Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria (26508 Views)

Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
cococandy:
I'm going to come at this from a different angle and I know many people will start sweating when they read my post but I don't really care because it's true.

The major culprit in population explosion especially in third world countries is patriarchy.
The idea that a man's name has to be perpetuated makes couples have children even if deep down, they really do not want children. In fact everyone is raised to never consider the option of staying childless.

Is anyone on this thread going to claim they've never heard 'who will continue the father's name?' Like the man when he dies will be aware of anyone bearing his name or not.

The women are railroaded into this ego trip by being made to feel worthless when they aren't married or when married and their bodies can't be put to use to perpetuate the man's name.

Don't even get me started on people looking for male children while having their 7th girl and impregnating other women outside in their bid for the male gender.

Argue all we want, this contributes 50% (in my opinion) to the population explosion. At least from my experience growing up.

You are entitled to your opinion but the facts are ranged against you.

The major reasons for population explosion in Nigeria and similar countries is poverty (the poor have more children, simple) and high fertility of black people combined with improving heath care.
Patriachy does play a role, it is easy to imagine a different demographic outcome in a world where women are in power. In this real world, it is less prominent than the above listed factors.
The most compelling evidence for poverty and illiteracy for example is that Zamfara which is about the poorest state in Nigeria the average woman has 7.7 children. Same approximate figures for Yobe, and Jigawa and even poorer parts of Southern Nigeria. These same patterns are reproduced everywhere else in the world where studies have occurred.

More evidence: Take a 35 year old female bank manager and another 35 year old (female) akara seller on the street. They are essentially the same stock. No difference in biology there. The main distinguishing factors are in educational attainment and socio-economic status. But while the akara seller, in pursuit of a male child, will bear nine children, the bank manager will not. Both have the same reproductive aspirations, both come under societal pressure, but each achieves her goals in different ways.
Why ?

Can you see how quickly the case for patriarchy collapses ?
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by peterphd(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
cococandy:

Pen*s envy grin

I'll pass. No use having an organ that renders some of the owners senseless when they need sense the most
Says the one who loves a penis..
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Corson: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Blue3k:
Interesting article I guess if they do a better job educating the girls and improving economy the rates will reduce. The reasons they want children is due to pride and using kids as retirement plan.

I couldn't agree more. It is not just about educating the girls only, but educating everybody. It takes two to tango.

You can't focus on one side and alienate the other.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by kennyblack94: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
linked:
Yes encourage them to be making more babies at the detriment to their health. For each baby born after the fourth by a woman the risk of maternal about 10%.

Nigeria already has one of the worst maternal mortality ratio in the world at 814/10000 women. Believe me, even that figure is an underestimate as much of these deaths are not reported.

Yes, continue to encourage them to produce children they cannot adequately carter for as they grow to become social deviants..

Your position is simply RIDICULOUS

Am against child marriage but ironically I know where you coming from..many Africans repeating the international propaganda against Africa would say things like:
#1. “Africa doesn’t have the infrastructure to care about its population, that’s the reason why people say Africa is overpopulated”
RESPONSE: “So the USA and Europe first created their infrastructures (roads, hospitals, social security, police forces), then europeans men and women say “now we have everything to make more babies” and then they started to make more babies to use those infrastructures, right?
Is that how the population grew up in Europe to fit the available infrastructures?”
#2. “Africa population is small, and Africa still can not feed it, that’s why we say the continent is overpopulated”.
RESPONSE: “So after my article, you are now changing the argument about africa population. It’s not anymore that Africans are too many, but they are very few and they still can not feed themselves, right?
Son of bitch, listen, like money if you have little of it you can not do much with it. Humans are resources for societies to build up. When they are too little like in Africa, incentive for healthy competitiveness and drive is absent. The biggest issue here is that Africa population is too little.”
#3 “Overpopulation is about bad governance. Africa has bad governance, even if it has the resources to feed its population. Europe is overpopulated but has good governance, so it’s not technically overpopulated”.
RESPONSE: “Well, well, well. here we go again with another sophistry. So, Europe population started growing only after europe got good governance, good presidents, good kings and priests, right?
You, Stupid CA (Colonized African), you’d repeat any propaganda thrown at your little brain. Europe population grew out of control during the dark age, when famine was rampant, diseases everywhere, and the church was selling holy water to cure diseases.
Reason, why once they discovered more rich lands in America, Asia, Africa, they were millions to flee to have something to eat. Reason why there are today more Europeans outside of Europe than in Europe, their original habitat. If you’d bring those immigrants back to Europe, you’ll have a good idea of European over-copulation and uncontrolled birth rate.
The events did not happen in the steps that first Europe got good governance, then ask their women to make more babies because they are now ready to welcome more people.
Population growth ALWAYS precedes any infrastructure or good governance. We can even argue that population growth is always the trigger for good governance, because you need to manage better.
#4. “Europe is not overpopulated, people just love to go live in big cities. there are not so big cities in Africa”.
RESPONSE: So, you are saying first Europeans built empty cities, then ask people in rural areas to make more babies and send them to the cities, right?
Your brain seem to be toasted by low level education and voluntary stupidness. Go help yourself!
#5. “Africa is technically overpopulated, because it could not sustain itself. That’s the definition we should have for overpopulation.”
RESPONSE: I’m happy my article is making you change the definition of overpopulation overnight. Thanks for your open mindedness. Now who told you Africa could not sustain its population?
I’m sad to say, so many Africans have left their mind into the hand of propagandists which had made them into remotely controllable human beings. Most act as unpaid lawyers and defenders of the colonial masters and would repeat anything they would tell them as true.
CAs (Colonized Africans) are the most dangerous people for African renaissance. Check the dogs they have at home.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by nkemdi89(f): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
thorpido:
Best will be relative because it will depend on the individual and the objectives but the ones that are long term are the sterilization,implants,IUCD and the pills.Short term are the condoms,diaphragm and pills.

EC will work if used within 5 days after unprotected sex.It is however not to be used as a regular contraceptive.
Thank you.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Vernor(m): 12:44am On Jul 14, 2017
I love this write up, I have thought alot about it but I may not be able to convince you but I believe the westerners have bad plan 4 us. Let me start by saying i learnt a course while in school Sep001 & 2 . I was inform then that drugs is not too good because of the chemical used in producing it its better to sleep or rest was further informed that which is why most doctors dont use drugs was further informed that drugs will do what its required but will damage parts of the body. Since then i have been weary of drugs . To win anything in life you need God and numbers , the westerners make plan in excess of what they need they sell to us they make most money not more mention anything drugs, comsumables, on computer, phones just name it , their market is here with all d resources at our disposal we will displace them they do everything in their power to surpress any progress give us aids for our thinking to stop using our leaders to reduce budget for education, giving them and their families better treatment to forsake us. Have u taken time to think about hiv aids when they started also ebola its a plot to weaken us at all cost. On the topic of how many have u heard the effect of the so called drugs they give all manners of excuses to say it's just blood or bla bla bla if not for school fees and bad economy I for born at least 5 but school fees but for me and my family family contraceptive is not an option.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Exciton(m): 3:19am On Jul 14, 2017
The major problem isn't even the current high population that we have or the fact that it's growing. As long as the society is developing and advancing, the population growth trend follows a similar pattern - growth, saturates, then drops.

The problem is the HIGH PROPORTION of the unskilled/uneducated/illiterate (a fücking huge % if you compare with current education standards and not the Victorian era literacy standard that we use - being able to read and write). And the higher this proportion, across generations, the poorer the society becomes. That's the real worry!

Everything is down to poor education, poor skill acquisition. Patriarchy, irrational religious and cultural beliefs, and poverty induced chicken-like baby making, are all ultimately a result of poor education.

The enlighted one will realise that a male dominated society is of no advantage in our current information age, won't fall for stupid religious dogma, knows history and therefore knows that culture isn't sacrosanct, and can shape his/her culture. More of his/her time is allocated to problem solving, leaving little time (unlike the poor unskilled one) to make 30 babies etc.

As an example, poor sex education is probably our leading cause of "baby-mamas" in our part of the world. In our male dominated society, common sense should dictate that sexually active women should be on pills as it's their future that's mainly affected but even our prejudiced doctors will scare them against it, claiming horrible side effects; meanwhile, it's standard practice everywhere in the world.

So, you see, we are basically raising a 200 million stong army of poorly educated liabilities who lack the skills to dominate the world, to create value and wealth from her environment talkless of being able to survive extinction events, to spread, terraform and colonise other planets, or to attain the "singularity" dream predicted by futurists.

They, in turn, will pop out more babies destined to be poorly educated and lacking in creativity as their parents and teachers haven't the skill nor the knowledge to adequate equip these next gen babies. Hell, most Naija parents raise mental slaves, beaten into submission, always "respecting" (worshipping) elders, incapable of independent thought. This only serves to weaken our children.

A warning: democracy isn't very old, neither is the respect for sovereignty nor the charter of fundamental human rights. It will be naive of us to think these ideas will last forever. It's smart to make our nation strong and independent to avoid being dominated, or worse enslavement/extinction.

In sum, until we standardize our educational system, empowering our next gen with skills for survival - critical thinking, empathy, logic, creativity, STEM geared towards the next big things [like AI, nanoscience, Data Analytics, Genetic engineering, space exploration etc], the art of learning how to learn, history, moral and political philosophy, and economics. Until we start an intellectual revolution, make evidence based arguments and decisions, expel our strongly held "gerontocratic" beliefs etc, our society will remain weak and always in danger of extinction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 4:32am On Jul 14, 2017
Please wear condom and don't make your wife carry five or more pregnancies. 5 is too much in our present days.

Vernor:

On the topic of how many have u heard the effect of the so called drugs they give all manners of excuses to say it's just blood or bla bla bla if not for school fees and bad economy I for born at least 5 but school fees but for me and my family family contraceptive is not an option.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:58am On Jul 14, 2017
I said similar thing almost a year ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

Good to see my message spreading like wild fire cheesy

Exciton:

The problem is the HIGH PROPORTION of the unskilled/uneducated/illiterate (a fücking huge % if you compare with current education standards and not the Victorian era literacy standard that we use - being able to read and write). And the higher this proportion, across
The enlighted one will realise that a male dominated society is of no advantage in our current information age, won't fall for stupid religious dogma, knows history and therefore knows that culture isn't sacrosanct, and can shape his/her culture. More of his/her time is allocated to problem solving, leaving little time (unlike the poor unskilled one) to make 30 babies etc.

In sum, until we standardize our educational system, empowering our next gen with skills for survival - critical thinking, empathy, logic, creativity, STEM geared towards the next big things [like AI, nanoscience, Data Analytics, Genetic engineering, space exploration etc], the art of learning how to learn, history, moral and political philosophy, and economics. Until we start an intellectual revolution, make evidence based arguments and decisions, expel our strongly held "gerontocratic" beliefs etc, our society will remain weak and always in danger of extinction.[/b]

cool cool
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Exciton(m): 5:51am On Jul 14, 2017
Gerrard59:
I said similar thing almost a year ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

Good to see my message spreading like wild fire cheesy

cool cool

My stance couldn't be further apart from yours. I advocate for compulsory quality education for the betterment of our society, not eugenics.

Eugenics is stupid and inhuman, rooted in the flawed ideology of Darwinism. People will always see reason as to why they are superior to another group; thus, rationalizing their choice to seek means to dominate/wipe out another group. So, IMO, in the long run you either end up with a dystopian society or a violent and unstable one. Either won't help the survival of the human species.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by dfrost: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2017
carammel:

Nigerian man? Do vasectomy while living in Nigeria? Lol.

Why not? Don't generalise please. As early as 22, I've always thought of vasectomy. Infact when one of my best friends left Nigeria, I told him that when it gets to that stage, he'll have to be back and do it personally by himself.

Most people are enlightened joor.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by jaszplus12(m): 9:19am On Jul 14, 2017
carammel:

In addition to this, once a woman starts running away from sex, then the man begins to threaten "i will go after other women o", some women do not care and from here,the man gets another woman pregnant and the population keeps increasing
I think government or bodies in charge of the family planning programme should make vasectomy compulsory for men's if they're actually want to control population :Did,a woman shouldn't be the only one to face the consequence of doing family planning.
right!
lots of times women don't help matters especially when the man hardly shows concern about impregnating his wife. a woman will run away from sex claiming tiredness or for frivolous reasons like "is sex food?"
I honestly believe that a couple should truly and wholly be one...in thoughts and deed especially in raising kids. so BOTH should discuss together and go together for counsel and when a choice of contraception is made they should also be there for each other. most men just feel its a woman's duty to determine how and when to protect herself from conception and unfortunately most women feel I should not tell my husband I'm not pregnant o after all we've been having sex regularly!
sort yourselves out!! that way no unwanted pregnancy no population explosion!

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2017
Family planning is all about self control. You will some of these people brought innocent kids to struggling to unfriendly world, with excuses that they, "THEY DON'T ENJOY USING GOLD PACKS OR CDs".
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2017
omohayek:

Most Nairalanders have nothing worthwhile to contribute to topics like this, hence the lack of responses. You might as well have written an essay on the Kantian categorical imperative, or the shortcomings of the Solow growth model, that's how little sense the whole issue will make to the poorly educated hordes who frequent this forum.

Well spoken,
Most Nigerians are either illiterate or educated-illiterates!
over 90% of Nigerians have the mental intelligence of apes.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2017
cococandy:
I'm going to come at this from a different angle and I know many people will start sweating when they read my post but I don't really care because it's true.

The major culprit in population explosion especially in third world countries is patriarchy.
The idea that a man's name has to be perpetuated makes couples have children even if deep down, they really do not want children. In fact everyone is raised to never consider the option of staying childless.

Is anyone on this thread going to claim they've never heard 'who will continue the father's name?' Like the man when he dies will be aware of anyone bearing his name or not.

The women are railroaded into this ego trip by being made to feel worthless when they aren't married or when married and their bodies can't be put to use to perpetuate the man's name.

Don't even get me started on people looking for male children while having their 7th girl and impregnating other women outside in their bid for the male gender.

Argue all we want, this contributes 50% (in my opinion) to the population explosion. At least from my experience growing up.

Far from it,
The main (yes 90% reason) is religion.
Nigerians simply believe that god is capable of providing for as many children as they produce. overpopulation is celebrated as god's gift.
like morons (and despite the fact god never shows up), they maintain that belief that god will finally assist or provide a heaven in paradise for their flock.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2017
blame Religion every Nigerian is praying to give birth to twins, triplets, quadruplets and no one is asking or concerned on how these children will be taken care of and when you bring that issue up they will answer GOD will provide!, God has become the answer to every problem in nigeria NO more common sense! Nigerians popping out children and sitting back and waiting for God to buy them food and cloths.

one of my tenants has not paid me tent for nearly 3 years he has 4 children all he keep telling me is God will provide while he lazy about in my property he is also work shy.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 10:02am On Jul 14, 2017
Martin0:
just imagine,am surprise that not even poverty or illiteracy was included,well I also ve the view of (illiteracy) Illiteracy:
The greatest obstacle in the way of the family
planning is the wide spread illiteracy found in marriage.
Due to illiteracy the majority of the population does
not know the significance of family planning. They
will not be able to understand the significance of
family planning till they are educated.

NOPE: Nigerians have more university degrees than any other black groups in the world.

The problem is religion, a simple case of (some) god made the children happen and will also provide for them.

You can ask a professor of chemical engineering or a medical doctor of Nigerian DNA and the answer is the same - primitive mentality!
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
win3k:

NOPE: Nigerians have more university degrees than any other black groups in the world.

The problem is religion, a simple case of (some) god made the children happen and will also provide for them.

You can ask a professor of chemical engineering or a medical doctor of Nigerian DNA and the answer is the same - primitive mentality!

While religion does play a part its not the biggest factor as far as i am.concsrned. America is still a religious country yet it's still the wealthiest country in the world. South Korea is a religious nation also yet they have been able to pull themselves out of poverty to being a highly developed country.
The problem for the most part is lack of good quality education and economic prospects after school. Trust me, if a lot of this women had good careers like women do in Japan or Europe the fertility rate will plummet.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Exciton:

My stance couldn't be further apart from yours. I advocate for compulsory quality education for the betterment of our society, not eugenics.

Eugenics is stupid and inhuman, rooted in the flawed ideology of Darwinism. People will always see reason as to why they are superior to another group; thus, rationalizing their choice to seek means to dominate/wipe out another group. So, IMO, in the long run you either end up with a dystopian society or a violent and unstable one. Either won't help the survival of the human species.

This right here.

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennyblack94:
From village to village, from city to city, we are spreading the message to Africans to make more babies.
We are warning them to fear Ngos and our own governments financed by Europeans to erase Africans from Earth.
We are informing them about how Afghans and Pakistanis fought those NGOS.
TALK to your family and friends about black people extermination plans carried by Europeans and their institutions.
If you are Europeans and have friends and families who go to Africa to take part in those racial war, discourage them.
The truth is Africa doesn't need Europe. There are more Europeans living in Africa and off Africa, than Africans living in Europe.
The immigrants crisis in the Mediterranean Sea is a Public relations crisis organized to justify in the eyes of European populations the eugenics, racial policies to be soon carried on.
I know, the message is spreading in our families already but we need to be more active, proactive.
Use any opportunity to inform your friends and families.
Beyond all encourage them to make more babies.
If they have planned only two, empower them to make 4 or 5.
If they have planned four, empower them to make 7.
Population growth is the solution, not the problem. Just ignore your own government propaganda. Be wary of Western financed NGOS.

What is this one talking about? So people should continue to have kids that they can't take care of? Then those kids will be running to Europe in the near future to beg for asylum? What's the point of having kids if you can't take good care of them and provide them with a good quality education? Uhn?

2 Likes

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
linked:
Improving the practice of family planning curbing rapid population growth in Nigeria requires a comprehensive approach that factor these undying problems:
1. Teenage marriage- 20 % of Nigerian women get marriage by age 15 and subsequently become sexually active. Imagine how many babies they would produce all through their reproductive years. A policy prohibiting early teenage marriage may be the way to go.

2. Lack of Education: Educated people make less babies. Why? because they know the benefits. Basic education that include sexuality education should be compulsory for all.

3. Poverty: Ironically, family planning is believed to help reduce poverty but on the flip side, how would you expect an indigent couple who are unemployed to always spend their pass time??

Although seemily different, these factors are intertwined intertwined.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennyblack94:

Mawuna Remarque Koutonin
This Map, anyone could easily verify, tells it all.
Bigger population, higher density of population means development, economical growth.
Look at Africa empty continent.
The only parts of Africa growing economically are those with high density of population.
Africa population growth is the solution, not the problem.
Don't listen to European racist governments which are doing everything to kill more Africans and depopulate further the continent.
Making more baby is the solution.
Don't listen to stupid Africans either.
But careful of Africa DEpopulation NGOs financed by Europeans which are sterilizing in mass girls at schools. Share the information with your family and friends. Ask them to wash the poisonous mosquito nets before using them. Be aware!!

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Vernor:
I love this write up, I have thought alot about it but I may not be able to convince you but I believe the westerners have bad plan 4 us. Let me start by saying i learnt a course while in school Sep001 & 2 . I was inform then that drugs is not too good because of the chemical used in producing it its better to sleep or rest was further informed that which is why most doctors dont use drugs was further informed that drugs will do what its required but will damage parts of the body. Since then i have been weary of drugs . To win anything in life you need God and numbers , the westerners make plan in excess of what they need they sell to us they make most money not more mention anything drugs, comsumables, on computer, phones just name it , their market is here with all d resources at our disposal we will displace them they do everything in their power to surpress any progress give us aids for our thinking to stop using our leaders to reduce budget for education, giving them and their families better treatment to forsake us. Have u taken time to think about hiv aids when they started also ebola its a plot to weaken us at all cost. On the topic of how many have u heard the effect of the so called drugs they give all manners of excuses to say it's just blood or bla bla bla if not for school fees and bad economy I for born at least 5 but school fees but for me and my family family contraceptive is not an option.

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2017
davidif:

While religion does play a part its not the biggest factor as far as i am.concsrned. America is still a religious country yet it's still the wealthiest country in the world. South Korea is a religious nation also yet they have been able to pull themselves out of poverty to being a highly developed country.
The problem for the most part is lack of good quality education and economic prospects after school. Trust me, if a lot of this women had good careers like women do in Japan or Europe the fertility rate will plummet.

That research was concluded a long time ago so you are a bit late.

Religion is the single biggest factor affecting civlilization and development in Nigeria. Nigerians value religion, God, Allah and the afterlife more than degree!
Religious belief that a god exists and can change their fortunes has contributed to lack of family planning, no innovation and lack of commonsense!
America and many parts of the world are religious but it is in parallel with commonsense, undertsanding of what god can do and cannot do. In Nigeria the people believe god will punish thieving politicans so they do not fight hard for justice, they believe god will feed their overpopulated households so they do not do family planning, they believe god will provide jobs and food so they are not proactive in those areas. religion and god has created the most populated lazy and stupid people on earth - called Nigeria!

commonsense is more valuable than education, that is what the rest of the world has over Nigeria! I tell you why, Nigerians are the most educated black group on EARTH! GO AND CHECK IT! - almost every street in Nigeria has families with degree holders, even in Northern Nigeria! Degree is a big thing in Nigeria but a "TYPICAL" Nigerian degree holder whether from ABU Zaria, uniBen or Havard is a walking mor0n where commonsense is concerned. science, innovation, politics, social life and economics is soon converted to the "work of god" once the discussions starts!

The same Nigeria has the highest number of educated-illiterates (locally and internationally schooled) - most educated Nigerians lack commonsense due to their application of god and religion in all aspects of their lives! A 19 year old Chinese kid will be an expatriate before a Nigerian professor due to religious stupidity!

Religion is number one destroyer of anything Nigeria, NOT EDUCATION!
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by salesforce: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2017
Ok
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
win3k:

That research was concluded a long time ago so you are a bit late.

Religion is the single biggest factor affecting civlilization and development in Nigeria. Nigerians value religion, God, Allah and the afterlife more than degree!
Religious belief that a god exists and can change their fortunes has contributed to lack of family planning, no innovation and lack of commonsense!
America and many parts of the world are religious but it is in parallel with commonsense, undertsanding of what god can do and cannot do. In Nigeria the people believe god will punish thieving politicans so they do not fight hard for justice, they believe god will feed their overpopulated households so they do not do family planning, they believe god will provide jobs and food so they are not proactive in those areas. religion and god has created the most populated lazy and stupid people on earth - called Nigeria!

commonsense is more valuable than education, that is what the rest of the world has over Nigeria! I tell you why, Nigerians are the most educated black group on EARTH! GO AND CHECK IT! - almost every street in Nigeria has families with degree holders, even in Northern Nigeria! Degree is a big thing in Nigeria but a "TYPICAL" Nigerian degree holder whether from ABU Zaria, uniBen or Havard is a walking mor0n where commonsense is concerned. science, innovation, politics, social life and economics is soon converted to the "work of god" once the discussions starts!

The same Nigeria has the highest number of educated-illiterates (locally and internationally schooled) - most educated Nigerians lack commonsense due to their application of god and religion in all aspects of their lives! A 19 year old Chinese kid will be an expatriate before a Nigerian professor due to religious stupidity!

Religion is number one destroyer of anything Nigeria, NOT EDUCATION!

I think you are misdiagnosing a problem. Nigeria's problem is the lack of the rule of law and and lack of strong property rights. Yes, religion encourages people to have kids (which in itself is not wrong as long as you have a strong economy) but this can be mitigated by a quality (emphasis on quality) education.

South Korea is a religious nation but that did not stop them by pulling themselves by the bootstrap from third world to an economic power house? Nope. Extremism can only be countered by a very good educational system and not the one we have right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:33am On Jul 18, 2017
kennyblack94:

Mawuna Remarque Koutonin
This Map, anyone could easily verify, tells it all.
Bigger population, higher density of population means development, economical growth.
Look at Africa empty continent.
The only parts of Africa growing economically are those with high density of population.
Africa population growth is the solution, not the problem.
Don't listen to European racist governments which are doing everything to kill more Africans and depopulate further the continent.
Making more baby is the solution.
Don't listen to stupid Africans either.
But careful of Africa DEpopulation NGOs financed by Europeans which are sterilizing in mass girls at schools. Share the information with your family and friends. Ask them to wash the poisonous mosquito nets before using them. Be aware!!

The areas in red aside Nigeria are populated from migration and not high birth rate.
Actually birth rate in indigent Americans And Europeans is not high per family.

A couple without employment can have fun without getting pregnant, that's what family planning does

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2017
davidif:

I think you are misdiagnosing a problem. Nigeria's problem is the lack of the rule of law and and lack of strong property rights. Yes, religion encourages people to have kids (which in itself is not wrong as long as you have a strong economy) but this can be mitigated by a quality (emphasis on quality) education.

South Korea is a religious nation but that did not stop them by pulling themselves by the bootstrap from third world to an economic power house? Nope. Extremism can only be countered by a very good educational system and not the one we have right now.

I will be blunt, people like you are part of the problem, I tell you why – The reason Nigerians struggle to fix their problems is they actually don’t know what the problems are, they cannot conclusively diagnose them and AS SUCH cannot proffer SOLUTIONS! People like you are proof of that!
They start with the leaders are the problem, when you catch them out they say police or military or law or white man or Asians and then finally they say it is the devil! God will fix Nigeria when he is ready!
SOUTH KOREA is a religious country with common-sense approach to religion, they do not apply religion the same way Nigerians do, they do not have uncountable children and then ask god to feed them, they do not allow corrupt leaders to walk free because judgement day will decide, they do not allow their leaders to spend months in foreign hospitals while praying for god to fix the leader and at the same time their country!
Lack of rule of law? You mean lack of common-sense across the board? What “lack of rule of law” allows you to spend money on private jets for pastors? How many police do you need to guard basic infrastructure so the citizens will not steal them?
Most Nigerians are criminals by nature or corrupt by DNA; do you need the remaining 10% to apply the rule of law – common-sense is 100% better than religion or rule of law!
Most Nigerians I have spoken to will commit a crime or avoid taxes, or cheat someone out of money on the pretext that they will pray to God for forgiveness and give money to the pastor for a guarantee of heaven!
You should put “how religion destroyed blacks” in google and start doing some research before commenting on things you don’t have a clue about!
A Nigerian professor in America was removed from a research team and warned after he told his students not to bother over researching a scientific theory because GOD created it. That fool tried to stop innovation and creativity in its tracks due to his stupid religious beliefs.
Typical Nigerians have boxed themselves into a NO-progress corner because of their stuck-in-time religious beliefs and they are passing that stagnant mentality to their children!
You will not find a sensible response from Nigerians without the word god featuring heavily in what should be a constructive and commonsense discussion. Even the president is relying on religion and god to fix the country, the national assembly and all arms of government have god as their main strategy for progress and success – they never say anything about rule of law.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Lumie08(f): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2017
carammel:
I may derail a bit on this which may be contrary to all the OP wrote.
In my own opinion,poverty is the problem with family planning in Nigeria. I was at a counselling center last week to and after all talk and bla,i was told to pay 2600naira for implano,1000naira for pregnancy test and 1600 for the drug,i may be able to afford it but can another woman who can hardly feed 2square meal afford that?
The UN claimed,family planning would check poverty,that is when there are less children,there would be more to go round everyone. I think they should make it free or highly subsidized so everyone mostly the targets "the poor",can afford it and be ready to go for it.

I believe u probably went to a private clinic. Primary health centers providing the services collect far less than that. about #200-#500 depending on the method u are requesting for. The reason for payment is to make clients value it more. What u pay for, worths more than what was given to u for free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child After 28 Years Of Marriage / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.