Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m (37762 Views)

8 Nigerian Men Arrested For Defrauding Elderly Widows Of $6m / Bet9ja Defrauding Customers / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by Webvibez: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

Three bankers have been arrested by the police for allegedly hacking into the bank accounts of customers and diverting a total sum of N150m.

The bankers – Oyelade Shola-Isaac, 32, Osuolale Hammid, 40, and Akeem Adesina, 33 – were apprehended along with eight other suspects in connection with the fraud.

Three of the accomplices, Okpetu John, 29; Chukwumnoso Ifeanyi, 30; and Salako Abdulsalam were said to be MTN agents, while others were identified as Ismaeel Salami, 49; Akinola Oghuan, 34; Sarumi Abubakar, 32; James Idagu, 56; and 33-year-old Sunday Okeke.

PUNCH Metro learnt that five of the suspects, including the kingpin, Salami, were rounded up by operatives of the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria Police Force at an eatery in the Bode Thomas area of the state.

About 32 Automated Teller Machine cards belonging to the victims were reportedly recovered from Salami’s car.

They were said to have led operatives to Kwara and Oyo states, where other members of the gang were apprehended.

The SFU spokesperson, ASP Lawal Audu, who paraded the suspects on Monday at the unit’s office in Ikoyi, said the bankers carried out the fraud on the accounts of customers, who did not subscribe to Internet banking.

He said, “The work of the network provider suspects was to assist the bankers to swap the SIM cards of the targeted bank customers so that they were unable to receive alerts of any transactions on their accounts within the period that money was stolen from their accounts.

“The suspects, after successful withdrawals of the money, transferred the money into about 40 different accounts to avoid being detected. They carried out their operations at weekends and public holidays so as to evade being detected by the bank monitoring mechanisms or the owners of the accounts. They defrauded their victims to the tune of over N150m.”

The SFU, however, did not disclose the banks the suspects worked for.

The gang leader, Salami, denied his involvement in the fraud, adding that one Moses had contracted him to get the ATM cards.

He said, “I was in an eatery at Surulere with my friends when the policemen came to arrest us and said we were fraudsters. In May this year, a friend of mine, Moses, asked me to get some ATM cards for him, but I did not demand what he wanted to use them for.

“I was looking for someone that could help me get the ATM cards when I came across one Abubakar at Ibadan, Oyo State. To my surprise, he brought about 40 cards to me.”

Abubakar said he got some of the cards from his friends.

One of the bankers, Shola, said, “One day, my manager called me to come to the office that my car on the premises was blocking another car. When I got there, I was told someone used my password for fraud and that my two colleagues had also confessed to the crime. That was how we were transferred to the SFU last Tuesday.”

Osuolale, another banker, also denied the allegation, saying he had given his faulty ATM card to an engineer in the bank to help him fix it.

One of the MTN agents, Okpetu, admitted swapping SIM cards, adding that he did not know they were being used for fraud.

However, MTN spokesman, Mr. Funsho Aina, said the agents were not employed by the network provider.

He said, “Those paraded today (Monday) at the SFU are not MTN workers. Rather, they are employees of a distribution partner, who runs a connect store.”

http://punchng.com/bankers-arrested-for-defrauding-customers-of-n150m/

3 Shares

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by MrPdtech: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2017
Wolves in sheep clothing.. 80% of nigerian bankers are evil..
So MTN-NG have now graduated from stealing our credits to Hacking Tiri gbosa for them..

Lalasticlala have u been defrauded by a banker before?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by heykims(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2017
Back in secondary school then, everyone used to shout banking, very lucrative then.
Now bankers are hustlers, some turned criminals..
Even medicine is bastardized
Telecoms used to be everyone's dream, but now majorly contract business.
I'm tired, I need a visa.. .

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by smartty68(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2017
Craaaaaashhhhing! Their theifing on this thread has made me crashed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by PointZerom: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2017
LionDeLeo come and see yaa people.

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by sorextee(m): 7:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Can someone just summarize what they did??
Too early to read long epistle..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by bbm2016(m): 7:08am On Jul 11, 2017
After they don catch una that when you will start stories that touch

Abeg next news jare

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by ibkgab001: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by nrexzy: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2017
Name check..

6 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by PointZerom: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2017
MrPdtech:
Wolves in sheep clothing.. 80% of nigerian bankers are evil..

Lalasticlala have u been defrauded by a banker before?

Lol, lala na banker himself.

1 Like

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by MrPdtech: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2017
PointZerom:

Lol, lala na banker himself.
Hehehe are you serious? I doubt..
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by PointZerom: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2017
sorextee:
Can someone just summarize what they did??
Too early to read long epistle..

They are Afonja United fraudsters league. They played a fast one on people and get caught.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by ITbomb(m): 7:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Very unusual names there, not the ones I expected

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by holatin(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2017
at the end of the day, they will be told to pay 150 thousand naira bail to escape the wrath of their action.

judicial system is now a joke

1 Like

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by sorextee(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks.. cheesy nice summary..

PointZerom:

They are Afonja United fraudsters league. They played a fast one on people and get caught.

6 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by kocvalour(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2017
NCAN right now

51 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by DWJOBScom(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2017
na wa o

boys are not smiling o and of course they have stories to tell
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by jchioma: 10:01am On Jul 11, 2017
Thieves. In an attempt to make it big, they destroy their career and future...
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by Riosystem: 10:01am On Jul 11, 2017
Bankers and crime
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by bbbabes(f): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
Africa has a big problem

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by emmaitive(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
am speechless
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by gunners160(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
if u check ham wela u go see say woman push one of them into crime..

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by Oladelson(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
jesu, aiye mi...

150m...
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by iamawara(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
Skibo wait are you kidding me? I just came to check names sha..
So no any Aboki? What are you telling me

So them dey repair faulty atm card? D day d chip on my card got bent dey told me to get a new one, yet bankers dey repair card,

grin MTN come and take your people

5 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by obembet(f): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
Bankers, the only way out now is to get Evans lawyer and Join APC... U will be free

1 Like

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by wristbangle: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
PointZerom:
Their faces and their heels tho.

Do u have difficult to comprehend other names mentioned or you are just trying to be stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
even their testimonies....is crooked
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by ChangetheChange: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
grin grin grin

Local Yahoo yahoo

Local Wire Wire

Wire Wire kin sha tin ni owo

grin grin grin
Re: Bankers Arrested For Defrauding Customers Of N150m by Neduzze5(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
NCAN

People from the Brown Roof Republic on fleek....

Apart from Skull Mining, Bank Account mining sits tight on their CV as well. cry

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adegoke Timothy, Dead OAU MBA Student: Update From His Brother / Stephen Yohanna, Drunk Kwara Police Officer Defecates In His Uniform / Katsina Man Slits Girlfriend's Throat For Trying To Marry Another Man (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.