Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:48 PM

11 Reasons You Must Use Online Marketing To Grow Your Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 11 Reasons You Must Use Online Marketing To Grow Your Business (524 Views)

5 Advantages Of Using Social Media Marketing To Grow Your Business / 11 Top Must Use Wordpress Plugins For New Websites / Best Free Seo Tools You Must Use To Rank 1st Page On Google (2) (3) (4)

11 Reasons You Must Use Online Marketing To Grow Your Business by henshawjacobson(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
11 Reasons You Must Use Digital Marketing To Grow Your Business Now

There’s one particular question that I get asked a lot.

“Why should I use/invest in online marketing to grow my business?”

In this article, i want to answer the question once and for all. I will break it down, highlight the main benefits of online marketing and offer my own advice to help you decide as well as succeed in marketing your businesses online.

There is no denying that the world of digital technology and social media is having a significant impact on how we do business, behave socially or act as consumers.
According to the Nigerian Communication Commission, NCC report published on May 2016, internet users in Nigeria stood at 92,409,962 in May. The report also revealed that out of the 92,409,962 internet users, 92,280,552 were on GSM networks while 124910 were on Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA).
Also, reports from Google show that 97% of consumers use the internet to research their product or services of interest before making buying decisions. Many customers will like to visit your website, check your social media account and read reviews; they want to get information and confirmation first before they commit to the buying process. These data show the increasing power and influence of the internet in the lives of people who could be your customers, and having a strong online presence should be an important component of your marketing strategy regardless of what business you are into or the size of your business. However, if all these will still not be enough to convince you to embrace digital marketing, these 11 reasons why you should invest in digital marketing to grow your business surely will.

But before we go into that let me define digital marketing and highlight some of its key forms for the sake of those who may not be familiar with the term.

So What Is Digital Marketing?

Digital marketing is simply the use of internet infrastructures to market products or services.
Some Of The Key Forms Of Digital Marketing
*Search Engine Optimization
*Social Media Marketing
*Pay Per Click Advertising
*Email Marketing
*Influencer Marketing
*Content Marketing
*Affiliate Marketing, etc.
Now Let’s Look At The 11 Reasons Why You Should Invest In Digital Marketing To Grow Your Business
1. DIGITAL MARKETING IS COST –EFFECTIVE
You can develop and maintain a strong online presence that can potentially replace costly television, radio, newspaper and magazine advertising with little cost. With digital marketing, what you need is a solid digital marketing strategy, a little budget and a team experienced marketers. There is no set cost for online marketing and it can be tailored to suit your budget.

2. DIGITAL MARKETING ENABLES GLOBAL REACH
You will agree with me that even CNN cannot reach everywhere, but the nature of digital marketing allows businesses to reach their target markets regardless of their age, location, nationality or any other factor that might have limited them before the arrival of digital infrastructures.

3. IT’S WHERE THE CUSTOMERS ARE
Social media is where people spend time these days, Facebook alone has over 17 million Nigerian users, your target audience are also sharing their experiences on Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc. But social media is not just a platform to stay connected with friends, families or acquaintances, it also presents a golden opportunity to build relationship with your customers and encourage them to be interested in your products or services. You have to always be in the eyes of your customers for them to consider your business.

4. DIGITAL MARKETING ENABLES COMMUNICATION WITH TARGET MARKETS
Digital marketing provides a direct communication pathway between business and customers, enabling you to build relationships with your customers. Your customers can comment on your posts, send you a direct message or email and get answers to their questions immediately.

5. ENABLES TARGET ADVERTISING
One of the reasons digital marketing is overpowering traditional marketing is the ability to target advert based on factors such as gender, age, location, interest and hobbies. If you own a beauty shop, you can decide to target your advertising on female aged 18-55 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. This can be very difficult in traditional marketing like TV, radio, magazine and newspaper.

6. LEVELS THE PLAYING FIELD
Whether your company is a small start-up or an established business, you have equal chance to reach your target audience and motivate them to move to your direction. Digital marketing is not something for big brands like MTN and Zenith bank as some people think, anybody with a device and internet connection and be part of it.
7. TIME-EFFECTIVE
Digital marketing is fast and easy to start. You can set up your campaign at any time convenient for you. With easy, one-mouse-click you can get every part of your digital marketing fully automated and spend your time doing something else.

8. ENABLES REAL-TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
Your customers can contact you through your social Media business pages and email for information regarding your business, they can place order online and pay conveniently.
9.DIGITAL MARKETING IS MEASURABLE
You can track and monitor your efforts with ease, view customers response rate and measure the success of your campaign in real-time. This enables you to know what is working and what is not working and effectively plan your next campaign.

10. HELPS BUILD TRUST AND CREDIBILITY
Establishing credibility in your industry is an absolute must if you want to build a successful brand. Through content marketing strategy, you can showcase your worth, demonstrate to the public why you are an authority in your field and build trust between your company and your customer.

11. YOUR COMPETITORS ARE DOING IT AGAINST YOU
There is competition in every business, if you do a competitive analysis for digital marketing, you will find out that your competitors are influencing your potential customers to their directions online. What do you think happens every time someone type in your industry keyword or search for product or service you can offer in Google and your business is not in the search results? Of course your competitors will show in the results and they will keep getting businesses while you complain of Buhari and bad economy. If you are going to compete, you have to be where the action is, online.

The bottom line is, the digital age is here, and it’s time you embrace the new way of marketing and communication. The Time Is Now!
Meanwhile, if you don’t know where to start, or you are struggling to get the best from your digital marketing efforts, feel free to contact us today, QliqMedia. Also, feel free to let me know the challenges you are facing as regards to online marketing what you you are looking to achieve with online marketing( your goals & objectives). I'm here to help.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share!

Re: 11 Reasons You Must Use Online Marketing To Grow Your Business by cashlurd(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
henshawjacobson:
11 Reasons You Must Use Digital Marketing To Grow Your Business Now

There’s one particular question that I get asked a lot.

“Why should I use/invest in online marketing to grow my business?”

In this article, i want to answer the question once and for all. I will break it down, highlight the main benefits of online marketing and offer my own advice to help you decide as well as succeed in marketing your businesses online.

There is no denying that the world of digital technology and social media is having a significant impact on how we do business, behave socially or act as consumers.
According to the Nigerian Communication Commission, NCC report published on May 2016, internet users in Nigeria stood at 92,409,962 in May. The report also revealed that out of the 92,409,962 internet users, 92,280,552 were on GSM networks while 124910 were on Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA).
Also, reports from Google show that 97% of consumers use the internet to research their product or services of interest before making buying decisions. Many customers will like to visit your website, check your social media account and read reviews; they want to get information and confirmation first before they commit to the buying process. These data show the increasing power and influence of the internet in the lives of people who could be your customers, and having a strong online presence should be an important component of your marketing strategy regardless of what business you are into or the size of your business. However, if all these will still not be enough to convince you to embrace digital marketing, these 11 reasons why you should invest in digital marketing to grow your business surely will.

But before we go into that let me define digital marketing and highlight some of its key forms for the sake of those who may not be familiar with the term.

So What Is Digital Marketing?

Digital marketing is simply the use of internet infrastructures to market products or services.
Some Of The Key Forms Of Digital Marketing
*Search Engine Optimization
*Social Media Marketing
*Pay Per Click Advertising
*Email Marketing
*Influencer Marketing
*Content Marketing
*Affiliate Marketing, etc.
Now Let’s Look At The 11 Reasons Why You Should Invest In Digital Marketing To Grow Your Business
1. DIGITAL MARKETING IS COST –EFFECTIVE
You can develop and maintain a strong online presence that can potentially replace costly television, radio, newspaper and magazine advertising with little cost. With digital marketing, what you need is a solid digital marketing strategy, a little budget and a team experienced marketers. There is no set cost for online marketing and it can be tailored to suit your budget.

2. DIGITAL MARKETING ENABLES GLOBAL REACH
You will agree with me that even CNN cannot reach everywhere, but the nature of digital marketing allows businesses to reach their target markets regardless of their age, location, nationality or any other factor that might have limited them before the arrival of digital infrastructures.

3. IT’S WHERE THE CUSTOMERS ARE
Social media is where people spend time these days, Facebook alone has over 17 million Nigerian users, your target audience are also sharing their experiences on Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc. But social media is not just a platform to stay connected with friends, families or acquaintances, it also presents a golden opportunity to build relationship with your customers and encourage them to be interested in your products or services. You have to always be in the eyes of your customers for them to consider your business.

4. DIGITAL MARKETING ENABLES COMMUNICATION WITH TARGET MARKETS
Digital marketing provides a direct communication pathway between business and customers, enabling you to build relationships with your customers. Your customers can comment on your posts, send you a direct message or email and get answers to their questions immediately.

5. ENABLES TARGET ADVERTISING
One of the reasons digital marketing is overpowering traditional marketing is the ability to target advert based on factors such as gender, age, location, interest and hobbies. If you own a beauty shop, you can decide to target your advertising on female aged 18-55 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. This can be very difficult in traditional marketing like TV, radio, magazine and newspaper.

6. LEVELS THE PLAYING FIELD
Whether your company is a small start-up or an established business, you have equal chance to reach your target audience and motivate them to move to your direction. Digital marketing is not something for big brands like MTN and Zenith bank as some people think, anybody with a device and internet connection and be part of it.
7. TIME-EFFECTIVE
Digital marketing is fast and easy to start. You can set up your campaign at any time convenient for you. With easy, one-mouse-click you can get every part of your digital marketing fully automated and spend your time doing something else.

8. ENABLES REAL-TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
Your customers can contact you through your social Media business pages and email for information regarding your business, they can place order online and pay conveniently.
9.DIGITAL MARKETING IS MEASURABLE
You can track and monitor your efforts with ease, view customers response rate and measure the success of your campaign in real-time. This enables you to know what is working and what is not working and effectively plan your next campaign.

10. HELPS BUILD TRUST AND CREDIBILITY
Establishing credibility in your industry is an absolute must if you want to build a successful brand. Through content marketing strategy, you can showcase your worth, demonstrate to the public why you are an authority in your field and build trust between your company and your customer.

11. YOUR COMPETITORS ARE DOING IT AGAINST YOU
There is competition in every business, if you do a competitive analysis for digital marketing, you will find out that your competitors are influencing your potential customers to their directions online. What do you think happens every time someone type in your industry keyword or search for product or service you can offer in Google and your business is not in the search results? Of course your competitors will show in the results and they will keep getting businesses while you complain of Buhari and bad economy. If you are going to compete, you have to be where the action is, online.

The bottom line is, the digital age is here, and it’s time you embrace the new way of marketing and communication. The Time Is Now!
Meanwhile, if you don’t know where to start, or you are struggling to get the best from your digital marketing efforts, feel free to contact us today, QliqMedia. Also, feel free to let me know the challenges you are facing as regards to online marketing what you you are looking to achieve with online marketing( your goals & objectives). I'm here to help.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share!

Are u a digital marketer?
Re: 11 Reasons You Must Use Online Marketing To Grow Your Business by Danielwill: 9:07am On Jul 12, 2017
Somebody recommend to me what i should use to advertise my web: http://faceappapk.online/

Naija Adsense Account For Sale(serious Buyer Only) Still Avaiable / Purchasing A Domain Name / Twitter Account Needed