Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... (1974 Views)

Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics) / Trump Shows Kim Jong-un His Armored Beast / Kim Jong-un Commits To 'Complete De-nuclearization, More Photos From The Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Aragon: 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
When North Korea shot off its first-ever intercontinental ballistic missile in the early morning hours of July 4, US military and intelligence personnel watched leader Kim Jong Un smoke cigarettes and stroll around the launchpad for a full 70 minutes, a source told The Diplomat's Ankit Panda.

The US knew North Korea was in the final stages of building an ICBM after a recent rocket engine test. The US knew North Korea liked to test missiles on Independence Day to send a message. The US knew this missile was different than any they had seen before, and the US knew it could destroy it with a variety of percision-fire platforms in the region. Importantly, the US had Kim Jong Un in their crosshairs for over and hour, and they did nothing.

Those facts speaks volumes about the security climate in the Koreas.

While it's "fairly standard that the US didn't strike the missile ahead of the launch" Rodger Baker, the lead analyst of Asia Pacific and South Asia at Stratfor, a geopolitical consulting firm, told Business Insider, "the unusual aspect may be saying they were watching, or at least allowing that to leak."

Video of the launch clearly shows Kim on site, sometimes feet away from the missile. The next day, the US and South Korea put on a blistering display of precision-guided firepower that proves they could have both killed Kim and stopped the launch in its tracks, but they chose not to.

By letting North Korea know they watched Kim out in the open as he prepared for one of his country's most provocative ever tests missile tests, Baker says the US may have sent two powerful messages.

"They had a very easy shot at killing Kim and didn't," said Baker. This fits with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's statement that the US wants "to bring Kim Jong Un to his senses, not his knees," or that regime change is not the US's ultimate goal.

But regime security is the whole reason why North Korea wants long-range nuclear weapons in the first place.

If the US demonstrates it's not intent on killing Kim, that could communicate that there's "no need to continue the [missile] program," according to Baker.

Secondly, "if the program is continued, we can strike it and Kim," said Baker. Though North Korea varies and tries to hide their launch points, the US tracks them vigorously and footage of the launches always show Kim nearby.

Perhaps rather than kill Kim and trigger a North Korean response, which could be massive, the US elected to signal to him that the best path to regime security would be to stay indoors and not play around near dangerous rocket engines, which have a habit of blowing up.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-had-clear-shot-killing-142713885.html

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by NCANpatroller: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
USA beware!!!
You re warned
This is guy is not gaddaffi, saddam, Osama bin laden.
He has functional nuclear warheads
And true loyalist
Don't cause kataata for us all

P.S u lost vietnanese war. U ll lose this war too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Aragon: 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
NCANpatroller:
USA beware!!!
You re warned
And true loyalist

Ermm!! Did you like read the Post? I mean they had the opportunity to Kill him and take out the Missle, but didnt cos its better not to have the War you are talking about.... Also The Vietnam War wasnt really the US War they went there to assist. They could Wipe Vietnam off the face of the world if they choose to... Hiroshima & Nagasaki comes to mind

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by NCANpatroller: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Aragon:

Ermm!! Did you like read the Post? I mean they had the opportunity to Kill him and take out the Missle, but didnt cos its better not to have the War you are talking about.... Also The Vietnam War wasnt really the US War they went there to assist. They could Wipe Vietnam off the face of the world if they choose to... Hiroshima & Nagasaki comes to mind
. Funny man

Very funny man

The guy has more that 10 nuclear warheads
It's the lastest nuclear warhead he was showcasing or testing

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Kyase(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
Aragon:

lol grin
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by SalamRushdie: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
NCANpatroller:
USA beware!!!
You re warned
And true loyalist

This is exactly what your father and his friends used to say about Sadam Hussein till the US cleared their bush for all to see
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Aragon: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
NCANpatroller:
. Funny man

Very funny man

And I ask again for the second time... Did you read the post? cos its not very long
Yeap he was showing his New Weapon, but the United States were watching him and his new toy and could take both of them out!
That Fatty Kid Kim is nothing but an over grown Kid.. Does he look like somebody that can lead a Country in War? His late Father that was more experienced did not do all these madness cos he knew the Capability of the United States, but Fatty Kim thinks its a Childs play. Well since he is afraid of regime change, the United States just showed him by not Killing him that they are not interested in Regime change too
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
I can only pity Kim and his loyalists. I doubt any country can survive an invasion.

First, the invaders attack your strong holds

next they put your military in confusion if they kill your commander in chief or chase him out of town

Then you will scamper for safety, try to save your family and abandon the war.

North Korea should give herself brain.

4 Likes

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Mazeltovscotty(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
NCANpatroller:
. Funny man

Very funny man

10 nuclear warheads against America? Are you somehow related to Ali Baba the comedian?
Open another tab on your browser and search how many warheads does US have.
Lolzz, I am not supporting nuclear war but believe you me, North Korea won't survive the first wave of US attack.
Smh. Not even their mentor, China.
Abeg shoe get size.
US is just trying to be cautious and I like it.
This North korea nuclear programme issue is like a mosquitoe sucking blood on American scrotal sac, you have to kill it with carefulness or else, you will end up smashing ur own egg plants.

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by greatface(m): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
IT IS REALLY SENSELESS FOR ANY COUNTRY TO TRY SINGLE HANDEDLY ENGAGE US. IT WILL BE DISASTROUS FOR THEM. IF ANY MUST TRY, LET THEM JOIN THE BEST OF THREE GREATEST COUNTRIES AT MINIMUM.

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Mazeltovscotty(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Funny. Sometimes I do laugh when I see some people comparing North korea with US just because one fat little spoilt kid is carelessly playing with nuclear trigger. Russia is the only country that could stand US in nuclear arm race. China no even follow. grin

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by somehow: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Kill the leader of a sovereign country in public just like that?

Una for try am na.

Ever heard of any country killing another country's president in public when not in a confrontational war?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by mysticwarrior(m): 2:20am On Jul 12, 2017
somehow:
Kill the leader of a sovereign country in public just like that?

Una for try am na.

Ever heard of any country killing another country's president in public when not in a confrontational war?
thank you, I think say na only my dey observe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by mysticwarrior(m): 2:44am On Jul 12, 2017
FrancisDiote:
I can only pity Kim and his loyalists. I doubt any country can survive an invasion.

First, the invaders attack your strong holds

next they put your military in confusion if they kill your commander in chief or chase him out of town

Then you will scamper for safety, try to save your family and abandon the war.

North Korea should give herself brain.
You doubt if any country could survive an invasion? Let me quickly remind you that the soviet Union survived the German invasion during the second world war. 4million Germans took part and it was the largest and most brutal invasion in human history, but the Germans were heavily defeated and driven out of Soviet territories. The Japanese survived the mongol invasion of 1274 and defeated the mongols twice. The Roman empire survived the Carthaginian invasion and defeated the Carthaginian army personally led by Hannibal in the Punic war. Don't come out here and say what you don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 12, 2017
@somehow The Korean crisis,which is a war has not officially ended. All sides have been observing a truce or armistice since 1953. So technically there is a confrontational war going on in the peninsula which would have been further escalated if the Yankees had gone ahead to assassinate Kim. So,you see?
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2017
FrancisDiote History is full of examples of countries that have survived invasions. I will give you a good example: China survived two waves of Japanese invasion in 1931(the Marco Polo bridge incident) and 1937(that of 1937 being the most bestial,accompanied by horrors such as the Nanking massacres). Today,China is the world's second largest economy and super power-in-waiting. Isn't that a perfect example of a country that from the survived an invasion?
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 12, 2017
mysticwarrior:
You doubt if any country could survive an invasion? Let me quickly remind you that the soviet Union survived the German invasion during the second world war. 4million Germans took part and it was the largest and most brutal invasion in human history, but the Germans were heavily defeated and driven out of Soviet territories. The Japanese survived the mongol invasion of 1274 and defeated the mongols twice. The Roman empire survived the Carthaginian invasion and defeated the Carthaginian army personally led by Hannibal in the Punic war. Don't come out here and say what you don't know.
calm down, you de rush. All your wars are old wars without advent of technology.

With technology, nobody will survive an invasion from a super power like US.

They work with intels to avoid stories that touches.
Which one will you face is it the detailed and precise air strick, the ground soldiers or marine.

You will scamper with your sorry ass before you know it

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 12, 2017
If you believe this news, then your brain needs calibration.

Now, let's go over some of the key points in this useless CIA-cooked propaganda again. grin

“The US had Kim Jong Un in their crosshairs for over and hour, and they did nothing.

This fits with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's statement that the US wants "to bring Kim Jong Un to his senses, not his knees," or that regime change is not the US's ultimate goal.”

I stopped reading righter after I saw the emboldened statement above. grin

Wait a minute! If regime change isn't - and has not always been Amerika's ultimate goal in North Korea, pray tell, what is? grin

Do not be stupid. This is not Hollywood. Amerika would never get a clear shot at her “NUMBER 1 THREAT” and just throw it away!

If there's anything Amerika is known for, walahi, it is Regime Change across all the continents of the globe.

The same Amerika that was rambling a few weeks ago about invading or employing military force against North Korea would suddenly change her stance & act friendly?

I have told you times without number that if Amerika says a thing, just take the opposite of that thing as the truth e.g It's raining, just know that the sun is actually blazing.

Iraq is in possession of WMDs, till now, we're still waiting for Amerika to show us grin

Ebola is spread through direct contact with fruit bats & monkeys - and its ONLY cure is Zmapp(The bastards wanted to make Trillions of Dollars on top our head grin ); well we have been eating bats & monkeys since 1960 & we cured your bio-engineered Ebola virus in Nigeria with Bitter kola grin

Putin is gay & the world's richest billionaire; show us the proof, till now - none provided.

Malaysian MH-17 was shot down by Russia in Ukraine; actually facts show that the CIA in Ukraine was responsible. https://www.nairaland.com/3462523/malaysian-flight-mh17-report-taken

Bashar Al-Assad killed his people with sarin gas; no! CIA in collaboration with her liver-eating terrorists did it.

Malaysia MH-370 is missing; well, it turned out that Amerika hijacked it & kept it at Diego Garcia - just to frustrate & get back at Malaysia for hosting the International War Crimes Tribunal that indicted the Bush administration for invading Iraq on false premises. grin

911 attacks were masterminded by Osama bin Laden; actually it was masterminded by George w. Bush & Benjamin Satan-Yahoo.

We killed Osama bin Laden in 2011; Osama actually died of kidney failure in 2003.

Our aircraft carriers are un-sinkable; well, 3 Russian submarines just recently war-gamed the helpless “floating bathtub” & chased it off the coast of Uk grin

Our Tomahawk cruise missiles are accurate & indestructible; well, 59 Tomahawks were recently fired into Syria & only 13 reached their destinations grin cheesy grin

Our F-35 is invisible; well, Russia challenged the bastards to fly them in Syria. The bastards chickened out. grin cheesy grin

I could go on & on.

Amerika - The engine room & international factory of Lies & Propaganda grin cheesy grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by somehow: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2017
That's no war bro, what is on ground is bark me I bark you, war is war, you can't mistake it.

mansakhalifa:
@somehow The Korean crisis,which is a war has not officially ended. All sides have been observing a truce or armistice since 1953. So technically there is a confrontational war going on in the peninsula which would have been further escalated if the Yankees had gone ahead to assassinate Kim. So,you see?
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by mysticwarrior(m): 8:10am On Jul 12, 2017
FrancisDiote:

calm down, you de rush. All your wars are old wars without advent of technology.

With technology, nobody will survive an invasion from a super power like US.

They work with intels to avoid stories that touches.
Which one will you face is it the detailed and precise air strick, the ground soldiers or marine.

You will scamper with your sorry ass before you know it
you forget that the US couldn't invade north Korean during the Korean war and their army was defeated there, as small as Cuba is the US couldn't also invade during the Cuba missile crises of 1962, and do you know why? the USSR is always behind them. invading north Korea will only spark up a nuclear war which the US are trying to avoid.

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by sapientia(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2017
Let the wait till he plunges the world into sorrow.
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2017
@somehow incase you haven't noticed bro,this is a new type of "war" the Kim regime and the yankees are fighting. Let us call it the 2nd phase of the Korean War. The weapons are noise,missile tests,rhetorics and mind games. However you choose to look at it,the war is still on. The coming generation will study this unique type of warfare in history classes in the nearest future. A novelty no doubt if you ask me. But I respect your opinion.

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by somehow: 10:36am On Jul 12, 2017
Proxy war and economic wars aren't new. Its currently on but a confrontational war remains what it is, ohyical battle either with humans or machines/technologies, nothing short of these
mansakhalifa:
@somehow incase you haven't noticed bro,this is a new type of "war" the Kim regime and the yankees are fighting. Let us call it the 2nd phase of the Korean War. The weapons are noise,missile tests,rhetorics and mind games. However you choose to look at it,the war is still on. The coming generation will study this unique type of warfare in history classes in the nearest future. A novelty no doubt if you ask me. But I respect your opinion.
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by mysticwarrior(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Zoharariel:

Now, let's go over some of the key points in this useless CIA-cooked propaganda again. grin

Wait a minute! If regime change isn't - and has not always been Amerika's ultimate goal in North Korea, pray tell, what is? grin

Do not be stupid. This is not Hollywood. Amerika would never get a clear shot at her “NUMBER 1 THREAT” and just throw it away!

If there's anything Amerika is known for, walahi, it is Regime Change across all the continents of the globe.

The same Amerika that was rambling a few weeks ago about invading or employing military force against North Korea would suddenly change her stance & act friendly?

I have told you times without number that if Amerika says a thing, just take the opposite of that thing as the truth e.g It's raining, just know that the sun is actually blazing.

Iraq is in possession of WMDs, till now, we're still waiting for Amerika to show us grin

Ebola is spread through direct contact with fruit bats & monkeys - and its ONLY cure is Zmapp(The bastards wanted to make Trillions of Dollars on top our head grin ); well we have been eating bats & monkeys since 1960 & we cured your bio-engineered Ebola virus in Nigeria with Bitter kola grin

Putin is gay & the world's richest billionaire; show us the proof, till now - none provided.

Malaysian MH-17 was shot down by Russia in Ukraine; actually facts show that the CIA in Ukraine was responsible. https://www.nairaland.com/3462523/malaysian-flight-mh17-report-taken

Bashar Al-Assad killed his people with sarin gas; no! CIA in collaboration with her liver-eating terrorists did it.

Malaysia MH-370 is missing; well, it turned out that Amerika hijacked it & kept it at Diego Garcia - just to frustrate & get back at Malaysia for hosting the International War Crimes Tribunal that indicted the Bush administration for invading Iraq on false premises. grin

911 attacks were masterminded by Osama bin Laden; actually it was masterminded by George w. Bush & Benjamin Satan-Yahoo.

We killed Osama bin Laden in 2011; Osama actually died of kidney failure in 2003.

Our aircraft carriers are un-sinkable; well, 3 Russian submarines just recently war-gamed the helpless “floating bathtub” & chased it off the coast of Uk grin

Our Tomahawk cruise missiles are accurate & indestructible; well, 59 Tomahawks were recently fired into Syria & only 13 reached their destinations grin cheesy grin

Our F-35 is invisible; well, Russia challenged the bastards to fly them in Syria. The bastards chickened out. grin cheesy grin

I could go on & on.

Amerika - The engine room & international factory of Lies & Propaganda grin cheesy grin
very impressive, you have completely stripped the Americans naked with your above analysis, good job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Aragon: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
mysticwarrior:
very impressive, you have completely stripped the Americans naked with your above analysis, good job.

Stripped Americans Naked on Nairaland.!
Hahahahahahah.... I will always Love my Nigerians, una no go Kill person sha! Regime Change in North Korea, so if they take out Fatty Kim who comes in? A military General that has never traveled out before... 50x worse than Kim. Nope the US is right they don't want a regime change cos Kim is a lot better than those Millitary Generals
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
@somehow this is not a proxy war. It is more like a chest beating war. Military historians will find this a delight-first of its kind.

1 Like

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
@Zoharariel The news must be taken with a pinch of salt indeed. It must not be believed in totality knowing the yankees for who they really are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Elijahhopelarry(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by somehow: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Yes not a proxy war, nor a confrontational war.
mansakhalifa:
@somehow this is not a proxy war. It is more like a chest beating war. Military historians will find this a delight-first of its kind.
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by stanleyalpacino(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Zoharariel:

I could go on & on.

Nice analysis man. Breeze don blow fowl nyash don open grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by Lucasbalo(m): 1:30am On Jul 14, 2017
Zoharariel:

I could go on & on.

Baba Ijebu, what the heck are you smoking to write this junk for your Hate America Club members. You are a funny guy with your delusional thoughts. America the Beautiful ain't going nowhere but up. Like I told you severally, The Eagle will keep soaring. Lol.
Re: The United States Had A Clear Shot At Killing Kim Jong Un On July 4 — But... by mysticwarrior(m): 1:50am On Jul 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Baba Ijebu, what the heck are you smoking to write this junk for your Hate America Club members. You are a funny guy with your delusional thoughts. America the Beautiful ain't going nowhere but up. Like I told you severally, The Eagle will keep soaring. Lol.
pls if you dont have any reasonable evidence to discredit his write up, we would appreciate it if you could stay silent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only In Africa! / Kamala Harris Is A Runs Girl And A Bimbo / Bin Laden Died Five Years Ago”- Cia Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.