Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19877 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is the way the competition will go.

Prizes: Prizes: Winner:#33000
First runner up:# 25000
Second runner up: #15000
Third runner up: A #11000 card recharge card..

All Stories sent would be on Our Review' In Short Words' Flash fictions.

Sponsors are needed.

Sponsors: 1. Proofreadmybook.com

"ProofreadMyBook is an online editing and proofreading website that offers high-quality editorial services for the publishing industry.

2. Anonymous.

There are three judges
1. Larrysun
: blogs at https://larrysunwrites./ but will be moving to his permanent site soon. He's a prolific writer whose works have distinguished him from a lot of other writers and had made him a boss in Literature writing. He had embarked on many collaborative works on Nairaland as well as outside Nairaland.

Get his books here

2. AudreyTimms
: She writes at www.Facebook.com/audreytimmss. She's one of Okadabooks 2016 25 Bestsellers of the year. Her book, Unfulfilled Promises' is still one of the 25 bestsellers of August, 2017

Get her books here

3. Repogirl Peju Amadi
: She writes at http://www.pejuscorner./ and has joined Writertain where her works would be treated like the romance Queen she is... She's also one of Okadabooks 2016 Bestsellers and her book was one of July's bestsellers.

get her books here

There are 27 contestants.
As stated earlier this competition would follow the format of The Voice competition.
As opposed to the initial plan, there are seven stages:

Stage 1. Anecdote (250 words) — Blind Audition
Stage 2. Drabble (100 words)- Battle stage 3 Twitterture- (140 characters)- Steals battle
Stage 4. 55 fiction (55 words)- Knockout Stage
Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)-
Stage 6. 25 words- 3 Judges and 1 vote
Stage 7. 6 words- Votes only

Stage 1. 250 words (Blind Audition Stage)- July13- August 1

This stage is simple.
— The contestants would send their work (A 250-word fiction) to my mail akintayoakinjide0@gmail.com before 1st of August.
— The contestants would be given any number immediately they send in their stories.
— I'll post the stories immediately I receive it without the writer's name. The judges would pick their favourites 6.
— Immediately the judges pick story, the contestant would be revealed.
— That does not mean all hopes are lost for the remaining contestants.
— There might be surely conflict of interest. Then, the contestant who has more than one judge would pick any judge of his/her choice.
— If there is a case as such, the judge(s) without the complete number would have to pick other contestant(s) to fill their slot(s).
Note: — Contestants are advised to send in their works earlier to know their fate on time.
— Please when sending it, include your nairaland username.
-- Only registered contestants can participate.

Stage 2. Drabble (100 words)- Battle stage- August 2-4

This would be posted on the thread.
— The judges would have paired contestants before the battle starts and would pick one of each group. This mean, the judges would have 3 contestants left.
— The judges are allowed to steal any two contestants that lose from other judges.

Stage 3 Twitterture- (140 characters)- Steals battle. August 5-7

Twitterture is a 140-character story. It follows the pattern of those that type on twitter. All characters, including space, mean something.

— This stage is meant for only those that were stolen.
— The judges would pick a contestant here.
— This means the judges now have 4 contestants.

Stage 4: 55 fiction (55 words)- Knockout Stage. August 8-10

The stories would be in 55 words.
— Here, the judges would pick just 2 contestants, making us have 6 contestants left in the competition.
However, readers would be involved in this process. They would vote for the contestants. Two Contestants with the highest votes would be able to join the next stage, making us have 8 contestants.

Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)- August 8–10

— The judges would pick three contestants.
— Reader's vote would pick three more contestants.

This leaves us with 6 contestants.

Stage 6. 25 words- 3 Judges and 1 vote. August 11-13

— Judges would pick 3 contestants
— Readers' vote would one contestant.

Stage 7. 6 words- Votes only. August 13-15
— This stage is witty but is more of a publicity stunt for the writer.
The person with the highest vote gets to win.

Everyone is allowed to vote twice. Voting can only be done by Liking and Sharing.
Contestants are allowed to call for vote only on this thread or other threads but not on the thread meant for only posting works and judges comments.
Thanks.

Contestants

1. GSteve001
2. Missnande
3. OluwabuqqyYOLO
4. Heryordele94
5. Debbietiyan
6. meneski
7. McLove
8. horlahmieh
9. Kusibe77
10. AyarmBoye
11.Jazmiynne
12. expensive2
13. KimberlyWest
14. Chipappii
15. Oyindawealth
16. comelyJummy
17. skarlett
18. Trip4Jozzy
19. devilmaycry
20. Lesky3
21. illicit
22. Frankenstein
23. perrypablo
24. boffinjay
25. piroux
26. Gmike2rule
27. ToluLolu0122

Thread for posting

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/entries-seun-osewas-competition-moderator

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Caustics: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by yorhmienerd(m): 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
can i submit mine now ?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
can we begin?

You blind?

Menesk ur own dey ur body.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by repogirl(f): 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Following
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by larabae13(f): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice! Can't wait to see how it goes.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 1:00am On Jul 12, 2017
This looks intense shocked , my heart just skipped sad

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluDare01(m): 3:16am On Jul 12, 2017
repogirl cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 3:48am On Jul 12, 2017
meneski:
can i submit mine now ?
Yes.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 7:07am On Jul 12, 2017
This one is strong o
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:10am On Jul 12, 2017
McLove:
This one is strong o
Lol .
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:11am On Jul 12, 2017
Debbietiyan:
This looks intense shocked , my heart just skipped sad
Calm down..
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Divepen1:
Calm down..

*slowly inhaling and exhaling
Okay...I'm good to go.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by AyarmBoye(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2017
Something I'm not understanding.... Will topic be given at every stage, or each contestant writes on any topic
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Something I'm not understanding.... Will topic be given at every stage, or each contestant writes on any topic
Each contestant is at liberty to pick his or her topic.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Hmmmm!! Don't let me say I'm scared yet......no harm in trying...

But are we required to complete the story within the given number of words and is space part of the words?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2017
ToluLolu0122:
Hmmmm!! Don't let me say I'm scared yet......no harm in trying...

But are we required to complete the story within the given number of words and is space part of the words?
No. This one is just words.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by princesa(f): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
The name though... Is seun also sponsoring the competition?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
i'm rooting for missnande. daisy's penance was dope.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by kalu61(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
ls good seeing young writers bring their best in a healthy competition.Best wishes guys.I will follow you guy as much as l can.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
princesa:
The name though... Is seun also sponsoring the competition?
No.. it's just honorary.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hnmm, with the big names up there with me, pissing in me pants already shocked
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
ashewoboy:
i'm rooting for missnande. daisy's penance was dope.

Wow thanks!
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by twosquare(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Beautiful smiley @Divenpen1... If interested in sponsoring this, how can I get across?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ashewoboy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Missnande:

Wow thanks!

yeahcheesy. let me talk to you na. send your number to my mail.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Divepen1:
No. This one is just words.
does it have to be exactly 250 words or can we write above or below.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lesky3:

does it have to be exactly 250 words or can we write above or below.
Exactly 250 words, not less not higher..
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Shalomdee(f): 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Thought this was in August, anyway I missed so I am here to just watch and learn, I've still not recovered from being kicked out of Stars 2017 Writing Competition
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by JamesReacher(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Exactly 250 words, not less not higher..
Divepen1, I'm late but I'm interested.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:31am On Jul 13, 2017
JamesReacher:
Divepen1, I'm late but I'm interested.
Sorry, maybe next season..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: How Jesus Christ Treated Women, A Symbol For Gender Equality / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.