Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37265 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by vanbonattel: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
mikolo80:
what result. 20 billion dollar loot
8 billion for renting Jet
just 1 woman under PDP o
there were 42 others like her besides 36 governors over 1500 legislOOtors 774 caretaker chairmen and 8000 PAs
goodness knows how many board members judges ambassadors contractors.
don't even mention rapacious civil servants
SMH for you

And yet nobody has been imprisoned for all these crime? What a fantastically corrupt government run by APC. They are just incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Haba bross, you dey ask this question Seriously? I refuse to believe you live i n the UK I do angry angry angry

Why? I live in UK, Gravesend to be precise
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

where the picture?

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by arena07: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Exactly!fixed.
I must confess u are 100% real
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=Lloydfolarin post=58292979][/quote]
I thought you said Nigerians?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Why? I live in UK, Gravesend to be precise
Gravesend is way way far frm me, thats Kent, I did contract Work in Gillingham,margates and Ramsgate back in the days, nowadays I live in Hornsey so kent is way far frm me. smiley
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
arena07:
I must confess u are 100% real
Thank you,I say it as it is, I dont have time to sugercoat shyte, the way I see it there are two groups of people here, Those who came to make things happen and those who watch things happen, one has to chose sides.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

No problem U seem to 4get real soon, as a matter of fact too soon,you think its everyone who has a father who can send them to school in the Uk and pay whole fees.

what will happen very soon?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

what will happen very soon?
where did I say something will happen very soon? angry angry
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Gravesend is way way far frm me, thats Kent, I did contract Work in Gillingham,margates and Ramsgate back in the days, nowadays I live in Hornsey so kent is way far frm me. smiley

That's North London i presumed
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Thank you,I say it as it is, I dont have time to sugercoat shyte, the way I see it there are two groups of people here, Those who came to make things happen and those who watch things happen, one has to chose sides.

No you don't come here to tell people the truth, only telling them about illegal stuff.

If you come to the uk with 6 months visiting visa at the end of that 6 months you are an illegal immigration simply.

Can't work, rent a house or marry even when your visa is still valid.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

That's North London i presumed

Yep thats the one, right next to crouch End
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

No you don't come here to tell people the truth, only telling them about illegal stuff.

If come to the uk with 6 months visiting visa at the end of that 6 months you are an illegal immigration simply.

This OP never asked about living abroad Illegally I dont know where living illegally hijacked the original question,I hate it when people come here to form holy holy, let me ask you this question, when you applied for your own student visa to sturdy here did you not fill in the FORM that you will return to Nigeria when you finished?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

This OP never asked about living abroad Illegally I dont know where living illegally hijacked the original question,I hate it when people come here to form holy holy, let me ask you this question, when you applied for your own student visa to sturdy here did you not fill in the FORM that you will return to Nigeria when you finished?

You are so clueless, you haven't seen student form before because there is no such question in the form.

Yes the op did not ask about living illegally but you brought that up and was talking as if its normal way of life here.

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by tripoli007(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
Bros Naija na survival of the fittest,like this ohh.. I just don't support travelling to asia .. Like this man dey do one or two runs online ,single women dey everywhere .. But me dey move enter Europe soon,with badoo ,tinder and the likes .. I go meet woman wey go love up and we go marry..I go get kpali .. Secure life of my unborn children 1st ..
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

You are so clueless, you haven't seen student form before because there is no such question in the form.

Yes the op did not ask about living illegally but you brought that you and was talking as if its normal way of life here.
yes they did, the forms you fill back in the days had that question,You have forgotten erico2k2 quite alright check your post from 2009,Them forms when people like you and me where studying had them.I had mine filled in the year 2000 I was asked that and I know my answer and I believe You remember your own answer,calling me clueless is pure disrespectful as usual on NL when people cant bring their arguments 4ward they result in name callings and slime statement

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

yes they did, the forms you fill back in the days had that question,You have forgotten erico2k2 quite alright check your post from 2009,Them forms when people like you and me where studying had them.I had mine filled in the year 2000 I was asked that and I know my answer and I believe You remember your ow n answer,calling me clueless is pure disrespectful as usual on NL when people cant bring their arguments 4ward they result in name callings and slime statement

That is only you own form because there is no such question in my form and i did not attend any interview.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Lloydfolarin: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Yep thats the one, right next to crouch End

Lol!!! I usually pass through that your area to Haringey or Haringley
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

That is only you own form because there is no such question in my form and i did not attend any interview.
Dont worry how I wish I can get hold of pataki,Vicjustice and Londoncool dem frm back in the days anyway, Im sure the young man can make his mind up with relevant info, I dnt want to disrespect him by turning his thread into something else.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Lol!!! I usually pass through that your area to Haringey or Haringley
Its haringey
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by saintandsinnerz: 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

If come to the uk with 6 months visiting visa at the end of that 6 months you are an illegal immigration simply.

So if I come to the UK with a six months visa and fall in love with a Briton and she birth my child, they will deport me irrespective of having a child with a Briton? Just needs to be educated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

So if I come to the UK with a six months visa and fall in love with a Briton and she birth my child, they will deport me irrespective of having a child with a Briton? Just needs to be educated

Yes and many have faced such cases, you will be told to return back to Nigeria to get married to her then apply for spouse visa to renter.

Having a baby with a British citizen doesn't give one a right to stay in the UK when you have abused your visa, a woman in similar situation will have a different case because of the child
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by claremont(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Homeless where?
I k now people who do general labour on sites and they earn £8o daily Cash in hand,U can do the maths
You can feed yourself with £70 a month depends on what you want,your overhead can be £500 depends on how you wanna live.You can save £1000 monthly unskilled if you plan well.
Laast year November December, £ was N610, I know guys who took loans frm thier banks here to buy loads of properties in Nigeria.

The life of an illegal immigrant is not a life. A grown man, well-educated in Nigeria, spending time as a labourer, whilst at the same time looking over his shoulder for UKBA isn't a life I would recommend to my fellow Nigerians. I understand that some people do it because they lack options back in Nigeria, but I wouldn't suggest such a lifestyle to a Nigerian looking to leave Nigeria. My conscience wouldn't let me. I would encourage and support people to migrate legally via studies, marriage etc, but I would always be against illegal migration.

5 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Dont worry how I wish I can get hold of pataki,Vicjustice and Londoncool dem frm back in the days anyway, Im sure the young man can make his mind up with relevant info, I dnt want to disrespect him by turning his thread into something else.

I doubt any of them will encourage illegal activities the way you did here today.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

I doubt any of them will encourage illegal activities the way you did here today.
check back 2007 those people who got visiting visa and never went back they are here still, even you sort advice frm them ones too
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
claremont:

The life of an illegal immigrant is not a life. A grown man, well-educated in Nigeria, spending time as a labourer, whilst at the same time looking over his shoulder for UKBA isn't a life I would recommend to my fellow Nigerians. I understand that some people do it because they lack options back in Nigeria, but I wouldn't suggest such a lifestyle to a Nigerian looking to leave Nigeria. My conscience wouldn't let me. I would encourage and support people to migrate legally via studies, marriage etc, but I would always be against illegal migration.
NO one encouraged Illegal migration, and can I ask you whatt you mean by illegal migration?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

check back 2007 those people who got visiting visa and never went back they are here still, even you sort advice frm them ones too

I joined nairaland in 2009 and i never advise anybody to stay back illegally in the UK since i joined this forum.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by claremont(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

NO one encouraged Illegal migration, and can I ask you whatt you mean by illegal migration?

That's exactly what you have been promoting all through this thread. I have read all your comments and they seem to differ from that of the majority of Nigerians living legally in the diaspora, most of whom are citizens of the countries they live in. Illegal migration, in the context of this thread, means not adhering to the terms of your visa i.e. working whilst on visit visa, or living in UK whilst on an expired visa. I know people who do it and I know that these people do not have options back in Nigeria, BUT it's not a practice I would recommend to anyone looking to migrate from Nigeria. Simple. Just because you know people this has worked for doesn't mean it should be encouraged.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

Yes and many have faced such cases, you will be told to return back to Nigeria to get married to her then apply for spouse visa to renter.

Having a baby with a British citizen doesn't give one a right to stay in the UK when you have abused your visa, a woman in similar situation will have a different case because of the child

This is not true, check recent citations, there are cases where the father was granted the right to a family life these people where given Discretionary leave to remain.there are loads of cases like that.back then it was 6 years now 2.5x4.Its a case by case situation, there is not one flat rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
claremont:

That's exactly what you have been promoting all through this thread. I have read all your comments and they seem to differ from that of the majority of Nigerians living legally in the diaspora, most of whom are citizens of the countries they live in. Illegal migration, in the context of this thread, means not adhering to the terms of your visa i.e. working whilst on visit visa, or living in UK whilst on an expired visa. I know people who do it and I know that these people do not have options back in Nigeria, BUT it's not a practice I would recommend to anyone looking to migrate from Nigeria. Simple. Just because you know people this has worked for doesn't mean it should be encouraged.
Thank you very much, plz point me to where I said or encourage migrating to the Uk illegally?
2nd,among all of us sampling British passport on this thread I bet you any money %60 if not more would have fall under your definition of illegal immigrant at any one time and this is fact no matter how it is twisted. angry angry
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
justwise:

I joined nairaland in 2009 and i never advise anybody to stay back illegally in the UK since i joined this forum.
I joined nairaland 2007 and see what people where asking about and no one was sidelining nobody in the good old days if not for data loss you would have seen the old post from 2006
but you never advised anyone to go back after thier 6 months expired as well
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Beautyaddy: 12:22am On Jul 10, 2017
You're right. Maybe it wasn't a wise idea for the Europeans to have slaughtered them but at that time to the Europeans it was a desperate need to accomplish their long term goal for industrialization and civilization.

The irony of it all is that the so called Native Americans and Aboriginals that did survive are now enjoying the attention and resources from being called the First World Countries. Go visit their embassies in most countries and see the endless long lines of people desperately trying to visit or even be residents in these First World Countries.

mmsen:

Are the American and Aboriginal populations better off having been slaughtered because of the cowardice of the poor European populace?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki / My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.