Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:26 PM

Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album (502 Views)

44 Policemen On Election Duty Involved In Auto Crash in Abuja / How To Get An Extended Version Of Kasperaky Secure Connection? / Accident Caused By Police Collecting Bribe In Onitsha Cause Death Of 4(Pics,Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2017
"Already ahead of your end, in the foreign bumping Fela, feel me?" Jay-Z rapped in new song 'We family'.

Less than a week after he released his 13th studio album "4:44," JAY-Z released three bonus tracks to the platinum-selling album.

One of the tracks, 'We Family' which featured Hov and Beyonce’s daughter Blue Ivy, he references Benin, Lagos, Fela and drops in a mysterious ‘Dapo’ in there.

See the lyrics below:

"‘I got bloodlines in Benin, that explains the voodoo’

Already ahead of your end, in the foreign bumping Fela, feel me?

Lagos, all the barrios ’round me, feel me?"

Colombian ties, shout out to Dapo!"

Jay-Z and Beyonce's affinity for Africa and Yoruba culture has become more evident in recent years, with Beyonce’s Lemonade album containing elements regarded by many as a tribute to the Yoruba goddess Osun.

Beyonce have recorded a full-length album based on the Nigerian’s material. Her recent African-themed baby shower also had Fela’s music as part of it’s soundtrack.

“We did a whole Fela album that didn’t go up,” Producer The-Dream wrote, in an entry for Beyoncé song End of Time on lyric annotation site Genius. “It was right before we did [album] “4.” We did a whole different sounding thing – about 20 songs. She said she wanted to do something that sounds like Fela"

Less than a week after its release, Jay-Z's critically acclaimed new album "4:44" has already been certified platinum, according to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

The rapper released his new album – his first since 2013's Magna Carta Holy Grail – exclusively to his streaming service, Tidal, June 30, 2017.

RIAA tweeted the news with a picture of Jay and the company's chairman and CEO Cary Sherman standing beside the platinum plaque for the album.

http://www.pulse.ng/buzz/jay-z-rapper-mentions-fela-benin-lagos-on-extended-version-of-4-44-album-id6962176.html
Re: Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2017
And the Binis have never made it about themselves nor engaged in any tribal tug of war.
it's pains me that some people think that every matter in Nigeria is always about them like there re no other tribes in Nigeria.
Re: Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album by CaptainGOOD: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2017
Booker T is a wrestler wink-
Re: Rapper Mentions Fela, Benin, Lagos On Extended Version Of "4:44" Album by ultimateballer: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Legendary

(1) (Reply)

5 Ondo College Of Education Students Arrested For Gang-raping Female Colleague. / The Rich And The Poor! / Face Of The Rationals Blog: Clash Of The Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.