Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (13262 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / PHCN Rejects Naira Coins as mode of payments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Jimiyke(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2007
The new naira note that will be launched on 28th feb.

What did you guyz think about it, making ^20.in coin?. Hmmm, that's funny smiley
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2007
yea soon you wil be buying things for N19.50kobo

you get to use coins more wink
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Jimiyke(m): 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2007
any country that does not make use of coin is useless, so i think nija is geting wise now.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2007
I prefer notes to coins. I hope they're doing this because the coin is cheaper to make.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by eniola1310(f): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2007
I dont think they know what they are doing. there's no way they can force the nigerians to use the coins. changing all those notes into coin would only cause inflation esp in lagos. the market women always have a way around the whole thing.

my conclusion: it's a terrible idea
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by abdkabir(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2007
Lets add some flesh to this.

Find attached a pic of the New notes.

Bon appetite!!

Attention to the 419: Abeg make una no start printing o. EFCC is on d look; cool cool shocked shocked shocked

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by abdkabir(m): 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2007
Behold, the WAZOBIA,

Cheers.

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by abdkabir(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
The New 2 Naira note.

Infact who gave it that name NAIRA

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2007
looks interesting-ly ugly the cpins that is

All those white space on the notes looks like writing pads, more reason to scribble an address on it
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Badman888(m): 12:40am On Feb 25, 2007
not bad, but the white space is the one that am concerned about, and the coin is kinda a nice idea but who is used to carrying coins in Nigeria.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 12:49am On Feb 25, 2007
the coins are a bit undecided, they look like the £2; they should have left the N1 coin the way it is
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Badman888(m): 12:51am On Feb 25, 2007
and the N1 looks like $2CDN
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Tmoni(m): 2:02am On Feb 25, 2007
THE coins look nice
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Vongauche(m): 12:06am On Feb 26, 2007
why not make 100 , 200 & 500 notes as coins as well as the 1 & 2 naira notes plus the kobo coins but keep all others (5,10, 20, 50 & 1000) as notes?

i'm not a whizzkid in economics (sp?) but I think people would guard the 100 , 200 & 500 coins jealously and would be unwilling to spend it. Yes, doing so would defeat the rationale for having high denominations but won't it cause inflation to be slower?

as for the new notes, i think they're too fat. they should be thinner and i agree that there's too much "white space". i prefer the look of the old one naira coin but i guess this one is cheaper to make.

Mr ConSOLUDOtion carry go!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by azorjiu(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2007
hope the coins are not as fat and heavy as they seem.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by edatika(m): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2007
azorjiu:

hope the coins are not as fat and heavy as they seem.

we will soon know,
afterall it will soon be out
for our use grin
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by lizzy47(f): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2007
I think this is crazy; a waist of time, money, energy and what have u, maybe in future it might become a kool idea but for now its unnecessary. I totally agree with u eniola
eniola1310:

I don't think they know what they are doing. there's no way they can force the nigerians to use the coins. changing all those notes into coin would only cause inflation esp in lagos. the market women always have a way around the whole thing.

my conclusion: it's a terrible idea

Well lets just wait and see what happens. Although they look pretty.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by freddie1(m): 11:30am On Feb 27, 2007
Good design. I will spend them very very very well.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by diyobdw(f): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2007
i prefer the note though the design look like a copied concept
but wait o, what would i buy at N1 or N2 In lagos?
What the use?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Rogo: 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2007
not spending them well is the matter at hand, respecting and maintaining them is a responsibility one must take.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2007
Polymer notes are more durable than paper notes, so one doesn't need to 'respect' them so much. Yay!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by faketeeth(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2007
damn!!! those new notes are bad and i think it's setting a new standard for other african countries (at least).
let's just keep it in mind that it's sure another way to embezzle money.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ify2love2(f): 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2007
WILL IT IMPROVE OUR LOTS?
I Wonder cry cry cry
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by casper(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2007
the fact that the 20 naira is polymer is very lovely. that is one great achievement.

it will preserve the currency for a long time.

ok now what of 100s 200s and 500s?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2007
I think those ones dont get as dirty as the N20 notes
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ogbes(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2007
Why the use of 3 languages on the back of the notes ?Are they saying that other tribes are not relevant in the scheme of things ? IS THIS THE ONE NIGERIA WE PREACH?Why do we then think that our brothers in[b] NIGER DELTA [/b] will not continue with hostage taking ?when they are always sideline!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by eniola1310(f): 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2007
the note are so fineee! no thanks to nigerian populace, they wont be fine for long

i wonder if we can use the coins as jewelry, wont mind wearing them as pendant.

silly uhn?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by casper(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2007
LoverBwoy:

I think those ones don't get as dirty as the N20 notes

what i meant was that are they still going to be in circulation?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by youngdigi(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2007
ogbes:

Why the use of 3 languages on the back of the notes ?Are they saying that other tribes are not relevant in the scheme of things ? IS THIS THE ONE NIGERIA WE PREACH?Why do we then think that our brothers in[b] NIGER DELTA [/b] will not continue with hostage taking ?when they are always sideline!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad

exactly what i was going to say, whats the relevance of putting 3 languages in the back of the note, thats kinda segregating all the other tribes, the fact that these 3 languages are the most common languages doesnt mean that the others do not exist, i think that is just irrelevant, and they could have made the naira notes without that
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by my2cents(m): 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2007
All hail the return of ECOMOG tongue

If past experience is of any use, then I would like to say it will b interesting to c if vendors accept the coins. Back during the ECOMOG days, most vendors refused to accept them, even though it was legal tender. Even more disturbing was that most of the coins ended up being smelted by mallams grin
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2007
@ Seun

Coins are not cheaper to make, but they are cheaper to maintain, hence they tend to last longer than notes (papper money)
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by godfrey920(m): 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2007
i want to be cbn governor grin since all the past ones always comes up an improvement on the naira.FG take note o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today August 15th, 2023 / How To Apply For Monetization Of Facebook Page In Nigeria / Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.