Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew (30893 Views)

Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by AjaanaOka(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

AjaanaOka na confirm Igbo boy from Awka. Nna Nna Nna ya bu onye Igala. cheesy

Ehn? Ekwuzikwana. Nna nna m aburo onye Igala. Kama ufodu n'ime fa nutalu nwaanyi n'Igala.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by AjaanaOka(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Rodoillo, ma o bulu fulaman, nya I na-ewechadi iwe? cheesy cheesy

You are having a debate with somebody and next thing he's calling you mad and the product of rape. That was not even me being angry, that is just me telling him to go away.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by bigfrancis21: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:

Ehn? Ekwuzikwana. Nna nna m aburo onye Igala. Kama ufodu n'ime fa nutalu nwaanyi n'Igala.

Hahaha. Pullin' your legs bro. grin

Though you have this fondness for Igalas. wink

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by bigfrancis21: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:

You are having a debate with somebody and next thing he's calling mad and the product of rape. That was not even me being angry, that is just me telling him to go away.

@bold....i must confess I nearly teared up in laughter at that part. grin

Just let go bro. I've realized that some debates are not worth the energy sometimes.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by AjaanaOka(m): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Pullin' your legs bro. grin

Though you have this fondness for Igalas. wink

Er. I don't.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

AjaanaOka na confirm Igbo boy from Awka. Nna Nna Nna ya bu onye Igala. cheesy

grin
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:

You are having a debate with somebody and next thing he's calling mad and the product of rape. That was not even me being angry, that is just me telling him to go away.

wat did u say before dat? Alot of u igbo men are confused and lost sell-out. We are only trying to repair all the damage done to Ndiigbo.

If u are going to object, take time and conduct research first, don't just dismiss it.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:33am On Jul 11, 2017
Genesis Greek

Ge na isi isi Igbo

Bereshish Hebrew(seen in the Orthodox jewish bible)

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=2UGnAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA30-IA310&lpg=PA30-IA310&dq=agur+lion&source=bl&ots=Lr1_Adaoys&sig=l3-oUWSjlGmnu3mF-gziulP3cN0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjizuLy1v_UAhUDKcAKHa_KAWMQ6AEIWzAN#v=onepage&q=agur%20lion&f=false

B AND R letter as the distinguishing factor. The sound and pronunciation have a close correlation that reflect a common origin.

First, it is important to acknowledge that the old testament was written in Hebrew.

It was the new testament that was written in Greek.

This not my field but i will do my best to clarify things here.

Evidently, their is a clear inter=change of rh B/R with the G/N. This is maybe due to sounds and pronunciation, influenced to a degree by the varying style of writing and different time of writing between Hebrew, Greek and English.

This however, does not discredit the close relationship between the words and the fact they are all deeply rooted in origin from Hebrew.

bigfrancis21 touched on this much earlier with this statement, maybe he can take it from here to elaborate.

Another coincidence, the Hebrews natively call themselves 'ivri'/'ibri' and their language 'ivrit'/'ibrit'. Notice the interchange between 'b' and 'v' used in hebrew, a feature also common in Igbo, for example ibu/ivu, abubu/avuvu, etc.

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Ahi means 'brother', not 'market'.

Aziza means 'powerful', not 'broom'.

[s]Genesis is not even a Hebrew word; it is Greek.[/s]

Ahi refers to trade, read here, i will post the link later.

And explain further.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=y0x8AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA115&lpg=PA115&dq=ahi+means+trade&source=bl&ots=rbNdsXTaU2&sig=GF7NA6IGcjQoTwPN5Sfn_WB3Y_Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb6-G3jIDVAhUHLsAKHec1AVAQ6AEIPTAE#v=onepage&q=ahi%20means%20trade&f=false

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23600749?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by AjaanaOka(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2017
And he continues to post links that don't support his position. Even after telling Google exactly what he wants Google to tell him.

Rather than typing 'Ahi means trade' and 'agur lion' into Google, an objective fact finder would have gone with 'Ahi Hebrew etymology' and 'Agur Hebrew etymology'.

You've already decided what the words mean before you even begin to research. Anyone with that mind frame could find "evidence" (emphasis on the quotes) that stone actually means suitcase, and waterproof bag means aeroplane, if he wanted to.

I don't even know why I bother.

PS: This is from your 'Ahi means trade' link. YOUR link. Not mine.

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:
And he continues to post links that don't support his position. Even after telling Google exactly what he wants Google to tell him.

Rather than typing 'Ahi means trade' and 'agur lion' into Google, an objective fact finder would have gone with 'Ahi Hebrew etymology' and 'Agur Hebrew etymology'.

You've already decided what the words mean before you even begin to research. Anyone with that mind frame could find "evidence" (emphasis on the quotes) that stone actually means suitcase, and waterproof bag means aeroplane, if he wanted to.

I don't even know why I bother.

PS: This is from your 'Ahi means trade' link. YOUR link. Not mine.

The one reason y we disagree so badly is becos of ur lazy intellectualism.

U are quick to dismiss everything at the drop of a hat without substantiating.

Evidence of this can be seen in ur recent post. Funny enough, i expected u to do wat u did to confirm my earlier assertion about you.

U focus ur argument on Turkey and Muslim, disregarding the relevant aspect of the passage.

For that reason, i will make Turkey a starting point.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23600749?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
I had earlier provided this link but u completely disregarded it.

Now, i have screen shot it for everybody to read.

As we earlier established, Ahi is a Hebrew word and not Turkish or Islamic.

Ahi is foreign to Turkey and could only get their becos of the Hebrew migration westward from the ancient City of David and into Europe.

The link and screen shot above confirms this point.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Further, I feel it necessary to add the date Isreal was created for clarity.

This supports the calim that Igbo are Hebrew, and all evidence with regards to usage of Hebrew words can only be gotten from areas the Ancient Hebrew settled after migration from the Ancient City of David.

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
@AjaanaOka

The passage defined Ahi as u earlier claimed to mean brother but went further to explain that Ahi comes from Aki which means generous.

The article expanciate that Ahi became the major economic, social and cultural system.

Some sort of Trade Union with regulation on who should be accepted for membership.

Adding that, the Ahi way of thinking flourished amongst the artisan, Each Trade had its own Ahi Association.

In smaller towns they would either organise in groups of trades or all the trades would organise under the association.

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:
Aziza means 'powerful', not 'broom'..

I have also discovered Aziza means broom in hebrew. Thus, i am striking it off the list. I will be back later with all the evidence and screen shots with links for verification.

Ezeagu, bigfrancis21, Cheruv, pazienza, Abagworo: bikonu, stay tuned for the grand finale tonight.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Aziza is an Isrealite masculine name meaning strong concordance.

However, the word origin is from Azaz.

Azaz is part of speech and means strong or prevail.

The word is deeply rooted in origin from Prime Root.

Prime Root refers to the brooms of old. That was the broom used by Igbo not the current one u see with APC.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5819.htm

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5810.htm

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Igbo language is old hebrew. I have just dislodge Mr AjaanaOka attempt to ridicule Ndiigbo claims to being Hebrew.

Note that i never used the term Jews but i said Hebrew.

U can be Hebrew and be Christian or Jews, which ever.
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=emmysoftyou post=58281738]SOME IGBO WORDS THAT ARE SAME MEANING WITH HEBREW , FURTHER EVIDENCE OF IGBO
Ayya Anya eye

Further, AYYA does not mean eye in Hebrew but refers to Eagle eye.

Ayin means eye in Hebrew.

In terms of pronounciation, it is even much closer to the Igbo Anya.

U did a half job, i suppose, u were trying to shine light on the topic and expect others to contribute their own quarters.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-hebrew-letter-ayin-the-eye.60322/
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by AjaanaOka(m): 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
hammerF:
Aziza is an Isrealite masculine name meaning strong concordance.

However, the word origin is from Azaz.

Azaz is part of speech and means strong or prevail.

The word is deeply rooted in origin from Prime Root.

Prime Root refers to the brooms of old. That was the broom used by Igbo not the current one u see with APC.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5819.htm

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5810.htm

Dear God! What the hell? I'm going to need a long break from social media to recover from this nonsense.

A prim.root (short for primitive root) is a linguistic term, and does not refer to a biological plant, let alone a broom. A prim.root refers to the origins/meanings of a word. If you knew linguistics, you'd have seen the term pop up all over the place (Check the screenshot attached to this comment.)

It is not 'Prime Root'; I must say, you do have a tendency to tamper with sources, sir.

You are bumbling around here and quite frankly making yourself out to look stupid because you have zero knowledge of linguistics. Your 'expositions' here are nothing short of absurd. Stop. In the name of God, stop! grin

Abeg, I am out. Don't expect any further replies from me. I am out. Can't be falling my IQ here pretending we can have an intellectual discussion on linguistics.

See examples of the use of the term 'prim.root' below. Out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka:

Dear God! What the hell? I'm going to need a long break from social media to recover from this nonsense.

A prim.root (short for primitive root) is a linguistic term, and does not refer to a biological plant, let alone a broom. A prim.root refers to the origins/meanings of a word. If you knew linguistics, you'd have seen the term pop up all over the place (Check the screenshot attached to this comment.)

It is not 'Prime Root'; I must say, you do have a tendency to tamper with sources, sir.

You are bumbling around here and quite frankly making yourself out to look stupid because you have zero knowledge of linguistics. Your 'expositions' here are nothing short of absurd. Stop. In the name of God, stop! grin

Abeg, I am out. Don't expect any further replies from me. I am out. Can't be falling my IQ here pretending we can have an intellectual discussion on linguistics.

See examples of the use of the term 'prim.root' below. Out.

Ur definition is correct, i will give u that, but in this instance it points to the origin of the word Azaz as prim root. (Check the pictures properly)

Prim root literally means exactly wat the word denotes in literal terms.

However, in linguistics it refers to origin.

Funny enough, tracing the word Aziza led straight to the brooms of old.

I did not start this thread, so i have gone out of my way to defend the OP claims.

However, a closer look at the words show a direct correlation between Hebrew and Igbo.

Maybe not Identical but it is close enough.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerF: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
AjaanaOka let me take this opportunity to apologize for my earlier rude remarks, i mistook u for a Yoruba person. Ndo!

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by hammerFC: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
hammerF:

Were u looking for literal translation after almost 2000 years apart?

The point here is that they use the name Ada in the same way the Igbo of Nigeria use it.

Ada is abrrievation of Adanma or Adanna OR Adah.

This indicates that the name have several meaning and usage.

Adanma means 'beautiful first daughter' Adanna means daddy first daughter.

The Hebrew tradition denotes that the name Adah means beautiful ornament or Adornment.

Traditionally the hebrew use the name Ada to reference first daughter like the biblical Adam reference first man. It is a girls name.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by ezeagu(m): 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
hammerF:

Traditionally the hebrew use the name Ada to reference first daughter like the biblical Adam reference first man. It is a girls name.

Manipulative embellishment.

3 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by Torah(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
emmysoftyou:
SOME IGBO WORDS THAT ARE SAME MEANING WITH HEBREW , FURTHER EVIDENCE OF IGBO _JEWISH LINEAGE.
HEBREW IGBO same meaning
_Hebrew _________ igbo_____ Same meaning
ABAH ABA
ADAH ADA FIRST DAUGHTER
AGUR AGU lion
Ahi Ahia market
Amarih Amara grace
Ara Ara mad
Ayya Anya eye
Aziza Aziza broom
Chema Chima God knows
Eber Ebere mercy
Ezer Eze king. Chief
Geba Geba move on
Genesis Ge na isi isi _ go to the beginning
Hagaba Ha_ga_ba let them go
Salu Dalu well done
Raphu Rapu leave it
Sobe Sobe follow
Ubal Uba wealth
Zaam Zaam please answer me

This is just a few words out of thousands of others similar in meaning between IGBO and HEBREW . What more can you ask for to know that the IBOS are of JEWISH heritage

Onyema Uche

Abagworo
Lalasticlala
Pezienza
Biafranqueen
ipobexposed
Bigfrancis21

YOU TRIED SIR
BUT THE WHOLE TORAH IS A YORUBA DOCUMENT NOT JUST SOME WORDS
SO WE ARE THE ORIGINAL HEBREWS YOU NEED UD TO TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE
WE THE YORUBAS

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by want2knowben: 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
Torah:

YOU TRIED SIR
BUT THE WHOLE TORAH IS A YORUBA DOCUMENT NOT JUST SOME WORDS
SO WE ARE THE ORIGINAL HEBREWS YOU NEED UD TO TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE
WE THE YORUBAS

15 words don't make anyone Hebrew. Gimme 200! grin
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by magicjack: 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
i manage to check one n see it was wrong, well ok o

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
MalcoImX:

You have nothing in common with the Jews but your restlessness. If you say that you're Jewish in that regard, then it's understandable.

Igbos are hebrews, not Jews
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2020
hammerF:

They are not occupying Palestine, they merely took back their land that was forcibly taken from them through war, in fufilment of the word of God.

Anyway, in the bible, God did say he will scatter dem amongst nation of the earth but at his own appointed time, he will bring dem back together. https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Scattering-Israel
No, that is terribly wrong.

The people living in israel today are caucasians from europe.

Jews are not Israelites or hebrews. Jew is simply anyone that practices Judaism as a religion, that's why there's American jew, spanish jew, Ethiopian jew, Spanish Jew, German Jew, French jew, russian jew, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by CollinsAsadu: 10:21am On Aug 21, 2020
nengibo:

Shxt happens, but what do you stand to gain from this Jewish links and hwfr will you go, for instance will you reclaim ur lost hebrew language

Ancient pyramid in enugu state nigeria

Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by holocron: 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
pazienza:

Sowie bro, I can't relate to this Igbo Jew ish, my brain can't wrap it. We are more related to the central Africans all the way to South Africa than to the Ashkenazi Caucasians.

Black people are original race, in us is the substance from which all other races were made from.

This might explain why the black Igbo couple gave birth to a Caucasian baby. We are ancient people, Ndi gboo.
The Jews came from us, not the other way round, this is my personal conviction.

You got it. Very smart!
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by emmysoftyou: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
CollinsAsadu:

Ancient pyramid in enugu state nigeria
is this picture real? Is there anything like pyramid in Enugu state..

But that object doesn't have much look like ancient Egyptian pyramid..
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew by Subsaharan: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
bigfrancis21:

Pazienza is well-versed in history. I get what he was trying to say. Ancient Hebrews were not light-skinned as you have them today. They were black people, being related to/brothers to the ancient Egyptians who were also dark-skinned. One clue to this is when Herod sought to kill all little and newly-born hebrew males and Joseph and his wife were asked to go to Egypt and hide. Now as of the time of Herod, the Egyptians were known to still be black. Why would Joseph and his entire family be asked to go hide in a predominantly black country if they weren't black themselves? How does that make sense if they were white as the modern day jews? Would a white man escaping being caught hide in a black country where his skin color makes him stand out? No. Instead, a white man runs to a predominantly white country to hide. Same for a black man who would escape to a black country where he blends in easily. A white man doesn't hide in a country where it is full of blacks where he stands out and will be obviously detected easily. Joseph wasn't asked to run to nearby Jordan, nor modern-day Iraq nor Iran etc but to far-away Egypt in Africa. Egypt, being mostly black as of the time of herod, and Joseph escaping to the country to hide for many years and remain undetected all those years is an indication that the ancient Egyptians and Hebrews looked the same skinwise/racially. That should tell you something. Another example is when Joseph, the Hebrew, was raised in Egypt and grew up to be a governor in Egypt and the Egyptians could not tell he was Hebrew/Non-Egyptian, the reason most likely being that both groups must have been the same racially for Joseph to grow up in the house of Pharoah as an Egyptian while still being Hebrew ancestrally. Nigerian Christians need to begin to reason certain things.

I get you, and him.

you're both on the right track, only with different perspectives.

Hebrews were and are black, if anything Africans are more rad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Gift To Symington, US Ambasador To Nigeria, They Met In Lagos / What Is Odogwu; Why Do Igbo Guys Call Themselves That / Igbos come show your proverbs skills - (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.