Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. (487 Views)

Key Evidence Missing As Offa Bank Robbery Suspects Plead Not Guilty / Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 / “my Client Was Threatened To Plead Guilty Or Die” – Evans’ Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. by Twizzy30(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2017
Hello nairalanders. So yesterday, i and some friends were arguing on these 'Guilty or Not guilty' issue.

It happened that a neighbour of mine was arrested on 7/7/17 (that 777 stuff) at about 8pm when he was coming back from work, they told his families to go get 50k to bail him out. Unfortunately, they couldnt come up with that amount of money so he was remanded in prison. They were charged to court some days later, the policemen at the station told them to say they were guilty when asked if they are guilty or not guilty, but my neighbour was like why would i say guilty when ive done nothing wrong.
To cut d lng story short, he said he was not guilty and his case was adjourned to a date.
Now my friends were saying had it been he said he was guilty, he would have been released on bail, i didnt agree with them on that. We argued back n forth nd i just had to leave there in peace.

So my question now is is this how things work, If he had said he was guilty, would he be released?

Plss lawyers in the house, enlighten me on this issue.

Note ; They said nobody wins a case against the government, then i asked who the government was they couldnt provide an answer.

This is d thread on the arrest carried out in ikorodu, many innocent pple were arrested just like this my neighbour.

www.nairaland.com/3917712/many-arrested-ikorodu-security-operatives
Lalasticlala
dominique
mynd44
seun

plss help push to fp.
Re: 'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. by dominique(f): 10:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Never EVER plead guilty to a crime you did not commit.
Re: 'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. by Lalas247(f): 11:40am On Jul 13, 2017
It depends on the evidence pleading not Guilty can raise the sentencing if proven to be guilt
Sometimes you can get reduce sentence or fine if you plead guilty .. but then again did he commit the crime?
Re: 'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. by Twizzy30(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
He committed no crime. He was on his way back from work at about 8pm and he was picked up.
Re: 'Guilty Or Not Guilty' Lawyers plss come in here. by Twizzy30(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
dominique:
Never EVER plead guilty to a crime you did not commit.
Thank you oo. Their excuse for telling him to plead guilty was that 'nobody fvcks with the government'

(1) (Reply)

See video of A Blind Man With A Winning Lottery Ticket Asks This Stranger / EFCC Arrests Dubai-bound Nigerian With 849 ATM Cards / EFCC Recovers N328.9bn From Petroleum Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.