Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19872 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
ProFuhrer:
They did not get over 100 likes in a day?

They were not voted by likes. They had monikers with 300 posts and over (eligible voters) vote for them by typing:

I vote blah blah as Miss NL

cc;
NL.Jega

Voting also had the timeline of 10am to 6pm (eight hours)
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
illicit:
@repogirl
people write about robbery, rape, murder, arson, espionage, drugs etc
Its just literature it dont have to appeal to u personally na....
Run to the sexuality section and table your grievance. Let the horde march to your aid!

grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by repogirl(f): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
illicit:
@repogirl
people write about robbery, rape, murder, arson, espionage, drugs etc
Its just literature it dont have to appeal to u personally na....
Yeah, what doesn't appeal to me is the emptiness of the story. I write erotica but it's got to have some depth. A good story has depth.
How can I judge something favourably if I don't think it is good? What kind of judge would I be?

There was no emotion, no feeling, nothing. Just words strung together. Even if you wanted to write this, it could have been done beautifully with the right words.

You watch talent shows and all that, do the judges pick a contestant who in their opinion, didn't do well? Doesn't make sense na.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by repogirl(f): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
ProFuhrer:
Run to the sexuality section and table your grievance. Let the horde march to your aid!

grin
The horde can vote for him to move on to the next stage.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by AudreyTimms(f): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Please Audreytimms I don't get what you mean by based on consistency.
My dear, it means I chose the person that has been consistent. To the best of my knowledge, her entries hasn't fallen below average. Not even when she wasn't a member of my team. It's only fair I give it to someone who has proved her mettle so far. I hope you understand. Truly, you've grown in your writing and I hope to see you do more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
skarlett:

They were not voted by likes. They had monikers with 300 posts and over (eligible voters) vote for them by typing:

I vote blah blah as Miss NL

cc;
NL.Jega

Voting also had the timeline of 10am to 6pm (eight hours)
Their responses to the questions asked.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
repogirl:
The horde can vote for him to move on to the next stage.
Exactly.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
repogirl:
Yeah, what doesn't appeal to me is the emptiness of the story. I write erotica but it's got to have some depth. A good story has depth.
How can I judge something favourably if I don't think it is good? What kind of judge would I be?

There was no emotion, no feeling, nothing. Just words strung together. Even if you wanted to write this, it could have been done beautifully with the right words.

You watch talent shows and all that, do the judges pick a contestant who in their opinion, didn't do well? Doesn't make sense na.
Well I apologise that I have to disagree with your judgement in the first place.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
ProFuhrer:
Exactly.
Thanks for your counsel
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by repogirl(f): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
illicit:

Well I apologise that I have to disagree with your judgement in the first place.
No wahala, you are a very good writer with an engaging style of writing.

Don't let your writing end with this contest.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
repogirl:
No wahala, you are a very good writer with an engaging style of writing.

Don't let your writing end with this contest.
Awwwwwwwwwww am blushing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
skarlett:
Who will join me?
Lolz
U funny sha
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
skarlett:
Who will join me?

Me biko, it haff tey that i eat popcorn.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by LarrySun(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
ProFuhrer:
Their responses to the questions asked.

Okay
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2017
One of these great writers need your vote to scale through to the final of these battle. Vote for the best writer.

1. Illicit

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59698846

2. Kimberlywest

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59698342

3. Skarlett

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59660691

Vote Ends 10pm today.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2017
please vote for me to get to the next stage

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59698846

profuhrer pls assist my ministry
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2017
EmperorLee:

Haaaaaa Egbami shocked

shey u like it pls like and share
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by EmperorLee(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
illicit:

shey u like it
pls like and share

I no like am ooh, i be born again.
Done.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2017
EmperorLee:

I no like am ooh, i be born again. Done.
buh na wetin dem take born us na lolz thanks
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by EmperorLee(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
illicit:

buh na wetin dem take born us na lolz
thanks

Hahaha
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
Vote Result

Illicit: 11 Likes 8 Shares= 19 votes Kimberlywest 51 Likes 38 Shares= 89 votes Skarlett= 55 Likes 49 Shares= 104 votes ( Wins and proceeds to final)
Final Stage
Contestants Piroux ( Team Elixir) Missnande (Team Repogirl) Gmike2rule( Team Larrysun) Skarlett ( Team Larrysun)

Instructions Write a 6-word story.
* Winner is decided by votes *Deadline for submitting-- August 22-23 Vote ends--12 noon 24th August

Judges can also canvass for votes.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 5:23am On Aug 23, 2017
oh well
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
BEGINNING'S END

One day,her birth,her demise.

cc Divepen Repogirl

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
Missnande:
BEGINNING'S END

One day,her birth,her demise.

cc Divepen1
Repogirl
This is deep and heart-rending!

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Unfaithful

Sleeping beside him. Thinking of you.

Cc
Divepen1

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Oga divepen1 can you modify your post? ( post with my story) The title and story look jumbled and barely understandable. Thank you
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
Frankenstein:
This is deep and heart-rending!

Thank you,please I need your votes in the moderators thread. Like and share the story please.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
skarlett:
Unfaithful
Sleeping beside him. Thinking of you.
Cc Divepen1
Congratulations!
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Missnande:

Thank you,please I need your votes in the moderators thread. Like and share the story please.
Okay.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Frankenstein:
Congratulations!

On
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
repogirl shd come and do depth analysis now

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: How Jesus Christ Treated Women, A Symbol For Gender Equality / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.