Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander (1524 Views)

Get A Professional Wordpress Website For Your Business, Blog Or Hobby / NIPOST Logo Redesign Competition And Tips… / Steps On How To Turn You Picture Into Cartoon Corel Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Greetings all,

Please I need some helpful ideas to turn my hobby (Pencil Sketching) into a source of income.

I have no formal training in fine arts since I studied Geology in the university and graduated with a high 2.1.
I will love to have both my career and hobby pay me handsomely in the nearest future.

Attached are some few recent sketches I did for my friends and they appreciated me for it financially.
I want to improve in the area of Finishing( Realism),
Packaging (Framing and other media) and Pricing.

This is my first post on NL, I anticipate a favourable response & promise to sketch any mod that helps me to reach FP.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by emydexter: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
if u can do them in realy large sizes (art gallery sizes), glass framed and display in shoprite, you will sell.

1 Like

Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
emydexter:
if u can do them in realy large sizes (art gallery sizes), glass framed and display in shoprite, you will sell.

Thank you so much Sir.
Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
I was seriously why I had no comment from the few who viewed.

I'm optimistic I'll get there sha.

I'm still new so no monikers to mention.
Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by LordsBattleAxe(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
Keep it up bro... Lovely

1 Like

Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
LordsBattleAxe:

Keep it up bro... Lovely

Thanks Sir. It has improved ever since.
God has been gracious.
Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by ChuksEpells: 2:13am On Oct 04, 2017
how much do you want to sell it, I am a self taught artist too and I want to start selling my own, am still learning tho

Re: Need Ideas And Tips To Turn This Hobby Into A Source Of Income.(by A Nairalander by Sleyanya1(m): 1:22am On Oct 06, 2017
I'm even working on a portrait right now.

I'm setting the cost at a low for two reasons

1. The situation of the country at the moment.

2. To gain more referrals (affordable rates) and jobs.

The more we sketch the more we improve.

Right now I'm accepting 2.5-3k without framing. Using it as a learning process too.

But I think I'll have to learn formally once I get the chance. It's good to be formally experienced too.

Compare the initial photo I dropped on this thread to these two, you'll know I've improved by God's grace.

(1) (Reply)

Learn D Art Of Digital Photography & Video Editing And Be Self-employed / Pirated Copy Of The New Xmen Wolverine Story. / Animation On A Whole New Level!! Peep & Comment!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.