personal reasons to remain put in Nigeria and wade through the storm of hardship created by the politicians which by the way can in the near future end and things return back to normal.

someone here rightly said that so many in Diaspora are not better of because they have not built a house in Nigeria or have any investment in Nigeria...yes but measure of success mostly are not by how many houses you own,measure of success to so many is the quality of lifestyle you live with little or no money as compared to non quality lifestyle some live with plenty money..i will explain.

Some Nigerians left the country in search of better quality life for their family,kids and have access to the most commonest basic things being denied in Nigeria.Some have held big managerial positions in Nigeria but when the chips are down they are caught up in the web of confusion and hopelessness attached to Nigerian society.Some run away from Nigeria not because they dont have this money but because they seek for quick access to good and quality health care delivery system with or without money,some seek better security and protection of their lives,some seek easy access to clean portable drinking water and 24hrs electricity,some seek the freedom and respect as a human being first and foremost where rights are both for the poor and the rich and not only for the rich and where the legal system protects them whether rich or poor,some seek to relocate to better afford their kids a fast and assured future both in education which is quality and at a pace commensurate with their age.Most also sought for better job and at the same time enjoy all that i have mentioned above..nothing good also comes easy,you have to raise the bar to fit in to the new country you relocated to.The okonjo iwealas did not just get successful in the US,she worked hard for it and which she was to be in Nigeria she would been see as being made once she gets to Abuja politics..but US offered her the opportunity to become what she is today and mind you her kids have never lived in Nigeria.

Not undermining also the achievements made by so many Nigerians in Nigeria too and all that didn't come on a platter of Gold,hard work was also visible.But the difference is,the society and its perception about what quality life should be..Nigeria is zero and not looking like its going to ascend out from the zero mark anytime soon.Apart from the rich and the lucky middle class,can we say that everybody in Nigeria has the same access to same provisions of things that makes life easy?nope but in western world everybody both rich and poor have access to the most commonest things that makes life sweeter and better...in western world people may not be earning half of what an average Nigerian earns but are better in living life...simply put in western world both rich and poor are LIVING life while in Nigeria both rich and poor are merely EXISITING.. the difference in both[b] LIVING[/b] and EXISTING can put this way..the existing always run to the living for help and that clearly defines the abroad we talk about and the Nigeria we are comparing it with.

Finally,no place is as sweet as home,but sometimes the heat in the home will drive you outside to go receive the airconditon in another mans house and when you come back to your on house where you left you get surprised seeing the heat rashes(Poverty and stress) left in the body and faces of those in your home sweet home.Decision to relocate should not be based on what people abroad or people at home tells you...base your decision on what you actually want for yourself..is it money? or is better life or is it for the sake of running away from Nigeria...people work good jobs abroad..in US 99% of Nigerians are highly skilled and hold various top positions in their chosen profession and some destiny too kept them away from breaking through whether in abroad or back home...after all some in Nigeria started business before Dangote but some have parked up and return back to the village.But in all please do not relocate to any country without the legal way,do not run away to any country with visit visa...otherwise the sufferness you will meet wont be a nice story to write about..life is better abroad than Nigeria no matter how we explain it or try to use those that immigrated illegally and those not being fortunate to do the job they did back home which in anyway is tied to destiny...success is not by hardwork alone...success is favor from God first..to whom God chooses he bless.if you like run to jerusalem or remain in Nigeria what God decides about you is all that matters.

wisdom is the best.think carefully before you take any leap.

This is the best conman here.

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by gentleiphy: 1:10am On Jul 14, 2017
Ugosample:

This is the best conman here.

[b]Conman?how...i just gave my objective opinion boss...and conman doesn't seem to me a proper language..my objective response is based on experience of both side of the coin of living in Nigeria and also living abroad.I quess i made sense to the op..by the way before you conclude that i am one of those naija that wont hesitate to leave naija with visit visa or one of those that ran away to abroad and are no where to be found...i worked as an Accountant with the Maritime in Nigeria for 12yrs and now living in Canada with my family as permanent resident and work with one of the richest Estate and property development company in Western Canada..i moved to Canada under the federal skilled workers program out of choice of getting tired with what naija offers in terms of living life and for the future of my kids..and i have enjoyed every bit of my decision so far.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Tnot(m): 2:17am On Jul 14, 2017
RELEASEUS:
Dont say what you dont know without making research. As civil Engineer in Qatar, I and many colleagues from Kenya, South Africa, Europeans, America, Sudan and many more are doing very well here. If you are a skilled professional then you have no problem at all. I never in my life thought I will buy a brand new 2016 ride delivered on flat bed truck while in Nigeria. Medical is 100% free here even if its heart operation. So forget Canada, Us and UK.some of them are runing to the middle east. More so tax is zero here. So bros abeg boon the western world.

I sent you PM, Please i need your contact.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 14, 2017
erico2k2:

YOu are talking as if you have never lived in Nigeria B4, You are right its called advice, what worked for me might not work for him but do not forget it worked for me, so I must think it might work for him, i cant give anyone an advice I can guarantee, I can only give advice based on my own personal experience not what the next man went fru cos I would not know the ins and out.Talking about not trying, have you not seen people who are fully employed but still live in poverty cos of overhead?.Did you not see where we said having a combined salary of N200k might still mean you are living in poverty?
As things stand Nigeria is xtreemly expensive to live in by live I dont mean exist,you have to buy a car fuel it, service it, train kids build or rent a house, healthcare,school fees all these paid upfront.Me using that young man as an example is and explanation of the basic ills of Nigerai, it merely expands to what extent our society has decayed up to.I have a room mate from ESUT back in the days, when I was a 100 level student, he was a 400 level Comp science student,I saw him in the bank 2008 on one of my visit to Nigeria, he only just got a job the month B4,2008, I graduated 1999, he was Brilliant. Like I said in my respond about taxi drivers in the US, people who failed to secure employments are not weak,Its not as if they dont try enough,Sometimes life is just sooo unfair in Nigeria the chances of you securing employment is so slim unless you know somebody that knows somebody the past 2 years FG has a freeze on civil service employment.You will even work and wont get paid.The country is frustrating for those of us who aint so fortunate.

Is Nigeria more expensive to live in than Ghana or Abhijan? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2017
gentleiphy:

[b]Conman?how...i just gave my objective opinion boss...and conman doesn't seem to me a proper language..my objective response is based on experience of both side of the coin of living in Nigeria and also living abroad.I quess i made sense to the op..by the way before you conclude that i am one of those naija that wont hesitate to leave naija with visit visa or one of those that ran away to abroad and are no where to be found...i worked as an Accountant with the Maritime in Nigeria for 12yrs and now living in Canada with my family as permanent resident and work with one of the richest Estate and property development company in Western Canada..i moved to Canada under the federal skilled workers program out of choice of getting tired with what naija offers in terms of living life and for the future of my kids..and i have enjoyed every bit of my decision so far.

sorry it Was a typo.

I meant best comment.

You said it all

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 6:19am On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Abidjan is cheaper than Ng by far
Ghana stuffs are expensive tho
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 14, 2017
Ugosample:

Abidjan is cheaper than Ng by far

Ghana stuffs are expensive tho

That's a big lie, Nigeria is cheaper than Abhijan, there's no point arguing on this

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ugosample(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

That's a big lie, Nigeria is cheaper than Abhijan, there's no point arguing on this

Pidgin

I've lived in Abidjan b4
And I have spent considerable time in GH too

So don't even go there.

Life over there is FAR better than it is there in Nig.

Nig just has more opportunities, that's all
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by gentleiphy: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Ugosample:

sorry it Was a typo.

I meant best comment.

You said it all

No worries boss.All the best!
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Depends on your taste and your quality of life, my fuel bill in Nigeria for one month I was there ran into N70k plus,you say that is not xpenssive? relative to expectant income in Nigeria?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2017
gentleiphy:
[b][/b]All the advice and contributions by everybody here as regards the OP's question whether to stay back in Nigeria or travel abroad are all valid point made.Being objective in some decisions seems the best way to tackle issues as well as being realistic.

For starters,no country in this world is the street littered with money money that as soon as you are born or arrived the country you start picking the coins and notes on the road...you have to work through your strengths,ability,ambition and mindset to achieve anything.With that said,in every country there are rich and poor,in Nigeria there are also rich and poor,graduates in any country also have to face competition to get jobs like Nigeria.In every country people have started jobs got fired and lose it from there,same in Nigeria.In every country you also need capital to start off a business so also is too in Nigeria and if you don't have capital you cant start..however some countries have stable economic environment to encourage business growth while some the harsh economic weather can stifle any intent of succeeding in business.

Now let me go to the question.Travelling abroad should not be seen as a do or die thing and also should not be seen as a route to the syndrome of Make-money-quick..if you intend to be in a legitimate job with a legal status..its easy to delve into the make-money quick in Nigeria than elsewhere because the system in Nigeria is based on anything goes..fake drugs goes,substandard materials goes and the rotten political systems and financial fraud.So many have personal reasons to relocate under [b]LEGAL[/b]means and not on a visit visa...some also have personal reasons to remain put in Nigeria and wade through the storm of hardship created by the politicians which by the way can in the near future end and things return back to normal.

someone here rightly said that so many in Diaspora are not better of because they have not built a house in Nigeria or have any investment in Nigeria...yes but measure of success mostly are not by how many houses you own,measure of success to so many is the quality of lifestyle you live with little or no money as compared to non quality lifestyle some live with plenty money..i will explain.

Some Nigerians left the country in search of better quality life for their family,kids and have access to the most commonest basic things being denied in Nigeria.Some have held big managerial positions in Nigeria but when the chips are down they are caught up in the web of confusion and hopelessness attached to Nigerian society.Some run away from Nigeria not because they dont have this money but because they seek for quick access to good and quality health care delivery system with or without money,some seek better security and protection of their lives,some seek easy access to clean portable drinking water and 24hrs electricity,some seek the freedom and respect as a human being first and foremost where rights are both for the poor and the rich and not only for the rich and where the legal system protects them whether rich or poor,some seek to relocate to better afford their kids a fast and assured future both in education which is quality and at a pace commensurate with their age.Most also sought for better job and at the same time enjoy all that i have mentioned above..nothing good also comes easy,you have to raise the bar to fit in to the new country you relocated to.The okonjo iwealas did not just get successful in the US,she worked hard for it and which she was to be in Nigeria she would been see as being made once she gets to Abuja politics..but US offered her the opportunity to become what she is today and mind you her kids have never lived in Nigeria.

Not undermining also the achievements made by so many Nigerians in Nigeria too and all that didn't come on a platter of Gold,hard work was also visible.But the difference is,the society and its perception about what quality life should be..Nigeria is zero and not looking like its going to ascend out from the zero mark anytime soon.Apart from the rich and the lucky middle class,can we say that everybody in Nigeria has the same access to same provisions of things that makes life easy?nope but in western world everybody both rich and poor have access to the most commonest things that makes life sweeter and better...in western world people may not be earning half of what an average Nigerian earns but are better in living life...simply put in western world both rich and poor are LIVING life while in Nigeria both rich and poor are merely EXISITING.. the difference in both[b] LIVING[/b] and EXISTING can put this way..the existing always run to the living for help and that clearly defines the abroad we talk about and the Nigeria we are comparing it with.

Finally,no place is as sweet as home,but sometimes the heat in the home will drive you outside to go receive the airconditon in another mans house and when you come back to your on house where you left you get surprised seeing the heat rashes(Poverty and stress) left in the body and faces of those in your home sweet home.Decision to relocate should not be based on what people abroad or people at home tells you...base your decision on what you actually want for yourself..is it money? or is better life or is it for the sake of running away from Nigeria...people work good jobs abroad..in US 99% of Nigerians are highly skilled and hold various top positions in their chosen profession and some destiny too kept them away from breaking through whether in abroad or back home...after all some in Nigeria started business before Dangote but some have parked up and return back to the village.But in all please do not relocate to any country without the legal way,do not run away to any country with visit visa...otherwise the sufferness you will meet wont be a nice story to write about..life is better abroad than Nigeria no matter how we explain it or try to use those that immigrated illegally and those not being fortunate to do the job they did back home which in anyway is tied to destiny...success is not by hardwork alone...success is favor from God first..to whom God chooses he bless.if you like run to jerusalem or remain in Nigeria what God decides about you is all that matters.

You could not have put it any better,OP stage don open.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 10:28am On Jul 14, 2017
jiangchu:

you need to be here to know. a PHD holder driving taxi in london is more honourable than a pHD holder applying as a trailer driver in dangote. come and stay in nigeria for 6 month. you will explode. business aint moving, even artisan can't get job cos construction is flat.
when all you do is consume
nobody thinks of production
enter farm
enter mine
manufacture

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
mikolo80:
when all you do is consume
nobody thinks of production
enter farm
enter mine
manufacture

who told you no one thinks about all that. you think everyone is as docile as you are. you what it takes to get nafdac approved number or to run business in this country with multiple taxation. do you think you can just plant tomatoes and take it to mile-12 and start selling. i guess you are in the corner of your room and never get engaged in the real world.

7 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ugosample:

Pidgin

I've lived in Abidjan b4
And I have spent considerable time in GH too

So don't even go there.

Life over there is FAR better than it is there in Nig.

Nig just has more opportunities, that's all

Isn't it cheaper to live in Nigeria? How come things cost a lot less in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
jiangchu:

who told you no one thinks about all that. you think everyone is as docile as you are. you what it takes to get nafdac approved number or to run business in this country with multiple taxation. do you think you can just plant tomatoes and take it to mile-12 and start selling. i guess you are in the corner of your room and never get engaged in the real world.

So far others are doing it then it's possible. Quit complaining let's learn how others are succeeding.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

So far others are doing it then it's possible. Quit complaining let's learn how others are succeeding.

BUHARI children graduated from foreign university same as saraki same as okorocha. there after they are fixed in CBN

that is how to succeed.

in what field do you play?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
jiangchu:

BUHARI children graduated from foreign university same as saraki same as okorocha. there after they are fixed in CBN

that is how to succeed.

in what field do you play?

I pity u
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
jiangchu:

my farm will be planted Next Week.
not everyone is an internet warrior
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

I pity u
Hahaha....
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
mikolo80:
my farm will be planted Next Week.
not everyone is an internet warrior

i also run a poultry are you really satisfied with it and the cost.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by frank2075: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
why is this forum so quite who is the moderator?
please give us a topic
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by jiangchu: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

I pity u

i weep for your generation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by mikolo80: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
jiangchu:

i also run a poultry are you really satisfied with it and the cost.
if you're not satisfied, do something about it
it's not by copying what doesn't work.
nobody gives a damn about your effort, just your usefulness to them. that's what you get paid for.
your poultry is not competitive cos farmers are abandoning manual maize and soya production which is expensive. fix the problem from the root and watch Nigeria blow. that's why I went into crop farming so I can save up for tractor and politics. mouth will not solve the problem on ground. imagine we're importing catfish poultry and Evey maize and beans now.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by chukadiho1(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2017
gentleiphy:

word
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by bareal(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2017
RELEASEUS:
Dont say what you dont know without making research. As civil Engineer in Qatar, I and many colleagues from Kenya, South Africa, Europeans, America, Sudan and many more are doing very well here. If you are a skilled professional then you have no problem at all. I never in my life thought I will buy a brand new 2016 ride delivered on flat bed truck while in Nigeria. Medical is 100% free here even if its heart operation. So forget Canada, Us and UK.some of them are runing to the middle east. More so tax is zero here. So bros abeg boon the western world.

Pls, can we talk maybe on whatsapp? I already PM you but in case you didn't get it, kindly, message me, I need your contact. Thanks
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
mctowel01:

Lol... life savings?? ... Lack of information is the problem. I spent less than 4kusd to become a permanent resident in Australia. Its all about opportunity man.

I quoted you earlier , and i dont know if you could be

of help , i dont want to see myself in this country (NIGERIA)

anymore come dec 2017/January 2018.

i really look forward to chatting with you on whatsapp on

the number on my signature.

HELP A BROTHER MAN.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
mctowel01:

Dont be ridiculous,..Nothing is free, even in freetown.. Dubai is a great place to visit... much more developed than Nigeria, calling it a hype is stupid.

Leave this guy bro , i once spoke like him ,

some 10 years ago when i just graduated .

seen it all now in Nigeri9a and i'm well

convinced that migrating to better countries

isnt a bad idea.

please do respond to my messages.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Topshow4real: 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
fbtowner:

I like your thinking faculty. Just like mine.

Take my case for example.

All my male cousins had gone to Dubai. And we are all Graduates oo. And we even have up to 2-3 hand work each Take me for example. Im a certified Mobile and computer Engineer both hard and software. And also an Integrated plumber both domestic and industrial, also a graduate of Economic

Same as all my cousin. We all had same hand work.

To be sincere with u. I have not for a once envy their life over there. They have been asking me to come.

So i started thinking. Leaving my business where im my own boss. Leaving all my professions and become a security guard in another mans land doesnt seems like an upgrade to me. Though im not very bouyant here. But i know future is bright.

Most people out there are not that making it Most of them engage in illegal activities. Dont ever be carried away with those sweet pictures and selfies they take in fine places. Dont be decieved

And if u have a Benin friend. It wont help matter. Those people dont believe they are human unless they travel out of naija.

Please watch and listen to this in close door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumZv3pmERA

I think it's better I work as a security guard in Dubai with better pay than depending on parents for months after nysc without hope of getting job soon...
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2017
Topshow4real:

I think it's better I work as a security guard in Dubai with better pay than depending on parents for months after nysc without hope of getting job soon...

The choice is yours bro. Getting a job in Dubai is like playing cards. Don't let agents lie to u.

My brothers over there said a lot of ppl come back to Nigeria because they couldn't secure a job till their tourist visa expired.

He also said a lot of ppl are coming there from all part of Africa even Philippines Indians Lebanese. The list is countless.

He also said the reason why getting a job as a Nigerian there is like playing card 50/50. Is because they believe we have very poor IT knowledge

This information above is not something u would hear from a travel agent.

So if u cant put ur self to good use here u can try ur luck there as well.

Good luck
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Pls, as a fellow Nigerian, ensure you have your working permit before leaving Nigeria for another country...

Pls and pls, the suffering ll be too much to bear if you don't have papers

If anybody advise you against what i wrote here, that person is your enemy on earth and in heaven

Coming to western world without papers is like living in Nigeria without primary school certificate, no vocational skills, no eyes, no legs etc

Without papers, you ll be forced to do Drugs which might land you in prison for the next 10years...

Pls, stay back home or get a working permit.

You are welcome anytime to western world with your working permit but without it, your blood brother ll become your enemy in few weeks after your arrival
I am Interested in knowing how a young person from Nigeria a fresh graduate at that can get work permit b4 coming to the UK!
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2017
fbtowner:

The choice is yours bro. Getting a job in Dubai is like playing cards. Don't let agents lie to u.

My brothers over there said a lot of ppl come back to Nigeria because they couldn't secure a job till their tourist visa expired.

He also said a lot of ppl are coming there from all part of Africa even Philippines Indians Lebanese. The list is countless.

He also said the reason why getting a job as a Nigerian there is like playing card 50/50. Is because they believe we have very poor IT knowledge

This information above is not something u would hear from a travel agent.

So if u cant put ur self to good use here u can try ur luck there as well.

Good luck
They wont hear,I have been in that country countless numbers of time, the vast majority of 9ja guys are agents who source for supply and shipment. Its a harsh environment to work.There was a Job opening for security you need to see the multitude that came for just 10 positions.
This is when I thank God me and the family where on vacation.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Goldenboy007(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2017
Op - No pain no gain ....most of us want life handed to us on a platter of gold. Who says traveling out for greener pasture isn't good? Develop a purpose and a plan, then execute it diligently. Where there is a will there is a way. If you have a defeatist attitude even living in Nigeria would be a nightmare. No place is paradise except after death but trust me there are places easier to live than others.
Remember an adage says - He who hasn't been to other people's farm would say his father's farm is the biggest. My brother , until when you live in other parts of the world then you realize you are currently living in hell.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / Dangote Truck Kills 10 On Abuja Road After Colliding With Bus (Graphic Photos) / Amazing Pics: The Best 1st Class Airline Seats In The World Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.