Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Helped You Get That Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Helped You Get That Job. (11235 Views)

How Has Nairaland Helped You To Get A Job? / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Dear Jobseekers, What's Your Pain And How Can You Be Helped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by kaymart: 9:26am On Jul 17, 2017
it was because of my alma-mata. The Director loves graduates from Uniben.

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2017
a very nice thread to encourage our brothers nd sisters that r hopeful of jobs.
I got my 1st job by the help of God nd d little connection my dad had wit d director.
I got my 2nd job which s bigger Dan d 1st job tru d special favor of God.
its a federal job nd this time my dad had no connection neither did I knw anybody.
I am also believing God for a bigger one I am expecting.
Brothers nd Sisters! God answers prayers but u ve to prepare urself. start applying here nd there and be prayerful too.

2 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by bisotec(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2017
GOD
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Entom(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2017
I got my first contract/job because I mistakenly forwarded my CV to the MD's email address. I sent the CV after I got the information about the job. So because of that my interview was a work over. They later discovered that We dont know (MD and I dont know each other at all)a week to the end of the contract. I got my second job through the MD my late father helped 35 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by lala45: 10:00am On Jul 17, 2017
Where is the NGO,i don't mind doing a casual job there,cn u please inbox me
kwaso2:
I got my first job by volunteering to work for free for an international NGO. It looks stupid but I was keen to be used by the big boys in d office......but it payed off big time
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by AHCB: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2017
Nepotism and honesty. grin
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Franky826: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
I haven't gotten a job yet but I know I'll get one through Nairaland. I just finished from uni and I need a job before I go for service. I'm interested in any decent job that pays 30k and above in Warri. My prospective employer should pls pm me

you can modify this post and enhance your opportunities by at least typing course of study, your speciality and the likes. who knows that prospective employer might PM you

2 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by EGUNSOLA14: 10:18am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Hell yeah! I knew I had no option during the job interview, i wasn't gonna settle for less!

But what got me to the interview room? Composure! This ensured I didn't fret during the phone interview and answered the questions asked briefly and aptly.

What got me that far? Uniqueness! My CV is always the pick of the lot, always stands out in a stack of resumes. And yeah, it's self edited!
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by EBUBECHISOM(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2017
I can work in Lagos or anywhere oo. Also finished school this year. I studied industrial chemistry. Anyone with job should please help me oo 08106241200

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by EGUNSOLA14: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Hell yeah! I knew I had no option during the job interview, i wasn't gonna settle for less!

But what got me to the interview room? Composure! This ensured I didn't fret during the phone interview and answered the questions asked briefly and aptly.

What got me that far? Uniqueness! My CV is always the pick of the lot, always stands out in a stack of resumes. And yeah, it's self edited!
kindly share a copy of ur cv with me through egunsolam@gmail.com. Thanks!
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by SafetyFirst(m): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2017
UbChapter:

Pls how much is the cost for the HSE course now? I mean the lowest level. I am thinking of doing one before my service.

General HSE, with the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria, is around #45,000.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by EBUBECHISOM(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2017
emsco:
can you work in lagos

I can work in Lagos or any other place oo. Also finished school this year. Thanks
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Emhi30: 10:46am On Jul 17, 2017
Hello all. I am a computer science graduate passionate about ICT, with a strong special interest in Enterprise Network and System Administration (Routing & Switching and Window server & Domains plus Security). I finished service last November, 2016. I did a small job and raised some money for an IT/Telecoms training with TTC Mobile Limited.

I also have some knowledge of Virtualization. I don't have any Certification yet because of the dollar exchange rate effect and lack of funds. Please people, help me and help my passion, I am very enthusiastic when it comes learning, and always love growth opportunities. I will be willing and ready to go for further trainings coupled with practical hands-on, on-the-job experiences to obtain necessary Certifications as soon as I am able start work.

Please anyone who can help with jobs as an IT Support Personnel/ IT Network Support/IT System Support; Or any Entry-Level IT job role with a decent pay should please do .

I am conversant with concepts such as VLANs, InterVLAN Routing, Routing Protocols such as OSPF and EIGRP, Static routing, Access Control lists, Remote Access, DHCP, DNS, FTP, Windows Active Directory, Domains, Active Directory Group Policies, Organization Units and Groups plus some Hardware and Software knowledge. Also conversant with desktop operating systems such as Microsoft Window 7, 8, and 10 plus Server operating Systems such as Microsoft Window server 2008 and 2012. I am calm and very willing to learn always. Learning and growth opportunity motivates me a lot. Your help or Leads would be appreciated.

Thank you.

E-mail: checkariyomichael@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by bravesoul247(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Good day to you. I like your tips and I must say I lacK in some areas you pointed out. I've even submitted CVs but to no avail, please can I get to see a copy of your charming cv so that a brother can be like you and if you don't mind I'd really use some help in this job hunt in terms of vacant positions in your office. Thank you. nnamdianyanwu07@gmail.com
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Pringlez: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2017
SafetyFirst:
A cold email, and it turned out they needed somebody with HSE level 3 certification which I have. The interview was done online, and my appointment letter mailed to me.

Please I will really like to know more or acquire a degree/certification on HSE, can you be of help here?
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2017
EBUBECHISOM:
I can work in Lagos or anywhere oo. Also finished school this year. I studied industrial chemistry. Anyone with job should please help me oo 08106241200

Your post is just 2 lines but I can see many things wrong with it.

1. I don't feel anyone should beg for a job. Stop begging, it makes it obvious you don't deserve one.

2. The oo that comes after almost each sentence is a big turn off.

Job seekers, stop making your cover letter have that begging tune. Don't beg it makes you appear incompetent.

4 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by ThatKING(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2017
getting employed is not an easy task if not connected. you have to depend on favour and grace
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by britbuz(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2017
Fasted, prayed and most importantly, read broadly.

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by kaycyor: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Can I see a sample of your C. V.. How can I get it?
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by PasNina(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2017
First, God helped me. No one else did. I almost ditched the job. My big bro played a part as well by encouraging me to take it.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by franklynn(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Bro do u mind sending me a sample of ur cv plz I need it badly.. anaedobechukwuebuka@gmail.com
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by franklynn(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2017
Please all doz screaming cold emails here n there hw did manage to find d recruiter or HR manager's email abi is it on Google? grin
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by nuesmann(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2017
LINKEDIN
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by UbChapter(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2017
SafetyFirst:

General HSE, with the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria, is around #45,000.

Thank you for that information. Pls do you have any idea of available center within Portharcourt, Uyo or Calabar?
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by UbChapter(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Entom:
I got my first contract/job because I mistakenly forwarded my CV to the MD's email address. I sent the CV after I got the information about the job. So because of that my interview was a work over. They later discovered that We dont know (MD and I dont know each other at all)a week to the end of the contract. I got my second job through the MD my late father helped 35 years ago.

35yrs ago? How old are you now?
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nlevel(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
kaymart:
it was because of my alma-mata.
The Director loves graduates from Uniben.

Boss.I am also a graduate of UNIBEN,2'1 Industrial Chemistry.I need to build a career in Industrial chemistry not for the money but to follow my passion.Kindly be of help.Thanks
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
UbChapter:

35yrs ago? How old are you now?
Is English that hard? ?

"His late father helped 35years ago" and in your own understanding what? He got the job 35years ago by the MD his father helped ? Really #smh
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by UbChapter(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
Youcharia:

Is English that hard? ?

"His late father helped 35years ago" and in your own understanding what? He got the job 35years ago by the MD his father helped ? Really #smh

Do you have to be insultive to correct someone? So what correction(s) have you made at the end now because I still didn't understand you.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by LolaCole1(f): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
UbChapter:

Do you have to be insultive to correct someone? So what correction(s) have you made at the end now because I still didn't understand you.
Probably my tone was a lil bit harsh, but not insulting. Don't confuse the two. And I'm sorry about that.

And I really don't know how else to explain it to you if you didn't understand the last one.

Okay.... He job the job through the MD his Dad helped 35 years ago. (let's say he got the job last year, now the MD already knew the dad Cos the dad helped him 35years ago)

Got
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Jerysinx(m): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
God! I sought for him diligently! and He responded! I spoke in tongues and prophesied more! I walked the streets of this town praying like a mad man! and God didn't embarrass me for it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria / Which One Is Good? Daily Pay Or Monthly Pay? / This Is The Latest Ponzi Scheme Going On Right Now, Please Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.