Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:09 AM

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) (56738 Views)

These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / 10 Crazily Expensive Mercedes-benz Cars You’ve Never Seen Before. / 8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by autojosh: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
10 super expensive cars that were just left to collect dust and rust by their owners

This LeMans Blue Jaguar XJ220 was last seen in Beirut where it was purchased 6 years before being found at the edge of a Qatari desert. Only 281 of these cars were produced and the price tag was around $500,000 and they’re still far for cheap at around $200,000.

This Maybach 57 was found in a Cannes parking lot in 2012, where it supposedly sat for four years. It was in pretty good shape, with only the hood ornament missing. A car like that would set you back about $380,000 before Daimler discontinued the brand, but they’re still far from cheap nowadays.

This Maybach 57 was found in a Cannes parking lot in 2012, where it supposedly sat for four years. It was in pretty good shape, with only the hood ornament missing. A car like that would set you back about $380,000 before Daimler discontinued the brand, but they’re still far from cheap nowadays.

Uday Hussein was Saddam’s oldest son. Around the time of the first Gulf War he obtained a Ferrari F40, which he kept as part of a massive collection of luxury cars until he was killed by US Special Forces in 2003. When Iraq was invaded that year, the F40 was reportedly at a garage in northern Iraq having some work done. Abandoned when Uday died, it can still be found beside a dusty track somewhere in rural Iraq. Well looked-after F40s sell for around $450,000.

This Lamborghini Miura was bought by Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis for Stamatis “Greek Elvis” Kokotas 1969. The poor car just couldn’t keep up with Kokotas’ love for rally racing and its engine gave in in 1972. It was left in the underground parking lot of a Hilton in Athens while the engine was sent to Lamborghini for repairs. Kokotas lost interest, didn’t pay Lambo and the poor Miura was left standing there for 30 years. When the Lambo was put up for auction in 2012, having been reunited with its engine, bidding stalled at $483,210.

Finding a regular abandoned Aston Martin DB5 (obligatory James Bond shout-out) is any car guy’s wet dream, but finding the prototype is even better. This particular one was found in a decrepit shed after not being driven for about 20 years. Even though it wasn’t in the best shape, that still didn’t stop it from being auctioned off for $580,000

In Dubai, it’s actually illegal to be in debt. Bouncing a cheque is a jailable offence. So, expats faced with crippling debts have taken to abandoning their cars – usually with the keys in the ignition, and sometimes with maxed-out credit cards in the glovebox – and skipping town for good. This dusty Ferrari Enzo is the ultimate expression of this worrying trend. Its British owner allegedly fled, abandoning the $1.1 million car after failing to pony up for a series of traffic fines. The car was then seized by the police. After a flood of reports claiming the Enzo was headed to the auction block, the authorities revealed that along with nine other cars (including a Ferrari 599 and 430 Spider), it is the subject of an Interpol investigation concerning its theft.

The Bugatti Veyron is one of the most expensive cars with a price tag of around $1.5 million. It is also one of the fastest cars in the world but the price and speed didn’t matter to an owner in Russia. The car has been left abandoned and while it is not in perfect condition, it has caught the attention of everyone as it’s just sitting there gathering dust.

A $2 million Koenigsegg Trevita was abandoned in a Zurich, Switzerland parking garage, and the owner didn’t even bother to park like a functioning human being. It had accumulated costs of more than 1,000 Swiss francs by the time it was found in 2012, but that’s probably pocket change to the owner

Only 6 Shelby Daytona Coupes were ever built and this particular one was unearthed after its owner committed suicide. It was driven by a number of renowned racers and set a multiple racing records. All trace of it was lost in the 1970s, but then it was found in 2001 and auctioned off for $4 million. It now resides in a museum in Philadelphia.

https://autojosh.com/10-most-expensive-cars-found-abandoned/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by hopeforcharles(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ok now what do u want me to do with this information? This my good friend is junk to me

6 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by skarz: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
some people will just buy these ones and keep in garage
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Esosa01(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
This is serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Caustics: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
shocked where is the money from auctioning these cars going to?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2017

Op
Ayam very angry with u angry

Y are u informing us nw?

After de hav been all auctioned out

In accounting terms
Dis information though complete, understandable and concise is no longer relevant because the time lag for users to make economic decisions on d info has expired

#Eco99#

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Ehiscotch(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
So some cars can just be lying useless in some garages, covered in dust.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by NLOwner(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Me: Buys a toks Bugatti Veyron cool

After six months..

Contact my mechanic to change four tyres and service the car..

Mecho: Oga your money na N75m oo.. shocked

I jejely buy a Toyota Supra and life goes on...

I cannot comman kill myself over nothing.. cool

22 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by awujoolasola(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
All dis cars no fine reach my toyota

2 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
That's how I was passing by a police station the other day, I saw expensive cars, range rovers, landcruisers, Ford etc abandoned there by the owners, the car had flat tires and I'm sure everyday that passes by, police will steal something from them until the empty shells will be sold as scrap.

Meanwhile, I no want bugatti or Ferrari, I just want this Hyundai elantra below

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by SageTravels: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
Somebody should Tag Wizkid and Davido.

One day they will become old skool.

NOTHING LAST FOREVER

13 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by FitnessDoctor: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
When you have $100 million in your account and other valuable assets, you wont be worried about $500,000.
I remain your favorite health blogger
Paul Samuel Fitnessdoctor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Cutezt(m): 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wawu

Later hush puppy abi Na bull dog go dey claim money

Meanwhile, learn HOW TO FIX AN Android PHONE STUCK AT Boot SCREEN
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by apeiron24(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
okay..... where are the cars now.....

Watch 8 people who look older than their age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaGa9thGKqA
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by swiz123(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
The cars are likely owned by drug dealers
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by yungengr(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
God hunger dey for land and person get mind to dump such cars,my own go be in the future lemme go work for am
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by dbynonetwork: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Team KEKE NAPEP...
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by imstrong1: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Car freak over to you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by seunny4lif(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
My car no make the list

VW Passat
I like that car but it's too expensive jooor

1 Like

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by muller101(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Autojosh show us ur own car
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by jericco1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Some expensive sh!t.
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by owaeghianye(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by miqos02(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
nice
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by mykh01(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
eleda masun, am sure one day people will emulate ma did. whats the essence of excessive wealth when others are languishing in the ocean of poverty.
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by potent5(m): 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
Seen. Next!
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by misspineapple(f): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Ogashub(m): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Some people get excess some people dey find just small to survive

2 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by bewla(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by deepwater(f): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
OP what happened to this one at IBADAN?

7 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by Toks2008(m): 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Vanity

2 Likes

Re: 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) by ajalawole(m): 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thinking it was Mr EXplorer only to find out it was autojosh........................ sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate / Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.