Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,917 members, 7,802,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . (3404 Views)

Afolabi Akanni Not Dead As DSS Produces ‘Dead’ Lawmaker Alive (PHOTO) / PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( / Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by vowiski(m): 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Hurray, Uniben has elected their first female SUG President, The only and first female to contest for that position, she won 5 boys by a landslide. . . . More info soon!
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by snowdrops(m): 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
Congratulations to the lady then.
Whats her name?
Do you mean she is the first female SUG pres. in UNIBEN or all unis?
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by vowiski(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
Her Name is Chineloma Eleodioma,
She was written off, had the less publicity, The result took everyone by surprise,
her campaign tag : Change is possible. . .
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by snowdrops(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2010
Well done to her. I am a UNIBEN Alumni myself and was a politician during my time. So many things have changed during the past 10 years though.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Beaf: 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2010
vowiski:

Hurray,  Uniben has elected their first female SUG President,  The only and first female to contest for that position,  [size=14pt]she won 5 boys[/size] by a landslide. . . . More info soon!

grin grin grin grin
Now thats one lucky babe!

@topic
Thats another solid step forward for Nigeria. Well done Chineloma Eleodioma, congratulations Uniben.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
Beaf:

grin grin grin grin
Now thats one lucky babe!

Na better prize for real. grin
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Pifa: 3:58am On Feb 03, 2010
What does SUG stand for?
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Demdem(m): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2010
^^^^ STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by aloyemeka2: 6:52am On Feb 03, 2010
This shows that the mind of Nigerians are truly progressing. Voting a woman as the SUG president . The girl try sha. Where were the , eiye  and buccaneer members when this happened?. Before, it's very difficult for an ordinary male student with no clandestine connections to win that how much less a female. Congrats Chinelo.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Pifa: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2010
Demdem:

^^^^  STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT.

Gracias!
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Nigerd(m): 7:50am On Feb 03, 2010
Hope she will not be another Felicia Etteh?
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Cyberfreak(f): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2010
Wow.
I was shocked by the news. I was actually one of those who voted for her yesterday. While we were waiting outside to cast our votes and talking about the candidates we supported, we were told with certainty by those rooting for her opponent that she would never win. I even believed that she actually wouldn't win. I am so surprised.
Her name has gone down in history. Hope she does a good job in office, a lot of attention is on how her tenure would turn out to be.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 03, 2010
I dont support d idea of our SUG president and vice president being both girls. im not a male chauvinist, but i dont c dis girls being strong leaders in d face of d school management irregularity.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2010
snowdrops:

Congratulations to the lady then.
Whats her name?
Do you mean she is the first female SUG pres. in UNIBEN or all unis?
No, Naja'atu Mohammed was the first female SUG president in Nigeria. ABU 1983/84 session.
Re: Uniben Produces First Female S U G President. . . by snowdrops(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
Jarus:

No, Naja'atu Mohammed was the first female SUG president in Nigeria. ABU 1983/84 session.

Weldone mate. You sure know your history.

(1) (Reply)

After Massacres, Anger In Nigeria's North / Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.