Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) (20748 Views)

Esther Isama Runs Prostitution Ring In Rivers State, Busted By Police / Female Kidnapper Stripped Unclad In Ibadan After Hypnotizing Children. Photo / Child Traffickers Apprehended In Kaduna With 17 Underaged Children. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by dre11(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2017
By Kenneth Ofoma

A mother of three, Mrs. Esther Agwu-Okachi, who escaped prostitution and returned home to discover that a member of a trafficking syndicate has allegedly sold her two children, has cried out for help.
Esther, a widow, became frantic over the alleged sale of her two children. The woman said she ran to a human rights group, Campaign for Democracy (CD), in Enugu for assistance in her quest for justice.

According to Esther, it was one of her kinsmen, Ifeanyi Ezitiri, in Ebonyi State, who approached and convinced her to go to Orlu, to meet the suspect, Okezie Aguabata.
Ezitiri promised her that Aguabata would employ her in his restaurant business.

She said: “Ifeanyi gave me the phone number of Aguabata. The man said that I should ensure I come with my three children, so that he would enroll them in school at Orlu. Aguabata sent me N1,500 as transport fare, with which I used to travel to Orlu with my children. When I got there, he deceived and told me to go to Lagos, to meet a childless couple. My three children were stolen, but one of them escaped from the traffickers.”

It was learnt that immediately the group got involved in Esther’s case, they approached Orlu Area Command of the police in Imo State. They were given a team of policemen. One of the suspects, believed to be involved in the sale of the children, Aguabata, was arrested.

Esther said: “My two children have not been found. The police at Orlu initially demanded money before they could go and arrest Aguabata. It was the second day, after I reported the case that the police eventually went to arrest the man. They realised I didn’t have money.”

The CD chairman in the South-East zone, Comrade Dede Uzor, said he was not too happy with the way police were handling the matter, said: “The widow, on getting to Lagos, was received by a ‘Madam’ who told her that the people who sent her ought to have told her the truth. The truth was that they sent her to Lagos for prostitution and possible transfer to Ghana or other African countries, where she would be forced to sell any of her organs.

“The Madam that received the widow took her to a brothel, to resume work, but the widow protested. She started crying, this made the Madam to send her away the next day without money. The Madam didn’t even care that Esther didn’t know her way back to Orlu. The suspect, Aguabata, runs an eatery and beer parlour business.

Uzor said: “When the widow was sent to Lagos, she was told that her three children, namely; Chinedu (9), Brenda (6) and Victor (4) would be handed over to Aguabata’s mother. His mother was expected to take care of the three children until they resumed school at Orlu. On her return two days later, she discovered that two of her children, Brenda and Victor, had been sold.

The eldest son, Chinedu, escaped from them and was wandering about when a Good Samaritan rescued him. The Good Samaritan called Esther, who subsequently reported the matter to police before inviting Campaign for Democracy.”

Yesterday, Uzor called on the Inspector-General of Police (IG), Ibrahim Idris, to order the Orlu Area Office of Imo State Police Command, to handover the case file to National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and other Related Matters (NAPTIP).

The group also alleged that the Area Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Edet, instead of arresting all mentioned suspects and going after those that sold the children in order to rescue them, directed Aguabata’s wife to go and bring back one of the children who they admitted to have sold.

Uzor said that the matter had already been reported to NAPTIP.

He added: “The suspect and others at large tricked Esther and stole her children. They then sent her away to Lagos, to live with a couple who had no child.”

Reacting on the incident, Edet said the matter had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID). He said that he considered any form of child adoption that didn’t follow due process, child stealing.

Attempt to get the reaction of the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Andrew Enwerem, was unsuccessful as he didn’t take calls.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/mother-shuns-prostitution-syndicate-sells-children/

1 Like

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by LionDeLeo: 9:35am On Jul 14, 2017
A mother of three, Mrs. Esther Agwu-Okachi, who escaped prostitution and returned home to discover that a member of a trafficking syndicate has allegedly sold her two children

She escaped prostitution,

Her two children had been sold.

Too much for the acclaimed richest in the world.

I swear, this concept of commoditising babies is just too wierd for my understanding and it is very obvious only some specific creatures are always identified with it.

Never really heard of where this idea is practised anywhere all over the world.

As in, there are buyers in the market always ready to buy or what?

Imagine, she returned to discover her two children had been sold, na chickens?

So, if your child is out of sight for upward of 1 hr (for instance), na to begin dey run to the market to check if your missing child was brought to that market for sale? Nawao!

16 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Evablizin(f): 9:47am On Jul 14, 2017
She looks sick
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 14, 2017
See her police will never take you serious once they know you don't have money. That's naija police for you

2 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by MhizzAJ(f): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2017
Na wa
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Raymondreigns(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
I need join bad gang 4 dis site....ama dope crack kid....
I also need to b FTC so make u clear Rd 4 me next time...
does NL has app dat notifies dose pipo dat news has been uploaded??
ayam not understanding dis tin sef!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Oyindidi(f): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Wicked world we live in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Ugoeze2016: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Hmm
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Jamiubond009(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
K
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by victorazy(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2017
APC
APC

1 Like

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2017
how sad. may they find the children.

1 Like

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by budusky05(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by muller101(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2017
Food for acomodators to feast on. Developers have done it again
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by jashar(f): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2017
what do they sell the children for or into?

1 Like

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by AzeezAbubakar1: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:
A mother of three, Mrs. Esther Agwu-Okachi, who escaped prostitution and returned home to discover that a member of a trafficking syndicate has allegedly sold her two children

I swear, this concept of commoditising babies is just too wierd for my understanding and it is very obvious only some specific creatures are always identified with it.

So, if your child is out of sight for upward of 1 hr (for instance), na to begin dey run to the market to check if your missing child was brought to that market for sale? Nawao!

[/s]
what's this one saying?

5 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by conductor14: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

[/s]

Worry not about Mama Nkechi. Your region is facing extinction by skull miners and baddo members.

Even dead people are not safe from skull miners in Yorobalandd. embarassed embarassed embarassed

[font]Mortuary Attendant Arrested For Beheading A Corpse In Oyo State
Posted by Seun on March 28, 2017 under Naija News

A mortuary attendant at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State, identified as Muritala Raimi, is being held at the Agodi prison on the orders of an Iyaganku Magistrate Court, Ibadan for allegedly decapitating a corpse.[/font]

3 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2017
lofty900:
See her face. Hope she didn't contact deadly disease

You didn't even read the story. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by YesNo(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2017
naija and evil business.

how did we get to this point in such a religious country with all the thousands of churches and mosques everywhere ?

4 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Oyindidi(f): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=desmondluck post=58445369][/quote] undecided
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The matter tire me. But listen, this emerging crime is not just about tribes. So zero your mind off tribalism. I have watched several documentaries on child trafficking and prostitution. I can tell you that it is a global pandemic of humanitarian level. These days, foreigners advertize for jobs and lure poor foreigners to travel out to countries in Europe and Asia. On reaching there, they are sedated and their kidneys surgically removed and they are abandoned to die.

Some girls go through a lot, there is a girl from Edo state that was invited for a job at Dubai, when she arrived there, she was sedated, barbed and a chain put around her neck, she was naked and Arab men take turns to sleep with her calling her dog, and her 'madam' was collecting cash and letting men have their way with her. She was constantly overdosed with stimulants. She only escaped and was deported. Cruelty is going on every day in every country and Nigeria is just about becoming very bestial. We are starting to question what life is. It looks like its a planet that has lost control and the Gods do not care anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by zurielsam(m): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2017
i will never check the region it happens god forbid
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by fatiaforreal: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2017
Nnamdi KANU should be interested in this as well. No country can prosper with incorrigible people like these traffickers.
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2017
Up Biafra. Giving us wonderful money making ideas everyday. grin

4 Likes

Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Adorbs: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2017
It's so appalling how human hurt each other all for vanity's sake
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by emmanuel596(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2017
Biafran activities
Re: Mother Shuns Prostitution As Syndicate Sells Children (photo) by Omofunaab2: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2017
Potor people and prostitution sha. They even carry child trafficking join. .. You can't take away prostitution from these people, even most of them here on nairaland have prostitute as mothers and sisters .. Na deir way . They control the red lights spot in Amsterdam... And they dominate it in Nigeria too, they have their girls in maiduguiri, kano, Kaduna etc

Most of their ladies are in various brothels in the south west sleeping with abokiis, elerans for as low as N350

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Arrested For Demolishing Building At Gunpoint [photo] / Guards Kill Ghanaian Employer And His Daughter In Ondo / Task Force Arrests 89 Prostitutes In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.