Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Saint Benard's Family - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Saint Benard's Family (2601 Views)

Pure Breed St Benard Puppies Available For New Homes In Jos / 4females Saint Benard Pups For Sale...massive Type / St Benard Pups For Sale....parents Pix Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2017
We are saints..... What about you?
My love for this breed increases everyday. Everything about them is just too perfect..... Temperament, beauty, health, adaptation,security, trainability etc.

3 Likes

Re: The Saint Benard's Family by torres89: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2017
tobolos:
We are saints..... What about you?
My love for this breed increases everyday. Everything about them is just too perfect..... Temperament, beauty, health, adaptation,security, trainability etc.

lovely

how much did you get them please ?
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by VivJohn: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2017
So beautiful.. The first pic is infinitely adorable. I love St. Bs. But from ur experience, do they make reliable guard dogs when compared to gsds, rotts, Boerboels and Caucasian ovtcharka?
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by 14teenK: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2017
Superb bro
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2017
VivJohn:
So beautiful.. The first pic is infinitely adorable. I love St. Bs. But from ur experience, do they make reliable guard dogs when compared to gsds, rotts, Boerboels and Caucasian ovtcharka?

They are very sensitive to their environment and they are good at creating awareness of any looming danger. They can be easily trained to acquire other skills.
Another reason I love them is the way they bond with my other dogs. They don't contest the "alpha race". They love to play with other dogs by jumping on them. Smaller breeds always shy away from their rough play though.
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2017
torres89:

lovely

how much did you get them please ?

Bought one at puppy age and other as an adult. You can get a good pup at 200k.
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by Coyotejack(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
I personally think they are passive dogs ,when compared. To mastiffs for me I'll take a Mastiff any day . I like what I like
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by VivJohn: 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
tobolos:

They are very sensitive to their environment and they are good at creating awareness of any looming danger. They can be easily trained to acquire other skills.
Another reason I love them is the way they bond with my other dogs. They don't contest the "alpha race". They love to play with other dogs by jumping on them. Smaller breeds always shy away from their rough play though.

Oh! I see.. Thanks for the info. You know what they say "experience is the best teacher".
I'm aware of two breeders in Jos who do St. Bs namely Bsquarekennels and PSK too.
To be candid, I've perpetually held myself back from acquiring this awesome breed owing to my greatest concern i.e. avoiding undesirable crossbreeding between my pack of Caucasian shepherds and the St. B.
Heat periods can be quite tricky and if u aren't on top of your game such "disasters" may occur.
How have u been able to address this phenomenon?
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by Perciel: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lovely dogs, look well fed. Could you however put more attention to grooming and their coats. They have such lovely colours white, brown which is a sight when washed, brushed and properly groomed, nice job so far, let the coats shine, smoothen the rough edges and try for an even tone. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
Perciel:
Lovely dogs, look well fed. Could you however put more attention to grooming and their coats. They have such lovely colours white, brown which is a sight when washed, brushed and properly groomed, nice job so far, let the coats shine, smoothen the rough edges and try for an even tone. smiley

Thanks bro.
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
VivJohn:

Oh! I see.. Thanks for the info. You know what they say "experience is the best teacher".
I'm aware of two breeders in Jos who do St. Bs namely Bsquarekennels and PSK too.
To be candid, I've perpetually held myself back from acquiring this awesome breed owing to my greatest concern i.e. avoiding undesirable crossbreeding between my pack of Caucasian shepherds and the St. B.
Heat periods can be quite tricky and if u aren't on top of your game such "disasters" may occur.
How have u been able to address this phenomenon?

I got one of them through Bsquared. Crossbreeding St Bernard and Caucasian is not a bad one. The outcome is a recognized breed known as MWD(Moscow Watch Dog).
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by VivJohn: 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
tobolos:

I got one of them through Bsquared. Crossbreeding St Bernard and Caucasian is not a bad one. The outcome is a recognized breed known as MWD(Moscow Watch Dog).

Hmmm.. Crossing two breeds (A & B respectively) who are the principal contributors to another breed (C) does not automatically create a puppy conformant to breed C's technical specifications.
This was a topic of much heated debate in a Caucasian whatsapp group I belong to. I think the science of breed creation goes beyond just mating separate breeds in the hopes of creating a new one. There are DNA profiling, genotypic and phenotypic considerations etc.
What gender are your saints?
I just groomed my Caucasian shepherds this weekend, 3 dogs @ a combined price of 9k (3k per dog).
But the groomer does an excellent job though.

3 Likes

Re: The Saint Benard's Family by Perciel: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2017
Nice to hear VivJohn, care of dogs goes beyond feeding and abode, grooming is an essential part. Have a dog that can be cuddled not one that's grin... U know....

Could you share pics of your dogs, would love to see them, side and front views smiley

1 Like

Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 6:20am On Aug 21, 2017
VivJohn:

We would to see your Caucasians.

Hmmm.. Crossing two breeds (A & B respectively) who are the principal contributors to another breed (C) does not automatically create a puppy conformant to breed C's technical specifications.
This was a topic of much heated debate in a Caucasian whatsapp group I belong to. I think the science of breed creation goes beyond just mating separate breeds in the hopes of creating a new one. There are DNA profiling, genotypic and phenotypic considerations etc.
What gender are your saints?
I just groomed my Caucasian shepherds this weekend, 3 dogs @ a combined price of 9k (3k per dog).
But the groomer does an excellent job though.
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by thecrush: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
I need a Saint Bernad pup as soon as possible!
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
thecrush:
I need a Saint Bernad pup as soon as possible!
Contact me on 08096434211
Re: The Saint Benard's Family by tobolos(m): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
Contact/whapsapp us on 08096434211for Saint bernard stud service.

(1) (Reply)

Flora My Flawa: The Twilight Of A German Shepherd (GSD) / Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs / German Shepherd Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.