Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,529 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71329 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Brownville007: 5:17am On Jul 13, 2017
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and
peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2018 will be from the 11th – 31st of July 2017.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4. Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
Application Deadline: July 31st 2017
https://www.africa-youth.org/opportunity-apply-au-youth-volunteer-2018/

Source: https://www.graduatejobsng.com/apply-african-union-youth-volunteer-corps-au-yvc-2018/

African Union Recruiting Youth Volunteer Corps

African Union Recruiting Youth Volunteer Corps
The African Union has started the process of recruiting Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) for all its member states across the continent.

AU-YVC is a continental development program that recruits and works with youth volunteers, to work in all Member States across the African Union.

AU-YVC promotes volunteering to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key participants in the delivery of Africa’s human development targets and goals.

It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated Continent and by implication strengthen Africa’s relevance in the globalized world.

The concept is in line with the African Youth Charter as well as the Decision of AU Head of States and Governments in Assembly/AU/Dec.274 (XVI) January 2010, to set up a continental Volunteer initiative.

AU-YVC was officially launched on the 3rd of December 2010 in Abuja, Nigeria, in the presence of H.E. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Ministers of Youth from across the AU, high level AU representatives, Partners and other Volunteer Organizations and Africa’s Youth at large.

AU Youth Volunteers would serve primarily in the following fields:

Education, Health and HIV/ AIDS, Peace and Security, Information and Communications Technology, Business and Youth Entrepreneurship, Agriculture and Environment

To find out more and register for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps visit https://au.int/web/en/volunteer/african-union-youth-volunteer-corps

INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME

Citizens of African Union Member States are invited to apply for Internship Programme

For internship opportunities register online at

https://www.au.int/web/en/welcome-auc-internship-program or email internship@africa-union.org.

http://www.nta.ng/news/20170712-african-union-recruiting-youth-volunteer-corps/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Brownville007: 10:29am On Jul 13, 2017
BroZuma:
Thats the link to it https://africanunioncommission.has-jobs.com/8th-batch-african-union-youth-volunteer-corps-multiple-locations-across-africa/155999/0
So lemmie ask you. Did you by any chance visit the link I dropped and is the content different from the one you dropped?. I won't even bother replying you again cos your case has gone beyond redemption
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by liftedhigh: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Originality007: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2017
How much are dey paying?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2017
Brownville007:

So lemmie ask you. Did you by any chance visit the link I dropped and is the content different from the one you dropped?. I won't even bother replying you again cos your case has gone beyond redemption
Lolz

5 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by donestk(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice one
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by jashar(f): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2017
okies....
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by slawomir: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2017
OK. Love to apply. I can speak and write Arabic and English fluently but I don't have twelve spare months to dedicate to such duty. Except if I should seek for two years of study leave without or with pay from my employers
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2017
una don dey fight for link abi
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 10:47am On Jul 13, 2017
Originality007:
How much are dey paying?

Likely $500 monthly.. I did a similar one years ago with the West African Health Organization.
It was like N 75,000 ( $ 1 = 150 or so)

Be less concerned about the renumeration. The experience to be gained is priceless for someone just starting out.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by BabaDem(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2017
Can an npowered person apply?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Caustics: 10:47am On Jul 13, 2017
shocked
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Caustics: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2017
BabaDem:
Can an npowered person apply?
no
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Caustics: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Likely $500.... I did a similar one like 6 years ago for the West African Health Organization
a month or a year?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by fredosky111(m): 10:50am On Jul 13, 2017
I'm interested..iam a lawyer based in Abuja..How do they treat their members ?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by notimeisnotime(m): 10:50am On Jul 13, 2017
They would just select a fee and give them meanwhile todays my birthday

8 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bellooyin(f): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice one,good to be on front page for the first time
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ariyebaba(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2017
African NYSC cheesy

make i take ma football age go apply.

From there i go cross go Europe cheesy

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by vikeyz(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by nanizle(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2017
notimeisnotime:
They would just select a fee and give them meanwhile todays my birthday

So what if today's your birthday?

Are you inviting us for a party?
angry

2 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by berryPee(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2017
is the application online thru NL?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2017
One year professional PR volunteer experience? Smh
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by LoveJesus87(m): 10:58am On Jul 13, 2017
R
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by doctuw(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2017
I'll give this a trial.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by BabaDem(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2017
Caustics:
no
y no? Shebi if i get d job i go quit npower?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / My Bad Experience With Palm Credit (Transsnet Financial Nigeria Limited) / Nnpc/Exxonmobil 2014 OND Graduates Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.