Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality (2010 Views)

"Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo / If An Unbeliever Convert His Fellow Unbeliever To Christ Will God Accept It? / Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by Humanistme: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

communist leaders because killed because communism is a totalitarian system and they see organised religion as threats. they killed because of power.
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Humanistme:

communist leaders because killed because communism is a totalitarian system and they see organised religion as threats. they killed because of power.

Please read the post I don't have time to go over what is already thing .

I'm also tired of the shallow explaining away of something clearly written and stated by the founders of the ideology.
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by Humanistme: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm also tired of the shallow explaining away of something clearly written and stated by the founders of the ideology.

I have read the post and. some of the arguments against it.
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Humanistme:

I have read the post and. some of the arguments against it.
Nice , so bro , let's head to the thread and discuss your arguments against it
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by dalaman: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They mostly battled heresy and people who attacked Christianity .

The teachings of Christ obviously deprecated forced conversion and such reprehensible acts of violence against non believers , so Im not sure why you brought it up . undecided

In the case of communism and other atheistic political ideologies , its written in bold letters that atheism must be imposed on the masses cry cry

Pure lie. They mostly battled unbelievers like Jews and others around. The teachings of Jesus in the NT did not address violence against unbelievers at all. But the teachings of Yahweh did address how unbelievers were to be treated. Jesus being Yahweh endorsed violence against unbelievers in the bible. Even the bible says that christianity should be spread round the world and christians are to ensure that the make disciples of all nations.
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by JackBizzle: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

Pure lie. They mostly battled unbelievers like Jews and others around. The teachings of Jesus in the NT did not address violence against unbelievers at all. But the teachings of Yahweh did address how unbelievers were to be treated. Jesus being Yahweh endorsed violence against unbelievers in the bible. Even the bible says that christianity should be spread round the world and christians are to ensure that the make disciples of all nations.

Kingebukasblog,

Don't also forget that the old testament supported burning of witches and this caused numerous deaths in Europe and America old times

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by CoolUsername: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm sure all those leaders didn't believe in leprechauns either. So, can we say that disbelief in leprechauns causes violence?
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by Niflheim(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aren't North koreans taught to worship their leader? Didn't the present leader's dad bear the title, "creator of the Universe"? North korea is a fucking religious nation and they worship their head of state, following the christian pattern of worship!!! Jehova style!!!!
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by dalaman: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Niflheim:
Aren't North koreans taught to worship their leader? Didn't the present leader's dad bear the title, "creator of the Universe"? North korea is a fucking religious nation and they worship their head of state, following the christian pattern of worship!!! Jehova style!!!!

Their leader is called the supreme one by the people. They worship their leader. It's actually better than worshipping a dead Jewish man that died 2000 year ago. At least they can see their leader. Christians keep worshipping a dead Jewish man whose identity they can never know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by jonbellion(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Winter is here embarassed

Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by hopefulLandlord: 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
jonbellion:
Winter is here embarassed
lol
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by jonbellion(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol
damn episode 1 was so hot cheesy
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by hopefulLandlord: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
jonbellion:
damn episode 1 was so hot cheesy

I haven't watched it though, I prefer watching when the season is about 2 episodes from ending, I hate waiting for 7 days to watch next episode, the wait is not good for my health
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by jonbellion(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I haven't watched it though, I prefer watching when the season is about 2 episodes from ending, I hate waiting for 7 days to watch next episode, the wait is not good for my health
hmmm things don dey finally hot oo
You don't know what you're missing
The main plot was jon snow and denearys all along but they just gave us unnecessary filler from season 1-5 to distract and divert from the main plot!! angry

George R.R martin is a mad genius cheesy
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by hopefulLandlord: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
jonbellion:
hmmm things don dey finally hot oo
You don't know what you're missing
The main plot was jon snow and denearys all along but they just gave us unnecessary filler from season 1-5 to distract and divert from the main plot!! angry

George R.R martin is a mad genius cheesy

don't spoil it for me bro grin I'll watch in about 7-8 week's time
Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by 4kings: 3:42am On Jul 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

But the number of atheists proliferated during the time of the communist governments , true or false ?

Seriously ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

When you are asked to choose God or die , tortured and forced to work in labour camps what is the intent ?

Since you started rooting for atheists , you've been regressing intellectually . Why bro ?

Chineke, see finishing. shocked Hands on head cry
Well since i'm regressing intellectually, please help me understand this.

I said it's not by declaration but at heart.
When Peter in the bible denied Jesus because of fear of death, would you also say that at that moment he disbelieved in Jesus divinity?, Or do you think most atheists won't do same in similar situation?
My point is torture can't "directly" change your belief in this kind of situation, one would only do what he got to do when fear(or some strong emotion) overwhelms him, but since i'm regressing intellectually, you can help me out here.

When you are asked to choose God or die , tortured and forced to work in labour camps what is the intent ?
So going by my logic, this intent can only be achieved when the person in question realizes later on that he has been believing a myth.

"rooting for atheists", hmmm.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing As An Unbeliever To Gain Equality by hopefulLandlord: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2017
collecting already, bingewatching after the 8th episode
or so

CC Jonbellion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Things You Don’t Know About Prophet Who Foresaw Otedola Bridge Accident / The Great Tribulation is ending not starting / Theist Jewish Scientist Daniel Shechtman Wins 2011 Nobel Prize In Chemistry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.