Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) (4445 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup / See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by vinegurl(f): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2017
Egusi soup is one those Nigerian soups made with egusi seeds, it is very easy and simple to make egusi soup unlike other Nigerian vegetable soups which involve long procedures. The two methods of preparing egusi include the frying method and the caking method. The caking method is what you are seeing above, also see here http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/20/how-to-make-egusi-soup-melon-soup-.html how to make the frying method.
To make this soup within an hour, all you need to do is to add a little water to ground egusi, then mould into medium balls, the balls will form lump in the soup. This process doesn’t take much time. Other thing you may need to do is to season and cook your meat and chop your vegetables and keep aside.

Ingredients for preparing egusi soup

1. 400g ground Egusi (Melon seeds)
2. ½ kg of goat meat cut into medium sizes
3. 1 medium size Shaki (cow tripe)
4. 1 medium size smoked or iced fish
5. 1 head stockfish
6. 3 cooking spoons palm oil
7. 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
8. 4 piece scotch bonnet peppers
9. A handful of any Vegetable: bitter leaf Ugwu (Nigerian pumpkin leaves), waterleaf or spinach
10. 3 seasoning cubes
11. 1 small ogiri okpei, optional
12. Salt (to taste)

Follow this link to see pictures and also read steps on how to prepare egusi:
http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/116/egusi-soup-how-to-cook-delicious-egusi-soup-caking-method-.html

1 Share

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by whitebeard(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Chai..! I shall dream a good dream tonite

6 Likes

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by vinegurl(f): 2:15am On Jul 13, 2017
whitebeard:
Yea you deserve it bro.
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by whitebeard(m): 7:16am On Jul 13, 2017
vinegurl:

Yea you deserve it bro.
grin yes I slept well...!! My dream was delicious

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by vinegurl(f): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
whitebeard:
grin yes I slept well...!! My dream was delicious
Wow , good to hear that.
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2017
whitebeard:
And eat pounded yam and egusi in the dream
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by Chubhie: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2017
I'm tempted to prepare/order correct homemade anambra egusi soup this weekend! Things we take for granted in Naija!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by vinegurl(f): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chubhie:
I'm tempted to prepare/order correct homemade anambra egusi soup this weekend! Things we take for granted in Naija!

That is not a bad idea dear, egusi soup is the best!!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) by sonety2k(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2018
cool

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Na Plantain Be This (pic) / Where To Get Milk Substitute Like Rice, Almond Or Coconut Milk In Lagos / Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.