Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,816 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19866 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
IRONY

A cool morning is always a great time for a jog. Jogging down the street, I saw a reflection of myself, dumbfounded, but there was not any mirror!
The face and stature was same as mine but the hairdo and stature were different. I found it difficult to believe but alas! I just found my long lost twin sister.
A great reunion it was, my parents thought she was dead, the last one week had been filled with so much fun with her.
It remained a mystery how she escaped from the notorious kidnappers, her foster parents are simply wonderful.

100 words excluding the topic

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Bush Baby
He got into the woods with his dog at his heels and saw a monkey sitting quietly in a tree trunk. He shot it. BANG!!! The dog ran to finish it off but the now mad monkey grabbed its neck, bit its throat and ripped out the esophagus. The dog collapsed. The hunter moved closer and saw that the monkey was pregnant and reproducing when he shot at it. TABOO!!! The baby was almost out but a pellet had penetrated its forehead. He shot the monkey dead.
At home, his wife delivered a stillbirth with a hole in the head.

the story without the title is 100 words
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 04, 2017
BITTER-SWEET REVENGE.

What was the worst form of betrayal you've ever experienced?

For me, it was coming back home from work and finding my husband, Lekan, in bed with my bestfriend, Adesuwa.

Unbelieveable!

The remorseless look on their faces was heart-rending, I became confused.

I only got back to my sensse when Adesuwa shrieked and I realized I had just stabbed her--on her chest.

I've been in this rabbit-hole called prison for the past 7 years, although I miss my bestfriend and freedom but I prefer it to a loveless marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Gmike2rule(m): 7:55am On Aug 04, 2017
Her Baby's Picture

When Ogochuckwu saw her baby's picture, the intial pain and the gory details flooded her memory.
Her husband, Thompson, stood outside the door, but she kept folding her clothes into her travelling box.
' I don't know what to say?' Thompson grumbled.
She inhaled loudly, opened and shut her mouth in despair, dropped the picture of her dead baby, and zipped the bag.
He stepped into the room .' We were fighting and...'
' Getting angry again? Come, kill me too?'
She carried the travelling bag which reminded her of her baby's coffin, and left his house and his life.

100 words excluding the title.

Thank you Audreytimms. Picking me enriched my love for you..

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 8:04am On Aug 04, 2017
TIMELESS

Time stopped, our gazes locked, the air became still and I felt pulled into the dark, calm pool of his eye as cupid's arrow pierced me 2years ago.

Our favorite game was silly- who could say the words "I love you best" first upon seeing each other, if I won, He would reply "I'll get you." Life had been great until now.

Now the rain flooded my tears and pain sliced through my heart like a hot knife through cheese as I read the words engraved on the words engraved on the pocket watch He gave me minutes before he succumed to cancer.

It read "I LOVE YOU BEST"
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by perrypablo: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2017
ALABURUKU

John tried to move his body but failed his feet and body were bound to a stick or was it a tree he couldn't tell because of the blindfolds covering his eyes. Then he heard a command 'load' and he wondered what was going on. What followed, left no inkling of doubt, it was precise, it hit him in his very bowels, 'aim'. He knew what came next."God...They're going to shoot me". Hot yellowish liquid wet his shorts and seeped through his thighs. 'Fire'.His mind went blank, then, he woke up sweating profusely in a pool of his own urine.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
LUST IN LOVE

Amina alights from the taxi on cloud nine,still high from the breathtaking romance she had last night with the gentleman who picked her up from where the bus had dropped her off in the beautiful city of Lagos. Still thinking to herself,she hoped her father-in-law was right about her husband,that he was cute,romantic and generous as the man from last night.

She knocks on the gate,the guard opens,she walks in and the person she sees is a tall dark and handsome figure. Suddenly she realizes its the guy from the night before!

cc Divepen

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2017

CROSSROADS

Fear crippled Debbie as she drove frantically. Tonight’s battering had destroyed all hopes of his repentance. Yet, her heart raced.

Who escaped The SCOR unscathed?

“Return before midnight or Alice would never breathe another dawn.”
She stepped on the acceleration as her phone beeped. The SCOR was close.

"Hang on baby, mummy won’t let him."
Alice stirred behind her in seeming agreement.

It happened so fast. Debbie felt the jolt even before the impact.
"Heaven protect my baby!"

Morning headlines read:
"Baby survives as head-on collision kills mother.
The driver disappeared leaving his truck. His plate number was: “SCOR-01”.

100 words minus the Title.
Cc: Repogirl, Divepen1

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Frankenstein: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2017

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
THE STAND

I moved around the room with tears streaming down my face, packing what I would take with me. I was leaving my husband of 9 years for good.

My first daughter had turned 8 some months ago; my husband’s family came and insisted a circumcision must be done for her to live long. Female circumcision?

I refused, I cried, my husband said nothing, with no one on my side, they won, the circumcision was done.

My daughter’s screams that night still haunt me. Now, they were back for my 7 years old twin girls……. they would not meet us. Tufiakwa!

Cc Repogirl, Divepen1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Heryordele94:
TIMELESS

Time stopped, our gazes locked, the air became still and I felt pulled into the dark, calm pool of his eye as cupid's arrow pierced me 2years ago.

Our favorite game was silly- who could say the words "I love you best" first upon seeing each other, if I won, He would reply "I'll get you." Life had been great until now.

Now the rain flooded my tears and pain sliced through my heart like a hot knife through cheese as I read the words engraved on the words engraved on the pocket watch He gave me minutes before he succumed to cancer.

It read "I LOVE YOU BEST"
Your work has been detected to be plagiarized from http://www.rd.com/true-stories/inspiring/100-word-story-winners/ . After much deliberations, the judges have decided that you should be evicted from the competition. This means Debbietiyan has automatically moved to the next stage...

Meanwhile, Gsteve001, Mclove, Kusibe, Oluwabukkyolo, are yet to compete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hmmn, as a relatively new and inexperienced young guy in literature am not familiar with what really constitutes plagarism, although i read the story at the posted link i did not copy and paste it but used the central idea but yes i think if any rule has been broken by me, punishment should be meted out to me and for any wrong i want to say am really sorry and will make amends if given another chance. cc: Divepen1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Just As I Am

'I think I've to let go at this point' Tolani thought in her heart. Festus has earlier asked Tolani that she should advise him on how to express love to the girl he loves.

Tolani advised him and told him to be bold. Festus dropped a piece of paper and left immediately.

Tolani opened the paper and read it loudly: 'I'm not bold enough to tell you, I LOVE YOU' Tolani broke down in tears and said, 'Just as I'm, despite that I've once given birth, he didn't condemn me!' He is the one who has shown me love again.

100 words excluding the title

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
Stranded

The light flickered off and on, then went out again with a compensating buzz. Lola stared in horror at the street lamp, hoping by chance, it would come on again. No such luck. She shuddered and clutched the edges of her short gown as the cold wind teased eerily.

Up ahead, footsteps approached rapidly and she gasped. A man’s outline materialised out of the dark, with a knife her eyes only caught off the moon’s feeble reflection. All she had to defend herself was an invitation card and a dead mobile phone to call her friend if she became stranded.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
Dede trembled. His hands took to his chest, drumming—like raindrops on a roof. His teeth dithered indecently and his stomach tightened in knots. Effortlessly, he felt his head swell and a serpentine build of friction enveloped his senses, as though white on rice. The torch he carried went off and he immediately dreaded the menacing impression that followed. So, he ran, his breaths falling in the haunting air—like sledgehammers.

Minutes later, he was back, with two other men. One carried a torch; the other: an English. The other man cautiously moved closer to what Dede had claimed to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Bullet for Disobedience

Retired Lt. Morgan was a faithful son of devil. When he once saw me with his daughter, he fumed like one who swallowed foam and warned me never to come near Audrey.

Audrey: she was as sweet as candies and beautiful like roses.

I contravened Morgan and met Audrey again. ‘Kiss me’ she said softly –
the type of command I liked – not the stay away warnings I heard from
her father. Ours lips united, and our tongue blended.

Suddenly, I heard the coc king of gun. We disengaged frightened. Boom, disaster thundered and I fell. Blood. My arm!

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Heryordele94(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2017
Well? what can I say at this point? just want to say a big thank you esp. to my mentor audreytimms:sorry for disappointing you and like you said "back with a bang". Also thanks in no little way to repo for taking time reviewing my entry; it meant a lot to me. I also wont forget the literary legend himself larrysun for nominating me even after being evicted (I would love to do a joint work with you "if I have found favour in your sight".Also i cannot but appreciate the efforts of the able co-ordinator of this herculean project, it sure is no mean feat and i respect the decision u had to take; uneasy lies d head that wears the crown moreover like my mentor said "rules are rules."(no plagarism lol), I eat the humble pie #lesson learnt(the greater the sinner, the greater the saint). To my co-participant "I wish you best of luck."Rooting for my team; Team elixir all the way, like the saying we part 2 meet and meet 2 part,so fare thee well(lol) but I leave u wit this "BELIEVE YOU CAN BELIEVE YOU CANT, YOU BE RIGHT"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by meneski(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2017
Illicit my guy, congrats as you move to the next stage... Meneski wants you to win this contest so no looseguide... As for the repo babe herself thanks for reviewing my work. I just pray to write better... All contestants i wish u well but not as very well as i wish my twin writer illicit. cheesy

((((((((((illicit all the way))))))))))).

(((((((((((((Peace))))))))))))))

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2017
meneski:
Illicit my guy, congrats as you move to the next stage... Meneski wants you to win this contest so no looseguide... As for the repo babe herself thanks for reviewing my work. I just pray to write better... All contestants i wish u well but not as very well as i wish my twin writer illicit. cheesy

((((((((((illicit all the way))))))))))).

(((((((((((((Peace))))))))))))))
awwwwww
I appreciate bro, wish you all the best too
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2017
Am I the only one to misunderstand the twitterture?
Divepen1 ! 140 characters or 140 words? Will you forgive my stupid curiousity?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by LarrySun(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2017
Kusibe77:
Am I the only one to misunderstand the twitterture?
Divepen1 ! 140 characters or 140 words? Will you forgive my stupid curiousity?
140 letters, including spacing.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2017
LarrySun:
140 letters, including spacing.
Oook.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
REGRET

He had killed his wife! He looped the rope around his neck and kicked the stool. As he died, he saw her roll over. She didn’t die afterall! cry

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mysterious Escape

Sir, I know nothing about how he broke from cell!

If a notorious criminal like Evans can escape under your watch, you deserve to be fired!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
Last night, a thin mist cloaked my sight. My sister turned a co-joined twin: two heads and four legs.

I woke up today reeking of alcohol.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Gmike2rule(m): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Here She Goes Again

Joshua glanced at the hot, busty lady as she left. He missed his chance with her again. Staring at the Vaseline bottle, he locked the door.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
NEW LIFE

Her heart-rendering screams made my heart sink, our child was to be born, I turned and walked out of the room when I couldn't bear it again.

Divepen1
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
Wow, Frankenstein! I'm freaking nervous! angry
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
Dear mum,

“This is the girl I have chosen to spend my life with. She will make you a grandma one day. What do you think, mum? She’s smart, beautiful and is an amazing woman, just like you.”

These are words I will never tell my mother. And the reason is because she died yesterday.

18 Likes 14 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: How Jesus Christ Treated Women, A Symbol For Gender Equality / My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.