Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... (47473 Views)

Sirika Restructures NCAA, Sacks Directors / Positive Things Restructuring Nigeria Will Bring! - Foreign Diplomat Reveals / 10 Positive Things Restructuring Of Nigeria Will Bring - By Chief Emeka Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
supereagle:
Kudos to you. The OP is a good researcher.

Thanks. Much appreciated...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Defcon1:

Spot on.
Truer words were never spoken, brother.
This country is a bloody joke!

Your negative mindset is not what Nigeria needs...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
skylane:
This is the best thread av eva set my eyes on this forum since I registered 2012,so we still have sane ppl on dis forum? Well it wud be a gud thing to be restructured,let's 4get who will frst get power or sea port let's talk about how we are going to agitiate for this restructuring we the youths should commout and tell this our leaders we need it and we need it fast,its now time they hear our voice,the take it to the Nass,

Much appreciated... cool cool cool
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
laurel03:

no region in Nigeria that will not survive... kenya largest export is just coffee and they are doing better.

True words...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
shervydman:

will it not be better if all regions/states have booming businesses too instead of Lagos to covet all of it?

Obviously it will...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by abdulwastecx(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

During the last regional government, Some state like my state were cheated, Our leaders then carry the proceeds of Cocoa from Ondo/Ekiti to build Ibadan, built 25 stories , built OAU, start Investment, but the sources of the money left unattended to.

There was no such thing as Ondo state during the period of regional government, I am from present day Ondo state. Majority of cocoa plantation comes from present day Ondo state, Ekiti, osun, edo, Ogun and part of oyo state. Ibadan was just the then capacity and all the region felt the impact through free education, road development etc.

The second major source of income comes from present day edo and delta state which were part of old western region.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
RighteousI:
The op only wishes.
Here's what wll happen:
The southwest will probably be the least unsuccessful since at least they don't fight much and they have lagos.

Biafra will be a gangster territory where it will be "shoot me, I shoot you". Nnamdi kanu will quickly be overthrown, robbery and kidnapping will reign.

The south south people haven lost the "nigerian protection" will be exploited more by international conspirators in order to loot their oil and this will lead to a "blood diamond" type of country. Oil doesn't mean they will be rich. Equitorial guinea has loads of oil and a very tiny population numbering in their thousands but yet the citizens are still poor.

The north will be invaded by all those madrasas, terrorist and you will have an afghanistan type of country. Boko haram will be given hope by the restructuring idea that they too can one day have their own breakaway caliphate. Do you think the saudis will love the north just because they are muslims? Do you think they care about black africans?

The middle belt will just be poor.

Beware of posters like this, it was posters like this that created false write ups that encouraged people to vote for change.
And now the change has come. I used to buy a kilo of chicken for 500 naira in jonathans time, now it 1000 naira, is that not change?
You want to breakaway because you believe the economic situation is bad right?
Don't worry, you will go from frying pan to fire, people will be buying cars with chickens instead of money after you do your so called restructuring. That's how inflated your economies will be.

Your negativity can not help us move forward...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
michaelandre:
nice opinion but I dont agree with u. u make it seem like if nigeria is restrutre lagos would be totally empty hahaha. and they would be nobody to pay tax lolz. the best thing that would ever happen to lagos is population reduction . lagos is fucking over populated . lagos state would not shrink if nigeria is restructured I totally believe it would be "the best thing to ever happeb in the history of lagos". lagos state has a population of about 20million people even if everybody leaves lagos and the population of lagos reduce ti 5million (which is IMPOSSIBLE) nothing would happen to lagos infact there would be more jobs and less crime and lagos would be more cleaner wnd safer

You have a point there...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

to all the pessimists here. we need to understand what the op did was quite great to give this restructuring an open discussion with clear cut analysis of would be results. it should be our yearnings as youths and knowledgeable people that Nigeria is our country and we want it to work. those politicians and looters enjoys this default setting reason because they are scared of the unknown...imagine you are in Enugu and you can travel to USA from there. you can buy a Brand new made in Nigeria car from Nnewi..you can access light rail from Lagos to Kano within hours..power supply is constant and cheap... industries springing up near raw materials like beverage industries, Michelin coming to ikenne to set up tyres manufacturing plant...
I'm so much elated to come across this thread and I believe we are the one who can make this work... we should demand this true federalism/restructuring to make individual regions compete at geometrical progression for its people growth and development.. case study. Kenya only export commodity is the Kenya coffee and flowers...Mexico proximity to USA made them the highest exporter of coffee to north America.. we can do it...

Thanks my brother. Let us keep this discussion going. Nigeria is not a lost cause at all.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nature8:

Wonderful, but...

Of course there are many buts. Let us move ahead regardless of the challenges...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
Now this is how to sell what Nigerians will buy. I like the way you write. What you didn't include is how to get there. Stripping this f****d constitution and formulating another(or adopting 1963s), making the political system more open, etc. I have a feeling you're part of Atiku's team(just a gut feeling, no biggie).

Lol... I am just a simple Naija guy like you.

I no be politician at all...

It's just that we are all in this troubled country together. We just have to figure out how to move forward.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
Some will move if other places offer better incentives and it helps their business. But it is good. Very good.

Yep. You're right...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
Dream.Plan.EXECUTE.MakeMistakes.Learn. Do it Again.
The present system hasn't worked in about 60years, it is not working, there's no single indication it will ever work... And time is running out, FAST!

Agreed. We need a different approach to get different results...

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
RoyalPriesthuud:
For an economy the size of Nigeria and where we'll be(in population terms) by 2050 according to reliable projections, 1 or 2 ports shows unseriousness on our part. The US and the UK has more than 20 busy seaports each. Lagos status as a commercial capital will hardly change though.

A short but very insightful contribution. I wish you elaborated more. Thanks...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
RegalD:
There seems to be a problem with this system.
Centralization of power will be a stumbling block here. Someone out of one of the 6 regions will be the president, rebellion is bound to occur if there is perception of cheating/bigotry by the other region
s.
Arabs patnering with NORTH..........

No system is perfect, but some systems may be better to solve a particular problem...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

Power generation is no big deal where there's capital and political will. Negotiations and deals will be made to get it done.

I'm still asking, U said power generation is no big deal and I asked how much does 1000MW costs and u went mute.

I'm still asking, How much will to cost to generate 1000MW including running costs...........
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

You can do that research yourself online. Google is your friend. smiley

U have now displayed that u have no idea what it costs, next time. don't come here to say that power generation is no big deal.

It's a fuckiin big deal, it costs a very very huge amount of money, a massive amount of time, a massive amount of land, And a massive amount of technical know-how.

Energy generation ain't putting on generators to power a house.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
Amberon11:
Everything is wrong with the constitution.

In any case, the constitution has to be amended to enable restructuring to take place.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jobia:
Dunno how else to put it, but this is bullz

Is this the only point your brain capacity can produce?
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

bros pls how old are u

""dont u wanna go back to ur region again?""

Where in the world does a restructure/starting up regional government mean that igbos will leave the SW

Seriously there's a need for age restriction on nairaland.

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
oshyno:
I have followed this discussion from first page to last and I must say , this is the best saner and brilliant discussion on restructuring I have seen on nairaland ever. Most people are civil here .kudos op.

I was having a discussion with my cousin about some topic and he kept saying are we going to import people from Mars .that the masses are the problem.

Truth is [B]the merit of restructuring far outweighs the demerits[/B]. Politicians are ready to kill to get there because the money just keeps coming. Nobody workd for anything.It just keeps coming.Every month the governors send the accountant general to go get the money.

But with restructuring they will even be afraid to vie for election bcuz woe betide you wen other regions are paying their workers and all you can do as a governor is excuse. Restructuring will give room for technocrats. Quality leaders who like success.

Serious competition. Imagin SW and SE that have little oil.if SW increases their minimum wage, you would look like a dunce, incompetent mofo if ur in charge of SE without increasing the workers wage too.

Everybody is looking at abuja but with restructuring it brings the focus closer. Tax regime will be so stiff in all regions and that will force citizens to be more critical about the government. Everybody will become interested with what you do with his tax bcuz right now we all feel what they looting is free oil money.
Thanks...

Wow. We have some crazy smart guys here o... smiley We all should start thinking in this direction...

Kudos...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
mars123:
Nothing wrong with the constitution? Isn't the clamor for restructuring today because of a failed system of government?

If you go check history you will see that Nigerians were okay with the groundnut pyramids, palm oil etc. The naira was greater than the dollar. Because of a system were the regions were giving the federal government 50% each and the government will in turn share 20% of that percentage to the regions and make do with 30%.

But ever since the military came in and forced a unitary system of waste and consumption, and the civilian regime adopted it in the 1999 constitution where has it taken us to?

Agreed
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
seniorkachion:

It's about developing new hubs. I know the SW will reject this kind of restructuring. The big growth will be in the other regions. SW will experience initial decline followed by sluggish growth.

The law of inertia will keep the WP strong...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
shervydman:

best summarization so far too..........kudos.

I agree...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Defcon1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

Your negative mindset is not what Nigeria needs...
And where has your positive mindse
t got Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Then u must be Zulu.

You need to be humble my brother. Your insults have no weight here. I will not tell you my tribe.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

U have now displayed that u have no idea what it costs, next time. don't come here to say that power generation is no big deal.

It's a fuckiin big deal, it costs a very very huge amount of money, a massive amount of time, a massive amount of land, And a massive amount of technical know-how.

Energy generation ain't putting on generators to power a house.

I asked you to stop being lazy and you got angry... smiley We all must learn how to do personal research to increase our value.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Trill2b(m): 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
Defcon1:

And where has your positive mindse
t got Nigeria??

Think a bit about your question. The answer is not far...
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Defcon1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

Think a bit about your question. The answer is not far...

I used to have high hopes for this sorry excuse for a country, but it kept disappointing me and betraying my faith in it.

The president is still MIA.
So-called lawmakers are defying the constitution left, right and centre.
Corrupt leaders and looters will soon be given amnesty + payment of a small % of their loot.
Food and funds meant for IDP's are being diverted by well-to-do people meant to take care of them while the victims die of starvation and disease.

Insecurity.
Poor social amenities.
Poor quality education
Poor quality healthcare.
Poor power supply.
Should l keep going

In case you haven't heard, beggars will soon be paying tax.

keep your positive attitude. Good for you.
As for me, l have since lost hope in this country.
Things are even getting worse.
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by ladiguy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
abdulwastecx:

There was no such thing as Ondo state during the period of regional government, I am from present day Ondo state. Majority of cocoa plantation comes from present day Ondo state, Ekiti, osun, edo, Ogun and part of oyo state. Ibadan was just the then capacity and all the region felt the impact through free education, road development etc.

The second major source of income comes from present day edo and delta state which were part of old western region.
The first Cocoa plantation were in Ogun state,Agege area and Oyo state and other sites. The farming was shifted to Ondo and Ekiti when the land was no more viable for Cocoa farming. Still one reigon , one love .
Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by seniorkachion(m): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
Trill2b:

The law of inertia will keep the WP strong...
Educate me on this law and specifically as it applies to WP.

1 Like

Re: 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... by Temidayo9(m): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Tell me which state that is rich in Cocoa than present Ondo state in Nigeria? Indanre LG alone is more rich in Cocoa than Edo and Delta combine.
Am talking with Fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’ / Fayose Plays Table Tennis With Guys On The Street Of Ekiti (Photos) / Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.