Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport (1392 Views)

'Our Party Is Collapsing' - Salihu Lukman, DG Of APC Governor's Forum / Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa / Election Results: Mutiu Okunola Faints, Lands In Hospital After Collapsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by unipol(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2017
Blame the airport and airport officials. How can someone after spending 8 to 12 hours in flight, will be at airport again and start facing another Wahala. Sometimes I feel like fainting passing through many corrupt and decayed facilities and checks at our Airport. You see officials asking u many questions just to extort you. The A. C not working, lift locomotive, dirty toilet, no seat for travellers, conveying belt changed to conveying noise. And many 'Bros Wetin you bring for us' at our airport is enough to make you collapse. Many checks that would normally take 5 to 10 minutes, will take our official 1hour or more to check, because they are checking to enrich their individual pocket, extorting money from travellers.
Indeed Nigeria is a zoo.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by Okoroawusa: 9:28am On Jul 14, 2017
unipol:
Blame the airport and airport officials. How can someone after spending 8 to 12 hours in flight, will be at airport again and start facing another Wahala. Sometimes I feel like fainting passing through many corrupt and decayed facilities and checks at our Airport. You see officials asking u many questions just to extort you. The A. C not working, lift locomotive, dirty toilet, no seat for travellers, conveying belt changed to conveying noise. And many 'Bros Wetin you bring for us' at our airport is enough to make you corrapse. Many checks that would normally take 5 to 10 minutes, will take our official 1hour or more to check, because they are checking to enrich their individual pocket, extorting money from travellers.
Indeed Nigeria is a zoo.

wetin bring u back to the zoo?

u go thief oyinbo woman pant!

deportee!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by unipol(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2017
Okoroawusa:

wetin bring u back to the zoo?

u go thief oyinbo woman pant!

deportee!
My fear is that one day real animals in zoo will protest for insulting them because Nigeria is worse than a zoo.

Dont be a satisfied slowpoke, strife for a changed Nigeria. We deserve better than what we are getting now.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by Okoroawusa: 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
unipol:

My fear is that one day real animals in zoo will protest for insulting them because Nigeria is worse than a zoo.

Dont be a satisfied slowpoke, strife for a changed Nigeria. We deserve better than what we are getting now.
Am not satisfied with nigeria's under-development.

I hunger n strife for a better nigeria but I will never open my mouth to call my country a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by Amberon11: 1:40am On Jul 15, 2017
You didn't even mention the most valid point. Immediately you land there's a room you go through and I tell you, that room is hotter than a sauna. It can lead to severe dehydration and is enough to make anyone collapse.

Sometime In 2013, two or three foreigners fainted at MMIA on the same day and I can bet that room caused 90% of it. Did I add that they're no functional ACs?

On one occasion, there was a bad loudspeaker , so a man had to come make the announcements himself and kept shouting at the top of his voice. Why won't anyone faint from all these embarrassments?.
Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by nwamehn: 2:52am On Jul 15, 2017
Amberon11:
You didn't even mention the most valid point. Immediately you land there's a room you go through and I tell you, that room is hotter than a sauna. It can lead to severe dehydration and is enough to make anyone collapse.

Sometime In 2013, two or three foreigners fainted at MMIA on the same day and I can bet that room caused 90% of it. Did I add that they're no functional ACs?

On one occasion, there was a bad loudspeaker , so a man had to come make the announcements himself and kept shouting at the top of his voice. Why won't anyone faint from all these embarrassments?.

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by navada99: 3:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Amberon11:

That's nothing, last year two of my bags didn't make the flight. What I went through with Air France at the Airport was something I won't wise on my enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by Pangea: 3:14am On Jul 15, 2017
In fact they should change that welcome to MM airport to welcome. To HELL
Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by Amberon11: 11:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Ehya, sorry about that. They are also in the habit of destroying people's belongings..
navada99:

That's nothing, last year two of my bags didn't make the flight. What I went through with Air France at the Airport was something I won't wise on my enemy.
Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by mastermaestro(m): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Nigeria looks like a failed state already. cry Sometimes you wonder why another Nigerian derives pleasure in seeing you miserable. When will things be easy and organised in this country? Is the country too big for a black man to manage? Maybe it should be split into six or ten parts for easy management. Things aren't working! We can't keep wishing!
Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by unipol(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
MMIA officials collect 100 dollars forcefully from first time travellers whom they suspected aren't going to come back as their visa indicates.
Some first time travellers were threatened that they won't be allowed to board their flight because their BTA is not enough and still the officials will still demand bribe from this incomplete BTA.
Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Why Nigerian Returnees Are Collapsing In The Airport by unipol(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Now it is rats in our airport again.

(1) (Reply)

Restructuring Shall Be On Nigerians’ Terms, Not Apc’s – Afenifere / Kaduna State Vows To Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – Danfulani / See How Much Money Each Looter Has In The Bank account!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.