Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle (25631 Views)

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2017
Here we go again..... embarassed

Missnande, why do I feel you wrote this story just for writing sake? From your previous work, you could've done way better but it seemed you were too tired to try hard. It wasn't a bad story but it lacked the push to get you into the next stage. I do hope the votes keep you.

Illicit, Illicit, Illicit. Very good one from you. It was 99 percent perfect. Wish you good fortune in the next stage to come. Good work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2017
KimberlyWest, I guess you were still basking in the euphoria of making it to this round when you wrote that story. I couldn't believe you wrote it after going back to read your previous story. It was poorly written. It would have been better had you narrated it instead of using dialogues. There was no sense of urgency or despair at all, which the story was trying to depict. The first sentence which should have been the kicker sounded as if she was telling her friend she had just gotten a new pair of shoes. You could have specified the particular parent who was murdered. Looks like voters don't even bother to read stories before liking and sharing. Please focus on your stories not your votes. Good luck!

piroux, your story was okay, though I wish the end had been better constructed. 'None would wake tomorrow.' could have been erased or some other words used like 'Screams resounded or gun shots reverberated.' It was a good read though. Well done!

GSteve001, your story was okay but for the life of me, I don't understand why you ended it with 'She spilled blood.' Was it that she later shot him, stabbed him or what? I wish you had ended it with, 'He spewed blood.' It would have made more sense. Pounded yam and fish stew? I'd love to try it.

This is very difficult. Very difficult for me and I pray y'all understand.

Team Elixir
piroux

Cc: Divepen1

3 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by LarrySun(m): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO: Considering all the other works you had been dishing out, I was expecting much more from this particular one. I guess my expectations were too raised, perhaps I should have stopped at the lintel. I know you could have done much better, but somehow, you must have underestimated your opponents since Frankenstein's disqualification. Above all, I believe in your writing skill, I just don't feel this particular one. It's a minor depiction of your talent. Who am I to judge, anyway? Such happens to the best of us.

Gmike2Rule:
At this level, the story you wrote is a little misnomer. I think you should have written something more engaging, something particularly much more relatable. I don't understand why such syndrome as this happens at final stages. You are a very gifted writer, but this one is just too simple to impress. Well done, all the same.

Skarlett: What can I say? You were knocked down and you rose with renewed strength! Wow! You are an inspiration to writers, you are an inspiration to me. You just blew my mind away with this story. You fought tooth and nail to reach here. You are too much, lady. You've just proved your worth. Your stories have always been deep. It tells a lot about how exceptional you are. God bless your heart.

Pick: Skar-freaking-lett!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kimberlywest--- 83 Likes 63 Shares-- 146 votes Gsteve001 11 Likes 5 Shares--- 16 vote Missnande-- 17 Likes 8 Shares-- 23 votes OluwabuqqyYOLO-- 5 Likes 5 Shares--10 votes Gmike2rule--- 12 Likes 8 Shares--- 20 votes

Selected contestants Kimberlywest Missnande Gmike2rule

Team Repogirl Illicit Missnande Team Elixir Piroux Kimberlywest Team Larrysun Skarlett Gmike2rule Stage 6.
25 words- 3 Judges and 1 vote. August 20-21 — Judges would pick 3 contestants, one contestant from their team — Readers' vote would select one contestant, making us have 4 contestants

cc:
Audreytimms Repogirl Larrysun
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
For better, for worse

He stood in our kitchen, looking smug and said, "I'm getting married to Katie." Katie was 25 and our daughter was 23. He was 54.

Skarlett

64 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
Rookie
They call her Ruka. He calls her rookie. She got pregnant for him, and aborted it without his consent. Now, she's dead and he's jailed.

Gmike2rule

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
THE DEVIL'S BARGAIN

Baba promised Ikenna wealth if he brought his only child for the rituals. He agreed reluctantly. Today however, he dances naked in the market square.

Piroux

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Title: YOLO
'FORGIVE ME'
Written to Deji who prayed me elope, Papa whose fury made me cower and my unborn whose chance at life dies with mine.

Missnande

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
**SACRIFICE OF A MOTHER**
Sobbing silently, I watched my husband eat the poisoned food.
Painful! But, I can't watch him kill my only child just because he's a hunchback.

Kimberlywest

64 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
The Long and Short of It....

It went in finally.

Moistly.

In. Out. In. Out....

It was going down....

'Its coming' - he whispered.

' Its too long' she moaned....

Then it erupted!!!

Illicit

14 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
Illicit, your entry lacked depth and I don't think it's the sort of thing for the competition. To me, it seemed like a joke and didn't leave any good or memorable impression.

It is because of these reasons that I've chosen Missnande to move forward. I hope the votes keep you anyway, Illicit.

Congrats Missnande, keep this up as you go into next stage and you have a good chance of winning the contest.

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Based on consistency...

Team Elixir
Piroux

KimberlyWest, I pray your votes get you to the next round. You should applaud yourself. I'm proud of you.

2 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by LarrySun(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Between Skarlett and Gmike2Rule,

The two writers wrote something nice. Not great, but nice. I was actually expecting more from both writers; but I guess that's what a story of very few words does...one shouldn't expect too much.

Well, I have to pick one that I still consider better, so I pick Gmike2Rule. I personally consider it a story with better depth.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
Vote Result

Illicit: 11 Likes 8 Shares= 19 votes Kimberlywest 51 Likes 38 Shares= 89 votes Skarlett= 55 Likes 49 Shares= 104 votes ( Wins and proceeds to final)
Final Stage
Contestants Piroux ( Team Elixir) Missnande (Team Repogirl) Gmike2rule( Team Larrysun) Skarlett ( Team Larrysun)

Instructions Write a 6-word story.
* Winner is decided by votes *Deadline for submitting-- August 22-23 Vote ends--12 noon 24th August

Judges can also canvass for votes.

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Missnande

BEGINNING'S END

One day,her birth,her demise.

60 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Skarlett

Unfaithful

Sleeping beside him. Thinking of you.

103 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Gmike2rule
Repercussions

Dirts they poured floated alongside houses

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Johnsown1(m): 7:56am On Aug 24, 2017
dingbang:
All these for just 10k?
For me i don't think that is all about 10k, they are been pushed/trained to become professional writer.blogging pays these days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Honeymoon In Prison-reborn / REVENGE (an Action Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.