Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... (47343 Views)

Sirika Restructures NCAA, Sacks Directors / Positive Things Restructuring Nigeria Will Bring! - Foreign Diplomat Reveals / 10 Positive Things Restructuring Of Nigeria Will Bring - By Chief Emeka Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

Lol... I am just a simple Naija guy like you.

I no be politician at all...

It's just that we are all in this troubled country together. We just have to figure out how to move forward.
I like you sir. And I like the way you write. To find people applying their intellect to think through our problems these days is rare. Your thread is the first I've seen devoid of hatred here on NL in a long while.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

A short but very insightful contribution. I wish you elaborated more. Thanks...
By 2050(that is 33 short years from now) our population will almost double to about 350m, and we'll be the 4th populous country in the world. Now that is a ticking time bomb if we don't plan and start making things work right. It could also mean immense opportunity, because a huge percentage of that will be a youthful, productive population, coupled with a 'rising' middle class and more cash at their disposal means they'll need to buy more and more economic activity. We'll have to start growing the economy at 7% or more if we want to have a meaningful use for 350million people in 30 years time. 2 or 3 rusty, ineffective ports cannot support that destiny. That is what I was trying to point out the guy harping about Lagos going down after we restructure. Restructuring is supposed to put us on the path of immense growth, to attain our potential as a great and powerful nation. So whether we have 5 or 10 more ports, all will be well served, our sky is big enough to accomodate the birds.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

I asked you to stop being lazy and you got angry... smiley We all must learn how to do personal research to increase our value.

Lmfao.

Instead of u to admit that u have no idea bout the matter, u started calling on Google, I asked a second time n u now say am angry.

I ask again, How much does it cost to build a power plant that generates 1000MW

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

You need to be humble my brother. Your insults have no weight here. I will not tell you my tribe.

I didn't ask.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmfao.

Instead of u to admit that u have no idea bout the matter, u started calling on Google, I asked a second time n u now say am angry.

how many times do u want to ask this question?
if u have a genuine answer, why not say it and stop running around the bush.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by charlesucheh(m): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

J. S. MILL HAS A WORD FOR YOU...smiley

wuh about you? what have you got for me? huh? leave mill to rest in peace and lets talk reality.......

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Bifwoli: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

to all the pessimists here. we need to understand what the op did was quite great to give this restructuring an open discussion with clear cut analysis of would be results. it should be our yearnings as youths and knowledgeable people that Nigeria is our country and we want it to work. those politicians and looters enjoys this default setting reason because they are scared of the unknown...imagine you are in Enugu and you can travel to USA from there. you can buy a Brand new made in Nigeria car from Nnewi..you can access light rail from Lagos to Kano within hours..power supply is constant and cheap... industries springing up near raw materials like beverage industries, Michelin coming to ikenne to set up tyres manufacturing plant...
I'm so much elated to come across this thread and I believe we are the one who can make this work... we should demand this true federalism/restructuring to make individual regions compete at geometrical progression for its people growth and development.. case study. Kenya only export commodity is the Kenya coffee and flowers...Mexico proximity to USA made them the highest exporter of coffee to north America.. we can do it...
Thats a big ass lie for the simple minded.

Kenya's economy is more diversifed it is actually the biggest exporter of finished goods in the region.Uganda & Tanzania are either 2nd or 3rd largest trading partners of Kenya and that's where most finished goods are exported with USA also coming up nicely due to AGOA trade treaty.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
Trill2b:

Is this the only point your brain capacity can produce?
i dunno

Is this the maximum level your stupidity can attain?
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Zenanted(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2017
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Defcon1:

I used to have high hopes for this sorry excuse for a country, but it kept disappointing me and betraying my faith in it.

The president is still MIA.
So-called lawmakers are defying the constitution left, right and centre.
Corrupt leaders and looters will soon be given amnesty + payment of a small % of their loot.
Food and funds meant for IDP's are being diverted by well-to-do people meant to take care of them while the victims die of starvation and disease.

Insecurity.
Poor social amenities.
Poor quality education
Poor quality healthcare.
Poor power supply.
Should l keep going

In case you haven't heard, beggars will soon be paying tax.

keep your positive attitude. Good for you.
As for me, l have since lost hope in this country.
Things are even getting worse.

Q: How do you eat an elephant?
A: One bite at a time

No problem is unsolvable. Nigeria's issues are not unique. Other nations have faced it and gotten out of it. If we the youths can start doing our part little by little, it will get us there in time...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 8:56am On Jul 20, 2017
seniorkachion:

Educate me on this law and specifically as it applies to WP.

Newton's first law... Look it up...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
I like you sir. And I like the way you write. To find people applying their intellect to think through our problems these days is rare. Your thread is the first I've seen devoid of hatred here on NL in a long while.

Thanks bro... Much appreciated...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 8:58am On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmfao.

If you de try to argue/debate with me, e go hard u my brother.... No time... smiley
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
By 2050(that is 33 short years from now) our population will almost double to about 350m, and we'll be the 4th populous country in the world. Now that is a ticking time bomb if we don't plan and start making things work right. It could also mean immense opportunity, because a huge percentage of that will be a youthful, productive population, coupled with a 'rising' middle class and more cash at their disposal means they'll need to buy more and more economic activity. We'll have to start growing the economy at 7% or more if we want to have a meaningful use for 350million people in 30 years time. 2 or 3 rusty, ineffective ports cannot support that destiny. That is what I was trying to point out the guy harping about Lagos going down after we restructure. Restructuring is supposed to put us on the path of immense growth, to attain our potential as a great and powerful nation. So whether we have 5 or 10 more ports, all will be well served, our sky is big enough to accomodate the birds.

So much on point. Kudos...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2017
Jobia:
i dunno

Is this the maximum level your stupidity can attain?

grin My stupidity is more than you can imagine. I be serious mumu... cheesy
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Trill2b:

grin My stupidity is more than you can imagine. I be serious mumu... cheesy
lol, guy!! I hear.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by abdulwastecx(m): 11:27am On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmfao.

About $1billion if you are building a thermal plant
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
abdulwastecx:

About $1billion if you are building a thermal plant

It cost from 2 billion to 5 billion dollars, depending on the source of power (solar is 5 billion dollars), location, availability of land, labour costs in the country, etc.

Now apart from construction costs, it Costa around 1 million dollars to generate 1MW

Nigeria does not have 25 billion dollars lying around to build up plants totalling 8000MW, thus power generation in Nigeria is a big deal
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Trill2b:

If you de try to argue/debate with me, e go hard u my brother.... No time... smiley

Yes, it will be hard to argue wit an empty person.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

It cost from 2 billion to 5 billion dollars, depending on the source of power (solar is 5 billion dollars), location, availability of land, labour costs in the country, etc.

Now apart from construction costs, it Costa around 1 million dollars to generate 1MW

Nigeria does not have 25 billion dollars lying around to build up plants totalling 8000MW, thus power generation in Nigeria is a big deal
oga, power generation in naija is not a big deal, the problem we're facing is that the FG is overburdened by responsibilities. there was a certain time LASG wanted to generate its own electricity but the FG was against it, saying its the FG responsibility.
if 20-25 states in Nigeria can generate their own electricity like most countries do(200mw-500mw is alright per state, depending on the demand).u know it would be easier and better.

thank God LASG has kicked against the FG and will be generating her own power(there's an ongoing gas-embedded power generation project in lagos).

oyo state will soon be generating 1000mw too,if most states in Nigeria follow suit,u'll see that its not really a big problem.
take a look at the SS, gas flaring is just lavishing instead for it to be harnessed for power generation.

like what the OP said.....u eat an elephant bit by bit and not at once.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
shervydman:

oga, power generation in naija is not a big deal, the problem we're facing is that the FG is overburdened by responsibilities. there was a certain time LASG wanted to generate its own electricity but the FG was against it, saying its the FG responsibility.
if 20-25 states in Nigeria can generate their own electricity like most countries do(200mw-500mw is alright per state, depending on the demand).u know it would be easier and better.

thank God LASG has kicked against the FG and will be generating her own power(there's an ongoing gas-embedded power generation project in lagos).

oyo state will soon be generating 1000mw too,if most states in Nigeria follow suit,u'll see that its not really a big problem.
take a look at the SS, gas flaring is just lavishing instead for it to be harnessed for power generation.

like what the OP said.....u eat an elephant bit by bit and not at once.

Ur really confused.

1000MW will cost 1 trillion naira, oyo state can't build such plants. stop carrying around false stories upandan.

Power generation is a big deal because Nigeria isnanooor nation and most states(including oyo state) generate absolutely NOTHING.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur really confused.

1000MW will cost 1 trillion naira, oyo state can't build such plants. stop carrying around false stories upandan.

Power generation is a big deal because Nigeria isnanooor nation and most states(including oyo state) generate absolutely NOTHING.
u're just shouting billions,millons and co......
oyo state govt will generate 1000mw from waste and stop murmuring jare
http://energymixreport.com/oyo-signs-mou-siemens-others-generate-1000mw-waste/

u mean Nigeria is poor? well, I wont agree with that, its just mismanagement of funds.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
shervydman:

u're just shouting billions,millons and co......
oyo state govt will generate 1000mw from waste and stop murmuring jare
http://energymixreport.com/oyo-signs-mou-siemens-others-generate-1000mw-waste/

u mean Nigeria is poor? well, I wont agree with that, its just mismanagement of funds.

Nigerian budget for 2017 is 20 billion dollars.
Americans citizens budgeted 50 billion dollars for their pets.
NIGERIA IS POOR.

MOU have been signed more than 10,000 times in Nigeria to generate thousands n thousands of MW... Anyone who knows about power know say na long story.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Nigerian budget for 2017 is 20 billion dollars.
Americans citizens budgeted 50 billion dollars for their pets.
NIGERIA IS POOR.

MOU have been signed more than 10,000 times in Nigeria to generate thousands n thousands of MW... Anyone who knows about power know say na long story.
hope i'm not debating with a pessimist?

ok.....lagos will generate 3,000mw. how much will that cost since u're more concerned about money or are u an accountant? grin
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2017/02/16/ambode-targets-3000mw-24-hr-power-generation-for-lagos/
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
shervydman:

hope i'm not debating with a pessimist?

ok.....lagos will generate 3,000mw. how much will that cost since u're more concerned about money or are u an accountant? grin
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2017/02/16/ambode-targets-3000mw-24-hr-power-generation-for-lagos/

Nigeria governors / presidents have been planning, vowing, signing MOU to generate thousands of MW for over 3 decades now.
I hope u understand
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Nigeria governors / presidents have been planning, vowing, signing MOU to generate thousands of MW for over 3 decades now.
I hope u understand
ok..i understand. smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Kagawa10: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Noccerino:

I asked u if everyone in NW is Hausa and you respond by saying Hausa/fulani, mind you we have Egun and even Ijaw in ur SW.
If u agree with Hausa/fulani, then why can't you agree with Igbo/Erik
Can you now see your hypocrisy?

I don't understand this. Don't you have igala folks in Anambra and Enugu?

Moreover, Ese Odo belongs to the Yorubas. That the magnanimous Ilaje offered it to the Ijaw who were always found sleeping on the river bank after their fishing doesn't make it Ijaw land. In fact, the name Ese odo is a Yoruba word depicting how Ijaw were found at the river bank.

Only Egun land aint Yoruba land in the SW.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by ariesbull: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Cooly100:

We know all that...I just needed to know why they would be the first to have power 24/7 that other provinnce...Also if it is no big deal, why is it so difficult now...

Don't MIMD him...talk is cheap

Restructuring will benefit the east

Lag will witness capital flight
Oil companies will leave
Igbo businesses will leave
Strangers will leave
Funds will leave
And lag will be like ibadan
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by ariesbull: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

of course with billions of taxes generated by lagos...wp making sure we have one major airport and seaport in lagos...why not yes...wp is truly prepared

Don't you know that if this happens lag is will be broke ...no oil comp
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Kirgyakos(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2017
omoharry:
Nigeria will attain such height Mr pessimist by the grace of God..the best you can do is to wish for a better Nigeria becos you have no other country ..except you are benefiting from this failed administration..at least bring your own suggestion and not say it will never work.Black man with black mentality.

hw many centuries will it take us 'Mr Optimist' ?? Probably it will take eternity i guess!

Things in d past were beta dan present. So where is Naija heading
Diz is d big question we should ask ourselves
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2017
ariesbull:

Don't you know that if this happens lag is will be broke ...no oil comp

Lagos is now an oil producer o...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Fayose Orders Sit At Home, Offers Government House To Buhari / Remi Tinubu To Smart Adeyemi: 'Are You A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing?’ / Aregbesola Reacts To Results Emanating From Osun APC Guber Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.