Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) (26770 Views)

Modu Sheriff Dies In Fire Outbreak / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by newsbook: 8:14am On Jul 12, 2017
LIVE UPDATE: Supreme Court rules on PDP leadership tussle

The Supreme Court will today (Wednesday) decide on the authentic leadership of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

The contest is between the Ali Sheriff, who was purportedly removed at the party’s May 21 2016 convention, and the national caretaker committee chaired by Ahmed Makarfi.‎

While the Makarfi faction enjoys the support of most of the organs of the PDP, the Sheriff faction was declared the authentic leadership by the Court of Appeal.
Many members of the PDP including former governors and current lawmakers have since decamped from the party, citing the division in its leadership as reason.
The pronouncement of the Supreme Court today is expected to‎ finally resolve the leadership crisis.
PREMIUM TIMES brings you live updates from the Supreme Court.

There is a heavy presence of armed security operatives at the Three arm zone etrance to the apex court
By 8:36 a.m., the court room was already filled to the brim.

Members and supporters of the Makarfi caretaker committee arrive the courtroom.

9:03a.m. Supreme Court justices led by CJN Walter Onnoghen enters court room

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/236647-live-update-supreme-court-rules-pdp-leadership-tussle.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Aburi001: 9:20am On Jul 12, 2017
We shall know the REAL "Lion King" TODAY so that power tussle between "Jackals and Hyenas" can be finally put to rest... grin grin

While the "Little Animals" can live peacefully in their kingdom grin grin

I'm sure Fayose did not sleep last night till day break grin

8 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Ermacc: 9:20am On Jul 12, 2017
final battle, zombies are praying for a sheriff victory.

29 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by DONSMITH123(m): 9:20am On Jul 12, 2017
Let me petch my tent here for Observation mood.

#TeamSheriff cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

GEJ should stop seeking relevance in PDP, he is a failure.
Makarfi should respect the Supreme Court's ruling and go engage in fish farming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by holatin(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
thought I will never hear of this PDP caucus dispute again but lo its grazing my sleepy eyes again this morning.

may God help them settle and still saty together, in as much they are all criminal,
the existence of a party like pdp will
checkmate any party in power.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by emmasege: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
To God be the glory for this victory for democracy!

The only true national party may have just been woken up from their slumber.

1 Like

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by mokaflex(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Too the loser of the battle btw this two at the Supreme Court, I'm thinking Makarfi would lose anyways and then I can't wait for all those who claimed they would retire or leave the PDP keep to their words. Oya: Bode George, Ayo Peterson the rock Fayose etc. I dey wait.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Kennitrust(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
in the real sense.
this are the people who should be fighting political fight

not we the common man killing ourselves for people who doesn't know u.

it should their family members
and other close relative cos
they are the direct beneficiary of politics

don't waste ur life for politicians

BE WISE!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by arma: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Ok
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by DWJOBScom(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
I really want this to go the way of Makarfi

We need a strong opposition for this scam and yet so clueless Government!

Sheriff has no point in credibility and will definitely sell to the highest bidder.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
Is going to be great today.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
See their wugly faces.

Fighting to captain a sinking ship.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by sweetkev(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
Na dem sabi....abeg make I go hustle for money to eat bread and beans. Dinner never sure self. undecided

4 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by bigwig10(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
Anybody the judgement favours is only wasting his time
Nigerians will b the one to decide who to vote for in future n not party things again

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
#TeamSheriff
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Dannyset(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
The CJN will have no choice but to help his dying party out this time around. But whatever the case, that party is dead before its revival.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Untainted007: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
Which court ruling again on an already DEAD PARTY. Either one of them should go and form a party and move their members to the new ones instead of them trying to kill themselves over ''spilled milk''. Starting afresh may be way better than trying to resurrect the dead PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Hexilon: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
smiley
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by adedfact: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
first to comment. Onnoghen wil deliver dis judgement in favour of Makarfi i guess.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by magoo10(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
the supreme court should disband the two groups and order the board of trustees to set up a committee to organize a national convention where new leaders will be elected

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Bossjosh: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
let's see how it goes
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by bakila: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
arma:
Ok
mokaflex:
G
Aburi001:
Ge ge ge grin
Kennitrust:
t
femboy21:
cool
Space bookers panel on Makarfi and Sheriff.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by ALAYORMII: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
The game will be drawn
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
Makaffi will win this

And sherrif will fight

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by olamiposi007(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
May good verdict fall on them.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by fran6co(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
I have nothing to comment yet
Those in favor of sherrif shd click like
.and those in favour of markaffi shd click share
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by 5starmilitant: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
If Sheriff wins, then I can say PDP is dead. Markafi and his group are the hope of PDP. When you carefully look at markafi's group(Wike, Fayose, FFK, peter Obi and others), you see bravery. Unlike sheriff's group (Matthew Iduoriyekwemwen, jimoh ibrahim, governor Dickson).

4 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
I don buy land beside ftc on this one
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Jerry2i(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
. Just thinking.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay: "Saraki, Dogara’s Allowances, An Explosive Issue, Will Blow Up Nigeria" / PDP Convention: Wike, Fintiri, Saraki, Okowa, Bala Emerge Power Brokers / Shina Peller Wins APC Iseyin/kajola/itesiwaju Federal Constituency Reps’ Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.