Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Helped You Get That Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Helped You Get That Job. (11234 Views)

How Has Nairaland Helped You To Get A Job? / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Dear Jobseekers, What's Your Pain And How Can You Be Helped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Kelviniyk01(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Hell yeah! I knew I had no option during the job interview, i wasn't gonna settle for less!

But what got me to the interview room? Composure! This ensured I didn't fret during the phone interview and answered the questions asked briefly and aptly.

What got me that far? Uniqueness! My CV is always the pick of the lot, always stands out in a stack of resumes. And yeah, it's self edited!

Can you do a brother a favour by sending a copy of your CV to kelvinnobleiyk@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Jaydenphoenix: 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
God & my network.

One of the content providers I managed from my previous companies recommended me to a new CP
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nlevel(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
franklynn:
Please all doz screaming cold emails here n there hw did manage to find d recruiter or HR manager's email abi is it on Google? grin

There's a trick u can use to get email addresses of recruiters you want

1.Go to Google.com.ng

2.on the search bar type: "human resource manager" "@yahoo.com ( next one change yahoo.com to gmail.com)

3.Copy all the results

4.Go to www.skymem.com and paste

5.Click on extract

Boom!!! U have personal email addresses of HR mangers in Nigeria

Click on my signature below to learn more about email marketing

Thank me later.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by dtrend(m): 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=NairaSand post=58384283]This thread is for employed Nairalanders to share with job seekers what they think was pivotal in helping them secure that job.

Was it your Uncle, connection, your sexy smile, your fancy suit, sexy look, your competency, your league Ivy degree, your prayers, your luck or you just can't explain (yes. we'd take that for an answer).

Of course I'd open the floor. What helped me get this job was my enthusiasm and my ability to make a conversation

Please let's be brutally honest as joblanders can pick up pivotal lessons. Let's go!

ps. Comment is strictly for employed joblanders. Thank you
I got the job through a referral/friend, the interview and the rest was God and commitment . . . . . . .
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by EngrXrix(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
God, a Lil bit of brains, and a solid connection.. grin .... in nigeria u need connection...
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by carmine9(f): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
carmine9:
this website https://myjobs.com.ng/

By far the best job board in the country!

Funny some job seekers still use jobberman shocked
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by istanboi: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
After service 3 yrs ago, I found myself in a town where the chances of getting a job was too slim. I applied to teach in a sec schl for a little pay. The job was only for graduates but the interview was jst a stroll in the park for me.
While on it, I searched vigorously for a job until I got 2 wonderful opportunities to work in big banks which would have changed my story but I never got those jobs. I felt that i lost those opportunities because my confidence had dropped from so much hopelessness before them. I became a shadow of myself and lost faith. I was also suicidal because I didn't have a support group to fall back on. Right now I'm still in the market..studied a very marketable course yet I'm stuck in this zone.
I hope I find favour before before God someday.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Entom(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
I was 2 years then. You can equally ask me to show you my birth certificate
UbChapter:

35yrs ago? How old are you now?

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by UbChapter(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
Entom:
I was 2 years then. You can equally ask me to show you my birth certificate

Lol.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Resume4grads: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Fate and Destiny.. I didn't even want my job, I went late and sweaty for every interview and even traveled on one occasion but dey still contacted me to reschedule.
I was very nonchalant because I was aiming for bigger companies in d industry. Only for me to see the offer and was like shocked shocked shocked

They paid better or almost the same as the others I wanted. cheesy

Point to note: allow God to work.

2 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by xxgig(m): 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
kaymart:
it was because of my alma-mata.
The Director loves graduates from Uniben.
Hello, I am a graduate of UNIBEN too, B.Eng Chemical Engineering, I'll appreciate if you can link me up. thanks.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by mylove4God(f): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Many wait for job posts and adverts. I do advise individuals to know companies of choice. Reach out to recruiters and managers in a well composed email. Who knows, they can be lucky.

Getting their email addresses is the issue. How do one go about please.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by mylove4God(f): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Many wait for job posts and adverts. I do advise individuals to know companies of choice. Reach out to recruiters and managers in a well composed email. Who knows, they can be lucky.

Getting their email addresses is the issue,I have tried severallying but couldn't. Please do know a way to do so?
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by kwaso2: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thank U. God bless u. Sorry its late
GogetterMD:

Happy birthday wink
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by kwaso2: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Cent91:

boss. good morning. please how did you go about the volunteering.
Thank you .
Summary, u can walk into ur NGO of choice and make ur intentions of working for free known(volunteering). Await their feedback. Note that u are not in it for money, its about the Passion and desire to build it skills cum capacity. Mind ur dictions. U don't want to sound arrogant, u are not helping them by working for free. They are helping u by giving u a platform to build urself and start a career identity.
I wish u goodness
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by citadels(f): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
SafetyFirst:

General HSE, with the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria, is around #45,000.
Hi safety
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by MissIndependent(f): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
I got my first job 1Month before my NYSC POP through a vacancy I saw online. Few months later, a friend sent a watsapp vacancy broadcast message which I reluctantly applied for cos I hardly believe those broadcast messages. I was invited for the interview a month after I applied though I was not the best in the interview panel but I was hired through God's favour and grace. I worked there for two Years and resigned to relocate to another state cos of marriage.

Well 3Months after marriage God used someone on my behalf. I just gave him my CV and he told someone that he trust me so well to deliver. I was invited by the MD he explained the job description to me. It's a job I don't have experience in but he said he knew I will do well cos I have worked in a bigger organisation I Lagos for close to 3years. Well I guess my years of experience, God's grace and favour gave me those Jobs. smiley

Using this opportunity to thank almighty God for always being by my side and for not leaving me whenever I need him most. I LOVE YOU LORD smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by SafetyFirst(m): 9:08am On Jul 27, 2017
citadels:
Hi safety

Hello Citadels, howdy? I'd love to chat with you. Just WhatsApp me and I'll take it from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria / Which One Is Good? Daily Pay Or Monthly Pay? / This Is The Latest Ponzi Scheme Going On Right Now, Please Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.