Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,914 members, 7,799,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? (1171 Views)

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by Gofwane(m): 11:31am On Jul 09, 2017
I always try to understand the reasons for fasting. But till now, I've not gotten a reasonable answer.

I discovered that many people are just fasting without any tangible reason. I've asked many people their reasons for fasting and what it means to God. They just keep telling me that they are fasting because they want GOd to know how serious they desire that thing they asking of him.

That to me, does not make any sense! What does it take for God to answer prayers without demanding people to fast? I thought it is said that God knows the desire of our hearts.
Does it mean that people who do not fast are not serious about what they need?
Or is it that some prayer request are more critical than others?

Is it that prayer requests are in different categories, each demanding a particular method of praying, depending on the issue at hand?

Please, I need answers
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by judedwriter(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Gofwane:
I always try to understand the reasons for fasting. But till now, I've not gotten a reasonable answer.

I discovered that many people are just fasting without any tangible reason. I've asked many people their reasons for fasting and what it means to God. They just keep telling me that they are fasting because they want GOd to know how serious they desire that thing they asking of him.

That to me, does not make any sense! What does it take for God to answer prayers without demanding people to fast? I thought it is said that God knows the desire of our hearts.

Is it that prayer requests are in different categories, each demanding a particular method of praying, depending on the issue at hand?

Please, I need answers
We fast mainly to humble ourselves before God and to have a powerful influence over the spiritual realm.
Jesus didn't say if you fast, but when you fast, making fasting not an option for true believers.

Fasting boosts prayers to miraculous levels. You see there are certain situations that prayer alone can't resolve. Why? Because there are levels of power and authority in the spiritual realm which only Prayer can't suffice.

This is why we add fasting to prayers, to make our prayers more powerful in the spiritual realm.

Can i tell you the raw truth? Many of us are stagnant today because we refuse to fast and pray. Some difficult situations won't yield to just prayers alone;you need to fast to dislodge the high ranking principalities resisting you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
Fasting is a form of spiritual offering, just like praise, thanksgiving, etc - they come in many forms. You get more focused on whatever you are praying for when you decide to fast.

In my opinion.

What I find most fascinating is how some spiritual principles work. Like the fact that Jesus often woke up before sunlight to go to a secluded place to PRAY!! JESUS!! God with us, the son of God, needed to pray! He's the guy that demons saw and started asking if He had come to torment them before the appointed time!

It has to do with the fact that the earth is ruled by powers of darkness. And some things will take more effort to get a breakthrough. Read the story of Daniel who did a partial kind of Fasting and the Angel responds about what happened when he started the fast in Daniel 10 from verse 2. Daniel calls it mourning. So fasting is like mourning before God concerning situations prevailing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Fasting as it has been in ancient times helps to raise your spirit level ... then, fasting isn't done to ask anything... and it wasn't like the whole Christian cabashing and starving(majority) we see today.. fasting then was to feed your soul.. it necessarily didn't mean you would starve yourself to death.. and then, you don't fast and go on with your daily activities.. at least you're not supposed to
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by oaroloye(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2017
SHALOM!

Gofwane:

Thank you for raising this Topic.

Your English is unfortunately below standard, distorting your message.

The general gist of what you are trying to say is clear enough, but you need a better command of the language. However, writing like this in a public forum is good experience, and you should improve with time.

Have you really always tried to understand Fasting?

Why? Are you a Christian? Of which Church? Are you of some other Religion?

What do you mean by "FASTING?"

FASTING is the complete abstention from nutrients of all sorts.

Many people meddling with Fasting to not know that, and think that Fasting is something else. They get wrong results, because they were doing something other than Fasting.

"THIRSTING," going without sufficient, or any WATER is not FASTING, nor any part of FASTING. Thirsting can amplify the effects of Fasting, and enable one to attain one's goals faster, but it is dangerous, and responsible for most of the fatalities in Fasting.

Most people alive today know little or nothing about Fasting.

People can survive Starvation to the point of Death, and yet know nothing at all about Fasting.

People ignorant of what Fasting really is think that MUSLIMS Fast thirty days in a year. Most Muslims know absolutely NOTHING about FASTING: I don't care how many "RAMADAN'S" they have under their belts!

For the edification of hose who do not know: One of the so-called "FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM" is to abstain from all food, drink, and swallowing anything, for THIRTY DAYS, during the first month, RAMADAN.

This is NOT a "FAST," because they eat and drink whatever they like during the THIRTY NIGHTS of RAMADAN! A person could Fast their whole life like that! Why not do so, then?

That Muslims "Fast" for just the thirty days they are required to tells me that they must not really LOVE their god, and merely for what they are forced to do. If you find any Muslim who is significantly more Spiritual than the average, I guarantee you, that that man "Fasts" outside the regulated period, and, not only does that, but doesn't tell anyone that he is doing so!

. MATTHEW 6:16-18.

16. "Moreover when ye Fast,
be not, as the Hypocrites,
of a sad countenance:
for they disfigure their faces,
that they may appear
unto men to Fast.
Verily I say unto you,

'THEY HAVE THEIR REWARD.'

17. "But thou, when thou Fastest,
anoint thine head,
and wash thy face;
18. "That thou appear not
unto men to Fast,
but unto thy Father
Which is in Secret:
and thy Father,
Which seeth in Secret,
shall Reward thee openly."

WHEN YOU ARE FASTING FOR SPIRITUAL REASONS, IT IS OF CRUCIAL IMPORTANCE TO YOU THAT NO ONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT IT!

Some intrinsic Spiritual benefits of Fasting cannot be lost, just because people know that you are Fasting, but THERE WILL BE NO DIVINE REWARD from such a Fast.

Last year, a greatly acclaimed Spiritual man in South Africa, one ALFRED NDLOVU, died while on a long Fast. His Enemies claimed that he was Fasting "TO BEAT JESUS CHRIST'S RECORD!"

Given the data of the report, I highly doubt that. No Christian of his type tries to "beat Jesus" at anything. I suspected murder. I still do.

He must have been Fasting, because if he hadn't been, that would have been the first thing the autopsy and his friends would have determined.

I believe it was murder, because of the way the story was published.

It could have been natural causes, but I believe that a man of his experience would have known to avoid them. This was not his first rodeo.

I have Fasted longer than a week only four times in my life, and screwed up after my last long Fast of 32 days, in 2015, and damaged my body by eating the wrong foods after breaking the Fast, so that, eight months later, I nearly died, and needed hospitalization.

This happened because I did not Fast Spiritually. I did not Pray for ANYTHING during my Fast. I allowed people to know that I was Fasting, even doing a YouTube Video, because I wanted people to know that it is possible, and that one can Fast for prolonged periods without harm.

I demonstrated that, even four weeks without eating, I was still physically strong enough to fetch water to my workplace every day it was needed. (I was not allowed to go on leave, during my Fasts; it was a Departmental Thing, denying us leave. A Unit Head suffering Diabetes died, after years of hard work with insufficient leave time.)

However, I failed to appreciate that, once you have depleted the body's resources by long Fasting, you must be VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT BACK INTO IT. I took a variety of things I knew better than to take- Chemicals and Foods, alike, so it is no wonder that I damaged my Health.

Before Fasting, STUDY THE EXPERT ADVICE on Fasting!

[See: ATOMIC POWER WITH GOD THRU PRAYER AND FASTING, by Franklin Hall.
THE MIRACLE OF FASTING, by Paul & Patricia Bragg.]

Most Medical Doctors know little or nothing about FASTING.

They are not taught it in MEDICAL SCHOOL.

Any Doctor applying Fasting to their practice IS RISKING THEIR LICENSE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE. FASTING ALONE CURES ABOUT 95% OF AILMENTS AND CONDITIONS.

I went 30 years without taking medications, because, should I fall sick, a three-day maximum Fast would cure me, without any drugs, (NOR PRAYERS). A THREE-DAY FAST would IMMUNIZE me against anything up to MALARIA for at least a month. A TEN-DAY Fast immunized for months.

If FASTING were widely-known and practiced, OYINBO MEDICINE WOULD SUFFER MASSIVE LOSS OF REVENUE. It is heavily dependent on THE SALE OF DRUGS.

Italian Doctor TULLIO SIMONCINI discovered that treating TERMINALLY-ILL Cancer patients with SODIUM BICARBONATE cured them! He presented his findings to the Medical Establishment- and they revoked his license, immediately!

On grounds that he used an "UNAUTHORISED THERAPY."

SODIUM BICARBONATE, he explained, the active ingredient of BAKING SODA and BAKING POWDER (which are NOT the same thing taking BAKING POWDER can KILL you!) is NATURAL, and CANNOT BE PATENTED. Therefore, the Medical Establishment would not allow its Doctors to prescribe it, because it would bring them no profits.

FASTING falls into the category of things that the Medical Establishment does not want its Doctors using. THEY DON'T CARE THAT THEY SAVE LIVES.

Doctors are less to blame than the layman might immediately think.

They may be more than halfway through Medical School, before they learn The Facts of Life: that they are OYINBO SLAVES, and their FIRST JOB is to SELL TREATMENTS AND PROTECT THE BUSINESS. Any Doctor after the Oyinbo System has THREE JOBS: their SECOND Job is to SELL TREATMENTS AND PROTECT THE BUSINESS. Their THIRD Job is to SELL TREATMENTS AND PROTECT THE BUSINESS.

SAVING LIVES is NOT their Job- it is an irksome task that gets in the way of their REAL JOB- so the poor Doctors have to PRETEND that that is their Job, otherwise... the Laymen might replace them with something RELIABLE.

Like FASTING AND Prayer.

L. RON HUBBARD'S SCIENTOLOGY explains how THE SECRET WORKS of THE GOSPEL work.

If we all exist on EIGHT DYNAMIC LEVELS....

. THE EIGHT DYNAMICS.

1. SELF; 2. FAMILY; 3. GROUPS; 4. ALL MANKIND; 5. ALL LIVING THINGS; 6. THE MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, Time - i.e. PHYSICAL) UNIVERSE; 7. SPIRITS; 8. GOD.

[See: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

And if LIFE is all about MOTION...

. DIANETICS AXIOMS. . L. Ron Hubbard

1. The Source of Life is a static
[A LIFE STATIC has no size, no shape, no mass, no temperature, no frequency, nor any other physical property.]
of peculiar and particular properties.
2. At least a portion of the static called life
is impinged upon the Physical Universe.
3. That portion of the Static of Life
which is impinged upon the Physical Universe
has for its Dynamic Goal SURVIVAL and ONLY Survival.
4. The Physical Universe is reducible to motion of energy
operating in Space through Time.
5. That portion of the Static of Life concerned
with the Life Organisms of the Physical Universe
is concerned WHOLLY with MOTION.

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: THE BOOK OF BASICS, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

THEN all ACTIONS are COMMUNICATIONS which elicit a RESPONSE, according to THE THIRD LAW OF MOTION.

. THE THREE LAWS OF MOTION Sir Isaac Newton

1. All objects continue in a state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless acted upon by unbalanced external forces.
2. The rate of change of momentum is directly proportional to the force applied.
3. Action and Reaction are equal and opposite.

The completion of Communication is therefore called a COMM CYCLE.

[See: DIANETICS '55, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

RELIGION is a COMM CYCLE where GODS communicate with WORSHIPPERS, and WORSHIPPERS RESPOND, then the GODS respond, and the WORSHIPPERS respond... "World-without-End," etcetera, ad infinitum.

If the "SECRET WORKS" are not secret, the RESPONSE-REWARD has to come from whosoever knows about those works.

Therefore, most Fasting does NOT reach GOD- because the Fasters didn't DO it for GOD, but to be SEEN BY MEN.

. ISAIAH 58:1-14.

”CRY ALOUD,
spare not,
lift up thy voice like a trumpet,
and shew my people their Transgression,
and the House of Jacob their Sins.
2. Yet they seek me daily,
and delight to know My Ways,
as a nation that did Righteousness,
and forsook not the Ordinance of their God:
they ask of Me the Ordinances of Justice;
they take delight in approaching to God.

3. 'WHEREFORE HAVE WE FASTED,'

say they,

'AND THOU SEEST NOT?
WHEREFORE HAVE WE AFFLICTED OUR SOUL,
AND THOU TAKEST NO KNOWLEDGE?'

Behold, in the day of your Fast
ye find pleasure,
and exact all your labours.
4. “Behold, ye fast for strife and debate,
and to smite with the Fist of Wickedness:
ye shall not Fast as ye do this day,
to make your voice to be heard on high.
5. “Is it such a Fast that I have chosen?
A day for a man to afflict his soul?
Is it to bow down his head as a bulrush,
and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him?
Wilt thou call this a Fast,
and an Acceptable Day to The LORD?
6. "Is not this the Fast that I have chosen?
To loose the Bands of Wickedness,
to undo the Heavy Burdens,
and to let the Oppressed go Free,
and that ye Break every Yoke?
7. "Is it not to deal thy Bread to the Hungry,
and that thou bring the Poor that are Cast Out to thy house?
When thou seest the Naked,
that thou Cover him;
and that thou hide not thyself
from thine own flesh?
8. "Then shall thy light break forth as the morning,
and thine Health shall spring forth speedily:
and thy Righteousness shall go before thee;
The Glory of The LORD shall be thy rereward.
9. "Then shalt thou Call,
and The LORD shall answer;
thou shalt Cry,
and He shall Say,

"HERE I AM."

If thou take away from the midst of thee the Yoke,
the putting forth of the finger,
and speaking vanity;
10. "And if thou draw out thy soul to the Hungry,
and satisfy the afflicted soul;
then shall thy light rise in Obscurity,
and thy Darkness be as the noon day:
11. "And The LORD shall guide thee continually,
and satisfy thy soul in drought,
and make fat thy bones:
and thou shalt be like a watered garden,
and like a spring of water,
whose waters fail not.
12. “And they that shall be of thee
shall build the old waste places:
thou shalt raise up
the foundations of many generations;
and thou shalt be called,

'THE REPAIRER OF THE BREACH,
THE RESTORER OF PATHS TO DWELL IN.' “

13. “If thou turn away thy foot from The Sabbath,
from doing thy pleasure on my holy day;
and call the Sabbath a Delight,
the Holy of The LORD, Honourable;
and shalt Honour Him,
not doing thine own ways,
nor finding thine own pleasure,
nor speaking thine own Words:
14. “Then shalt thou Delight thyself in The LORD;
and I will cause thee
to ride upon the High Places of the Earth,
and feed thee with the Heritage of Jacob thy father:
for The Mouth of The LORD hath spoken it.”

They have no idea how FASTING Works.

The reason for this is that Protestant Christianity has been infiltrated by Enemy Agents and Assets from Layman to Leadership Level.

These spread lies and disinformation concerning Fasting, so that most Christians have no idea what Fasting actually does, how to use it, and how it works.

According to NAGUALISM- the lore of the Native American Mystics- Herbalist Sorcerers and ShapeShifting Seers, the Mortal Mind is located in a specific location in the Soul Body, called the "Assemblage Point." This position indicates how the Mind is using the abilities of the Soul.

In "normal,"that is, SPIRITUALLY-IGNORANT people, the Assemblage Point is located on the right surface of the luminous egg-shape the is the Soul Body.

In Spiritually-Active people, the Assemblage Point is displaced toward the core of the Soul Body, indicating that the Mind is fixated on Spiritual Things not "directly" associated with the things a "Normal" person can perceive, understand and know. If the Assemblage Point is displaced upward from the "normal" position, that means that the person understands better than "normal."

The primary SKILL a Spiritual Warrior seeks is to be able to move their Assemblage Point to wherever it is needed.

The skill of the NAGUAL is the ability to move the Assemblage point of their Apprentice Subordinate Warriors to wherever he needs it to go, in order to impart Knowledge they will need to attain "Graduation" from their Apprenticeship.

When he has imparted whatever Knowledge s necessary, the Assemblage Point goes back to its "Normal" position.

It is not possible to remember what that Knowledge was, without the Assemblage Point going back to that position again.

The Disciplines taught while the Assemblage Point is in its "normal" position are aimed at enabling the Apprentice to access their displaced Assemblage Points at will.

What this has to do with FASTING is that the THOUGHTS AND HABITS of the "NORMAL" MIND ANCHOR THE ASSEMBLAGE POINT, AND THEREFORE THE MIND, IN "NORMALCY."

. 1st CORINTHIANS 2:14.

14. But the Natural Man receiveth not
The Things of the Spirit of God:
for they are Foolishness unto him:
neither can he Know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.

IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND SPIRITUAL THINGS, THE ASSEMBLAGE POINT HAS TO MOVE FROM ITS "NORMAL" POSITION."

Therefore, the "NAILS" must be REMOVED: the THOUGHTS AND HABITS of the Mind that keep it in "normalcy" must be terminated.

THE most Powerful Thoughts and Habits are BREATHING and EATING. DRINKING and SEX are also close-runners.

Breathing is not something the average people want to do without!

SEX, however, is easily jettisoned.

If EATING AND DRINKING are suspended, however, the Assemblage Point will be DESTABILIZED, and influences that would not affect it before- DESIRES, FEARS, SHOCKS, HALLUCINATIONS, SPIRITUAL INFLUENCES, DRUGS, etc.

THAT is why Fasting is necessary.

GOD NEEDS ONLY ONE THING FROM US: AGREEMENT.

. AMOS 3:3.

3. "Can two walk together,
except they be agreed?"

GOD KNOWS THE DESIRE OF THE HEART OF THE RIGHTEOUS- but NOT the Unrighteous.

. PSALM 1:1-6.

BLESSED is the man
that walketh not in The Counsel of the Ungodly,
nor standeth in The Way of Sinners,
nor sitteth in The Seat of the Scornful.
2. But his delight is in The Law of The LORD;
and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The Ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the Ungodly shall not stand in the Judgment,
nor Sinners in the Congregation of the Righteous.
6. For The LORD knoweth The Way of the Righteous:
but the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.

NOR SHOULD THE UNRIGHTEOUS WANT GOD TO KNOW THE DESIRES OF THEIR HEARTS- BECAUSE THEN, HE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE ACTION.

. 2nd CHRONICLES 16:9.

9. "For The Eyes of The LORD
run to and fro throughout the whole Earth,
to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them
whose heart is perfect toward Him.
Herein thou hast done foolishly:
therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars."

THE MORE POINTS OF AGREEMENT ONE HAS BETWEEN THEMSELVES AND GOD, THE MORE ATTUNED TO HIM THEY BECOME.

YES.

Imagine, someone praying for the Healing of their FATHER, MOTHER, SPOUSE, CHILD, or FRIEND, who is dying of, say, CANCER- then going to eat every meal (probably UNCLEAN Meats,) and then complaining that God didn't answer their Prayer, and let their Friends or Family die?

It happens all the time.

I got to work this morning, and was informed that one of our Sanitary Staff just passed away over the weekend.

Probably a FULL GOSPEL CHURCH Member.

No one in the Church would have been able to Heal her Chronic Ailment.

All they know is Singing and Dancing.

NOT SERIOUS THINGS.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by oaroloye(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
Gofwane:

GOD IS NOT MOVED BY THE URGENCY OF YOUR SITUATION.

If you have the CORRECT AGREEMENT with Him, you WILL get what you asked Him for.

But you must MAKE HIM KNOW YOU.

You MUST SHOW HIM that you KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS and RESPECT His Teachings.

. DEUTERONOMY 8:1-6.

ALL The Commandments
Which I Command thee this Day
shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live,
and multiply,
and go in and possess the Land
which The LORD
sware unto your fathers.
2. And thou shalt remember all the Way
which the LORD thy God led thee
these forty years in the wilderness,
to humble thee, and to prove thee,
to know what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest keep His Commandments,
or no.
3. And He humbled thee,
and suffered thee to hunger,
and fed thee with manna,
which thou knewest not,
neither did thy fathers know;
that He might make thee know

"THAT MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY BREAD ONLY,
BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH
OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE LORD DOTH MAN LIVE."

4. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee,
neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.
5. Thou shalt also consider in thine heart,

“THAT, AS A MAN CHASTENETH HIS SON,
SO THE LORD THY GOD CHASTENETH THEE.”

6. Therefore thou shalt keep
The Commandments of The LORD thy God,
to walk in His Ways,
and to fear Him.

. MATTHEW 17:14-21.

14. And when they were come to the Multitude,
there came to him a certain man,
kneeling down to him,
and saying,

15. "Lord, have Mercy on my son:
for he is lunatick, and sore vexed:
for ofttimes he falleth into the Fire,
and oft into the Water.
16. “And I brought him to thy Disciples,
and they could not cure him."

17. Then Jesus answered and said,

"O Faithless and perverse Generation,
how long shall I be with you?
How long shall I suffer you?
Bring him hither to me.”

18. And Jesus rebuked the Devil;
and he departed out of him:
and the child was cured from that very Hour.

19. Then came the Disciples to Jesus apart,
and said,

"Why could not we cast him out?"

20. And Jesus said unto them,
"Because of your Unbelief:
for verily I say unto you,

'IF YE HAVE FAITH AS A GRAIN OF MUSTARD SEED,
YE SHALL SAY UNTO THIS MOUNTAIN,

"REMOVE HENCE TO YONDER PLACE;"

AND IT SHALL REMOVE;
AND NOTHING SHALL BE
IMPOSSIBLE UNTO YOU.'

21. "Howbeit this kind goeth not out
but by Prayer and Fasting."

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT ARE EASY TO PRAY FOR, WHEREAS THERE ARE OTHERS THAT ARE NOT.

There are Problems that require a RADICAL SHIFT of the Assemblage Point to Solve.

Please, I need answers

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

WANTING ANSWERS AND DESERVING ANSWERS ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

YOU SHOULD be able to find answers for yourself.

. JOB 28:28.

28. "And unto Man He Said,

'BEHOLD, THE FEAR OF THE LORD,
THAT (IS) WISDOM;
AND TO DEPART FROM EVIL
(IS) UNDERSTANDING.' "

. PSALM 111:10.

10. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Wisdom:
a Good Understanding have all they
that do (His Commandments):
His Praise endureth for ever.

. DANIEL 12:10.

10. "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried;
but the Wicked shall do wickedly:
and none of the wicked shall understand;
but the Wise shall understand."

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF GOD, IT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS ENOUGH- IF AT ALL.

If your problem is insufficient RIGHTEOUSNESS, that can be resolved by MEDITATION, with PRAYER and FASTING.

The father of the possessed lad, and his "friends," were all HYPOCRITES- probably ready to stone YAHSHUA and his DISCIPLES for not solving INSTANTLY a Problem they had been complacently living with for YEARS.

By "complacent," I mean that whatever COUNTERMEASURES they implemented STOPPED SHORT Of SOLVING the boy's Problem.

. JOHN 3:1-21.

THERE was a man of the Pharisees,
named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2. The same came to Jesus by night,
and said unto him,

"Rabbi, we know that thou
art a Teacher come from God:
for no man can do
these Miracles that thou doest,
except God be with him."

3. Jesus answered and said unto him,

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

'EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN,
HE CANNOT SEE
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.' "

4. Nicodemus saith unto him,

"How can a man be born
when he is old?
Can he enter the second time
into his mother's womb,
and be born?"

5. Jesus answered,

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

'EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN
OF WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT,
HE CANNOT ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.'

6. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. "Marvel not that I said unto thee,

'YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.'

8. "The wind bloweth where it listeth,
and thou hearest the sound thereof,
but canst not tell whence it cometh,
and whither it goeth:
so is every one that is Born of the Spirit."

9. Nicodemus answered and said unto him,

"How can these things be?"

10. Jesus answered and said unto him,

"Art thou a Master of Israel,
knowest not these things?
11. "Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

'WE SPEAK THAT WE DO KNOW,
AND TESTIFY THAT WE HAVE SEEN;
AND YE RECEIVE NOT OUR WITNESS.'

12. "If I have told you Earthly things,
and ye believe not,
how shall ye believe,
if I tell you of Heavenly things?
13. “And no man hath Ascended up to Heaven,
but he that came down from Heaven,
even The Son of Man,
which is in Heaven.
14. "And as Moses lifted up
the serpent in the wilderness,
even so must The Son of Man be lifted up:
15. "That whosoever believeth in him
should not Perish,
but have Eternal Life.
16. "For God so loved the World,
that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not Perish,
but have Everlasting Life.
17. "For God sent not His Son into the World
to condemn the World;
but that the World
through him might be Saved.
18. "He that believeth on him
is not Condemned:
but he that believeth not
is Condemned already,
because he hath not believed
in the Name of The Only Begotten Son of God.
19. "And this is The Condemnation,

'THAT LIGHT IS COME
INTO THE WORLD,
AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS
RATHER THAN LIGHT,
BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS
WERE EVIL.'

20. "For every one that doeth Evil
hateth the Light,
neither cometh to The Light,
lest his deeds should be reproved.
21. "But he that doeth Truth
cometh to The Light,
that his deeds may be made manifest,
that they are wrought in God."

"BORN AGAIN," in a NORTHERN dialect of Aramaic, the language the Lord Yahshua and his Disciples spoke, means "TO CHANGE ONE'S THOUGHTS AND HABITS." Nicodemus spoke SOUTHERN Aramaic, and hence did not understand the Lord, who rebuked him for being a Master of Israel, and yet ignorant of local idioms.

Except you are Born Again, you cannot see The Kingdom of God.

The charlatan Churches make people pray according to a formula capable of ASSEMBLAGE POINT SHIFT- and tell their victims they they are now "BORN OF GOD." Unless there is a HEARTFELT COMMITMENT to DIE, rather than commit another Sin, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

CHILDREN OF GOD CANNOT COMMIT SIN.

. LUKE 14:7-11.

7. And he put forth a Parable
to those which were bidden,
when he marked how
they chose out the Chief Rooms;
saying unto them.
8. "When thou art bidden
of any man to a wedding,
sit not down in The Highest Room;
lest a more honourable man than thou
be bidden of him;
9. "And he that bade thee and him
come and say to thee,

'GIVE THIS MAN PLACE;'

and thou begin with shame
to take The Lowest Room.
10. "But when thou art bidden,
go and sit down in The Lowest Room;
that when he that bade thee cometh,
he may say unto thee,

'FRIEND, GO UP HIGHER:'

then shalt thou have worship
in the presence of them
that sit at meat with thee.
11. "For whosoever exalteth himself
shall be abased;
and he that humbleth himself
shall be exalted."

A GENTILE SINNER IS IGNORANT OF SPIRITUAL PROCEDURE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Therefore, many fall for the EXAGGERATION/FLATTERY of the FALSE BORN AGAIN CHURCHES- having no Frame-of-Reference to judge the Doctrines they are indoctrinated with by.

THE FIRST DUTY OF A CHRISTIAN IS TO KNOW THE LORD YAHSHUA.

Evangelist Oral Roberts once prayed to know:

"How can I know Jesus?"

He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, and The Book of ACTS-
THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.

At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now
knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"
/color]

[color=silver].
[color =#770077]-Kenneth Copeland.[/color]

ONLY when you KNOW the ACTUAL Teachings of the Lord yourself can you make an INFORMED DECISION of how to be a GENUINE CHRISTIAN or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Just a form of TORTURE.
An extreme state of unhappiness.
Why do people not FAST when they are happy? undecided
Only relevant to those who chose to indulge in such a concept. kiss
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by oaroloye(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
SHALOM!

KanwuliaExtra:
Just a form of TORTURE.
An extreme state of unhappiness.
Why do people not FAST when they are happy? undecided
Only relevant to those who chose to indulge in such a concept. kiss

Spoken like a man who knows nothing at all about Fasting!

Fasting is not torture.

Fasting does not make you unhappy.

I know what I am talking about from having accomplished Fasts of 3, 10, 28, and 32 days' duration.

What do you base your speech on- skipped breakfast?

After three days without food, you no longer feel hungry.

After seven days without food, you stop getting weaker.

After ten days, your strength is back to normal, and you almost forget that you ever needed to eat.

The normal Human body has enough fat on it to fuel the body for forty days, before starvation becomes an issue.

At what point therefore, does "torture" or "unhappiness" come in?

During the first seven days, one can experience various discomforts, including headaches and nausea, strange tastes in the mouth, and smells.

This is cause for rejoicing, because Toxic Wastes are leaving the body (unless one is an idiot, and not drinking the necessary miimum if 1.25 litres of water spdaily; in which case it is the idiot who is leaving his body)!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Gofwane:

Please, I need answers

Gofwane,

You see, many people fast for many reasons. But if you'd ever fast without the decleration of the pastor or the spirit of God moving you to do so but of your own free will, then what is the reason for taking a fast?

The way people do things is different from the way another set of people do their own thing. Just like we have various and different language, we also have various ways people pray or talk to God.
cheesy

My sister did ask me a question one day saying, "why are you fasting?" And guess what? I didn't have a major reason for fastiing(just like u included in you post) and I answered her by saying "God knows the heart of men. He knws my heart and would fulfil my heart desires(provided it's something good)" and my sister was reading the bible that same moment and after I replied her, she was about concentrating on her bible again when she coincidentally, or peharps the spirit of God led her to that verse of Romans8:27; "And he that searches the hearts knows the mind of the spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

She did call my attention to that verse and I was in utter shock and surprise.

So you see, my bro, fasting could be with prayerpoints or just doing it to stay away from sin and temptation(It's an experience). Loyalty with God could be also with fasting to stay devoted. "To my opinion" I don't think you need prayerpoints(unless a prayerpoin was being declared by a pastor) when it comes to fasting, I'm not saying it is not compulsory or not, it could be just necessary, because "GOD KNOWS THE HEART OF MAN."
A God who never sleeps and slumbers, a God who never gives up on his children. Isn't he the creator of man?(Genesis1:27)
One thing I love about fasting is: it keeps me in touch with God and away from sin. And the main points from my HUGE story is ; God knows the heart of man. smiley (Revelations2:23)

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Fasting is not torture.

I know what I am talking about from having accomplished Fasts of 3, 10, 28, and 32 days' duration.

After ten days, your strength is back to normal, and you almost forget that you ever needed to eat.

The normal Human body has enough fat on it to fuel the body for forty days, before starvation becomes an issue.

During the first seven days, one can experience various discomforts, including headaches and nausea, strange tastes in the mouth, and smells.

This is cause for rejoicing, because Toxic Wastes are leaving the body (unless one is an idiot, and not drinking the necessary miimum if 1.25 litres of water spdaily; in which case it is the idiot who is leaving his body)!
thank God you gave him an answer. Some people are really ignorant...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Fasting is not torture.

You ever heard of a GYM? wink
Goodluck to you. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by ScienceWatch: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
Bronchitis Oaroloye proudly claims here that because of fasting, he has never been sick for 30 years, which I don't believe.

He does not present conclusive evidence for His claim. Besides he was caught out lying many times.

Now he is 60 years old. What happened during the other 30 years ?

I would be more interested in the gluttony of those other years as a reference.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by hadow(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
the purposes of fasting are to humble ur spirit b4 God,increase ur level of faith and detach ursef frm d attractions of dis world while praying
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? by obinna58(m): 12:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Fasting Helps religionists to heighten their spiritual craziness

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: RCCG Pastor Vows Not To Call Adeboye Again / Meet Elizabeth Ogunbode, winner of 2018 CAC Sunday School Examination / Why Is Daddy Freeze Now Scared Of Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.