Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? (13599 Views)

My Screen Always Misbehave When Charging / The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / My Spark 4 Has No Led When Charging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by pharmguru: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
the problem is not from the phone or charger but the electric mains supply from the socket.

try charging the phone in a different area/location from your house, if the shocks persist then you can conclude the device is faulty.

happened to me when i traveled to abj few weeks back. both my laptop n phone charger and the devices themselves were giving out electric shocks. i thought the problem was from my device until my friend in the house made similar complaints.

when i got back to my base i plugged my laptop to see if it will still shock but the shocks were no more.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by teamsynergy: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
your charger is leaking ac to the DC output..changer your charger ..,. test any new charger with a tester. if the tester lights up, it going to most likely shock u....
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by omoadeleye(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
The socket can be the cause try to use other socket, maybe go and charge elsewhere for some time
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by symbianDON(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
the problem is with the charger. the charger is supposed to convert AC 220v to DC 5v...which CAN NEVER shock you. however, a faulty charger may not do that as it ought to do thereby causing the shock and probable damage to the phone.
pharmguru:
the problem is not from the phone or charger but the electric mains supply from the socket.

try charging the phone in a different area/location from your house, if the shocks persist then you can conclude the device is faulty.

happened to me when i traveled to abj few weeks back. both my laptop n phone charger and the devices themselves were giving out electric shocks. i thought the problem was from my device until my friend in the house made similar complaints.

when i got back to my base i plugged my laptop to see if it will still shock but the shocks were no more.
this could also be the case.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by feldido(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's cos of a poor earthing of that house.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by LilSmith55(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
That's a charging port problem, be careful no to blow up the fone self
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by muller101(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ur bae want to kill u
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by adam1998: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
lizzypro:
cool
amazing, well you can avoid by using a slipper too tongue
<a href='http://www.techsiast.com/'>oneplus 5</a>
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Amgreat70(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Have a similar experience with my techno boom j8 And my friends own too, a charger he got was discharging shocks wen charging the phones( both boom j8), but if you connect my friends samsung note 3 it doesn't shock at all... U can hold the note 3 and do what ever u like, but with the techno's u can't try that...
So my question here is were is the fault coming from?
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by olatunji390(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
I remember the day my curve 2 shock me, I was shocked of the shock. I come de wonder how come. Am also using L9plus no like that
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by blackedwin: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gbammm!!!!
feldido:
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by KanfixAlcatel: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
We would and try resolve all phone issues on Nairaland, just post it on the following thread and get quick response https://www.nairaland.com/3901675/resolve-mobile-phones-tablets-laptop
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by shollyDHooD(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Don't ever use your tongue to touch either the battery pot or the charger's,that what usually cause it
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by HarryJinkai: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
its caused by a leakage current due to improper earthing
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Crownbird(m): 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
1. Change your phone charger ... try and buy a good phone charger
2. Or you should stop using your phone usb charging point with your laptop or other usb port
3. When ever you use your phone for long hours, especially phone with touch screen, make sure
you clean it with a clean handkerchief.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
I once had the experience. The cause is from the charger.just change the charger and continue enjoying your phone.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Jolaoshot(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
TundeSalamu:
I was using Bae's L9 Plus over the weekend and when I plugged in, I removed the pouch to charge it. The kind of shocking sensation I felt was heavenly. I let it go. later, I was using it to make call and the phone gave this biting sensation on my ear.
I have a whatsapp group for people with phone issues, so I asked others who use L9 plus whether they experience such and they said not at all. So I confirmed the fault is not from Tecno cos even at that, the charger is still brand new.
I was really confused why. Then some people who use blackberry q10 and iphone also confirmed that same happens to them.

Please what's the cause of this?
Bro this happens when you use a charger with fast charging ability for a phone that doesn't support fast charging feature. I use a fast charger for my s6 edge and I usually don't get shocked, but that's not the case when I use the same charger for my mom's HTC that doesn't support the fast charging feature sad heavenly shock!!
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Jolaoshot(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
Amgreat70:
Have a similar experience with my techno boom j8 And my friends own too, a charger he got was discharging shocks wen charging the phones( both boom j8), but if you connect my friends samsung note 3 it doesn't shock at all... U can hold the note 3 and do what ever u like, but with the techno's u can't try that...
So my question here is were is the fault coming from?
that's simply because the the tecno phone doesn't support the fast charging feature unlike the Samsung Note 3.. what I simply mean is The output current of the charger is too much for the j8, but not the case for the note 3 because of the fast charge feature which needs lots of power to work

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Shadedtee: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's not about the phone, the problem is with either the charger or the charging port
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Jolaoshot(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2017
Shadedtee:
It's not about the phone, the problem is with either the charger or the charging port
the problem is with the phone and charger
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Homeboiy: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2017
emi14:
Leave ur contacts to make your request authentic.

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by belcom10(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2017
Its from charging port. short circuit.try to work on it or change it completely.
TundeSalamu:
I was using Bae's L9 Plus over the weekend and when I plugged in, I removed the pouch to charge it. The kind of shocking sensation I felt was heavenly. I let it go. later, I was using it to make call and the phone gave this biting sensation on my ear.
I have a whatsapp group for people with phone issues, so I asked others who use L9 plus whether they experience such and they said not at all. So I confirmed the fault is not from Tecno cos even at that, the charger is still brand new.
I was really confused why. Then some people who use blackberry q10 and iphone also confirmed that same happens to them.

Please what's the cause of this?
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by encryptjay(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
telim:
This is mostly experienced in houses that is not properly earthed.
This is what I was looking out for. wink
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Behankey(m): 4:15am On Jul 16, 2017
Many things. From a bad charger to a faulty mouthpiece or even the socket. Even houses that are not properly designed electrically can cause it. So it's not a Tecno thing. It happens.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by TundeSalamu(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
paolokonqueror:
Lol man phone shocking is a bad thing tho could lead to dangerous things. I always try to use original charger

is not a matter of original charger thou.
I think it has to do with bad wire.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by TundeSalamu(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
Behankey:
Many things. From a bad charger to a faulty mouthpiece or even the socket. Even houses that are not properly designed electrically can cause it. So it's not a Tecno thing. It happens.

Thanks for taking your time to clarify it bruh.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by TundeSalamu(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
feldido:

What's the meaning of earthing pleas?
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by zinosleek(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
how to inprove the speed and efficiency of your android phone http://www.wikizino.com.ng/2017/12/how-to-increase-speed-of-your-android.html
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Behankey(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2018
TundeSalamu:

Thanks for taking your time to clarify it bruh.
You're very much welcome. We just need to be careful

(1) (2) (Reply)

*~ Semid4lyfe Voted Phone Section Dude Of The Year:2009 *~ Congrats!! / I Still Can't Download With Any Opera Mini. Help! / Check Out The 14 Powerful Features Of The New Android Oreo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.