Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria (26507 Views)

Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by carammel(f): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lumie08:

I believe u probably went to a private clinic. Primary health centers providing the services collect far less than that. about #200-#500 depending on the method u are requesting for. The reason for payment is to make clients value it more. What u pay for, worths more than what was given to u for free.
Nope,i went to a teaching hospital,federal government hospital. I don't even like using private for immunization let alone fp.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Exciton(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
carammel:
I may derail a bit on this which may be contrary to all the OP wrote.
In my own opinion,poverty is the problem with family planning in Nigeria. I was at a counselling center last week to and after all talk and bla,i was told to pay 2600naira for implano,1000naira for pregnancy test and 1600 for the drug, I may be able to afford it but can another woman who can hardly feed 2square meal afford that?
The UN claimed,family planning would check poverty,that is when there are less children,there would be more to go round everyone. I think they should make it free or highly subsidized so everyone mostly the targets "the poor",can afford it and be ready to go for it.

So, according to your logic, it's better for the poor couple to pop out another kid than to hustle 1600 per potency period of the drug?

The extra kid (or kids over the years) will surely cost more than N1,600 to care for over the same period (of drug potency).

Like I previously mentioned, it's these kinda poor decisions stemming from lack of critical thinking that's the problem.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
win3k:

I will be blunt, people like you are part of the problem, I tell you why – The reason Nigerians struggle to fix their problems is they actually don’t know what the problems are, they cannot conclusively diagnose them and AS SUCH cannot proffer SOLUTIONS! People like you are proof of that!
They start with the leaders are the problem, when you catch them out they say police or military or law or white man or Asians and then finally they say it is the devil! God will fix Nigeria when he is ready!
SOUTH KOREA is a religious country with common-sense approach to religion, they do not apply religion the same way Nigerians do, they do not have uncountable children and then ask god to feed them, they do not allow corrupt leaders to walk free because judgement day will decide, they do not allow their leaders to spend months in foreign hospitals while praying for god to fix the leader and at the same time their country!
Lack of rule of law? You mean lack of common-sense across the board? What “lack of rule of law” allows you to spend money on private jets for pastors? How many police do you need to guard basic infrastructure so the citizens will not steal them?
Most Nigerians are criminals by nature or corrupt by DNA; do you need the remaining 10% to apply the rule of law – common-sense is 100% better than religion or rule of law!
Most Nigerians I have spoken to will commit a crime or avoid taxes, or cheat someone out of money on the pretext that they will pray to God for forgiveness and give money to the pastor for a guarantee of heaven!
You should put “how religion destroyed blacks” in google and start doing some research before commenting on things you don’t have a clue about!
A Nigerian professor in America was removed from a research team and warned after he told his students not to bother over researching a scientific theory because GOD created it. That fool tried to stop innovation and creativity in its tracks due to his stupid religious beliefs.
Typical Nigerians have boxed themselves into a NO-progress corner because of their stuck-in-time religious beliefs and they are passing that stagnant mentality to their children!
You will not find a sensible response from Nigerians without the word god featuring heavily in what should be a constructive and commonsense discussion. Even the president is relying on religion and god to fix the country, the national assembly and all arms of government have god as their main strategy for progress and success – they never say anything about rule of law.

Wow! Where do I even begin with this one? There is so much to unpack that I barely have enough time. Either way, I will address a few points here and there.

First of all, you have never even gone to South Korea before talkless of actually knowing one to know whether they practice their religion with "common sense" or not. You just assumed that because they are wealthy then they must have practiced their religion with common sense. South Korea is where it is today because of a civil war fought a while back with the help of the Americans and with a dictatorship that was able to build and develop their country. It's called good economics.

Secondly, I understand that you hate religion but your boss is what's clouding your judgement and your inability to understand the underlying issues that face our communities. You dont seem to understand what makes some nations successful and some failures so you resort to simplistic conclusions by stereotyping people and making sweeping generalizations ("Most Nigerians are corrupt" etc). You can bash Nigerians all you want with your overtly simplistic aspersions that they practice "religion without common sense" or that they are "too lazy" and "corrupt" (which quite frankly smacks of intellectual laziness) but at the end of the day, its your inability to research and understand the fundamental problems in the society or the political systems (systems matter a LOT!) that diminishes the potency of your arguement and make you churn out jaundiced and biased commentary like this.

No, the average Nigerian is not born corrupt, it's the system that he is born into and the circumstances forced on him that might lead some of them to cut some corners to reach an end but at tye end of the day it's not all of them.

If you want to understand why Nigeria doesn't work, go educate yourself on real intellectual work about the wealth of nations not some pathetic Google search that generalizes, misdiagnoses and simplifies the complex problems in the black world. It will do you some good sir. I bid you a good day.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by win3k: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2017
davidif:

Wow! Where do I even begin with this one? There is so much to unpack that I barely have enough time. Either way, I will address a few points here and there.

First of all, you have never even gone to South Korea before talkless of actually knowing one to know whether they practice their religion with "common sense" or not. You just assumed that because they are wealthy then they must have practiced their religion with common sense. South Korea is where it is today because of a civil war fought a while back with the help of the Americans and with a dictatorship that was able to build and develop their country. It's called good economics.

Secondly, I understand that you hate religion but your boss is what's clouding your judgement and your inability to understand the underlying issues that face our communities. You dont seem to understand what makes some nations successful and some failures so you resort to simplistic conclusions by stereotyping people and making sweeping generalizations ("Most Nigerians are corrupt" etc). You can bash Nigerians all you want with your overtly simplistic aspersions that they practice "religion without common sense" or that they are "too lazy" and "corrupt" (which quite frankly smacks of intellectual laziness) but at the end of the day, its your inability to research and understand the fundamental problems in the society or the political systems (systems matter a LOT!) that diminishes the potency of your arguement and make you churn out jaundiced and biased commentary like this.

No, the average Nigerian is not born corrupt, it's the system that he is born into and the circumstances forced on him that might lead some of them to cut some corners to reach an end but at tye end of the day it's not all of them.

If you want to understand why Nigeria doesn't work, go educate yourself on real intellectual work about the wealth of nations not some pathetic Google search that generalizes, misdiagnoses and simplifies the complex problems in the black world. It will do you some good sir. I bid you a good day.

You responses say it all; you are part of the problem!
You cannot defend what you don’t understand, you lack the mental knowhow and constructive insight to even attempt – I have read your responses and you will fail a basic debate!
Nigeria is not the poorest or most poverty stricken country on earth, India, Somalia, Congo and many others come before it! The crimes associated with a vast number of Nigerians are not to be found in places where poverty far outnumbers Nigeria – Yet neophytes like you will have us believe that majority of Nigerians are not born criminal or corrupt! Swallow your pride and accept the obvious, you do not need to lie to be patriotic.
Your whole statement about Korea is a typical Nigerian one; I have a simple answer for you – common-sense. It may be a word you are struggling to understand but let me apply it to the Korean case for you, before good economics happened in Korea the citizens had (and still have) common-sense approach, if you applied the same “good economics” to Nigeria it will fail in its tracks because the quality and mentality of the citizens does not support that good economic!
I have been to more poverty stricken countries around the world where people are starving yet they will not remove street lights to sell, or remove cables from an electricity transformer or divert street water supply to sell or destroy basic infrastructure meant for the society to survive – In Nigeria it will happen by default!
If you do not understand or know what you are talking about do everyone a favour and don’t even try!
If you open your mouth in the same Korea to voice the nonsense you type here, words like monkey, backward African, primitive will be mentioned! It is almost impossible to have common-sense and constructive discussions with Nigerians because of their mentality (not their education) – I am sorry but it has to be said!
Religion is a key part of the Nigerian mentality, their restraint, timidity, lack of innovation and dated thought process is guided by religions they have not researched or thought through. Their education (no matter how high) becomes useless as a result. Common-sense goes out the window and replaced by archaic guiding principles that existed before modern day human civilization!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child After 28 Years Of Marriage / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.