Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money (1072 Views)

Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello house,

I'm presently planning on starting a business as I wouldn't want to depend solely on my current paid employment in a financial institution .
This evening, my mum called for finance but the amount she requested for is such that would make me not start the business.
I felt bad turning her down even though she said she would pay back by September.(if she no pay, I no fit force am)
If I give money to family, I give what I can forfeit. But this one, my people, no go let me forfeit ooo.
Please did I do anything wrong as I feel bad already.
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by Rapoo(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
if you feel bad than ur conscience is directly telling that what you did is wrong but if you think that you did the right thing by declining not to give the money, then it is fine

I didn't come here to condemn your action

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by Cholls(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rapoo:
if you feel bad than ur conscience is directly telling that what you did is wrong but if you think that you did the right thing by declining not to give the money, then it is fine

my brother clap for yasef...well said! well said!
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by byvan03: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
You did nothing wrong, stand first ,then lend her later.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by pat1612(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rapoo:

Excatly my thought money is of no use if it cannot your help your family.
Atlast when you will be buried it will be ur family money wont be with u.
Any kind of business can wait is us mother requirement that ahould be your priority angry
Maybe is gods way of saying you that its not time for you to start your business

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by tuscani: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bro please go and send her the money first before coming here to rant, do you know what mothers have to put up with to make us who we are today. A simple prayer from her is all you need for your business success, and not whether you start the business in September or not. Send her the money, let her know what you wanted to use it for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by 7footre(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
If what she needs the money for is not a life threatening emergency, hold off and start your business, create multiple sources of income that way, you'll be better off in a while. You did nothing bad you worked for the money so it's up to you to use it the way you want

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
pat1612:

Excatly my thought money is of no use if it cannot your help your family.
Atlast when you will be buried it will be ur family money wont be with u.
Any kind of business can wait is us mother requirement that ahould be your priority angry
Maybe is gods way of saying you that its not time for you to start your business

First, my mum will not bury me (God forbid )

Any kind of business can wait

Thank you for your comment.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
7footre:
If what she needs the money for is not a life threatening emergency, hold off and start your business, create multiple sources of income that way, you'll be better off in a while. You did nothing bad you worked for the money so it's up to you to use it the way you want

No it's not health issues, just wanted it for business purpose too.
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
tuscani:
Bro please go and send her the money first before coming here to rant, do you know what mothers have to put up with to make us who we are today. A simple prayer from her is all you need for your business success, and not whether you start the business in September or not. Send her the money, let her know what you wanted to use it for.

Thank you
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by 7footre(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

No it's not health issues, just wanted it for business purpose too.

Tell her to hold on then... afterall, she doesn't have that much mouth to feed again and you have your whole life ahead of you to plan for. Start off yours and in a little time, you can aid her with something

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by tuscani: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

Thank you
I am serious. The prayersvof a mother worketh wonders
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by Davidgrey: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
That's because what you did was wrong!

Next time when a "close" relative needs help, give them as little as you can spare "common sense"

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
tuscani:
I am serious. The prayersvof a mother worketh wonders

Yeah, I agree with you on that.
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Davidgrey:
That's because what you did was wrong!

Next time when a "close" relative needs help, [b]give them as little as you can spare
"common sense" [/b]

That's the point. This request is not "little", it's my capital. Anyways, I appreciate your comment.
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 11, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

That's the point. This request is not "little", it's my capital. Anyways, I appreciate your comment.

It seems you are feeling guilty, is she a widow?
Re: I Didn't Honour My Mum's Request For Money by buchhogonzalez(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems you are feeling guilty, is she a widow?

No.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Plenty Children Unlike The Rich. / Man Who Left His Wife To Marry His Own Daughter Welcomes A Baby With Her / Pls Help Baby Amenawon Win Cusson's Baby Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.