Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,542 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? (5289 Views)

Lynxxx Keeps In All Unique In New Photos And Still Looks Hot! / Describe this in your own way. / Post Your Nice, Unique Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by mohawkchic(f): 5:27am On Feb 02, 2010
~This cud well be a gimmick to get some attention for her up coming album but lately it seems celebs are crawling out of Lady Gaga's wardrobe!! Amber Rose had us scratching out heads with her outfit. . .& now Kelis!! There's always going to be the Gaga-RiRi comparison. . more Gaga than RiRi i suppose but it aint nuffin we havent seen already. . but it still gets &

~Fashion is forever evolving & celebs want to stay relevant so i suppose now it's all about Individuality & Personality to rock the outfits . . .

~ Los Angeles Data Awards. . . Kelis In skin-tight creation with a pair of ten-inch Alexander McQueen Armadillo shoes. . . . however it was her bizarre Avatar-inspired hair and facial adornments jewellery that really made her stand out. Gold chains connected Kelis's nose ring to her ears on either side, while long feathered eye lashes curled from her lower lids. A floor-length silver braided ponytail that's sure to be all the rage for Spring, fell from her head of gold spikes stuck on her bronze hair.

[img]http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/1st+Annual+Data+Awards+Arrivals+Y2nIzE1ehSIl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Kelis+mixes+greying+mullet+gold+nose+chains+dp_9UgWXL3Yl.jpg?37304PCN_Kelis01[/img]

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Kelis+mixes+greying+mullet+gold+nose+chains+X5KRaOBg3-Jl.jpg?37304PCN_Kelis03[/img]

~In London
[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Kelis+dresses+appropriately+freezing+London+FDYtAVAwDBYl.jpg?36822PCN_Kelis02[/img]

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Kelis+dresses+appropriately+freezing+London+SqcuhHwBcUfl.jpg?36822PCN_Kelis01[/img]

~LAX W/ Son Knight
[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kelis+and+Knight+land+Ne-xC8aMZCyl.jpg?100113P1_KELIS_B_GR_03[/img]

[img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kelis+and+Knight+land+c8Mu-ozsQRWl.jpg?100113P1_KELIS_B_GR_04[/img]
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Sissy3(f): 6:41am On Feb 02, 2010
i think you signature definitely explains it best "~“Style” IS An Expression Of Individualism Mixed With Charisma !!~" cheesy

i guess when it comes to "fashion" there is no pushing the limits. as long as she walk in those alien shoes, am good grin

as for copying GAGA, they are all trying but definitely not succeeding coz anyone who succeeds will go mad like GAGA grin grin grin
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:48am On Feb 02, 2010
everyone is trying to have a gaga moment and get noticed.
"celebrities" are so desperate nowadays. lol
before you know it, everyday will start looking like halloween. na wa.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by madlady(f): 8:30am On Feb 02, 2010
I used to love this performer, I am just not into her music anymore undecided
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by mohawkchic(f): 4:00am On Feb 03, 2010
~I hear you ~Sissy~! It is True to some extent Fashion has no visible Limits but when the invisible boundaries are pushed,you can tell by peoples reaction ! Who wud have thought Gaga wud take the reins off Grace Jones fashion sense & do a 180° turn on it?!

~Kelis has always had her own Unique creative personality about her. .she was Best known for her hair transitions. . .if memory serves me right,the now famous RiRi haircut was first seen on her . . i suppose in her own way she's always been "stepping out of the box" going "Gaga Weird" however was unexpected which is why i posed the Q the way i did!

~I have a feeling if i wasnt already conformed w/ Gaga's fashion sense i wud have appreciated the outfit more. . .what's with the Divorce,New baby & her trying to get her career back on track,she prolly needed some kind of "change". . this cud well be a "One-off-what-the-heck-moment" I hope! Imagine a trio of "Gaga's" parading about!

~I meant to comment on how banging Kelis looks post baby. . .whipped that body right back into shape!!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by shilling(f): 5:22am On Feb 04, 2010
Unique!!!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by oyinda3(f): 6:36am On Feb 04, 2010
seems like the a combo of statue of liberty+george washington+native americans+indians costume. and the pink just adds a lighthearted and fun dimension to that.
overall, she seems to be having a blast. and i don't find her costume offensive so, no problemo for me.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2010
Hot mess. Gaga has created a monster now every and anybody wants to be edgy and futuristic grin grin grin
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by spikedcylinder: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
I like the colour of her hair.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by chic2pimp(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
Abeg o make this kain fashion no come the male celebrity end ooo. Let the female celebs continue wearing this cheap stake dresses.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
this ish won't bring no boys to the yard - not even nas
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Tatase(f): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I like the colour of her hair.

I've never known anyone to actually dye their hair grey before. With that long braid, she looked like an old native-american medicine woman.

@ topic

I think she's trying to be a style-composite of too many people. She needs to return that jumpsuit to Amber Rose, the horns and shoes to Gaga, and that face jewellery to the Hindi bride she stole it from. It's too much going on that doesn't blend. I used to like her style. But apart from the last pic (where she's more "caszh"wink, she looks a hot mess!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by spikedcylinder: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2010
Tatase:

I've never known anyone to actually dye their hair grey before. With that long braid, she looked like an old native-american medicine woman.

It sure is rare. Without the long attachment, I'd say it is nice!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by chika98: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
I think she looks "avatar' ish in the first picture. Her body looks good after having a baby. I don't know about the whole fashion thing but her body looks great!!!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by TOPE20001(f): 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
Kelis has always been known to be a fashion eccentric person undecided . . she was like the lady gaga back in the dayz grin
she is SO NOT tryin to copy gaga, if u are a kelis fan u'd knw she also has weird fashion sense/
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Moyola(f): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
Shez juz bng Keliz!
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by iice(f): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2010
She's lost her marbles along with everything else.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by InkedNerd(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2010
I love her regardless of what she wears. I love the black boots she's wearing while she's pushing the baby stroller. I'd prefer them if they were brown though. I looooooove brown riding boots. Ohhh, I can't wait till winter/fall grin
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by chika98: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2010
I am still trying to find the photo of her recent "Primark" ensemble but I can't seem to get it anywhere.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by Ignatio(m): 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
What sort of fashion do u call this? We are not yet in the jet[i]sions[i] age n Kelis is trying to look like an alien. I still wonder why Nas fell for her.
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by maeesha(f): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
its demonic, sheesh lipsrsealed
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by nellaluv(f): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2010
sorry lady, there's only one lady gaga
Re: ~ Is Kelis Pushing Fashion Limits? Or Just " Unique " In Her Own Way? by InkedNerd(f): 6:05am On Aug 11, 2010
There's nothing original about Lady Gaga. All she does is copy other people. What's so unique about that? Why do you think Grace Jones and Madonna hate her? I love the outfits Gaga wears but its been done before. As for Kelis, she's just trying to stay in the media. Its not like she's doing anything else with her life [besides from taking care of her kid].

(1) (Reply)

New Arrival: Fanciful Slippers / Latest Ankara Dresses Style In 2023 | New Ankara Long Skirt & Blouse / Promixing And Organic Cream Tips (guide To Mixing Your Creams)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.