Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe (19718 Views)

Poll: Do I Pay the Rent or Go Ahead and Pay my Tithe Now

Rent First: 63% (105 votes)
Tithe Takes Precedent: 36% (60 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by evangy69: 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
Rom.8:14 "As many as are led by d spirit of God are d sons of God". by coming to this forum to be led means:-
1) You are a sheep without a sheepherd.
2)You have successfully open urself to wrong sources,thereby opening urself to demons & confusion.
3)d world will always lead u astray. The benefit of every child of God is to be taught of d Lord.
4)There is not going to be a time d world will agree wt d Lord.

finally my advice to u is in COLLOSIAN 2:6-7.

cOabba
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by evangy69: 11:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
Don't forget Colossians 2:8-10. pls learn to settle d matter of d kingdom within d kingdom.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by woye77: 12:11am On Feb 04, 2010
well let us get something clear here - the pastor was not trying to coerce you into parting with your money - it was a co-incidence which the devil is now playing upon in order to paint the pastor in bad light - in this situation, it becomes an issue of faith - reality vs faith - if your faith is strong enough and you are sure God will make a way for you to pay your rent, by all means pay your tithe but if your faith is not strong enough to lean totally on God's providence, pay your house rent - but endeavour to pay your tithe at a later date bearing it in mind that the tithe is the Lord's and He is only lending you to pay your rent so it must be returned to Him
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by mantraa: 12:14am On Feb 04, 2010
If you are a true believer you should pay the tithe first and pray to God that you dont fall into arrears with your rent and get evicted.

God and your pastor needs your money now!

If you pray hard enough God will bless you with everything you need and more.

Good luck
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by badman(m): 12:45am On Feb 04, 2010
if the large sum of money the poster received is a gift, his he suppose to pay tithe. thought tithe is from wat u earn. if he pays tithe and God provides to pay his rent, does he pay another one from wats provided. pls let someone shed some light on this tithing issue
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Rastamann: 1:23am On Feb 04, 2010
Pay your rent and then do whatever you like with the balance of your huge money. You need a house (shelter) before a church. At least your church paster pays his rent and have a place to lay his head before thinking of church.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by GL(f): 2:34am On Feb 04, 2010
badman:

if the large sum of money the poster received is a gift, his he suppose to pay tithe. thought tithe is from wat u earn. if he pays tithe and God provides to pay his rent, does he pay another one from wats provided. pls let someone shed some light on this tithing issue

i'm quite confused about that too, i thought people only paid tithe on their salaries.

@ poster,

in your situation i would either pay my rent and give the rest to the poor, or pay my rent and pay the tithe afterwards. i understand that feeling of being coerced to give, don't give in if it's not from your heart. God is not going to get you evicted in revenge. you needed money for your rent and God has provided it, pay it and thank Him for His provision.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Theblessed(f): 3:30am On Feb 04, 2010
[b]Well, God is first in everything we do! And, this chicken or egg dilemma can be  tough, though! However my take is, if you have enough money for both, pay your tithe first and rent later.  But where money is tight, I ask how strong is your faith in God? 

If you have strong faith in God go ahead and pay your tithe with your last dime, as our God knows our problems before even we could open our mouths in prayers to him.  God works in mysterious ways - he will definitely touch someone's heart to assist you in whichever way they can this month.  Even your landlord/lady may have a change of heart on this months rent, you never know. And if he/she doesn't, by law he suppose to give you 6 months eviction notice before evicting you - you see, its not even easier for the landlords/ladies as we might think. 

So, go ahead and do it without looking back and once done, forget about what might be i.e. everything about your financial situation! Also, remember this, and this has always been my faith, hope and banner in trying times. The Gospel according to Matthew, told us that 'He fed the birds of air (the Ravens) and clothed the lilies of the field then, what makes us think he won't take care of us?' The whole thing centres on your faith in God if only we believe and trust him'. I know some would say, na trust you go chop? But I say, ignore it! Give God a try with all your hearth and faith!

After all, what's gonna be is gonna be and, it's not gonna be the end of the world, is it It's important to have faith in God and if you don't then, don't bother doing it and winging later because our God do not like 'a frustrated giver rather, a Cheerful one'. To that, I would say try God and see, you won't regret it especially, when you're giving to God's work in your need - don't underestimate the anointing!

So, take a pick - your choice!!
[/b]
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 04, 2010
Tithe first, only if u are willing to. But if not I advise you pay ur rent,  So it wont be a wasted effort.
cos God only looks at the heart's willingness not the money.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by folly24: 4:23am On Feb 04, 2010
you don,t have to waste yr money on tithe, since u have not given yr life to Christ, otherwise u 'll know what to do
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by ec3l(m): 5:05am On Feb 04, 2010
Dude let me tell u the truth, u did not come here for lessons on tithing and renting. I think u believe in tithing, u might have even preached it before, even given it before only probably in lesser amounts. Now a lot of zeros have been added and it has become an issue. Ur here to find a way to drown the voice of ur conscience or even God telling u what is right. Believe in ur pastor and you'll prosper even when it seems foolish. U did not get the money through hard work cos we all know some work harder than u'll ever do yet they dont see the fruits. Maybe its God blessing u, maybe its a little test where the step u take shapes ur tomorrow. Paying today's rent wouldnt pay tomorrow's, but tithing today secures ur finance, its like an insurance. U seem close wit ur pastor, maybe ur even a leader or something, dont let the people here confuse u. If ur looking for reasons not to tithe, u'd find more than enough. If ur looking for reasons to, well u'd find more than enough also. But that doesnt make anything right or wrong. Tithing is God's principle, its crazy to the human mind but thats why its God's way. The bible is full of people who tithed with the last thing on them, and they never ran short. Be wise and tithe, God is watching. He is insterested in knowing what u'll do with the little in ur hand, believe me if u cant give Him now it seems difficult, u wont when all is rosy. Tithe, then pay ur rent. Giving to the poor is great, but so is sowing seeds, giving free will offerings, first fruits and tithing. They all have different ways of coming back, trust me i know. Dont doubt, just tithe, believe and God wont fail u.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by afiq(m): 6:37am On Feb 04, 2010
Pay your rent 1st or else u'll end up homeless- your pastor will use your tithe to purchase his luxury condo.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by texazzpete(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2010
ec3l:

Believe in your pastor and you'll prosper even when it seems foolish.

Some of us would rather believe in God, not our Pastors.

@Poster
This is a truly amusing story, if you like go pay your money to the Pastor. When you start sleeping under the bridge, don't say we didn't warn you.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Azibalua(f): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2010
pay your tithe get the blessing you need. Let the devoured be rebuked for thy sake. If not next time the challenge may not be house rent oh
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by ec3l(m): 7:53am On Feb 04, 2010
@ texazzpete ur right.
If u believe the bible is God's word then u should know its the bible that said "believe in thy prophet (pastors,priests etc) and so shalt thou prosper". Its God's words not mine. If God says believe in your pastor, kini then? U can hang your life on that. Besides how do believe in God u dont see if u cant believe in the people responsible for communicating Him to you?

poster, bible says medidate in God's word so that u may observe to do all that is written there in and then u shall prosper and have good success. Tithing is one of the things written in God's word that we are to observe and do. So do it and prosper, man. Dude when u pastor talks about faith, healing, prosperity, salvation, love and stuffs, u dont have probs with Him. Dont start naa, doesnt speak well of u, believe me.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Babyboy26(m): 7:59am On Feb 04, 2010
Dude,dnt let anyone decieve you,pay ur tithe and before u know it,u have already paid for the house.Even,the bible says put ur faith in God and he will perfect all that concerns u nd ur household.

Please,pay ur tithe nd see the great blessing that is awaiting you in hundreds of folds.

Remember,success is yours in all u do,AMEN!!!!!!
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Cogito(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2010
Pay your rent. God doesn't need your money (to anybody that thinks he does, prove it to me)
If, God Forbid, you lose your house because you fell short on your rent and you then ask God why? He might say, what about that fat lump of money I gave to you the other day? You went to give it to that man did you not?

Sha, it's your decision.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Enigma(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2010
Too many of our people have been brainwashed because they have never learned to think for themselves, read for themselves or have good comprehension skills. It is doubly sad that the youth/young persons some of who attended or are attending university are also easily fooled and brainwashed.

Any person with two brain cells who makes a decent effort to study the Bible will see that "paying tithes" is [u]NOT[/U] an obligation for a Christian in the first place!!!!!!

A Christian is only required to decide in his own mind what he wants to give; if his mind is renewed and he also follows the spirit of God he will know what is proper to give. Therefore, the chap can pay his rent and decide on how much to give - whether to the church or to another good cause.

I challenge all the misguided and misinformed people saying "pay tithe first", "pay by faith" and similar nonsense to put their brains to use and study all the Bible passages on tithes/tithing for a week. If after that, they still want to keep to their superstition instead of true Christian doctrine, they are then welcome to it and only to be pitied.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by otukpo(f): 8:40am On Feb 04, 2010
waiting for a sincere advice.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by newsroom: 8:44am On Feb 04, 2010
Insert Quote
Too many of our people have been brainwashed because they have never learned to think for themselves, read for themselves or have good comprehension skills. It is doubly sad that the youth/young persons some of who attended or are attending university are also easily fooled and brainwashed.

Any person with two brain cells who makes a decent effort to study the Bible will see that "paying tithes" is NOT an obligation for a Christian in the first place!!!!!!

A Christian is only required to decide in his own mind what he wants to give; if his mind is renewed and he also follows the spirit of God he will know what is proper to give. Therefore, the chap can pay his rent and decide on how much to give - whether to the church or to another good cause.

I challenge all the misguided and misinformed people saying "pay tithe first", "pay by faith" and similar nonsense to put their brains to use and study all the Bible passages on tithes/tithing for a week. If after that, they still want to keep to their superstition instead of true Christian doctrine, they are then welcome to it and only to be pitied.

Infact this poster ve said all i have to say. As far as this topic is concerned, there is no dilemma in it. PAY YOUR RENT.I repeat PAY YOUR RENT, PAY YOUR RENT, A word is enough for the wise.PLS be wise
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by MrCrackles(m): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2010
Poster
Fu/ck off the tithes and pay your rents. . .
Your pastor is waiting to pounce if you drop your hard earned cash. . . .And you will prolly end up on the streets as a result. . .
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by kenbull: 8:56am On Feb 04, 2010
2Co 9:6  But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

2Co 9:7  Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

if u believe in God, u would know that he is not an author of confusion. how do u ripe bountifully when u think what u have to sow is sparing. well if u don't sow at all it means u will not reap. why do u think yam farmers keep some yams in the barn  to sow instead of eating. becos he wants to reap them in the next harvest. but  my brother God also said give according to ur heart, not grudgingly or of necessity. so let no one deceive u, tithing is not a necessity, it is out of will. so please let ur heart and faith in the word of God direct you. and lastly read 2cor 9:8  be bless.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by zaragoza(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2010
@Pastor jo agbaje u are such a criminal and crook pastor, some one like u wld advice som1 to use money 4 medical bill 4 paying tithe!
@the blessed
u can keep on deceiving yourself!!!

1 Like

Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by yjay(f): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2010
end up on the streets cos u pay tithes, thats a new one! benefits of tithing comes in different forms, protection, financial prosperity, healing etc so for that person that said he gave pounds sterling & got no financial reward for it,,,,u just need to understand the way God operates,
@poster, it becomes more difficult when u ve more zeros believe me i know, i find myself wondering abt wat i cld do with the 10% too sometimes & if one thinks abt such things  we wont get anything done, one just needs to ask for grace to be able to do certain things but be rest assured that God doesnt lie if he says bring ye all tithes into thy storehouse so that there might be food & see if i will not pour out a blessing unto u, he certainly ll do it, just obey thats all, we just need to play our part & leave the pastors out of this, even if the pastor spends the money thats HIS problem not urs & those kind of pple always always get wats coming to them, when one hears abt calamities befalling them we wonder, u need to do wats rite, paying ur tithes doesnt mean u ll end up on the streets,
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by otokx(m): 9:15am On Feb 04, 2010
The poster is a big fool for mentioning the money to the pastor; better go and pay your tithe, idiota
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by DoubleN(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2010
If i was you,i will rush and pay my[b] Tithe[/b] first.Tithing is a duty and should be confused with giving to the needy or giving an offering. It is compulsory to tithe!When you tithe, the windows of heaven are opened up and the devourer is rebuked!Please do not be deceived and do the right thing. God will surely make a way out for you to pay your rent. After all is he not God grin grin
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by princekevo(m): 9:22am On Feb 04, 2010
@ poster
At this point i will advice to just go ahead use the money to pay for your rent.
I sense two things from you post.
Either you are a hypocrites or just one the christian mockers.
Giving should be a thing and decision between you and God.

This is a simple mistake many Nigerian Christian are making these days. Due to the abuse of God's money by some today's pastors many Christians have this preconceived idea that they are giving their Tithe and offering to the pastor and not to God. That is why people like you would come to NL to create a poll b4 giving to God(man), God indeed has suffered embarassed embarassed. With these conception, we give indeed, but don't get the blessings for giving. Why? Becoz we gave to man(pastor) and not God, as such pastor gets richer and the people are not blessed.
Coming to NL to ask for man's opinion b4 giving to God, means you are no more giving to God but to man(your pastor). People who give to God don't even seek for their pastors opinion, but as the lord directs them.

I advice you don't waste your money, so that you wont come back here on NL mocking yourself in the name of mocking God on how he made you homeless after giving to him. God will not be pleased with your Tithe even if you considered paying it at last, so just proceed in using it for your house rent OK. God bless u. Next time i advice if indeed you wanna give to God you don't go abt creating national poll, ask God to direct you(if indeed you know him).

I have always said this if you think in your heart your pastor is not using God's money for God's work, you better move out from the church to a place you can give whole hearted to God and not to man. It is time Christians should stop being hypocritical. You are in a church where you bear some grudges against the pastor and you still comeback every sunday, how can you be blessed? I attend a church where i believe 100% that the money and material resources  in the house of God is used for God's work, as such when am giving i give whole hearted, knowing that am giving to God and not man. The word of God shall never change, neither the gospel altered just becoz we think some pastors are not doing the right thing. I still believe there are still men of God in Nigeria that still hold on to that old rugged cross, that unadulterated Gospel, but due to our itching ears, we always fall victims  in the hands these pastors who tells us what we want hear.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2010
Id rather spend all my savings in paying school fees for underprivileged kids up to university level than spending a single cent on some con-man armed with a Bible.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Boboribo: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2010
Pay your tithe first, pay your rent next, then your NEPA bill, your water rate before you spend on yourself. God bless you.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by hbabe(f): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2010
Ije004:

Id rather spend all my savings in paying school fees for underprivileged kids up to university level than spending a single cent on some con-man armed with a Bible.

This seems like a good idea. The church no longer helps the needy and orphans as they should instead the 'con-men armed with bibles' build mansions for themselves and live like kings. I ofen pay my tithe to orphanages and I always feel fulfilled.

@topic
Pay your house rent! No pastor will offer you accommodation if you are thrown out and getting money from them is an impossibility.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Bukittes(f): 10:37am On Feb 04, 2010
@ Poster, you know the right thing to do but you are just here drowning your conscience. Behold this day I set before you good and evil, choose ye this day. You have a choice! Choose not neglecting your inner voice. You've already been paying tithe on lesser money so why is the number of figures on this one confusing you?
You know the first thing you should have done immediately the money came was to remove your tithe b4 thinking sef. There's nobody that does not come to this crossroad once in while when you have needs staring you in the face and you have the tithe also to pay. But you know what God is ever faithful to His word. If He says He will bless your bread and water after doing the right thing then you can just be rest assured He will do it. Remember you don't have to carry a gun b4 robbing God. Forget what your pastor will do with the tithe, its not your business, thats btwn him and God. Your own transaction is btwn you and God too. Sow your seed not grudgingly and reap your harvest. His word is Ye and Amen!!!
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by seyenko(m): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2010
Your Pastor is a thief, he should be handed over to OPC for jungle justice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. / Why Do We Have More Ladies In Churches Than Men? / Religion Section 'awards Night'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.