Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Love Happened By Rose Akpabio - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (92057 Views)

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by tendertina: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
I cant wait to get to d end of the story...kudos dear.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by queenitee(f): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa, you will love this
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Lolsd: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2017
d guys in questiions are just weak.? its just shows their level of reasoning. sophia u are what better than dat.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2017
queenitee:
Eyinimofeoluwa, you will love this
Thanks sis oya chop kisssssssss
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Angelsss nice write up sis keep it up
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by crislyn(f): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
marychommy:
chai I wonder d kind lie DAT witch of a sister will tell Lekan wen she got to kn abt dem. Sophia will now hit d gym cos she taught being fat is d reasons why her exz left her without knowing is her own blood sister. instead of having a sister like her let me stay alone without a family. you will reap what u sow.
Lol. Lekan might be difficult for her to manipulate.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Sleyanya1(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
Angelsss please update nau.. sad

Hope you're cool dear?

Still waiting for more.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
‘Are you really sure she’ll like me here? she probably hates me right now after I’d broken off with her’ Benet looked uneasy.

‘Well, I promise this, once she arrives, we’ll go for our date, so chill’Barbie was getting impatient with him.

‘Okay, what do we tell her when we both leave? She may suspect us’?Benet wondered why Barbie was bent on him meeting with Soph.

‘Wow I forgot that, don’t worry, I’ll cook up a story, I bumped into you, this and that, just chill okay, stop acting like a sissy, my sister doesn’t bite’ Barbie clicked her tongue.

‘Okay, whatever you say’ Benet replied and relaxed.

‘So did you buy me my shoes? I still remember that’ Barbie took a seat beside him, she hoped her plans worked out well, Oscar would be hers in no time’

‘I haven’t, we could go get them later today, I could do anything for you Barbs’ Oscar replied and leaned forward to kiss her.

‘Uh uh, not yet, till I say so’ she moved away from him. She didn’t want to get down with Benet, it would only complicate things for her. It was Oscar she wanted this time, Benet had served his purpose long time ago, now he would serve another purpose, with his ‘help’, Oscar would break up with Sophia.

‘Alright, seems she’s back’ Benet heard a car roar.

‘Yup, that is my sister’ Barbie rose to welcome her.

‘Okay then’ Benet breathed deeply.

‘Welcome sis, how was the meeting with Oscar’? Barbie flung the door opened.

‘Barbie, I don’t know how to say this but….’ Sophia paused as she saw the visitor, what was he doing here? what was Benet doing in her house? After hurting her badly?

‘Good day Sophia’ he smiled and rose to his feet.

‘What is he doing here’? Sophia offered him a smile and whispered to her sister.

‘Well, I bumped into him minutes ago, I went to get stuff, remember I called you, so, he decided to come see you, you know’ Barbie stuttered.

‘How nice of you Benet’Sophia tried to be strong. This man had broken up with her without any reason and here he was, sitting on her couch wearing a smile like nothing happened.
She thought of smashing a bottle in his head, with the type of pain she felt from Oscar’s betrayal, she could do anything to harm someone but she held herself. She would play nice with him, acting all stiff would make him feel important.

‘It’s been a long time Sophia, you look amazing’ he lied, she was still as robust as ever.

‘Thank you’ Sophia replied quietly and sat beside him on the couch, she had to stay strong.

‘So what do you do now?’ Benet tried making conversation, he wasn’t comfortable with this but Barbie had persuaded him, her reasons, he would never understand.

‘Uhmmm, I own a restaurant’ Sophia said.

‘Excuse me you two, I should go change up, I forgot something at the mall’ Barbie lied, this was the time to take the picture.

‘That’s nice, what’s the name of your restaurant’? Benet feigned interest, he didn’t like this.

‘I haven’t named it yet’ Sophia wondered why she had to stay with him, she was hurting inside.

‘You know what? There’s no need for me to change anymore, you should go Benet’ Barbie smiled and resurfaced.

‘That’s rude Barbs’ Sophia was always shocked at the way her sister spoke to people.

‘No it’s fine, I have to go Sophia, do take care of yourself, it was nice meeting you’ he rose to his feet.

‘Yea, same here’ Sophia replied dryly, she would kill her sister later for Bringing Benet over.

‘Okay Soph, I’ll be back in a jiffy, I forgot to buy us some toiletries, would join Benet in his car, take care Sophia’ she pecked her sister lovingly and they both dashed out.

‘No problem, bye’ Sophia touched the place where her sister had kissed her, this was unlike Barbara, Barbara never showed her love. She was selfish and wrapped up in her own world, but she still loved her very much. She was the only sister she had in the whole world.

‘I hope I’ll be fine’ Sophia inhaled deeply as reality hit her once more, Oscar had broken up with her.
She felt hurt, deeply hurt, he’d told her he was in love with her a million times, she’d given her heart to him, trusted him completely and now he’d messed her life up.

She fell on the floor and cried, this was too much for her to bear. Why was she so unlucky when it came to love? Why couldn’t someone love her?

She zipped her bag open and brought out a mirror, maybe there was something wrong with her.

‘I am not that ugly, why can’t I find a man good enough for me’? she sobbed as she stared at her reflection.

‘Why me? Why do I always get hurt’? she continued.

She was going crazy, Oscar’s words still haunted her, he’d dismissed her like someone that meant nothing to him.

‘No, I wouldn’t take this, I wouldn’t take this’ she pounded her fist on the floor.

Her chest rose and fell as she sobbed louder, tears poured down in rivers down her cheeks, Oscar had hurt her badly and it would take long to get over him.

Her phone buzzed and she picked it up, maybe he’d called back to take back his words, maybe he’d called back to say he’d been joking.

‘Hello’ she spoke hurriedly into the phone without checking the caller identity.
‘Sophia, were you able to get the money from Oscar’? it was Kachi.

‘Kachi, I think I am going to die’ she spoke quietly.

‘Are you okay? What’s wrong Sophia’? Kachi was surprised, she had never heard her friend talk that way.

‘No I am not, I don’t think I will ever be’ Sophia swallowed the pain that fought to destroy her.

‘What happened? Is it Barbie? Did she get hurt? Is Oscar hurt? Please talk to me’ Barbie was tensed, from the way Sophia spoke, she was far from alright.

‘No, it isn’t Barbie, Barbie is fine, it’s Oscar’ she sniffled.

‘Are you crying? Dear lord, where are you? I should come there soon’ Kachi had to go see her friend, though she had a lot of work to do, Sophia still meant the world to her.

‘Oscar broke up with me’ Sophia dropped the bomb.

‘What? Why? When? Oh God, where are you Soph? please don’t do anything stupid to yourself’ Kachi couldn’t believe her ears.

‘I am home Kachi, I don’t know what to do, why do I always get heartbroken’? She wondered if Kachi would give her an answer.
‘Sophia, just hold on, I am on my way’.
‘Here’s your food young sir, I do hope you enjoy it’ Mrs Olaitan served him his food.

‘Thanks’ he murmured, he didn’t want the old lady to engage him in another conversation, more like, a trip to his past.
He hated remembering all what he’d suffered. He lived with the pain of not having a mother, the pain of knowing she was either dead or out there somewhere wondering on the streets. And his father had done nothing to save her, he hadn’t even lifted a finger.

‘Do you like it’? she lingered and watched him closely.

‘Yes, just the way I wanted it’ he replied and feasted on the dish.

‘Okay, enjoy yourself’ she turned and walked away.

‘Good riddance’ Lekan sighed with relief, Ade had ruined his morning already, he didn’t need someone else ruining his lunch time.

Minutes later, after he’d eaten to his fill, he decided to watch television, Tansi had still not showed up and he was getting impatient.
He suddenly realized how empty and lonely his life had been. He was rich, had political connections, everything a young man could ever ask for, but he felt empty and lonely.

‘Who do we have here’? he chuckled as he turned on the Television. The show was a reality talk show or fight show: the Jerry Springer show.

The way the women fought for their men amused him, he was so engrossed in it that he felt to notice when his girlfriend Tansi had walked into the house.

‘Hello there handsome’ the strange fragrance had alerted him of her presence.

‘Tansi’ he rose to welcome her.

‘My darling Lekan, why did you call me over? Where are your other girlfriends’? she arched a brow. It wasn’t no secret Lekan was a flirt.

‘Hey let’s not go there, it’s been long Tansi, really long’ he loved Tansi for one reason, she wasn’t jealous or clingy and she was always very blunt with her opinions.

‘Where is Eleona? I heard from many that you two were deeply in love and she was going to give you twin babies’ she scoffed.

‘Forget Eleona, it’s you I want Tansi’ he shifted close to her. He was right, inviting a girl over was all the distraction he needed.

‘How funny’ she laughed

‘I don’t understand you, you look different Tansi, you’re shining’ he put his arms round her

‘Yeaa, you haven’t noticed right’? she rubbed her belly gently.

‘Notice what’? he wondered, women could be so complicated at times.
‘I am pregnant silly, I came over here to invite you for my wedding’she showed him her ring.
‘Wow Tansi, you’re getting married’? he was stunned.

‘Yes darling Lekan, I should’ve told you sooner, I didn’t have the time’ she rubbed his arm affectionately.

‘Wow, I am shocked Tansi, I never expected that, but you sounded so….’ He stammered.

‘Single? And rough on the phone?’ she chuckled.

‘Yeaa, you should’ve told me right there, instead of stressing yourself’ he replied.

‘Don’t make me laugh, there’s another reason why I came’ she brought out a file from her bag.

‘Yes’? he waited for more surprises.

‘Listen Lekan, I know we’ve known each other for a year now, and we dated on and off, we always ended it when I found out you had another woman, but I always forgive you…’ she pulled a paper from the file.

‘Yea right’ he chipped in, it was true Tansi was the most accommodating woman he’d ever dated.

‘But I forgive you and I am over you, you are capable of being nice Lekan, you can actually stay faithful to one woman, I guess you haven’t found her yet’ she said.
‘Where’s all this leading Tansi?’ he wondered.

‘Well, I know you have always had a thing for the arts, there’s an art exposition happening on the 25th of December at the Gallery of Arts and Culture Abuja, it’s going to feature various forms of artworks, the most appealing would be selected and awarded, after which he or she would be sent to the Da Vinci school of arts for training. This is a good one Lekan, I know the money may not mean anything to you, the prize award is a million dollars, but I know if you get chosen you would really appreciate it because I know how much you love your work’ she handed him the letter.

‘You already registered me? You didn’t ask for my consent Tansi’ he scanned the letter.

‘I don’t need your consent Lekan, I’ve been to your studio a lot, after we make love and you fall asleep, I usually sneak up there and I look at your paintings. You have a talent Lekan, please don’t kill your dreams, you can do this, I believe in you’ she held him.

‘I feel honored Tansi, I don’t know what to say’ he was broken by her kindness.

‘Say you will win, I really want the world to see your artworks’ she beamed with a smile.

‘Why are you being so nice Tansi? I cheated on you several times and I was never sorry’ he was confused.
Why would she help him?

‘You weren’t the man for me Lekan, I got carried away by your looks and status, if you were my man, if you were meant for me, you would’ve loved me and never made me cry, but I forgive you, that’s all that matters. I also want you to change your ways, flirting around isn’t the best life Lekan.’ She replied.

‘Okay, would work on that’ he replied silently not knowing what else to say.

‘Good, I want to hear you are getting married soon.’ She smiled and rose to her feet.

‘Sure, but not to Eleona’ he chuckled as he remembered their encounter.

‘Why? I thought she was your everything’ Tansi chuckled.

‘Some stories are better left untold’ he hugged her and kissed her head.

‘Better, take care Lekan, I believe in you, we’ll see in Abuja’ she winked and trotted out.

‘Damn’! Lekan threw the letter on the floor, he suddenly realized how wonderful Tansi was and how idiotic he’d been.

‘I really need to amend my ways’ he spoke aloud.

‘I believe in you’ her words encouraged him greatly, so she had secretly admired his works? It made him smile, if only his father had done same, maybe he would’ve been happier. Maybe he wouldn’t have had this anger issue.

All the feelings of emptiness fled suddenly and he was filled with hope, Someone believed in him and he wouldn’t let her down.
He walked straight into his studio and slipped on his apron. Work had begun.

He thought of his mother, how beautiful her smiles were before she’d lost her mind. He decided to draw her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by crislyn(f): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
Awwww this chapter is so touching. Good piece as always dear.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Sleyanya1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
Angelsss:

‘So did you buy me my shoes? I still remember that’ Barbie took a seat beside him, she hoped her plans worked out well, Oscar would be hers in no time’

‘I haven’t, we could go get them later today, I could do anything for you Barbs’ Oscar replied and leaned forward to kiss her.

‘Uh uh, not yet, till I say so’ she moved away from him. She didn’t want to get down with Benet, it would only complicate things for her. It was Oscar she wanted this time, Benet had served his purpose long time ago, now he would serve another purpose, with his ‘help’, Oscar would break up with Sophia.

Angelsss I didn't really grab this point . Was it a mix up of characters (Oscar and Benet ) mistakenly?
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Kimkardashain(f): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
wow. go Lekan u can do it
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by edkai: 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening fellow nairalanders. Pardon me for having to deviate from the topic...please I'd like to solicit your support on behalf of one of my protégés. I am a teacher.
Her name is Ayeni Olohije from Edo state. She is contesting for a scholarship position at the Royal Arts Academy courtesy Emem Isong. She needs as many votes as she can get right now. The contest is a very stiff one. So please help her to take a step closer to her dream of being a movie director by following her unique link below and vote for her. You are free to also drop a comment. I assure you, your vote is not wasted. Thank you and God bless you. Here is her link;
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Twinkle004(f): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
What kind of sister does that. For a sister to be so he of her own flesh and blood like that of Barbara is something else
Angelsss nice one
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Oyindawealth(f): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Dis Barbie isn't suppose to be a human.... she's suppose to be a doll instead....... She's so heartless!!!
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2017
More pls
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by tendertina: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
cum on. I can't wait to get to d end.kudos
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Toyin223(f): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wat Type Of Sister Is Dis One
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nawa ooo no update 4 2dy?
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
‘Sophia please get up, tell me everything that happened, crying wouldn’t help you. You always told me to be strong’ Kachi had arrived, the state she’d seen her friend broke her apart.

‘He is gone Kachi, he never loved me’ Sophia rose to her feet.

‘What happened’? Kachi repeated.

‘I went to ask him for the money, he acted all nice at first, then asked me to sleep with him if he must give me the money, I told him I wouldn’t and he broke up with me and said I should leave and never return’ she sobbed.

‘Shit! So is that why you’re crying? Like your whole life is over’? Kachi shook her head, men would always be men but how could Oscar pretend for so long a time?

‘I love him Kachi, I still do, I want him back’ she was surprised at her friend’s behavior.

‘Honey listen, Oscar never loved you, it’s the hard truth, how can he offer to help after having sex with you? From the beginning of your relationship, You made it clear you wouldn’t have sex before marriage, if he truly loves you like he claimed, he would respect your decision.’ Kachi knew this would hurt her friend but she would get over it soon.

‘He swore he loved me, he promised me paradise’ Sophia cried.

‘Sophia, I am surprised as you. Oscar was such a nice guy, I could vouch for him at any time, any day. But maybe this is God telling you to walk away from him now it’s early. He’s such a bastard, did you tell him we drove on such a high speed just to come see he was okay? Did you tell him that car was bashed because of his ass’? Kachi paced the room angrily.

‘Yes I did, I expected him to understand’ Sophia replied.

‘He’s such an ungrateful bastard. Forget him Sophia, he only wanted your body. And I am so glad you didn’t sleep with him’ Kachi rubbed her shoulders.

‘You know what angers me most’? Sophia asked.

‘No honey’ Kachi listened to her friend.

‘Now I’ll have to put a hold in opening the restaurant because I have to pay the lawyer’ Sophia said.

‘No, that wouldn’t happen. We would find a way out of this’ Kachi felt strongly there would be a way out.

‘How Kachi? How?’ Sophia stared hopefully at her.

‘We now have only one option’ Kachi knew this was all her fault, is she hadn’t been rude to Engineer Lekan, maybe he would’ve forgiven them. But it angered her when people tried to hurt her friend, that was unforgivable.

‘We have to see Engineer Lekan, we have to beg him’ Kachi added swiftly.
‘Okay, I pray that works out well’ Sophia felt better after speaking to her friend.

‘Where’s Barbie’? Kachi looked around.

‘She went to the mall with Benet’ Sophia replied.

‘Benet? Which Benet’? Kachi screamed.

‘My ex of course, she bumped into him at the mall and he decided to come visit me, he looks quite different’ Sophia commented.

‘Really? Keep that idiot out of your house’ Kachi hissed loudly, what was Barbie’s game?

‘Sure’ Sophia replied.

‘That’s it girl, God would bring a man that would love you so much’ Kachi encouraged her, still finding Benet’s visit quite strange.

‘Amen’ Sophia whispered softly.
‘Your sister didn’t look good back there, she was kind of uneasy like something was eating her up’ Benet brought the car to a halt.

‘That’s her problem not mine, can I have my shoes now’? Barbie wasn’t interested in what he had to say, all she could think of was Oscar.

‘Whoa, she’s still your sister you know’Oscar wondered why Barbie sounded so hostile. Yes, Sophia had cheated on him, but he had forgiven her.

‘Are you gonna give them to me or what’? Barbie hissed loudly. Benet was of no use to her, he had served his purpose.

‘Your attitude isn’t helping you know, I thought you’d change after all these years’ Barbie had a nasty character but he’d put up with her because of how beautiful she was.

‘I don’t have time for your sermon Benet, just get me the shoes let me get out of here’ she replied.

‘Won’t you step into the house at least’? Benet offered.

‘No, I want to head back home, I have lots of work to do this weekend’ Barbie declined.

‘Alright then, so when do we see next’? he was eager to make love to her.

‘Benet just get me the shoes, you’re boring me with your questions’ She was getting irritated.

‘Okay, wait here for me’ he dashed out of the car and stepped into his apartment.

‘Yea right, this would work out fine’ she fingered the pictures of Sophia and Benet sitting on the couch together, Oscar would believe her totally.

Just in time, the devil called her, her handsome devil.
She picked without hesitation.

‘My love, how are you doing’? he sounded so romantic and it tickled her ears.
‘Wow, someone’s missed me, why do you sound so nice’? she rolled her eyes.

‘I am sorry baby for disbelieving you, for doubting the love you had for me, can you come over my place’? he asked.

‘Oscar? What’s going on, you surprise me’ had he changed his mind? But he’d asked her for proof.

‘I broke up with your sister, you were right, she came asking for some money with some cock and bull story, I’ve ended things with her, I don’t need no proof any longer, just come over, I love you Barbie’ he trusted her completely.

‘Oh my God Oscar, you don’t know what this means to me’she pressed her hands to her chest, this wasn’t happening.

‘It’s real baby, come over, Your sister tricked and fed me with lies’ Oscar remarked bitterly.

‘I told you Oscar, I know I shouldn’t have exposed her like I did, but I love you too much to let you suffer’ she said.

‘No, you did that for love, I promise to cherish you and adore only you, just come over, I miss you love, I’m sorry for last night’ he begged.

‘I will, I would be there soon’ she whispered softly and ended the call on sighting Benet.
‘So here are your shoes baby’ he handed her the package.

‘Awwww, thanks darling, I really have to go now, see you later honey’ she pecked him on the head and hurried off.

‘Just like that’? he called after her, but she never looked back.
Something wasn’t right, he felt it deeply, Barbie was really acting different. Well he had been away for long, people changed.

‘I am glad you are feeling better’ Kachi was happy Sophia had stopped crying.

‘What choice do I have? It’s still like a dream, if someone told me I’ll be single by this time of the year, I wouldn’t have believed it’ Sophia sighed.

‘It’s okay, we’ll find you another man’ Kachi replied.

‘No, I’m done with men for now, let’s focus on how I’m going to pay Engineer Lekan’ she said.

‘Oh you’re still thinking about that? You should get your mind off that, there must be a way out surely, I still feel Ade isn’t being straight’ Kachi rubbed her chin.

‘You mean the lawyer? I felt so too, but what can I do? I feel so stupid that I did all that because of Oscar. I adored him so much, he was my world, my whole life’ a tear escaped and her voice vanished. Once again she became weak.

‘Hey Soph, we all make mistakes, you trusted Oscar, you’ll forget him soon, I promise’ Kachi walked up to her.

‘What angers me is why Benet chose to show up on the same day? Isn’t that like a bad omen that I may never find love’?

‘Don’t be silly love, you would find the perfect man for you one day, just relax’Kachi encouraged her.

‘So, you suggested we meet with this Engineer Lekan, how do we go about it, you don’t expect me to go alone Kachi, I cannot face him on my own’ something about the strange man unsettled her.

‘That wouldn’t be a problem, I have friends that could find information on the man, when the weekend is over, we go see him, I promise I’ll apologize to him’ Kachi assured her friend.

‘Thanks so much Kachi’ Sophia smiled and reached out for her buzzing phone.

‘Who is that’? Kachi asked as Sophia’s face brightened with a smile.

‘Who else’? Sophia smiled

‘Good afternoon Sophia, how have you been’? her aunt was the caller.

‘I am fine Aunt Davina, I am sorry I haven’t called you for a long time, I’ve been terribly busy with the shop and all that’ Sophia apologized.

‘It’s okay Aburo, how is Barbara? I tried calling her but her number was busy’? her Aunt replied.

‘She’s fine Aunt’ Sophia chuckled at the name ‘Aburo’, her aunt was fun of using that.

‘You haven’t forgotten Aburo abi, I would teach you Yoruba one of these days’ Aunt Davina replied.

‘You know what’s funny? You have never left Akwa Ibom yet you speak Yoruba fluently’ Sophia was amazed.

‘Who told you I haven’t left Akwa Ibom?, well that’s a story for another day’Aunt Davina replied.

‘Okay Aunt, do take care of yourself’ Sophia missed her aunt dearly.

‘I would visit you guys this Christmas, so prepare for my visit’ Aunt Davina

‘No problem Aunty, we’ll be expecting you’ Sophia grimaced knowing what that meant.

‘Goodbye dear’ her aunt blew her kisses and ended the call.

‘It’s been long, I miss your Aunt Soph’ Kachi smiled as she reminisced their childhood.

‘Miss her ke? She wants to pay us a visit o, and you know what that means, I wish Oscar hadn’t broken up with me just yet’ Sophia knew how her Aunt could be.
‘Yaya, she’s gonna go on and on about when we’re getting married’Kachi chuckled.

‘It’s not funny Jaire’ Sophia couldn’t find the humor

‘Don’t tell me Oscar killed your sense of humor, girl, forget that bastard, you’ll find another guy’ Kachi replied.

‘I hope so’ Sophia replied.
‘Welcome my darling’ Oscar was delighted to see her.
‘Hello handsome’ she purred sweetly and pouted her honeyed lips.

‘Barbie my love’ he drew her into his arms and she buried her hair on his shoulder.
‘Yes sugar, how are you doing’? she stared into his eyes and found them colored with desire.

‘I am sorry I doubted you Barbie, Sophia is gone, it’s you and me forever’ he scooped her into his hands and carried her to his bedroom. The sound of her giggle caused blood to rush to his groin and he felt more than happy he’d broken up with her sister, now he had all the freedom he needed.

‘Wait Oscar, are you sure you love me’? Barbie asked.

‘Yes of course, You deserve me’ he replied.

‘Good, here’s another proof that I wasn’t lying about Sophia and Benet’ she showed him the pictures she’d taken.
‘So she really chose this guy over me’? he remarked silently.
‘I am sorry Oscar, but I promise I am nothing like her, I would never hurt you’ she lied.

‘I know honey, it’s just me and you now’ he wrapped his hands round her.

‘So promise we’ll keep this between us till I am ready to face Sophia’ Barbie forced his ehad up with her index finger.

‘I promise honey, nothing can ever come between us, this would be our own secret’ he relaxed against her chest.

‘Good boy’ she rubbed his head gently and wore a mischievous smile.
This had been easier that she’d thought, Oscar had played into her hands like fish into a trap, well, she liked him but she didn’t love him, Oscar was financially buoyant and that’s all what she was after.

‘What are you thinking about’? he raised his head and observed her.
‘About kissing you’ her voice was seductive.

‘Then kiss me’ he winked, she nodded and brought her head down to his mouth, their lips met at once.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Keep following guys. Go like my page on Facebook "Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories"

2 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Toyin223(f): 12:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Angelsss:
Keep following guys. Go like my page on Facebook "Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories"
i Have Like D Page
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Auric(m): 12:23am On Aug 02, 2017
dis story makes my heart race plss more updates want to. see how Barbie ends
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 6:18am On Aug 02, 2017
More updates plsss
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Martinsvp1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
The continuation is becoming unnecessarily long...y d delay [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
sister angel pls update na , plsssss i beg you
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
Angelsss:
update plssssss, biko na beg i dey beg this suspense is killing
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:01am On Aug 05, 2017
Hello angels! sorry for the long wait! been so busy, worse...I couldn't log in for two days...
Plz go like my fb page "Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories) that's the only way you can show appreciation.Soon we will move to the permanent site.Tnx.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2017
‘I Have served your dinner’ Mrs Olaitan’s shrill voice brought him back to reality. He’d been so engrossed in the drawing, he’d poured out his whole heart, his soul, all the shadows that lurked in his childhood, everything that reminded him of his dear mother on the canvas. He’d sketched her beautiful eyes, those laughing eyes, her strong nose and her beautiful lips.

‘I’m coming’ he paused and touched the drawing, he realized evening had come as he stared into the sky.
He’d spent more than two hours in the studio, people never understood what went on with artists, once they got inspiration to do something, time was no longer of the essence, time was no longer needed, focus and passion were greater than time.
‘There you are’ he smiled sadly and dropped the pencil, he felt better after drawing her. He would show the world the woman he loved most, he would tell of her mysterious disappearance, he was sure after he was done with the work, that his drawing would be considered for the award.

As he climbed down the stairs, he realized that was the only weekend he’d spent without a woman by his side.
He smiled briefly and continued walking, he would stroll out later and get some fresh air.

‘What happened here’? he noticed the house had been decorated with Christmas lights, red and green ribbons, the air smelt of Christmas, a big Christmas tree was placed in the centre of the living room.

‘Inviting the spirit of Christmas’ the old woman smiled.
‘Nice’ Lekan paused not knowing what else to say, the chiming bells and the Christmas songs that played softly in the background brought back memories of his mother and the cupcakes she baked during Christmas. Why couldn’t he get over her?

‘You’re still thinking about her’ the woman noticed the faraway look in his eyes.

‘Take them off’ he couldn’t stand it no more.

‘What’? the woman asked gently.
‘Take them all off, all the decorations, the Christmas tree, everything’ he suddenly lost his appetite.
‘But Lekan…I only did this to make you happy’ she felt hurt.

‘I don’t care, I want all the decorations off by the time I get back’ he rushed out of the house as her laughter filled his ears, his mother had been his angel, now she was gone, she’d left him alone.

He exhaled as he stepped out of the house, the air dried the drop of tears that had fallen on his face. He’d never cried before, but the memory of his mother made him cry, why was life so cruel?
He saw the streets and how happy people looked, their faces were bright with hope, carols filled the air and he knew he couldn’t escape from the spirit of the season.
He ventured into the next street, it looked calmer, he decided to stroll for some minutes before returning to the house. He knew the old woman would feel hurt but he couldn’t help it, he did that for his own sanity.

‘Oga abeg give me small money’ a little boy rushed and clung to him, the streets weren’t well illuminated but he could see the boy’s face faintly.

‘Get away from me’ Lekan screamed in rage, the little beggar uncurled immediately and scurried off.

‘Oh shit’ he cursed as he realized what he’d done, how cruel could he be? He decided after the boy and hand him some change as he searched his pockets. Maybe Ade was right, maybe he needed to see a therapist, that was all he needed. He would do that first thing on Monday morning.

‘Hello, wait…’ he called after the beggar boy, the boy stopped and stared at him from the other side of the road.
He carefully brought the naira notes out of his pocket and decided to cross, but he’d failed to watch for cars as the street was a lonely one.

‘Oga! See dat car’ the boy screamed, but it was too late.
Lekan found himself on the ground as the bumper of the Honda jeep rammed into him and he found himself on the ground.

Oscar had left for his office as one of the clients had requested to see him urgently, so she’d decided to go home and fetch some clothes so she could stay over the weekend with him. Oscar was a very generous, she loved guys who were romantic and caring and Oscar happened to make that list.
He’d bought her a golden designers watch, Giorgio Armani design, she had been caught up in her admiration for the watch, and that little moment of carelessness, she’d felt something hit her car.
‘Oh my God, what have I done’? Barbie stepped out of her car hurriedly as people began to gather, the once empty and gloomy street was suddenly flooded with people.

‘Madam, you beta take him to the hospital o, before this man die for hia’ one of the motor cyclists advised her.

‘Please don’t die’ Barbie sobbed as she bent over the unconscious man, she held his head in her arms and checked for injuries over his body but she found none.

With the help of some men Lekan was lifted into the back of the car and she ignited the engine and drove off. It was dark and she didn’t know any hospital around that area, the town’s general hospital was an hour’s drive from there and if the man wasn’t well cared for he could die, though he wasn’t bleeding she felt the need to take him to the hospital.

She brought the car to a halt and knew she had to call her sister for help, their late mother had been a nurse, and during the time she administered treatment on her patients, Sophia had always been there, she would care for the man before they both rushed him to the hospital.

‘Hello Sophia, please I need your help urgently, I am in trouble’ she looked back at the man who slept quietly at the back of the car.

‘What trouble? I’ve been waiting all day for you, where are you Barbie’? Sophia feared for her sister’s safety.

‘I’m close to home, I just wanted to tell you to prepare the first aid kit, I really need your help Soph’ she’d never asked her sister for help before.

‘Did you have an accident? Talk to me will you? What happened’? Sophia was already nervous at the other end.

‘I’ll be home soon, I hit a man’ Barbie ended the call and slid into the car. Her house wasn’t that far from where she’d stood to receive the call.

‘Please don’t die, do you hear me’? she whispered silently as she took one glance at the handsome man.

‘What’s wrong? Why the long face’? Kachi had decided to spend the night with her friend till she felt stronger to be alone by herself.

‘It’s Barbie, she’s in trouble’ Sophia hurried into the room to get the first aid kit.

‘What kind of trouble’? Kachi wondered, she didn’t like Sophia’s younger sister, but that didn’t mean, she wished her death. If Barbie got hurt or dead, Sophia would never get over that. Sadly, the same couldn’t be said for Barbie.

‘She told me she had an accident, she hit a man, I don’t know how critical his condition is’ Sophia resurfaced with the box and other medical instruments.

‘So why doesn’t she drive him straight to the hospital? I don’t like the sound of that, what if he dies here?’ Kachi wasn’t liking the situation.

‘Uhmmm, well let Barbie arrive with the man first, if his condition is terrible, we’re taking him straight to the hospital’ Sophia sighed and fell on the cushion.

‘Don’t worry, everything would be fine’ Kachi rubbed her head gently.

‘Thanks so much for always being there when trouble comes’ Sophia breathed with relief.

‘Good, that should be her car’ Kachi peered out the window.

‘Let’s go help her’ Sophia rushed to the door and walked towards Barbie’s car.

‘Is he hurt? Is he bleeding’? Sophia asked as she neared the car.

‘No, but he wouldn’t wake up’ Barbie replied still scared.

‘I say we take him to the hospital right now, they’ll be in the proper place to tell us what’s wrong with this man’ Kachi insisted.

‘Sophia, come and help me here, at least take a good look at him, he seems fine to me, I could’ve taken him to the hospital but it’s an hour from here’ Barbie beckoned to her sister for help.

‘Fine’ Kachi shrugged and walked to the back of the car.

‘You don’t say’ Kachi’s mouth widened in surprised.

‘Engineer Lekan’! Sophia yelled as she touched his face, why was all these happening to her?

‘What’s that? Do you two know him’? Barbie wondered.

‘Barbie, you’ve put me in bigger trouble’ Sophia sighed and pulled out the man. They all walked back to the house silently.

‘Babe this isn’t good o, what if this man thinks we deliberately sent someone to knock him down, what if he sends us to prison this time’? Kachi eyed the sleeping Lekan who’d been placed on a couch.

‘God wouldn’t allow him’ Sophia said gently and began to feel his pulse. She peeled off his shirt and checked for injuries but they were none.

‘Is he dead’? Barbie asked frightfully.

‘No, he is very fine, he fainted from shock, but we’ll still have to take him to the hospital to check for internal bleeding’ Sophia replied.

‘That would be a good idea’ Kachi nodded her head.

‘I have to pick this, please excuse me’ Barbie walked away from them, Oscar had called. She needed to pick, now she felt a bit more relaxed her sister was handling the situation.

‘She’s going to pin this on you’ Kachi wrinkled her nose as Barbie walked away.

‘How? I don’t get you’ Sophia asked as she busied herself mopping Lekan’s face with cold water.

‘Sophia, I have to go now, there’s this date I have, and I cannot disappoint this guy, please take care of him for me’ Barbie bent and pecked her sister and rushed out of the house.

‘What’? Sophia was bewildered.

‘I told you’ Kachi smiled.

‘You know what I am thinking? Let’s kill this man and forget all the problems he caused us. If he is dead, we wouldn’t need to repair his car’ Kachi’s eyes glimmered wickedly.

‘What? That’s murder, I am a Christian ’Sophia was amazed at her friend.

‘Kidding, girl, brighten up, stop being too serious, life no get part two’ Kachi laughed loudly.

‘Not funny’ Sophia narrowed her eyes, she noticed a movement, he’d stretched his legs.

‘Oh please, we should take him to the hospital, your sister is a bitch’ Kachi dared to say what plagued her mind.

‘I guess I’ll have to support you this time’ Sophia remarked silently and continued mopping his forehead with her towel.

He was such an attractive man, even in his sleep.

‘I need to use the bathroom, excuse me’ Kachi walked out of the room.

‘Okay’ Sophia replied absently, she didn’t know when she’d dropped the towel, but she found herself caressing this stranger with her palms. He was so adorable, his chest was hard and well chiseled, tiny hairs sprouted like new weeds on his chest.

Her eyes travelled down the length of his body, sadly she could never have this kind of man for herself, he would never fall for someone like her.

All the memories of her relationship with Oscar danced in her head, she couldn’t hold the pain any longer, tears fell down her cheeks but she didn’t wipe them, she let it flow.

‘Why are you crying’? a voice that wasn’t hers nor Kachi’s spoke, it was the voice of the stranger.

He’d been watching her silently the whole time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Noblelass(f): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2017
Ds is really interesting, d suspense is waoh, can't wait o

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Queensiju: 12:53am On Aug 05, 2017
You are good. Sooooo good. I love the twists. Thanks for the update.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2017
Tnx dr 4 d update bt we want more kk
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Slimberry123(f): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2017
wow.. i am loving every bit if this..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+) / The Wedding Night / Bloodline.......part One[ The Family].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.