Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom (683 Views)

Easy Way To Check BVN On MTN, Airtel, Etisalat & Glo / Breaking News: Etisalat Nigeria Is Dead! Say ‘hello’ To 9mobile / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by HerexG(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
Etisalat Nigeria has changed its name - The embattled telecom company will now be known as 9mobile - The Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) had earlier asked Etisalat to stop using its brand name within the next three weeks Etisalat Nigeria has on Thursday, July 13, changed its name after weeks of reported crises. Report has it that the Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) has directed Etisalat Nigeria to stop using its brand name within the next three weeks. ETC, the largest shareholder in the firm, had since terminated its management agreement with its Nigerian arm. The management of the company at the end of a management meeting in Lagos adopted the name 9Mobile as the new brand name. The implication of the directive is that the new management must decide within the next 21 days on the options before it, which are either an outright sale of the company or merger with an existing operator in the country.

Etisalat, which controls 13 per cent market share in Nigeria, has had a running battle with a consortium of 13 banks since March, after it notified them of its inability to service its $1.2 billion debt in February due to the foreign exchange challenges in the country.

Source:https://www.naij.com/1114876-breaking-etisalat-nigeria-9mobile-telecom.html?source=notification

Lalasticlala
Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Laryne(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
They should ask Airtel for advice and consequences. ..
Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Nbote(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Laryne:
They should ask Airtel for advice and consequences. ..

What consequences?? There hasn't been any service disruption whatsoever... Its jus a corporate identity issue with d withdrawal of Etisalat group from d country...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Laryne(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nbote:

What consequences?? There hasn't been any service disruption whatsoever... Its jus a corporate identity issue with d withdrawal of Etisalat group from d country...

I wouldn't know. I am not an Airtel staff; but I know Airtel have changed management and branch back to back.
Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by olayinks007(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
9mobile.abi 419mobile awon ole oniranu. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
olayinks007:
9mobile.abi 419mobile awon ole oniranu. undecided
lolz. At least we should be thankful they didn't sell to glo. That would have been a nightmare to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Nbote(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Laryne:

I wouldn't know. I am not an Airtel staff; but I know Airtel have changed management and branch back to back.

Dey've actually changed back to back to back and back again. Theirs affected dem seriously cos d first change took to long a process and den jus wen dey were trying to stabilise anoda change again and again.. Dis tym around etisalat is already a major player in d market and have made sure the whole controversy haven't affected their services in any way...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Nbote(m): 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
lofty900:
lolz. At least we should be thankful they didn't sell to glo. That would have been a nightmare to Nigerians

I would have jejely started sampling other networks data service to decide on which one I can manage.. It would had been catastrophic.. I'm guessing d name change is until dey get telecom investor...
Re: BREAKING: Etisalat Nigeria Changes Name; Now 9mobile Telecom by Laryne(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
Nbote:

Dey've actually changed back to back to back and back again. Theirs affected dem seriously cos d first change took to long a process and den jus wen dey were trying to stabilise anoda change again and again.. Dis tym around etisalat is already a major player in d market and have made sure the whole controversy haven't affected their services in any way...
True talk. You have a point.

(1) (Reply)

Deaf And Dumb Man Calls And Controls Giant Crocodile / See The Amazing House That Gives Electric Power To 50 Houses (picture) / Easykobo Website Upgraded To Real-time Stock Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.