Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket (11930 Views)

The Moment Buhari Arrived Dikko Stadium In Katsina For His Final Campaign / See The Moment Buhari Entered Stadium In Kano For His Rally(Video&Pix) / Lai Mohammed's Outfit To Real Madrid Stadium In Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Blue3k(m): 1:33am On Jul 12, 2017
Isaiah Eka

Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom has approved the construction of a 10,000 capacity stadium for Eket town.

The Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Monday Uko, made the disclosure while inspecting the old Eket Stadium on Wednesday.

Uko said that the action of the governor was a renewed move to develop and expand sports infrastructure in the state.

He said that the construction of the new facility would be completed before May 2018.

He said the stadium would have tartan tracks for athletics, practicing pitch and a main bowl.

The commissioner said that the facility when completed would decongest state-sponsored football competitions from Uyo and offer the residents of the city opportunity to watch top flight football.

“We are not going to inherit anything from the old stadium.

“Everything here will give way for a brand new stadium which by the grace of God will be completed before the end of May 2018.

“We are going to construct a stadium that will take at least 10,000 spectators and going by the enthusiasm and quality that the governor attaches to projects, the stadium should attract international matches.’’

On the National Youth Games, the commissioner said that athletes who excelled at the last state games would represent the Akwa Ibom in the forthcoming competition in Ilorin.

He said the decision was to assist them develop their talents.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Eket Stadium was constructed by the Eket Local Government Area in 1994 and had hosted top flight club, Mobil Pegasus FC.

NAN also reports the facility is currently in a dilapidated state.

Source: http://www.nan.ng/sports/akwa-ibom-govt-build-stadium-eket/
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Desyner: 1:39am On Jul 12, 2017
We need factories and not a stadium.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Blue3k(m): 1:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Annother stadium isn't there better things to do then with tax money other than building more stadiums. How conested is the Uyo stadium really? Someone tell me I'm there often enough to know.

“Everything here will give way for a brand new stadium which by the grace of God will be completed before the end of May 2018.

Lol doubt it when does anything go this perfect. This seem like an attempt to score cheap political points ahead of elections. There's better projects they should focus on completing like upgrading Ibom Power from 190mw to 685mw.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Onyinye15(f): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2017
People are hungry leave this political stadium pls

There are other project crying for urgent attention

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by rocknation62(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2017
MEANWHILE

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
This is a welcome development..

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by muller101(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
This man is not serious. Spectacle wearing governor like Chipmunks

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by alegbeleye(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
Avenue to get some set of people rich. Good development sha.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by holatin(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
abeg incase the contractor is reading this, I am very experiences in both household and industrial plumbing.

just let me perform wonder on your project, the water, the waste,the fire security and drainage.

am your man.

no advertisement small.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by MRAKBEE(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
Good development but i think there other areas that need urgent attentions.there is a stadium in eket alredy and the state government is still indebted to Julius berger after the construction of the giant stadium in Uyo, a project which i think is just an edifice as the facilities are yet to be fully utilized while our one-wing super eagles have lost virtually all the matches they played there.

senator Godswill Akpabio, his predecessor was fond of embarking on white elephant projects in the name of good governance.. Go to the interior parts of the state and you will see abject poverty and complete abandonment by government.Good government must not only be measured by what we hear from the mouths of our modern day slave masters called politicians but what is obtainable at the grassroot level because that is the root of democracy and good government.
While the north is busy taking giant steps to reduce unemployment through the introduction of state npower programme like what is happening here in kebbi as well as reduce mass illiteracy through the payment of students bursary and granting of scholarships to indigenous students of tertiary institutions, southern governors are still bent on getting cheap popularity through white elephant projects like the proposed eket stadium.
I think the already constructed eket stadium shud be renovated and its capacity increased if need be in the light of the growing rate of unemployment and recession.. Posterity shall judge us well if we do the right thing now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Benbisco(f): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
For wetin again na? The one the former Governor built in Uyo wetin do am? The roof dey leak?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by alegbeleye(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
chijioke0101:
make money call or whatsapp the number below
Play for me abeg, I'll pay you back when I win
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by oviejnr(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
chijioke0101:
make money call or whatsapp the number below
no be only money call. Gerout sad

What do u gain from spamming every page on NL to cheat people?? You should win and make yourself rich so you won't be posting this on every pages on here.

12 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
Another stadium? For what? Nsuto mumu idea be this one?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by harriet412(f): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
angry

This man no wan get sense..the one they built b4, have they finished maintaining it. It has turned to Stadium for church activities..
I get, he wants to score cheap points for his political agenda. There are other project left undone that needs to be completed... Smh

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Marcelinho(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
In as much as we all need development in the State, building another stadium now is a total waste of tax payers sweat. I thought we have more pressing needs to attain to.

Gov. Udom please differentiate between needs and want.....thank you

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by IgboticGirl(f): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2017
for me i think the idea is good and also bad

first the good part is that Akwa ibom is the only state gaining from football match now because of there magnificant stadium in uyo

the bad one is that Akwa bom needs industries right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2017
Akwaibom have developed a special conduit for siphoning money... political father just says " build a stadium and that's all, they won't know how the funds were really spent " angry

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by manchester1: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2017
good project. investing in sports is a nice idea
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by oviejnr(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2017
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by kygo(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2017
Misplaced priorities. .what does he need another stadium for? Just another way of stealing money..smh

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2017
Good, very good, matchet him sad angry nonsense undecided
oviejnr:

What do u gain from spamming every page on NL to cheat people?? You should win and make yourself rich so you won't be posting this on every pages on here.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Marineetyon(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2017
misplace priority...when he cannot even maintain the existing stadium. what happens to building industries...he s anxious of having a stadium named after him.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Pavore9: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2017
Stadium? When the one in Uyo is still there!

May be they have calculated the revenues they will get from hiring it out for crusades and other activities because they cannot convince me it about youth development through sports.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by kjhova(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2017
Do we all just complain by default? Is this a Nigerian trait??

The government of Akwa Ibom concludes to build a new stadium in Eket to compliment the functional one at Uyo and a man in Lagos, Abuja or Enugu is e-complaining about wastage!

Have you done the feasibility to conclude that the project is a waste? When the Akpabio administration built the one in Uyo, we also screamed blue murder yet today, the stadium has proven commercially viable.

Kudos to the government on this one as I am confident that it won't be a white elephant.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Andylegacy: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2017
up akwa ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by hugakin: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2017
Nice..
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by selfmadeboss: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
oviejnr:

that your pic eh shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by NoBetterNigeria: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2017
Not again... we don't need that now.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by SplendidE(f): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2017
The stadium governor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident Prevention: FG To Equip 40 Million Children With Reflective Jackets / LASG Signs MoU With Fintech Company, Etransact On Management Of Setbacks / Oyo LP Guber Candidate, Akinwale Dumps Party For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.