Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party (15373 Views)

Reps Minority Crisis: Edwin Clark Urges PDP To Sheath Sword / Saraki Faults INEC Verdict On Osun Polls, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm / What Will Happen To Saraki, Dogara If They Dump APC – Senator Girei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by ynaijaNews: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2017

A Chieftain of All Progressive Congress (APC), Senator Abubakar Girei, has told the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to rename the party.

Girei, who represented Adamawa Central in the Senate, between 1999 and 2003, said renaming PDP was necessary because the last administration and the leadership crisis “spoiled” the party’s name.

In a statement made available to reporters, he said, “I congratulate Senator Ahmed Makarfi and PDP for winning their case.

“As a proud APC member and a full blooded Democrat, I urge them to put behind all that happened and re-invent, rebrand and reposition PDP to provide a viable and strong opposition to our ruling party.

“Democracy is about choices, and since PDP’s name is already soiled and therefore can no longer fly, they need to start by renaming the party.”

YNAIJA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Babysnow1: 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
I no understand shocked
Shey d name nai dey give am badluck tongue

10 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by StakerLives(m): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Ngokafor(f): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
..APC chieftain urging PDP to rename party??...what for?..To decamp again i guess seeing that the APC brand is fast becoming leprous as the days go by.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by tuniski: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ngokafor:

..APC chieftain urging PDP to rename party??...what for?..To decamp again i guess seeing that the APC brand is fast becoming leprous as the days go by.
No mind am. PDP is the ultimate brand in our democracy. The good and bad have happened and lessons have been Learnt.
Without PDP, APC won't have who to blame for their disastrous era!
PDP power to the people. A slogan that is true and will endure. I wonder what apc's slogan will be come 2019!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
So that they join abi ... Thunder fire unah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by datola: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Why is the APC SINator crying more than the bereaved?

29 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by NwaNimo1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
APC advising PDP?

Nonsense...

20 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by dlondonbadboy: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mtcheww

See the useless people we have in Nigeria...this fool was once a lawmaker and you wonder whywe are not moving forward as a nation..

Useless goats everywhere..

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by sleemfesh: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hia
Panadol on top anoda pesin headache.
Odikwa egwu.

7 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Moreoffaith(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
wetin be their own?
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lol... They better stick to opposition party.. It has taken their party name already. cheesy
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Agbalanze(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
The zombie is simply afraid that PDP is back and stronger.... I understand his fears...

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Igbos have proved to be the most confused set of humans. Just look at them celebrating Ahmed Makarfi's court victory; these are the same people that have threatened to boycott the forthcoming anambra electiins and take no part in Nigeria politics again.

PDP = biafra biafra = PDP

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by ChangetheChange: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
grin

Wetin concern agbero with overload

APC getting scared of 2019

APC leaders are already planning to decamp back to PDP since Buhari has turned to vegetable

9 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Akpan107(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
The end of APC is near...

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Abfinest007(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
renaming it is not d matter. is like removing an old wine from it bottle and putting it in a new bottle d content still remains d same
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Potential defector (decampee) spotted! Rename what!? This man must be high on kontagora weed. Let him just congratulate PDP and go to sleep because there's no space for him.
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by EDDGgold: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
E pain am say sheriff lost out
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by EDDGgold: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Fit2Rule:
Potential defector (decampee) spotted! Rename what!? This man must be high on kontagora weed. Let him just congratulate PDP and go to sleep because there's no space for him.
don't mind the yeye old Senator who lost relevance at d grassroot.... he doesn't drink he talk like a drunk.. thump up markafi

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Fkforyou(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
He should shove his advice up his butt hole till it comes out through his nose like a waste, because that's what his advice is, a waste.. undecided
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by GoodGovernance: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
tuniski:

No mind am. PDP is the ultimate brand in our democracy. The good and bad have happened and lessons have been Learnt.
Without PDP, APC won't have who to blame for their disastrous era!
PDP power to the people. A slogan that is true and will endure. I wonder what apc's slogan will be come 2019!

Stupidity is when you compare a 2 year era,with a 16 year era.

Virtually all oil export dependent economies are in recession,except those that saved for the rainy day and judiciously utilised previous oil wealth for extensive economic development.Nigeria did not and it cannot be the fault of APC.

The slogan could be:APC,''Progress''.A lot of things have changed.The Nigerian treasury is safer in the hands of APC than PDP. To me that is a major change!!!!

Other progressive changes will surely follow.

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
h
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by refreshrate: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
Eediot who asked for his senseless advice ?

He should go and advice his party to keep any single one of the campaign promises they made

$1 = 1naira

Whoremonger don't go and look for buhari.

Beast

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by MrImole: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wetin concern him?
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by tuniski: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Stupidity is when you compare a 2 year era,with a 16 year era.

Virtually all oil export dependent economies are in recession,except those that saved for the rainy day.Nigeria did not and it cannot be the fault of APC.

The slogan would be:APC,''change''.A lot of things have changed.The Nigerian treasury is safer in the hands of APC than PDP. To me that is a major change!!!!

Other changes will surely follow.
Very lame and unsellable narrative meant for zombies.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by bangging(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
StakerLives:
lipsrsealed
and what happen to the others? that's why we the south prefer u people to stay together and let use live our life's in Peace...
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by GoodGovernance: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
tuniski:

Very lame and unsellable narrative meant for zombies.

The problem with people like you is that they just vomit rubbish without any coherent and intellectual paradigm.

All I expected you to do is to debunk my submission.

I am not a politician but a financially literate person.

I challenge any learned person to an intellectual discuss on if and how, an oil export dependent country like Nigeria ,could have averted the present economic recession,when the price of oil,a major contributor to our GDP, crashed by more than 60%.!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by Franchise21(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nonsense
Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by maxiuc(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodGovernance:

The problem with people like you is that they just vomit rubbish without any coherent and intellectual paradigm.

I challenge any learned person to an intellectual discuss on if and how, an oil export dependent country like Nigeria ,could have averted the present economic recession.
life was easy In 16yrs of PDP in power, just2yrs of APC hunger and starvation everywhere abeg I get headache no time for Zombie

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party by tuniski: 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodGovernance:

I challenge any learned person to an intellectual discuss on if and how, an oil export dependent country like Nigeria ,could have averted the present economic recession.
I can't belabor myself with rebuttal that an elementary student of economics and finance can issue.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Court Adjourns Melaye’s Case Indefinitely On Health Grounds / Omisore's Ambition A Dance On Bola Ige's Grave - Osun APC Group / 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii As Ebonyi PDP Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.