Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. (25890 Views)

Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic / Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views / The Love And Importance Of Cats In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by boyka24: 10:14am On Jul 14, 2017
Mustiboy:
I was born a Muslim. I went to an Islamic school, graduated and even furthered my studies in the Islamic line. I was a devoted Muslim.
But truth be told, Islam, I must say, is full of shit. Yes! I said it. In Islam, it's Haram to touch the hair of people with this dreadlock like hair usually called DADA among the natives. Still, the Allah they believe created this DADA .
How can you tell me not to eat a snake, a cat or whatever?
When I was a Muslim, I did good because of a reward, I believe every Muslim does good because of a reward. Now that I've given up religion, I do good for the sake of good, not expecting anything from Some Allah at the other end.
There are too many rules in Islam and too much laws to abide to. If ChristIans and Muslims are going to end up in the same heaven, then I think it's totally unfair. As a Muslim, you have to do lots of things to get there, but as a Christian, all you have to do is believe in Jesus and live a good life.
Islam, I repeat, is full of shit! Can't believe I wasted 16 years of my life being a Muslim, the thought of that hurts and aggravates me
sorry bro u are still in captivity. Being a Christian doesn't change anything I tell u this religious is a sham and believe me sooner or later u will realise this. To me I believe religious is a thing of the mind just live a just and impactful life that is what u need

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2017
What does have to do with anything?

Not all hair can be combed

And dreadlocks can be brushed

Abdgafarplenty:

Hair can be Combed, not dreadlocks

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Antyna(f): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2017
Abdgafarplenty:

Subhanallahi. you have to click yes I am a Muslim and believe in shahada just to comment and you did all that just to say things u don't understand. If you truly went to Islamic school and you understood what they taught then, you wouldn't have this issue with Islam. it's never Haram to touch dreadlocks, but to have dreadlocks is Haram cus you wouldn't be able to perform solat cus no ablution possible with dreadlock hair. Allah created us in different nation, with different looks and behavior but he never created Dreadlocks. They're human made. Almost all baby has his hair roughly woven from birth that why Islam asked us to shave a baby's hair before the seventh day. No child ever born with DADA

He only went to Islamic school for going sake only!!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Abdgafarplenty(m): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2017
A mind that need change would be open to correction. Peace be on u
Sterope:
What does have to do with anything?
Not all hair can be combed
And dreadlocks can be brushed
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2017
I am happy you have realised that you have never had a point.

You are construing society's bias against dreadlocks as the truth. Well, it isn't. Dreadlocks is as good as any other hairstyle. If you don't like it, good for you but don't make it sound like it is an evil thing.

Abdgafarplenty:
A mind that need change would be open to correction. Peace be on u

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Antyna(f): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2017
Abdgafarplenty:
What is lawful is clear and what is prohibited is clear. Don't eat swine, carnivorous animals, animal with fangs. we have many bush meats, chickens, rams and cows and many other Halaal meat to eat. cat is not even up-to Goat meat nor snake better than Chicken

Can u imagine some people! still arguing on what is clear! If they want to eat meat, we have a bigger one (cow) that can't even be consumed by 10 people. Why cat meat would interest someone to eat in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Wonberi(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2017
Thank you brother fot this response. May Allah increase you in knowledge. Ameen
Abdgafarplenty:

Subhanallahi. you have to click yes I am a Muslim and believe in shahada just to comment and you did all that just to say things u don't understand. If you truly went to Islamic school and you understood what they taught then, you wouldn't have this issue with Islam. it's never Haram to touch dreadlocks, but to have dreadlocks is Haram cus you wouldn't be able to perform solat cus no ablution possible with dreadlock hair. Allah created us in different nation, with different looks and behavior but he never created Dreadlocks. They're human made. Almost all baby has his hair roughly woven from birth that why Islam asked us to shave a baby's hair before the seventh day. No child ever born with DADA
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Mustiboy(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2017
boyka24:

sorry bro u are still in captivity. Being a Christian doesn't change anything I tell u this religious is a sham and believe me sooner or later u will realise this. To me I believe religious is a thing of the mind just live a just and impactful life that is what u need
I'm not a Christian. I was just weighing it with Islam in other to pass a message
to put it straight, I'm an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Mustiboy(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2017
Sterope:
You don't like Islam. Good to you.

How is any of my business or other rmuslims in this section? Or are you looking for a box of cupcakes for your lame attempt at popularity?

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2017
Sterope:
Islam is one but it is not about Arabs. Don't make such reference please

I don't see anywhere in your authorities where ‘fang' was mentioned. Neither the Quran nor the hadith mentioned fangs.

You are the one making a claim, it is up to you to prove it. What I did was to point out holes in your authorities.

Anyways, God knows best.

Are u actually joking or something?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every animal that has fangs is haraam.” (Reported by Muslim from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him). According to a hadeeth narrated by Abu Tha’labah al-Khashani (may Allaah be pleased with him), “the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the eating of every carnivorous animal that has fangs.”

I posted that up there and it was clear like the cloud.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2017
Mustiboy:
I'm not a Christian. I was just weighing it with Islam in other to pass a message
to put it straight, I'm an atheist.

Oh an atheist. Didn't even know, waste of time and resources arguing with you people. I no know what una believe on but whatever your atheist God does make he fall on u abeg. Tc

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by emekaRaj(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
AhluSunnah:
Be careful n0t to call what is haram halal nor what is halal haram becauSE you are making tashreey in the deen and its kufru..... u have bring delil for the case of cat and dog.. but u havent and didnt bring proof for that of snake.. whatever u do n0t have pr0of for.. just bone the matter.. nice writeup though. .

Why didn't u add proof to ur own tashreey so ppl will knw.
why are u always so quick to call someone kafir, when u can simply ask for the proof. do u just like showing urself or u r just a dickhead.its pple like u dat hav little or no knowledge at all.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by emekaRaj(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2017
Victorclean1:
Islam is really something very devastating to humanity. Who can explain Sura9vs30 for me

When the makkans had a meeting with Satan in their mist and plot to kill prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Allah sent angel Jibril (Gabriel) to tell him nt to sleep at home, to leave the house and migrate from makka to Medina.

What dnt u understand in dis verse

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by emekaRaj(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Mustiboy:
I was born a Muslim. I went to an Islamic school, graduated and even furthered my studies in the Islamic line. I was a devoted Muslim.
But truth be told, Islam, I must say, is full of shit. Yes! I said it. In Islam, it's Haram to touch the hair of people with this dreadlock like hair usually called DADA among the natives. Still, the Allah they believe created this DADA .
When I was a Muslim, I did good because of a reward, I believe every Muslim does good because of a reward. Now that I've given up religion, I do good for the sake of good, not expecting anything from Some Allah at the other end.
There are too many rules in Islam and too much laws to abide to. If ChristIans and Muslims are going to end up in the same heaven, then I think it's totally unfair. As a Muslim, you have to do lots of things to get there, but as a Christian, all you have to do is believe in Jesus and live a good life.
Islam, I repeat, is full of shit! Can't believe I wasted 16 years of my life being a Muslim, the thought of that hurts and aggravates me

Atheist pple are here again, its easy to spot them, they always start the story, claiming to be in ur religion and was even the best in the religion and got to the post of Imam.
Nice story brother but we don't believe you.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2017
True. Sorry
balash:

Are u actually joking or something?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every animal that has fangs is haraam.” (Reported by Muslim from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him). According to a hadeeth narrated by Abu Tha’labah al-Khashani (may Allaah be pleased with him), “the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the eating of every carnivorous animal that has fangs.”

I posted that up there and it was clear like the cloud.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by brandydaniells(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2017
wslm
op never knew cats and snakes was haraam

what about monkeys.....
wslm
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2017
emekaRaj:

Why didn't u add proof to ur own tashreey so ppl will knw.
why are u always so quick to call someone kafir, when u can simply ask for the proof. do u just like showing urself or u r just a dickhead.its pple like u dat hav little or no knowledge at all.
MR man,do not vent ur anger on me. or perhaps its the name AHLUSUNNAH that u hate.The OP understands everything i said, he knows i did not call him kafir nor i insulted him. I called him to attention on fatwa of snake he made.thousands of people calling themselves muslims knows absolutely nothing about islam(sufi,shia,m.s.s.n,tabliq and other sects). if u wana learn, you ask questions politely. . OR CARRY YOUR ANGER GO VENT AM FOR GOOGLE SEARCH
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by brandydaniells(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2017
Antyna:

He only went to Islamic school for going sake only!!
speak fir ur sef ....

i was thought that also

unless ofcus it applies only ti arabic moslems

who are completely diff frm odas
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by emekaRaj(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2017
AhluSunnah:
MR man,do not vent ur anger on me. or perhaps its the name AHLUSUNNAH that u hate.The OP understands everything i said, he knows i did not call him kafir nor i insulted him. I called him to attention on fatwa of snake he made.thousands of people calling themselves muslims knows absolutely nothing about islam(sufi,shia,m.s.s.n,tabliq and other sects). if u wana learn, you ask questions politely. . OR CARRY YOUR ANGER GO VENT AM FOR GOOGLE SEARCH

U see u just prove me right, calling the names of different sect is uncalled and prove u r truely a Dickhead, and then u just assume I mentioned u because of ur moniker, wen u go about insulting every Muslim on nairaland it's cool with u. U said most Muslims dnt knw anything about Islam, yet u behave unislamic. It's pple like u that will end up with bokoharam, dats if you r not already in. And by the way I dnt belong or follow any sect.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Kakamorufu(m): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2017
snake, once. well, cats I haven't eaten it. who knows I might have mistakenly eaten dog. my love for suya and spending many times in the south south could have exposed Me to that risk.

may Allah forgive us all
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by heftycul: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2017
thanks
pls i need to know about donkey is it haram or halal
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Abdgafarplenty(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Sterope:
I am happy you have realised that you have never had a point.

You are construing society's bias against dreadlocks as the truth. Well, it isn't. Dreadlocks is as good as any other hairstyle. If you don't like it, good for you but don't make it sound like it is an evil thing.

once you urinate without cleansing ur page part, you can't pray, then will u call it an evil thing "to urinate"

once u have dreadlocks, you have left a major obligations to pray. dreadlocks you might have I don't term it evil, but being a Muslim you MUST pray and any act that stops u from not completing that act, be it hairstyle, way of life is not permissible in Islam.

Peace be onto You
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Abdgafarplenty(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
emekaRaj:

U see u just prove me right, calling the names of different sect is uncalled and prove u r truely a Dickhead, and then u just assume I mentioned u because of ur moniker, wen u go about insulting every Muslim on nairaland it's cool with u. U said most Muslims dnt knw anything about Islam, yet u behave unislamic. It's pple like u that will end up with bokoharam, dats if you r not already in. And by the way I dnt belong or follow any sect.

The Prophet Muhammad (Sallalahu alayhi wa salaam) said if Any of you believe in Allah and the last day, you should either say something good or keep Shut!
peace be unto him

I believe you both are wrong. once u see something u don't like and u know when you try to reply it will be in a way that attacks the other fellow, find a way to deliver ur explanations without and grievances nor harsh words.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by NotComplaining: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
balash:

I hope we are cool now..

My guy quoting Imam Nawawis traditions is not classed as daleel so you have not brought daleel about prohibition of snakes as food.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
cool Hosssana in the highest, you are blessed beyond measures.

They will harass you but don't stop saying the truth
Mustiboy:

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Mustiboy:
listen to yourself...
You and I know not all dreads are unkempt, so your assertion is ruled out .
Before coming of Islam, men of God were mostly dirty peoplewhom lived in caves. Do you wanna tell me God required that they were clean before praying to him?
preach on cool
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dreadlocks equals hair. Dreadlock is uncombed hair. When you add water to dreadlocks, you are adding it to your hair.

Please explain how water wouldn't get to dreadlocks? I am waiting for your explanation. Also, tell us where it is written that dreadlocks is not permissible in Islam?

Abdgafarplenty:

once you urinate without cleansing ur page part, you can't pray, then will u call it an evil thing "to urinate"

once u have dreadlocks, you have left a major obligations to pray. dreadlocks you might have I don't term it evil, but being a Muslim you MUST pray and any act that stops u from not completing that act, be it hairstyle, way of life is not permissible in Islam.

Peace be onto You
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by trigonometry: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
balash:

Are u serious you were actually a muslim as u proclaimed earlier on or you trying a punk? What nulls a Dada for prayer? A dirty locked smelly unclean hair to go meet the lord who created you? Are u playing a prank on us?

bro dont get it twisted, dreadlocks is not haram in Islam, even a muslim can grow his hair and even plait corn rows or braid it as long as its his natural hair. thats a popular misconception. trust me i was shocked when i saw it. i guess we Nigerians and Africans Generally have somehow mixed our cultures with islam too deeply that we dont know the clear dichotomy anymore. its always good to make researches and read wide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Million Pilgrims Stone The Devil, Yet He Is Still Alive - PM News / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims / It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.