Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring (2488 Views)

Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / It's Time For Restructuring, Yoruba Nation To Adopt Paradigm Shift - Gani Adams / Nnamdi KANU: Did The Call For Restructuring Go With Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
It may be surprising to many that I have written this post but as with all humans, one tends to rethink certain positions and realities and make judgements based on them. I have never been a Biafran supporter. In fact, I have been at odds with Biafran agitators, mainly IPOB youths, for their lack of diplomacy, calm, tact and stealth. The Biafran agitation is no longer a vestige of the Nigerian-Biafran civil war as MASSOB made it in the early 21st century. It has become the reality of quite a number of persons in the South-East and South-South regions of Nigeria. There are specific reasons why the Biafran agitation is gradually gaining momentum and these include:

1. The comatose state of the Nigerian nation
2. The perceived lopsided appointments of the President
3. The lack of infrastructure in the South-East
4. The lackadaisical attitude of the Federal Government towards the plights of the people in the Sout-East
5. Ethnic tensions, political marginalisation (obviated by certain unwithdrawn statements), threats, and perceived persecutions, among others.

All these, and much more, are issues that can easily by handled by any up and doing government. Sadly, the Nigerian Federal Government has turned a blind eye towards the cries and pleas of the South-Easterners. Mr Nnamdi Kanu, a British-Nigerian, capitalised on the government's lack of commitment towards the just treatment of all citizens of the nation and rose to fame through the Biafran agitation. However, I disagree with many of his methods even though I agree that some of them have been fruitful to the cause.

Without delving too much into the causes and nature of the Biafran agitation (assuming that my readers already know these), I will now quickly state that the Biafran agitation is a metaphor for the South-Easterners and a cross-section of the South-Southerners. To the people, Biafra represents a just society where their rights are protected and where they can feel like first class citizens who can determine their own fate. If we all take a look at the Biafran project, its proposed system, its anticipated future, etc, one can easily mistake it for Thomas Moore's Utopia or Francis Bacon's New Atlantis. The idea of the nation is utopic and almost perfect. The South-Easterners have envisioned a nation where everything is perfect and good. These mental imageries serve as the metaphor for change that the people absolutely need. It is unrealistic to believe that a new nation, with all its attendant issues, will be perfect. The people know this and so do their leaders and activists. However, Biafra has become a symbol of freedom; freedom from the oligarchy, from elitism, from nepotism, from corruption, and all the maladies tha plague the Nigerian society.

Sadly, the Nigerian Federal Government has taken the metaphorical agitation at a literal level. Through the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu and other agitators, as well as the attacks on protesters in the East, the government posed itself as a blockade to a people's rightful demand for self-determination via referendum. The truth is that the average South-Easterner loves Nigeria even more than the Northerners. But what have they gotten from the love of Nigeria? Almost NOTHING!!! All the Federal Government needed to do was to call all aggrieved parties to a round-table and engage in a discussion on the issues the protesters have raised. There is nothing so cumbersome in addressing lopsided appointments, infrastructural developments, resource control, and other salient issues. At worse, the Federal Government could have "pretended" to listen so as to quell the tension but I guess the government was more occupied with better things.

Now the issue has blown out of proportion and it has brought with it, a new level of tension and uncertainty that was seen only in 1966, before the civil war started. This tension has led to various conclaves, meetings, coalitions, alignments, etc. The nation has never been so divided along ethnic, political and religious lines. With hate-speeches flowing freely on the airwaves and invectives being hauled on all sides, the country is totally set for the inevitable. But then, what is the inevitable? Breakup or restructuring?

As an Urhobo man from the South-South, Biafra has never been among the choices to embrace for the same reasons why Nigeria is not working now. The margin between the majority and minority is too wide and the gap between makes a whole lot of difference. However, many of us align with the metaphor of Biafra and what it represents to all Southerners, "RESTRUCTURING or BREAKUP"! Nigeria cannot continue like this. The system is oppressive, unfair and dishonest to itself. States of the Federation are at the mercy of the all-powerful Federal Government. True democracy cannot be guaranteed as a result of the wide margin between the population in the North and South. States earn only a little for the natural resources in their territories. Even within States, ethnic nationalities face all sorts of oppression and marginalisation because they were "forced" to share a State with bigger ethnic groups.

The restructuring of Nigeria cannot be debated. It is a something that must be realised sooner or later and the sooner, the better. If Nigeria is to remain one nation, the Federal Government has to go back to the recommendations of the National Conference of 2014 and implement them. Power must be reduced at the centre so that we can have true federalism in Nigeria. There should be healthy competition between States of the Federation and therefore, States should be allowed to own the proceeds of their resources and IGR. States should also be created along ethnic lines so as to avoid the majority-minority nonsense we have now. Every ethnic nationality should have at least one State to itself so that they can create their future however they deem fit.

The Federal Government should be made less attractive. In fact, government at all levels should not be attractive at all. People should go into politics to serve, not to share money, contracts and loots. There has to be accountability at all levels of governance. The people must come first at all times. There should also be a provision for a referendum should the need arise. These are things that can be done to set Nigeria on the right path.

In the absence of total restructuring of Nigeria, we can go back to regionalism as obtained in the years before the civil war. Let major ethnic nationalities and a coalition of minorities form themselves into regions and dictate their future as they deem fit. If restructuring or regionalism is not possible, the inevitable becomes the breakup of Nigeria into smaller units: Biafra, Oodua, Arewa, Middle Belt, Niger Delta, etc. At best, a loose confederation of these smaller units can occur.

I join hands today with my brothers from the South-East and South-South, and even the South-West, to DEMAND the total restructuring of Nigeria! Nigeria should not be a prison for any group. Our union should be on mutual terms and upon the understanding that it benefits every section of the country. As it is today, Nigeria seems to benefit only the elites and those from a particular region of the nation. This is an aberration of the highest order! Of what good is a union of ethnicities if they cannot come together and discuss how the union should operate? This was what the National Conference of 2014 tried to accomplish but alas, the recommendations were shoved aside, to the gutters of history, as if those who came together did not matter.

And to the Biafran agitators, I admonish you to stop the hate-speech. The problem with Nigeria is not an ethnic problem but an elitist problem. The common man in the West, South or North knows nothing of how the nation is run. They are all victims of the system that needs to be changed. In advocating for the change of the system or the disintegration of a marriage that is not working for all parties, we should always thread with caution. The problem with Nigeria is not Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Bini, Ibibio, etc. The problem with Nigeria is well known if we are being honest with ourselves. We should address the problem with Nigeria, not the ethnicities in the nation. HATE HAS NEVER AIDED ANYONE IN ANY AGITATION. Take a look at history; from the agitations of Mahatma Gandhi for Indian independence, the Black American civil rights movement of Martin Luther King, the anti-apartheid movement of Nelson Mandela, to the various independence movements across Africa, Asia and the New World, love and peace have always been the catalysts, not HATE! When you become exactly the person you accuse of oppressing you, you become no better than him/her.

Secondly, Biafran agitators should respect the wishes of the minorities in the South. Many of the minorities are weary of the agitation for obvious reasons that border on marginalisation and repetition of the Nigerian experience. However, they are observant on the trends and some of them hope to leverage on it to demand restructuring or breakup. However, it is unfair to them to be added to maps, plans, projections, etc, without consulting first with them. Nigeria was a forceful union where no ethnicity had a say! Biafran agitators should set a good precedence for themselves. You don't force a people into your struggle. If you agitate well and right, people will join, even those that are least expected to do so. When Martin Luther King's agitation for the Blacks in America gained momentum, many white Americans joined him to demand Black civil rights! Biafran agitators and Nnamdi Kanu should go back to the drawing board and think of better ways to express their ordeal than the use of hate-speeches, invectives, and the likes. A lot of people that may want to identify with the movement will be quickly put off because of the statements that are made by the agitators. Start the struggle with those you see first and wait for others to join in and if they do join in, you may now add them officially to the plans. If you believe you cannot do without the minorities, set up a committee to visit their leaders and talk to the people on the need to align causes. That is how things are supposed to be done!!!

Instead of making the problem a political one, Biafran agitators should make it an existential issue. Self-determination is a right, not a privilege! No government can deny anyone of his/her rights for too long. History proves this well enough. As Nnamdi Kanu has become the poster-man of the struggle, he should be more diplomatic, careful with his utterances and properly delineate his geographical reach to those in support of him. It will do him good to learn from those who have been successful in struggles like this. The likes of Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi. He should pose himself as a charismatic leader who understands that there must be dissenting views, even within his personal conclave. Finally, he should actively mentor the youths that follow him. He alone can change the way the agitation is going in Nigeria. He should urgently speak to the youths and inform them of the need to be diplomatic, especially in online forums, where everyone and anyone can see what they say. You may win an online battle with someone via insults to his ethnicity or person but that doesn't guarantee that you would win the struggle. Focus on the struggle, not the small battles!

CC:
Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wow! I never planned for this post to be this long. I guess I had much to really say. Please if you didn't take the time to read it, refrain from commenting on it so that there won't be a "pragma-linguistic misfire", or misunderstanding. If you aim is to derail the thread, just know that you are free to but I won't help you to do that. This article is just an OPINION, directed more towards the Federal Government than anyone else.

CC:
Seun
Sanchez01
Opharhe
Efewestern
Amarabae
Afam4eva
Cumbak85
Nengibo
Oloripapa
Amberon11
Evestar2009
Bigfrancis21
Ntoakwaibom
HungerBAD
TheKingisHere
Nicho118
TonyeBarcanista
Omenkalives
Sarrki
Nwaamaikpe
Ishilove
Mynd44
NgeneUkwenu
Tonychristopher

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Afam4eva(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
It's funny how the same you that has derided the struggle by exempting your group from the struggle now turns around to tell us how it's a metaphor for whatever. The problem i have with Nigerians is hypocrisy. I am not a Pro-Biafran person and even though i have not agreed with Nnamdi Kanu's methods, i have never thrown away the baby with the bath water. You have insulted IPOB members and Igbos and now you think you have the effrontery to being metaphor into the situation. Everybody should answer their papa name. If you have a grouse with the federal government, pick it up with them and don't hijack other peope's struggles to validate your own oppression.

You talk about Nnamdi Kanu's methods. Where were you when MEND were shelling the whole place. What can be worse than what MEND did and what Boko haram is doing. Yet, you care much about someone using his mouth to protest. Yes, he may have gone far a bit, but that's my opinion. if he had followed the rules of engagement, we wouldn't have been discussing this issue.

Like i said, everybody should answer their papa name. Urhobo is not part of Biafra both metaphorically and otherwise. We've heard that like a million times.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by kalufelix(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
you can renovate abi restructure all you want...biafra is never a metaphor for your renovation

biafra is biafra

biafra is freedom!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
kalufelix:
you can renovate abi restructure all you want...biafra is never a metaphor for your renovation

biafra is biafra

biafra is freedom!

Try and read the post well again, in case you didn't.

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
It's funny how the same you that has derided the struggle by exempting your group from the struggle now turns around to tell us how it's a metaphor for whatever. The problem i have with Nigerians is hypocrisy. I am not a Pro-Biafran person and even though i have not agreed with Nnamdi Kanu's methods, i have never thrown away the baby with the bath water. You have insulted IPOB members and Igbos and now you think you have the effrontery to being metaphor into the situation. Everybody should answer their papa name. If you have a grouse with the federal government, pick it up with them and don't hijack other peope's struggles to validate your own oppression.

You talk about Nnamdi Kanu's methods. Where were you when MEND were shelling the whole place. What can be worse than what MEND did and what Boko haram is doing. Yet, you care much about someone using his mouth to protest. Yes, he may have gone far a bit, but that's my opinion. if he had followed the rules of engagement, we wouldn't have been discussing this issue.

Like i said, everybody should answer their papa name. Urhobo is not part of Biafra both metaphorically and otherwise. We've heard that like a million times.

You seem to misconstrue the aim of this post.

1. This is MY PERSONAL opinion. It has NOTHING to do with Urhobo or Urhobo's position on whatever and as seen in this post, I never brought up anything that implied that.

2. Whatever I may have said or done in the past has NOTHING to do with what I am doing NOW. People's opinion change due to a lot of reasons.

3. I was not a member or supporter of MEND and I have never said I subscribed to their methods. I don't know where you got that idea from.

4. Take your time and read the post again so see that this has NOTHING to do with Urhobo or even the South-South per se. It is a strictly Biafran thing and anyone can write on it (whether assenting or dissenting). After all, we all have freedom of speech, or don't we?

5. You guys really need to learn how to separate people's opinions from the ethnicities they come from. That is one of the issues my article addressed too. The voice of an ethnicity is conveyed in press releases by the apex socio-political groups and leaders of such ethnicities.

6. And this post does not, in any way, means I support Biafra now. It is only an OPINION and should be taken as what it is.

3 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by starkid1996(m): 12:04am On Jul 11, 2017
@op i chilled bottle of beer for you
nice write up

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by TheKingIsHere: 12:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:

The irony is that you yourself spoke with both sides of your mouth in previous times in relation to biafra. However, I believe fratermathy has the right to change his mind as it is very obvious that this contraption called Nigeria is not working. Even the middle belt while everyone assumed where pro north have now come out to denounce them and want out.

Like the OP said, they better carry out true federalism or let everyone go their separate ways. It is inevitable.

15 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by TheKingIsHere: 12:14am On Jul 11, 2017
@fratermathy, nice write up.

Lalasticlala food is ready o

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Amberon11: 1:38am On Jul 11, 2017
How does someone dissociating himself and his tribe from Biafra translate to deriding it?

If anything igbos and biafrans have been the progenitors of hate speech and verbal slurs at other tribes who distance themselves from the struggle but trust them to always play victim and cry wolf.

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by obiech(m): 2:28am On Jul 11, 2017
fratermathy:

CC:
Lalasticlala

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you on something but
WOW.....nice writeup

Ipob really need to consult south south before including them in it's map

The funny thing about Nigeria is that after everything they won't still agree for restructuring.......the north would do everything to keep on enjoying the free money from south south.

Just watch and see.........when buhari comes back you would see what he would do.
It would even be then that I would pity them.......there was even a man of God that said something about this stuff..... Something about it turning to a revolution (not as if I really believe all this pastors sha) but thinking of it....if ipob successfully pulls this anambra election shii ...........this agitation would most likely turn into a revolution

5 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by obiech(m): 2:29am On Jul 11, 2017
fratermathy:

CC:
Lalasticlala

WOW.....nice writeup

The funny thing about Nigeria is that after everything they won't still agree for restructuring.......the north would do everything to keep on enjoying the free money from south south.

Just watch and see.........when buhari comes back you would see what he would do.
It would even be then that I would pity them.......there was even a man of God that said something about this stuff..... Something about it turning to a revolution (not as if I really believe all this pastors sha) but thinking of it....if ipob successfully pulls this anambra election shii ...........this agitation would most likely turn into a revolution
And if that happens there would be no going back or restructuring again .....it would be Biafra or nothing

3 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by NwaAmaikpe: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2017
shocked

Took my time to read through; despite my personal reservations towards Urhobos due to their acute cunningness.
I couldn't further agree with you on most of what you wrote,
I only have a grouse with your choice of word, calling the Biafra agitation a metaphor for restructuring.

Unfortunately not,

Biafra has never been a Metaphor,
Biafra is a people's history,
Biafra is a people's future,

Every Igbo man's family tree was altered in the civil war of 1967-70.
The present over-marginalization by this administration and the terror from the Fulani herdsmen has made the people truly realize and ask the always imminent question;

"Why are we slaves when we can rule ourselves?"

Biafra was always going to come to the centre point of this country's discussion.
It actually has nothing to do with the present administration.
Igbo's don't want restructuring

Drive through the south east.
Every town from Nkwerre to Obollo-Afor, from Osisioma to Nkalagu,
From Ihiala to Irette
Has the Biafran flag adorning their electric poles.
The Biafra flag can be seen on people's houses,
On the tricycles,
In their cars
As wallpaper on their phones
Where else have you seen a Nigerian flag outside Government offices and banks?

This is the reality,
The people know their identity,
Biafra is their identity.

Not a bloody restructuring agenda by some power-hungry, bribery-prone disillusioned politician.
A referendum will be reached.
And then, the people will speak for themselves since their politicians have lost their voice.
If the South-South wants to stay with Nigeria, they decide
If they want to be with Biafra, it's their call.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Hollysaint: 7:04am On Jul 11, 2017
ok
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by attackgat: 7:15am On Jul 11, 2017
I think that whoever wrote this should better face reality. The Urohbo nation simply does not have the numbers to ever be an effective voice in Nigeria. The Urohbo nation will always be a prisoner of Nigeria unless either of two things happen, restructuring or Biafra. There are no two ways about it. Using the Biafran agitation as a smokescreen to demand restructuring is not going to wash on Biafran agitators.

For those who do not know, the core North will never allow an inch of Nigeria to be restructured. The are standing at all the doors and they are holding the keys at the National Assembly. You can shout restructuring all you like but the North will never let it happen because they will lose big.

As for the Biafran agitation, when referendum comes, Urohbos can vote to continue with Nigeria while we get Anioma out.

11 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by hucienda: 7:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:

lol ... thought I was the only one who noticed this.

9 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Caseless: 7:23am On Jul 11, 2017
Maybe this writer forgot there's a quit notice to that effect. They should go, if they want to or face the military and stop beating chest like their ugly 'masquerades'.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by nengibo: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Nice post by fratermathy
One of your suggestions got my attention
"Every ethnic nationality should have at least one State to itself so that they can create their future however they deem fit.

How many states do you think that would be? 250 states if each tribe assuming each is given one, doesn't seem feasible. As an Izon tubo myself I would suggest a system similar to the Tribal self government of native Indians in America
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Smoothie01(f): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2017
The truth is most ethnic groups do not want to be at the fore-front of wateva revolution that could happen in Nigeria, they'd rather hope that things fall into place and knowing Nigeria too well, they'll be hoping for a long time.

At the same time, no group would want to remain in Nigeria if/when the Igbos seceeds successfully....this implies that every group hope to benefit from the struggle they never supported in the first place ....No doubt we all want a big change, We have to give Kanu some credit, imperfect though he is....Look around, Everyone seems to be discussing the country's structure.
If any group really want to get smtin from this country, they should focus on getting it and not wasting time finding faults in others....In a honest business venture, u focus on how to be sucessful and better than competition and not on spoiling the image of competition....
I av my reservations about kanu's approach buh it's not as bad as wah his critics paint it to be....and the reason is most pple are used to talking trash about Igbos and getting away with it...Now they can't do that no more

12 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:

This is the link below that got his brain reformatted

https://www.nairaland.com/3911977/why-it-wrong-tell-ipob

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

The irony is that you yourself spoke with both sides of your mouth in previous times in relation to biafra. However, I believe fratermathy has the right to change his mind as it is very obvious that this contraption called Nigeria is not working. Even the middle belt while everyone assumed where pro north have now come out to denounce them and want out.

Like the OP said, they better carry out true federalism or let everyone go their separate ways. It is inevitable.

This link below is the reason why the Op now realize why he has be fighting on the wrong side of life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 8:54am On Jul 11, 2017
obiech:

WOW.....nice writeup

This link below exposed how myopic he was concerning the Biafran struggle

His brain has been re-wired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by TheKingIsHere: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

This link below is the reason why the Op now realize why he has be fighting on the wrong side of life

Nope. The OP is my brother. I have told him last week to reconsider his stance as it is obvious that the only way to achieve Niger delta Republic or any other country is via biafra as Nigeria is a failed country. I guess he took the advice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 8:56am On Jul 11, 2017
attackgat:
I think that whoever wrote this should better face reality. The Urohbo nation simply does not have the numbers to ever be an effective voice in Nigeria. The Urohbo nation will always be a prisoner of Nigeria unless either of two things happen, restructuring or Biafra. There are no two ways about it. Using the Biafran agitation as a smokescreen to demand restructuring is not going to wash on Biafran agitators.

For those who do not know, the core North will never allow an inch of Nigeria to be restructured. The are standing at all the doors and they are holding the keys at the National Assembly. You can shout restructuring all you like but the North will never let it happen because they will lose big.

As for the Biafran agitation, when referendum comes, Urohbos can vote to continue with Nigeria while we get Anioma out.

Op met a superior argument in this link below and confirmed that he has been living in a fools paradise all this while

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2017
hucienda:

lol ... thought I was the only one who noticed this.

This link below has expose him to the reality on ground

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Gucciboss: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2017
I have never seen a people so dishonest and hypocritical as Nigerians.
You want restructuring since the advent of the current democratic dispensation yet you have not organised any protest in that regard but you are quick to protest for those useless politicians that dotted the filthy Nigeria political landscape.

How dare you want to use the struggle of others to further your own? Is that not weakness?
The Igbo want to have their own nation and are doing everything possible to get that, while you that want restructuring sit in your house glued to your handset and want magic to happen?

Why do the rest of Nigerians who are gunning for restructuring want those that want self determination to join them?

If the Igbo and any other groups for that matter want to have their own country let them be.

You can still restructure your Nigeria when they are out. You must not restructure with them.

All the noise about Igbo leaving Nigeria shows one thing - that the rest of people in Nigeria lack confidence in their people.

Ipob are on the street protesting for their Biafra.

I dare you one Nigeria apologist to hit the street too and protest for restructuring of Nigeria or forever remain silent.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2017
nengibo:
Nice post by fratermathy
One of your suggestions got my attention
"Every ethnic nationality should have at least one State to itself so that they can create their future however they deem fit.

How many states do you think that would be? 250 states if each tribe assuming each is given one, doesn't seem feasible. As an Izon tubo myself I would suggest a system similar to the Tribal self government of native Indians in America

This link below exposed the Op to his foolishness of fighting the Biafrans

Unfortunately, it is too late to make any change

we will keep seeing him and his tribesmen as people who choose slavery( Nigeria) over freedom(Biafra or Restructured Nigeria)

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2017
Smoothie01:
The truth is most ethnic groups do not want to be at the fore-front of wateva revolution that could happen in Nigeria, they'd rather hope that things fall into place and knowing Nigeria too well, they'll be hoping for a long time.

At the same time, no group would want to remain in Nigeria if/when the Igbos seceeds successfully....this implies that every group hope to benefit from the struggle they never supported in the first place ....No doubt we all want a big change, We have to give Kanu some credit, imperfect though he is....Look around, Everyone seems to be discussing the country's structure.
If any group really want to get smtin from this country, they should focus on getting it and not wasting time finding faults in others....In a honest business venture, u focus on how to be sucessful and better than competition and not on spoiling the image of competition....
I av my reservations about kanu's approach buh it's not as bad as wah his critics paint it to be....and the reason is most pple are used to talking trash about Igbos and getting away with it...Now they can't do that no more

Don't mind the Op

Having read this link below, he now realized that he has led his people to remain in a slave system called Old Nigeria

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 9:05am On Jul 11, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Nope. The OP is my brother. I have told him last week to reconsider his stance as it is obvious that the only way to achieve Niger delta Republic or any other country is via biafra as Nigeria is a failed country. I guess he took the advice

Not true

Go through that link and you will see why he realized that it is foolishness to fight the Igbos

Go and read the link below

it has nothing to do with you
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Afam4eva(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

Not true

Go through that link and you will see why he realized that it is foolishness to fight the Igbos

Go and read the link below

it has nothing to do with you

Mr man, we've heard you. Stop spamming this thread of you get banned. @mynd44 @lalasticla

7 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 9:16am On Jul 11, 2017
fratermathy:

Try and read the post well again, in case you didn't.

In Ojukwu's voice

" Good Morning. "

Now you understand the reason for the uprising and the benefit to all oppressed nations

3 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Eastfield1: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:

You have said it all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mistakes Of Kanu.... / Widow Of Former Taraba Governor Suntai Set To Remarry, See Her Pre-wedding Pics / Uyo:the Budding Home Of Real Estate Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.